The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you damage a gray health minion???

-o69-Luck-Hunter-

Question

Ok, so i just done an Archon Mission i was lucky to have a god Party but when i was doing it with them i barely did damage to the Sentient Minions. Do you need to have a really strong Weapon to penetrate Gray Colored Health Bar??? That's what i was thinking coz my Arsenal is really weak...tho i have incarnon Weapons that i haven't tried on Sentient Archon Minions...

Please Help i need serious Answers.

Thanks~

LH

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, -o69-Luck-Hunter- said:

Do you need to have a really strong Weapon to penetrate Gray Colored Health Bar???

No. You need to shoot the canisters on their bandolier. Either get something really accurate & hitscan that can hit that or something with Punch Through so you can shot in their general direction. Typical weapons that can do that are Plasma based (Arca Plasmoor, Fulmin, Catchmoon, Stropha), alternatively you can use Ignis (Wraith), Fluctus Archgun or Klamora Prism

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Aerolyst

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

Yes the Aerolysts are annoying especially since the hit-boxes on the canisters seem to be minuscule.  Personally I find it easiest to perform a Heavy Slam Attack on or near the Aerolyst which will force them out of the air, onto the ground, where you can whack away at them with your favorite melee and destroy the canisters with relative ease.  I use the Paracesis due to the damage bonus against Sentients along with the removal of any damage resistances.  I know that Gunblades, like the Redeemer, can also knock out the canisters pretty quickly too.  Frost Avalanche works well to keep them stationary, although only momentary sadly, so shoot fast!  Many of the players before me have also given good options for you as well, so just find one that suits your playstyle.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Grey health bar means invulnerable. You can't out-damage it.
in most cases this means one of two things:
An invulnerability phase that will time out eventually.
Or there's some weak point you have to hit to take them out of it.

Usually weak points glow obviously. But in the case of Eidolans heat sync things, Profit taker's pipes, and Lech krill's backpack, they do not. which makes 2 of those fights really frustrating when you don't already know what to aim at. The one that isn't is profit taker because you're actually told to shoot the pipes.

Most of the bosses in the game function like this. it extends to enemies too. But a lot of weapons in the game can outright bypass the need to pay attention to weakpoints like this. So some players might just, not notice they're a thing. But for some reason specifically Aerolyst's don't like you using weapons like this on them.

There's some rare cases where other enemies need to be killed in order to break the invulnerability like Deacons and Circuit Jackal.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

DE changing the canisters red did not solve this issue i see

They need to add mission similar to the Nox "boss fight" for players to learn how these hyper unique enemies work before sending them into Steel path levels of pain

What are you alluding to with the "boss fight"? Don't recall there ever being a Nox "boss fight" anywhere in the game. And what is really needed to learn about Nox's, you just shoot them. Pretty sure the big glass helmet is easy enough for any new players to realize is a weak spot.

On 2023-10-21 at 1:52 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

What are you alluding to with the "boss fight"? Don't recall there ever being a Nox "boss fight" anywhere in the game. And what is really needed to learn about Nox's, you just shoot them. Pretty sure the big glass helmet is easy enough for any new players to realize is a weak spot.

An early quest that introduces the nox like its the scariest boss enemy in the game, then it dies like everything else

It was a quest with vay hek and something

Board Hek's Galleon: Pacific, Earth

Tileset: Grineer Galleon, Earth
Enemy Level: 5 - 8

Arriving at the Grineer ship, the Lotus finds her scans are being blocked, making her unable to scan for shards. Saya mentions how she and Onkko discovered that the shards respond to a unique harmonic, and laments that they can't subject the ship to a wideband harmonic. The Lotus, however, claims that she can do so, and subjects the vessel to a broad frequency sweep, visible as blue pulses of light passing through the ship. With the fragments located, Konzu discusses how Saya and Onkko's work was beneficial for Cetus, and Saya explains that it came at the cost of their personal relationship due to their dedication to Cetus.

The objective in this mission is to find a vault holding the shard marked by a waypoint. Along the way, players will enter a shuttle bay room, at which point the Grineer will launch an ambush led by a Nox, which players must defeat to proceed. The Nox is a highly dangerous enemy, firing toxic sludges that can slow down the player, and takes significantly less damage anywhere on its body except for its head. Once players reach the designated vault, they must hack the marked console, which will automatically grab the shard, allowing them to go to extraction to finish the mission.

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89

6 hours ago, BroDutt said:

Stropha is the best option since you can't kill archon with melee

I had no idea, I kept killing them with melee anyway. Also Vastilok/Sarpa exist.

6 hours ago, BroDutt said:

Another option is the incarnon version of felarx (yes those useless dual pistol).

That "useless" dual pistol that was being used to 1shot the archon pre changes (non-incarnon)?

Stropha is most effective against Aerolysts thanks to its heavy attack having innate punch through and very wide angle shockwave. Despite short range (within 15m), player simply need to aim the heavy attack in general direction of the Aerolysts and boom all canisters are gone. Don't even need to aim for the canisters. 

Of course stropha is not the only option, but definitely a no-brainer one.