Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted weapons are outdated

Zekkii

On 2023-10-30 at 5:52 AM, PollexMessier said:

Balefire chargers, Iron staff, and Hysteria are all pretty abysmal.
It's always bothered the hell out of me that Exalted meles in particular don't get access to all mods and don't get mod capacity from their stances. It's like DE wanted them to fail.

And whoever wrote the stats for Balefire should consider looking at other employment opportunities. Far away from game design.

Valkyr Talons are insane. The issue with Hysteria is its melee stance.

46 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Valkyr Talons are insane. The issue with Hysteria is its melee stance.

Agreed, while stats are great for melee weapons the real power is in the stance for most of the strong melees. Tonfas shine because of a certain stance that forces slash. Valkyr’s claws themselves don’t need buffs, but her stance needs an overhaul. 

48 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

And whoever wrote the stats for Balefire should consider looking at other employment opportunities. Far away from game design.

Agreed, Balefire sucks. Why on earth is it not tied to her fourth so I can helminth them both out?

3 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Agreed, Balefire sucks. Why on earth is it not tied to her fourth so I can helminth them both out?

For clarity, I wasn't the one who wrote that. While I do agree that Balefire is mediocre and incredibly clunky to use, I wouldn't go so far as to say that whoever designed the ability should be banished from game dev.

10 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

For clarity, I wasn't the one who wrote that. While I do agree that Balefire is mediocre and incredibly clunky to use, I wouldn't go so far as to say that whoever designed the ability should be banished from game dev.

Why on earth did it quote you… dang it it’s because I quoted that from your response wasn’t it? Also yea “banished” is obviously a bit dramatic. They put their work into it, and it just… didn’t come out good.

On 2023-10-29 at 4:46 PM, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

Nah. Nerfs are never good and nerfing hundreds of weapons to scale them towards a handful of exalted weapons would be incredibly stupid and time consuming. The simplest and best solution is to buff outliers.

Would it be a nerf if we buffed the enemies and AI? Because if people are crying about nerfs then lets buff enemies.

This isn't a universal problem; there are numerous Exalted Weapons that are great and well worth using.  Baruuk comes to mind, as does Excalibur, Titania, Mesa.  And Artemis Bow has never let me down when I've pulled it out.

Are there some Exalted Weapons that have fallen behind?  Sure.  But let's not pretend this is a problem shared by all Exalted Weapons.

On 2023-10-30 at 2:54 AM, Zekkii said:

I know some will find this an unfair comparison, but I think using an ability to make an exalted weapon should be just as powerful as using an ability to buff a gun.

Personally I disagree with this.  The main benefit of an Exalted Weapon is that you get a 4th weapon in your kit.  It should be a good weapon, it should be able to solve problems.  If the devs decide to give an Exalted Weapon's default strength a Roar-sized boost, that would be some sweet icing, but in no way necessary.

On 2023-10-29 at 1:56 AM, SDGDen said:

man i love this thread. 

"power creep has caused older exalted weapons to be left behind, what's the solution? buff the S#&$ out of them of course!"

or maybe fix the insane amounts of powercreep.

OK. Nerf bramma/AOE again and watch the game get review bombed into oblivion and lose ~20,000 active players like last time.

Nerf nerf nerf mentality makes everything equally bad instead of equally strong, and leads to a game nobody wants to play 

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 1

Am 28.10.2023 um 23:02 schrieb Zekkii:

Between rivens, arcanes, incarnon upgrades, unequipable mods, and general power creep, Exalted weapons feel worthless.  It sucks to build strength, forma, time, and energy to build one only to have it be a huge downgrade.  

Does anyone else feel the same?

actually almost all items. All popular items will be ruined before the content update so that everyone can farm new stuff.
primitive and lousy tactics.

4 hours ago, Kaiga said:

OK. Nerf bramma/AOE again and watch the game get review bombed into oblivion and lose ~20,000 active players like last time.

Nerf nerf nerf mentality makes everything equally bad instead of equally strong, and leads to a game nobody wants to play 

Ngl this is half the reason I stopped playing Destiny

They're great in the circuit, but yeah, in general gameplay incarnon weapons have powercrept them all quite a bit.

Better stance multipliers would give them a little breath of life in the short term, but who's not to say we'll be back to this. Balance in a live service game is a moving target.

Not sure i agree tbh, exalted umbra blade still annihilates everything, desert wind still op, garuda's talons are very strong and are on the same levle as venka prime, sevagoth's shadow and it's claws destroy everything even acolytes, mesa's peacemaker doesn't need introduction and hildryn's balefire is better than a lot of secondaries, the only exalted weapons that could use some buffs are titania's, ivara's and valkyr's 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I don't get the hate on Balefire. It's better then some secondaries in the game.

It actually shows its value in The Circuit, if you get a bad roll of secondary weapons and you get a Hildryn: It's actually a viable answer. 

Now is it always ideal: No. But I wouldn't call it abysmal either. 

I swear, why every time someone says something is bad, there is always the "but in The Circuit" guy

decrees strip all resemblance of balance this game might have left, don't use the circuit to justify bad weapons, frames, abilities and passives.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Ah yes, because review bombing is the ultimate trump card in the fight for game balancing. 

Also, the bramna wasn't nerfed.  The range for AoE mods and ammo capacity was brought down to earth.

You guys still can't let it go lol

1 hour ago, crazywolfpusher said:

I swear, why every time someone says something is bad, there is always the "but in The Circuit" guy

decrees strip all resemblance of balance this game might have left, don't use the circuit to justify bad weapons, frames, abilities and passives.

It's fine in SP. Circuit or non Circuit. It's not amazing but it's not as bad as people claim it is either. Nothing wrong with it being where it is along with using Hildryns augments. Outside say 9999 runs but at that point your only using Revenant. 

On 2023-10-30 at 1:52 PM, PollexMessier said:

Balefire chargers, Iron staff, and Hysteria are all pretty abysmal.
It's always bothered the hell out of me that Exalted meles in particular don't get access to all mods and don't get mod capacity from their stances. It's like DE wanted them to fail.

Not defending belfire charger, i find it clunky to use it as well but its supposed to do big aoe dmg after armor stripped by pillage. But yes, exalted weapons should ideally be able to use all the melee mods and get added mod capacity from stance.