Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to see a "Zariman Prime" tileset

Hexerin

No, not Prime like Orokin Prime tech (frames, weapons, etc), but rather a tileset that has the Zariman in its glorious original state. We catch limited glimpses of it during a span of story quests, but I think it'd be hella cool to see entire missions play out in it.

Would also give DE an excuse to add more tiles to the existing Zariman tileset, since all the current tiles could be converted over (massively reducing the overall workload of creating the new tileset). As the Zariman tileset is currently extremely sparse (it's currently the smallest tileset, having the fewest total unique tiles - likely due to the megatiles, and understandable if so), this would also be a win for those of us who still play Zariman missions.

As for lore reasons this could be a thing, that's simple. Void shenanigans. Allows a wide range of possibility for stories to be had.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

It could be a fun way to traverse some rooms. You could make it like the Lua spy rooms where you use void portals to go into the past and catch glimpses of what the place used to be like in its glory days as you travel through to the next portal.

That'd be another way to do it too, yea!

5 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Duviri is all about reseting time, maybe there could be a Duviri half of the Zariman which never "aged"

Considering how much Zariman exists within Duviri (not just in the skybox, there's pieces of it all over the landscape in the caves)...

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

As for lore reasons this could be a thing, that's simple. Void shenanigans. Allows a wide range of possibility for stories to be had.

funny thing is, anyone who's ever ran Pavlov (Lua Spy) will know there's rifts in the mission that warp you back in time, and the layout forces you go in and out of the "pristine" version of the vault, to get into areas that would otherwise be inaccessible. DE have never used these anywhere else since, but they could literally put them on the Zariman, and make a few clean versions of some Zariman tiles: the latter part is the difficult bit as it means making new tiles, but warping between normal and ruined versions of a location, that's something we've actually had before. 

aside from the graffiti, silver void metal formations and obvious damage, I doubt there's really any major differences between the Zariman pre-jump and it's current state.

I think this is a great idea for a few reasons. Zariman update was one of my favourite updates, and the new tilesets design was one of the reasons. I really like the modes there still. Could be more incentives and rewards to help encourage more playing, for example Relic Cracking etc. Also, could potentially be efficient to give us a slight resign of Zariman tilesets, the same way we have Orokin tilesets and Orokin Derelict tilesets. Seeing a more pristine, fresh Zariman could be interesting, and potentially easier to produce (as opposed to having to use new designs/layouts etc)

Just random speculation and guesswork, but I always figured from Yonta's text, and some of the Entrati's text, that eventually in Warframe, we might actually create another ship capable of reaching Tau. passage of time and all, newer advanced ideas from certain characters. Perhaps even more knowledge and understanding after Whipsers in the Wall, and possible interactions with Albrecht Entrati. May mean getting to a point where we might get ahold of a functioning, fresh or "Prime" Zariman like ship with all that that entails. Plus could come with some QOL (like being able to open Relics on Zariman tilesets etc).