The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for auction market in the game

--iNTRoVeRT--

53 minutes ago, Famecans said:

you cannot sell 30 items per day because your items are common in low demand

This is pretty much the only bit that made any sense to me.

So yeh. All my common stuff is now worthless. Uncommon stuff would drop by ~50% in value (just taking a wild guess). Rare stuff possibly drops 20-30% in value. Super rare stuff probably holds most of its value.

That's not a good thing. That's basically a market crash. 

So why do you want an auction/trading house? Or do you just want to see the market crash?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, --iNTRoVeRT-- said:

and? im just keeping it at the top of the list?

Which is not generally allowed.
DE and the forum moderators frown upon people who just post to "bump" a topic.

If it falls off because people are done talking about it then let it fall off, don't just insistently bump it trying to get some attention.

Bumping a post can lead to actions against your account if you keep doing it, just a fair warning.

7 hours ago, Famecans said:

people in need sell below the value of the volume, if there is a listing with 100 volume pieces the common player will list the value "below" these 100 volume pieces however this player listed 100 volume pieces of which he cannot sell because the game limits each player to a maximum 30 trades daily.

And the market house would remove that limitation by necessity of how it works!

Which means that this "fake supply" (which really isn't fake, the supply exists it just can't be instantly accessed like it would in a trade house) would suddenly become "real supply"....which would mean you would need to post below volume, making it harder for newer/F2P players to earn plat.

So if you're trying to say "Moving to an auction house would remove the price speculation caused by people listing an excess of items that they can't trade in a single day meaning the supply isn't really there." sure that would happen....by immediately crashing prices because now it can all be traded in a single day.
You would just be amplifying the problem you see, because now people can list even more supply into the market which would depress prices even further as volume shoots up quite massively.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 3

People being too lazy to use warframe marketplaces is the only reason prices on stuff hasn't completely cratered, so no, thanks, I'd like it to retain some inefficiency so that I don't have to farm 2-3x more stuff than I do already for the same plat.

Edited by ShogunGunshow

22 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

O5Gxtkz.png

cCkds.gif

so 2.8k views is a dead horse? interesting.
My goal was to spread the word. i got it to 2.8k people so far to at least click on it. even forced u to make those pic remarks. so overall I think that's a wincCkds.gif

17 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

If it falls off because people are done talking about it then let it fall off, don't just insistently bump it trying to get some attention.

yet I made u to talk bout it. so not that dead

9 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

People being too lazy to use warframe marketplaces is the only reason prices on stuff hasn't completely cratered, so no, thanks, I'd like it to retain some inefficiency so that I don't have to farm 2-3x more stuff than I do already for the same plat.

u wont need to farm 3x for the same profit? y do u think only cause there is gonna be more stuff the price for it gonna drop? people wanna profit. so they will post the old prices with or without making it easier

5 hours ago, --iNTRoVeRT-- said:

u wont need to farm 3x for the same profit? y do u think only cause there is gonna be more stuff the price for it gonna drop? people wanna profit. so they will post the old prices with or without making it easier

Sure, people want to profit, but in order to profit you have to sell your items.

They could list it at the same price as everyone else and wait days/months for their item to randomly be chosen as the one people buy.....or they'll list it cheaper so it shows up higher and is more likely to be picked meaning they get their plat faster.
This means people will undercut everyone else just to sell because of the vastly increased competition.
This means prices will drop like a bloody rock.

If you don't undercut someone the item will just sit there until it "times out" and you have to relist it....over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
The only solution is undercutting and by necessity dropping the prices of the items until they hit absolute rock bottom.

What this all means is that if you are a F2P player that gets slots, potatoes, cosmetics, and other stuff from traded platinum you now have to farm a lot more in order to get the same amount of platinum that you're making now.

And as to this portion in particular:

5 hours ago, --iNTRoVeRT-- said:

y do u think only cause there is gonna be more stuff the price for it gonna drop?

Because of bloody basic supply and demand!  Ever heard of it?

You still haven't addressed in any posts one of the biggest issues: Everyone is a "one-time" customer.
After all you rarely need more than one of any given prime part in the entire time you're playing warframe (and in those instances you only ever need 2).
This will further and further suppress demand for items as the market hits a saturation point of "No one needs these anymore....so they have to be sold at rock bottom prices as ducat fodder....."
Which even ducats have a limited use as you eventually catch up to Baro and don't really need that many ducats in the end.

There simply aren't enough sinks in this game for a healthy market, with everyone being a one-time customer and then after that being a directly competing seller.

The only thing that is keeping prices even somewhat propped up is the limited supply because people don't want to sit in trade chat, or deal with warframe market.  And you want to remove that barrier.....because reasons.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

This means people will undercut everyone else just to sell because of the vastly increased competition.
This means prices will drop like a bloody rock.

that is true. yet u r ignoring 1 really important point. for some reason all of the people who say it ignore 1 important point. 
1 - this happens even now with sometimes huge price fluctuations.
2 most important - people don't want to sell stuff for 2 cheap as they think
3 - u r placing people who play this game as morons who would be dumb enough to sell items like full sets for 1 plat (so u all either don't understand how people operate, or u think urself as a higher mastermind who knows better, or even if we accept the fact of them being this dumb for some reason none of u `masterminds` talk bout taking advantage of morons?)

17 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

What this all means is that if you are a F2P player that gets slots, potatoes, cosmetics, and other stuff from traded platinum you now have to farm a lot more in order to get the same amount of platinum that you're making now.

no they wont as again prices wont change drastically, yes they will shift (if the auction would be introduced) yet they shift every time new update comes and bring something new. its not a surprise. 
overall they will stabilise. yes maybe ur prime saryn would drop 10-15 plat but then prime continuity will rise 20-30. u r thinking of this in a 2 big of a drastic without seeing the overall picture of wat it will evolve to and all u people see of wat it will bring in the first month of 3.

20 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because of bloody basic supply and demand!  Ever heard of it?

even with the supply and demand, there is another 1 simple rule that u r all skipping for some reason.

the best in a real-world example
u have u and 10 other people sell different drinks (cola, fanta, Pepsi) and so on. u have a supply of 100 a day and u sell 70 a day. some days 120 and others none at all. u sell them for $5, all of other people sell it for a price close to $5 and nothing really changes. 
now 10 more people come with same drinks u sell
u think they gonna drop the price? will U immediately drop the price of a drink to $0.1, don't think so as none of u r morons. 
u will have a little fight that's true but overall after a month or so all the prices will stabilise and stay the same. maybe ur cola would drop to $3. then fanta would sell for $6.5 and in more quantities. 

AGAIN PEOPLE ARE NOT MORONS AND U R NOT A MASTERMIND

if others r morons so r u
if others r masterminds so r u (or at least I hope u r not a dumbass)
if u wanna profit doesn't mean they dont

Stop thinking of ur self as some higher being. u r not. u r just a dude who think he knows it all and doesn't want anything to change simply cause he got used to it. not cause this is a better system but simply cause u r lazy/dumb or any other reason for not seeing flaws and benefits if new and old systems

• Like 1

On 2023-12-07 at 5:28 AM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
On 2023-12-07 at 4:43 AM, Famecans said:

you cannot sell 30 items per day because your items are common in low demand

This is pretty much the only bit that made any sense to me.

So yeh. All my common stuff is now worthless. Uncommon stuff would drop by ~50% in value (just taking a wild guess). Rare stuff possibly drops 20-30% in value. Super rare stuff probably holds most of its value.

That's not a good thing. That's basically a market crash. 

So why do you want an auction/trading house? Or do you just want to see the market crash?

Well, you cited an excerpt from the incomplete text I wrote to ask another question but your answer is in the topic. have a good read.

On 2023-12-07 at 12:38 PM, Tsukinoki said:

You would just be amplifying the problem you see, because now people can list even more supply into the market which would depress prices even further as volume shoots up quite massively.

Yes, there will be a drop in value related to the supply available on the market but this would be stabilized by the appreciation of another item, this would be a temporary curve as the platinum sitting in account will adapt interest to the new market, players will automatically give value to requested items.

the market will not crash because the market is essential for account progress, however this current market is making this account progress difficult as it devalues the beginner's gameplay, there are new players selling volumes of 12 pieces to get just 2 warframe slots, this is a predatory market as these pieces were devalued by volume buyers together with value speculators.

Edited by Famecans

19 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

It's sad to read this from a founding player, you should support the game and be an active player, but you admit your own laziness and support other players to follow the same path, that will break the market.

The developers are trying to create Warframe Story Pack because the common player cannot reach the newly released content but how will the player reach the newly released content without platinum??? selling items at 1 plat to market speculators??? this is a joke.

I'm not against warframe market, I use warframe market and use the lazy strategy of buying 6 pieces to profit from the futures market, but I'm not a denialist, I know what's happening with the market, this is destroying the game's gameplay values .

Warframe market and Alecaframe should remain but need to be more connected to game data so commerce should be simplified and automated within the game and Warframe MArket and Alecaframe should improve this as apps.

Reagal Aya and Heirloom Collection is the result of the devaluation of platinum, the new arcane resolution feature clearly describes how flawed and distant the market is from the common player.

4 hours ago, Famecans said:

Well, you cited an excerpt from the incomplete text I wrote to ask another question but your answer is in the topic. have a good read.

That's because you're deliberately using obtuse language to sound smart, but in reality you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. So well done, once again, not addressing the issues.

4 hours ago, Famecans said:

there are new players selling volumes of 12 pieces to get just 2 warframe slots,

And with an auction house, they'll now have to sell 120 pieces to buy 1 warframe slot.

You continue to ignore the the significant drop in value for common items... the thing new players trade to make their plat. If new players have nothing of value to trade, they'll simply stop playing. They're not going to go magically buy plat. And if the new players dry up, warframe as a whole is going to struggle.

So if you have any evidence whatsoever which might support your theory, feel free to share. Otherwise, you simply continue to sound like conspiracy nut.

Edited by (PSN)iuvenilis
  • Like 4

i never understood this lol. trade chat is far and away the most fun part of the game and rewards those who learn it and ESPECIALLY those who get immersed in it with endless resources. as someone who loves trading in games and has for a long time, you guys don't know how good you have it. warframe has the best trading of almost any game. it's 'free market' nature makes it easy to profit and doesn't distill it down to a boring science like MOST other games. if trade chat got removed i'd probably never play again

Edited by (XBOX)Pugs Xbox

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Pugs Xbox said:

trade chat is far and away the most fun part of the game and rewards those who learn it and ESPECIALLY those who get immersed in it with endless resources.

it being fun for 10 out of 100 people doesn't make it a viable and good option out of the 2 when the rest 90 people find it annoying, boring and overly time-consuming.

you guys don't know how good you have it.

with same logic I can say u don't know how good it can become with the changes

it's 'free market' nature makes it easy to profit and doesn't distill it down to a boring science like MOST other games.

yet any other game with auction has exact same `free market` scene with simpler execution in terms of doing the trade,

if trade chat got removed i'd probably never play again

with the same result I can say, if it won't change I will leave the game
they don't care if I or u play it.

2 people is nothing compared to the most.

On 2023-12-07 at 8:38 AM, Tsukinoki said:

Which is not generally allowed.
DE and the forum moderators frown upon people who just post to "bump" a topic.

Bumping a post can lead to actions against your account if you keep doing it, just a fair warning.

And the market house would remove that limitation by necessity of how it works!

Which means that this "fake supply" (which really isn't fake, the supply exists it just can't be instantly accessed like it would in a trade house) would suddenly become "real supply"....which would mean you would need to post below volume, making it harder for newer/F2P players to earn plat.

So if you're trying to say "Moving to an auction house would remove the price speculation caused by people listing an excess of items that they can't trade in a single day meaning the supply isn't really there." sure that would happen....by immediately crashing prices because now it can all be traded in a single day.

Once again, prices stabilizing is not a crash. A mod shouldn't sell for between 0.5-3x it's value.

i never understood this lol. trade chat is far and away the most fun part of the game and rewards those who learn it and ESPECIALLY those who get immersed in it with endless resources. as someone who loves trading in games and has for a long time, you guys don't know how good you have it. warframe has the best trading of almost any game. it's 'free market' nature makes it easy to profit and doesn't distill it down to a boring science like MOST other games. if trade chat got removed i'd probably never play again

I think most of us who want an auction house would want it along with a still functioning trade chat. It would just be another more accessible avenue to sell stuff.

25 minutes ago, --iNTRoVeRT-- said:

it being fun for 10 out of 100 people doesn't make it a viable and good option out of the 2 when the rest 90 people find it annoying, boring and overly time-consuming.

with same logic I can say u don't know how good it can become with the changes

yet any other game with auction has exact same `free market` scene with simpler execution in terms of doing the trade,

with the same result I can say, if it won't change I will leave the game
they don't care if I or u play it.

2 people is nothing compared to the most.

lol i'm sure most people DO find it time consuming. this game having a trading system is what allows it to make everything F2P. it just so happens there is a large community that finds their enjoyment in making tons of platinum and at a certain level of knowledge it becomes basically automatic. there are videos on getting better at trading if you find it annoying or overly time consuming to help you ease into it, because i can promise you this..

if you know what you're doing, trade chat is anything but boring. you'll be immersed into 10 different conversations at once, you'll be making deals on the side as you're making a trade, you'll be watching for good deals to buy then flip all at the same time. if anything it's closer to stressful! a rush that nothing in warframe brings because it has no endgame content and is braindead easy (except for this)

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Pugs Xbox said:

lol i'm sure most people DO find it time consuming. this game having a trading system is what allows it to make everything F2P. it just so happens there is a large community that finds their enjoyment in making tons of platinum and at a certain level of knowledge it becomes basically automatic. there are videos on getting better at trading if you find it annoying or overly time consuming to help you ease into it, because i can promise you this..

implementation of the auction wont change the overall prospect of this game being f2p
and again. 10/100 people finding this fun does not change the weather of this system being bad, u can have as many videos explaining how to use a bad system, non the less it doesn't change the fact of this system being worse in some aspects, and being more complicated without a need of it being so complicated.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Pugs Xbox said:

if you know what you're doing, trade chat is anything but boring. you'll be immersed into 10 different conversations at once, you'll be making deals on the side as you're making a trade, you'll be watching for good deals to buy then flip all at the same time. if anything it's closer to stressful! a rush that nothing in warframe brings because it has no endgame content and is braindead easy (except for this)

i can enjoy eating dog 💩 and have a dopamine rush from that, but still all the rest of the people do not enjoy it. 

u r trying to justify the current system by ur own feelings rather than seeing wat it is and wat may be brought. 

ur whole points have so far been only bout how u feel and this being nice to u rather than seeing wat the COMUNITY thinks on the matter and wat both systems bring to the table.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, --iNTRoVeRT-- said:

implementation of the auction wont change the overall prospect of this game being f2p
and again. 10/100 people finding this fun does not change the weather of this system being bad, u can have as many videos explaining how to use a bad system, non the less it doesn't change the fact of this system being worse in some aspects, and being more complicated without a need of it being so complicated.

i can enjoy eating dog 💩 and have a dopamine rush from that, but still all the rest of the people do not enjoy it. 

u r trying to justify the current system by ur own feelings rather than seeing wat it is and wat may be brought. 

ur whole points have so far been only bout how u feel and this being nice to u rather than seeing wat the COMUNITY thinks on the matter and wat both systems bring to the table.

sorry but player to player trading with little restrictions is not a bad system, sorry that you're bad at trading

also as the founder mentioned above there are far from enough sinks to justify a system like this

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Pugs Xbox said:

sorry but player to player trading with little restrictions is not a bad system, sorry that you're bad at trading

being bad at trading and wanting a better system are different and non-correlated things. u r just trying to insult me at this point for no reason or cause u have no better argument.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Pugs Xbox said:

also as the founder mentioned above there are far from enough sinks to justify a system like this

the `sinks` that were mentioned throughout the entirety of this forum make little sense with them contradicting one another. so ur last attempt kinda also failed.

yet again, if u enjoy consuming dog💩 I cant stop u on that. if that's wat u enjoy so be it. just don't try defending it with the only point being `u just don't know wat dog 💩 to eat and how to cook it. here are some vids telling good recipes` 

On 2023-12-08 at 7:21 PM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
On 2023-12-08 at 3:07 PM, Famecans said:

That's because you're deliberately using obtuse language to sound smart, but in reality you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. So well done, once again, not addressing the issues.

Ok, I'll go slowly to make the teaching easier.

Once upon a time there was a very enthusiastic player who went to Orbvallis to mine blue gems, this player entered the Exploiter Orb cave where there were many ores and went through the loading main gate to the boss arena, there were many red ores which by the way generate blue gems and then he started mining, after a few minutes of mining a random player called him in the trade chat wanting to buy a Gorgon Wraith set listed on warframemarket.com, so the miner quickly abandoned mining because he didn't want to be penalized by the site, the miner I couldn't lose the collected resources so I had to go back the entire route, passing through all the gates and loading until reaching the orbiter and finally going to the dojo and inviting the player to trade. unfortunately the player withdrew from the purchase because another player was selling the Gorgon Wraith set 1 cent cheaper, at this point my sale was hypothetically speculative for the buyer and seller so the price was reduced by the market.

I love playing and I hate loading screens and limited communications, do you know how many minutes were lost in this trade?

Spoiler

9pBTW8B.jpg

7 minutes exactly, I lost 7 minutes of my life because of an extremely limited trading system monopolized by a website that can penalize me due to my delay related to countless loading screens. This same trading system obscures the player's notion of market values and volumes as it is not properly connected to the game's inventory.

Luckily I have more valuable pieces to sell, I'm not a newbie desperate for 12 platinum.

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 1

On 2023-12-08 at 7:21 PM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
On 2023-12-08 at 3:22 PM, Famecans said:

there are new players selling volumes of 12 pieces to get just 2 warframe slots,

And with an auction house, they'll now have to sell 120 pieces to buy 1 warframe slot.

You continue to ignore the the significant drop in value for common items... the thing new players trade to make their plat. If new players have nothing of value to trade, they'll simply stop playing. They're not going to go magically buy plat. And if the new players dry up, warframe as a whole is going to struggle.

So if you have any evidence whatsoever which might support your theory, feel free to share. Otherwise, you simply continue to sound like conspiracy nut.

I love your emphasis on "THEY'LL", my question is:
Why "THEY" don't deserve the market?
Why "THEY" is bad for you?

I know and you know too, we know, "THEY" currently sell cheaply because the market is speculating low prices oh my god, I'm on mission can you wait 10 minutes? and then another desperate seller appears selling 1 cent cheaper, again, again, again, day by day.

I'm not afraid of market stabilization, it's a joke to see your friends insinuating that I'm protecting my parts stock, but it's you who is afraid of market values stabilizing, with all your words you protect and embrace this monopoly in every way.

the drop and stabilization of values will be temporary, all players need platinum to progress, platinum has become an essential course for account progress, the values will stabilize naturally but without a house of auctions the trader is fake, false, a liar, speculative, monopolized, biased.

Edited by Famecans

I have to say some things here.  I am ALL FOR this idea.  I hate sitting in trade chat wasting time i could be playing the game.  My connectivity isn't great either, so alot may give up If i cant connect to them (happened quite a few times).  I'm honestly beyond frustrated with a few things in game, and trading is one of the TOP frustrations in game.  Alot of the time, I think people avoid me in trade chat.  I'm not sure how the game you referenced works, but I kinda like the Runescape's trade system too, although I can't really explain any differences.    I am all for this.  

Although, I highly doubt anything will happen... one can only hope.

Oh yeah, as an xbox one original owner, the load times are beyond rediculous, and a lot of people may not have the patience to wait for me... often i find myself typing something along the lines of, "sorry, I'm a slow loader"... It gets very very annoying and something has to be done.  (As soon as Cross save hits me, I'm going PC.  Unfortunately, I'm not a founder, so most likely I won't be in the first batch.  I hope these 'phases' are released shortly after another, not a month at a time... hopefully this fixes a few issues).

Maroo's is probably the saving grace of trades, for those who are currently in that instance... 

Anywho, those are my few cents. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Famecans said:

unfortunately the player withdrew from the purchase because another player was selling the Gorgon Wraith set 1 cent cheaper

And instead of 2 sellers, we now have 20, or maybe 200 sellers, and the same number of buyers. What is about supply and demand that alludes you? Supply goes up, prices come down.

6 hours ago, Famecans said:

Luckily I have more valuable pieces to sell, I'm not a newbie desperate for 12 platinum.

Right... which is the biggest issue. An auction makes this worse, not better. Remember, supply up, prices down.

It would take longer to earn enough plat to buy slots, reactors, forma etc. Overall it actually worsens the new player experience. The sheer volume of stuff sitting in peoples inventories is staggering; and it only keeps growing. An auction house opens all this supply to the market.

Edited by (PSN)iuvenilis

I woul love to see a auction house style market system.  Kiosks on every relay and they could have a plat-purchase segment you can get on market fir orbiter shopping.  It'd make mineral/gen/rep fish purchasing so much easier.  I'm LR3 but still mine a lot of resources to build kit/zaw weapons to play with stats and builds.

BUT, I would nit want this to have some extreme Plat tax per purchase.

6 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
13 hours ago, Famecans said:

unfortunately the player withdrew from the purchase because another player was selling the Gorgon Wraith set 1 cent cheaper

And instead of 2 sellers, we now have 20, or maybe 200 sellers, and the same number of buyers. What is about supply and demand that alludes you? Supply goes up, prices come down.

13 hours ago, Famecans said:

Right... which is the biggest issue. An auction makes this worse, not better. Remember, supply up, prices down.

It would take longer to earn enough plat to buy slots, reactors, forma etc. Overall it actually worsens the new player experience. The sheer volume of stuff sitting in peoples inventories is staggering; and it only keeps growing. An auction house opens all this supply to the market.

Exactly, I want to see liquidity more alive than ever, I want to see hundreds of thousands of sellers in the market, prices rising and falling rapidly like cardiac fluids, so what has no value will die, what is valued will live until the next cycle intermittent.

Any supply and demand without market liquidity is on the edge of a precipice, especially when these offers and demands are speculative. Without market liquidity, the graph dies, the game ends, the flow stops, players give up playing.

Note that there are always players in need of platinum, there are always players in need of parts for incomplete items, but the market is clouded by the limitations of trade chat.

Warframemarket and Alecaframe need to be more connected to game data and trading actions with or without an internal interface auction house.
otherwise the PC market will inevitably monopolize values over the mass of console and mobile players.

5 hours ago, Famecans said:

Exactly, I want to see liquidity more alive than ever, I want to see hundreds of thousands of sellers in the market, prices rising and falling rapidly like cardiac fluids, so what has no value will die, what is valued will live until the next cycle intermittent.

Any supply and demand without market liquidity is on the edge of a precipice, especially when these offers and demands are speculative. Without market liquidity, the graph dies, the game ends, the flow stops, players give up playing.

Note that there are always players in need of platinum, there are always players in need of parts for incomplete items, but the market is clouded by the limitations of trade chat.

Warframemarket and Alecaframe need to be more connected to game data and trading actions with or without an internal interface auction house.
otherwise the PC market will inevitably monopolize values over the mass of console and mobile players.

Warframe is NOT a stock market. There are currently NO liquidity issues, plat changes hands quick freely at the moment. Items don't typically change hands often, so it's not like Warframe is some sort of busy stock market. There's also no derivatives markets or anything like that. There's not a lot of speculative trading going on.

Some people might hold onto prime sets until they get vaulted and sell once the price rises, but its not speculative trading, there's not that many buying up sets to sell later. If you're looking to make plat selling prime sets, the best thing to do is farm and sell brand new primes in their launch week. There's also a few who collect veiled riven mods prior to a new, potentially popular prime weapon release in the hopes of unveiling them to get said new weapon, but that's about it.

If there were hundreds of thousands of sellers, but still the same 100 buyers, that could create a liquidity issue. Now it's 1000 times harder to sell. 

I still don't understand why you want to see prices fall? They're already very low in many cases. Why do you want to make it harder for new players to make plat? What value is there to gain by doing that? On the surface it might sound easy for a new player to just list their prime junk, but if no one is buying it, then a new player can't make any plat.

The PC market will heavily influence the prices once cross-platform trading becomes available, after some initial adjustment period. PC has at least 50% of the overall playerbase afaik, so it would make sense to see prices settle close to what PC is today. That's just math. Us console tenno will just have to deal with it. Absolutely nothing will change that.

It would be nice if alecaframe could be incorporated. As a console tenno, I have nothing comparable. It probably wouldn't make any difference to me, but I do worry a little when I see newer players take  bronze reward over a silver/gold. But perhaps they're choosing that bronze for a reason, e.g. to complete a set, so maybe they would still choose that reward either way.

5 hours ago, Famecans said:

It almost sounds like you don't actually want an auction house? Which was the entire point of this conversation.... if all you were pushing for was "something else", but perhaps you didn't actually mean an auction house, then you've definitely gone about it the wrong way.

Edited by (PSN)iuvenilis