Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA - Known Issue: Riven Challenges Resetting

[DE]Taylor

We’re aware of an issue where Riven Challenges with a reset trigger are requiring players to maintain the challenge condition until the end of the mission, even after challenge completion. For example, with “Get X Kills In A Row While Wall Latching”, players would have their completed challenge reset the moment they touched the floor. 

At the time of writing, we have found a Code Fix for this issue (requiring Cert), but we are actively looking for a workaround that can be hotfixed. In the meantime, we are running a 2 x Veiled Riven Cipher Alert from Friday, Oct 20 at 2pm ET until Monday, Oct 23 at 9am ET to help players with affected Rivens. 

---

Known Workaround:
Once completing a challenge, quitting the mission before the reset trigger is hit will allow players to unveil their Rivens. This is not an ideal workaround, but it is a method that is available to those who wish to use it.

Example:

• Killing X enemies without receiving a Status Effect, players can either try to complete the mission while maintaining that condition, or exit once the challenge is complete. 

--- 

24/10/2023 Edit: 

We launched Hotfix 34.0.4 with a temporary change as we continue look for a non-code workaround:

• We have temporarily removed Riven Challenges with reset conditions from Riven generation, as we continue to investigate the issue of them continuously resetting even after completion (read more on that in the respective PSA). Any existing Unveiled Rivens with these challenges have had them replaced with their non-conditional version, for example: “Kill X enemies without being detected” is now “Kill X enemies”. The following two challenges in particular had their own unique issues, and have both been replaced with “Get X headshots”. 
    • Get X headshots in a single aim glide. 
    • Get X kills in a row while wall dashing or wall clinging without touching the floor.
Edited by [DE]Danielle
Oct 24th edit
  • Like 12

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)eViLAgEnda87 said:

My over 30 defense mission which I completed to unlock my riven, never unveiled my mod. Is this bug also affecting other mods as well?

Many different Riven challenges are affected by this bug, so it is possible that yours is as well. Unsure what exactly your challenge was!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

quitting the mission before the reset trigger is hit will allow players to unveil their Rivens.

There are some cases where opening the escape menu will reset the challenge too, so you have to Alt-F4.

not only rivens. that's also includes incarnon upgrade challenges. for the reference. i had 2/5. something like shoot void angel in the head no reloading. when completed i reloaded and it was reseted. i completed it multiple times and got all incarnon updates 5/5.

• Like 1

Almost a lot of the riven challenges are affected of this bug. "Kill X enemies without taking damage." is also one. I've tried doing it on an exterminate mission then unveiled it. But when I killed another, it resets the challenge.

experiencing the same

if my character touches the ground or release aim, the riven resets

I bypassed issue by going into plains of eidolon, zephyr float, 3 headshots, alt f4 the moment riven challenge registers

Edited by bananastud69

So you know how you can find them on the ground, with parked Dargyns? Take Zephyr and cast Tornado on the spot where the Dargyns are, the roaming one, it'll spawn on the pilots and lift them off the ground. Shoot the Tornado to kill them and it counts, because they leave the ground, but don't touch it again.

Same issue here - Wisp Prime in Plains of Eidolon and Earth Mariana.

Had some similar resets with an Archwing mission as well (6 and 7 headshots while in archwing one without status effect).

Whenever I touched ground the progress reset, even though I got the 'Completed' message. No unlocks even on successful mission complete.

[Edit]: Reran Mariana Steel Path with Octavia to check if the reset only happens with special airborne mechanics 'Frames - but had the same reset issue again.

Edited by hedgehog2k

I found a bug earlier with the affinity reward when completing a riven challenge. I kept getting the 5k affinity for the entire mission duration. We are talking about 10 instances of 5k affinity every second. The riven challenge was to maintain a 6x combo counter for 30 seconds. I maxed my weapon from rank 0 to 30 in a few seconds with this and finished the 6 min defense mission with 26.5 million affinity on my melee weapon alone.image.png?ex=6544cf59&is=65325a59&hm=6fbee1599e5e131a88226dd5ec1a488a53983f03681ba596904f86c6ac6567b1&

I've encountered the following issue with two rivens: 13 kills while wall latching without touching the floor, and 3 headshots in 1 aimglide.

I complete the task. The riven completed banner appears. Then I land and it resets to 0.

This makes it impossible to unveil the riven.

Please advise ?

On 2023-10-19 at 1:53 AM, Tesla_Reloaded said:

What mission were you doing? Some missions, like Survival, require you to raise an alarm to play through it. Of course it'll fail the riven task.

Yes! I discovered this!

But no, I've tried this in various missions. About a dozen different locations. The best of which seems to be Oxomoco, because there is no alarm, and plenty of easy kills.

I can cling to a wall or wallrun, while saryn gets kills and it will count 1....2.... (6 more enemies die. some from poison some from direct gunfire, none are counted)... 3

The alarm killing the riven is very clearly represented by the riven mission appearing on screen with a slice through it. If you touch ANY horizonal surface, anywhere, including little decorative underhangs an inch wide near the ceiling, the count resets to zero.

It's strange because I could understand the game having difficulty tracking during a wall run, but during a wall latch, it's extremely clear you are latched and unmoving on a wall while getting those kills. I also did all of these missions solo so it's not like I wasnt getting kill credit.

Yeah, I came across it too, 20 kills without hitting the ground while wall latching. I got them landed and failed it. I tried a second time and I didnt hit the ground the entire mision but at the mision completion you are forced to land and it counts as a fail then

Addendum I dont know if this is working as intended;

I got 19 counted confirmed kills. Riven unlocked. It was north of 25 actual kills, because twice I posted up on the wall latch, turned and shot a few guys, and saw it not counting. But once I was sure it was counting and I had infected several, I used Saryn's 4 to get the rest.

Once the Riven was unlocked, I went to complete the rest of the mission and it immediately removed all my kills when I touched the floor. I had 19/19 riven unlocked, and it just went back to 0.

This is counter to how many/most rivens work, where once it's unlocked you can ignore the special conditions required to unlock it.

I JUST got this bug as well!

but no, my initial report was of the much older bug, where it just isnt counting kills while you are latched. Not reseting the counter even after the riven is unlocked.

Thanks for pointing out that post tho. Wish I had known about it 20 minutes ago.

Man I have the same problem, that's why I'm here.

I even used Titania so when I complete the riven I can use titania's 4 and not touch the floor during all the mission and after finishing it, the riven remained locked.

lol.

Edited by herheister

Can one of you coders from DE explain to me why touching the forcefield on the outside of plains of eidolon fails your "Kill 4 dargyn while airborne and not taking status damage" causes it to fail instantly?  Can you explain why flying by a building causes it to fail?

can't touch the ground - insta fail.

can't approach any building, rock, flagpole etc. - insta fail once within 10 feet.

Can you perhaps tell me why an achieve that has bug reports on it since 2016 is still unfixed?

Seems to me that if a bug is causing you guys money, you fix it immediately. But if a bug isn't in the newest frame or gun release, you seem to not care at all about resolving it?

• Like 1