Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star rework(remove certain enemies)

(XBOX)IronJames235

It would be nice if the thumper could be removed from the plague star bounty missions, it consistently will spawn during the day cycle on plains and interupt the hemocyte encounter and causes chaos whenever it does. Players end up splitting targets between the thumper and the boss which makes the mission take longer than it should especially on steel path where the thumpers health is buffed. If I wanted to fight a thumper I would que for a regular bounty the same goes for edilons which on occasion will also cross paths with the boss. 

• Like 4

This. Just like you said: the Thumper often divides the team, making the bounty a lot longer than necessary and worst of all, if it pops up during the final stage it'll often knock you down very constantly to the point in which it's infuriating, or block your way when you're shooting at the Hemocyte.

• Like 2

I dont see why they should remove a mob based on a uhm stupid team. It's isnt exactly rocket surgery to ignore the thumper at any point of the bounty and if you're in a group it is even more simple. If it spawns near the boil at the last stage just ignore it, if it spawns during any of the other stages take a short detour or lead it to the nearest infested drop pods. Then it wont bother you for the rest of the mission.

And most often when it does appear during the final stage it is because someone has pulled it there by attacking it while moving between stages. Out of around 50 runs I've seen the thumper maybe 5 times and two of those around the boil since I was carelss. And both those times I just ignored it and killed the hemo at roughly the same speed as otherwise. The other 3 times they were left jumping around far far away fighting some random infested on a hill.

If players are concentrating on the thumper, they are the same players that don’t even bother shooting the hemocyte and think they are contributing by shooting adds. Those are just bad players and need to ignore the thumper and adds when there’s a boss that needs taking down. That said, they are better than the guy who went fishing the other day though 😜

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)IronJames235:

It would be nice if the thumper could be removed from the plague star bounty missions, it consistently will spawn during the day cycle on plains and interupt the hemocyte encounter and causes chaos whenever it does. Players end up splitting targets between the thumper and the boss which makes the mission take longer than it should especially on steel path where the thumpers health is buffed. If I wanted to fight a thumper I would que for a regular bounty the same goes for edilons which on occasion will also cross paths with the boss. 

is it about increased difficulty?
because the event has no rewards for vets. and even I hardly ever play for two years. although there are some items for lr3 that don't interest me at all.
With new and GOOD event rewards, the teams would be full of legendary players and any thumpers on SP would run away with full diapers.

I can definitely see why it'd be annoying, especially on Steel Path, but generally speaking, if a team is able to handle Hemocytes, they can probably handle Thumpers as well with no problems. plus it actually helps if something is there to draw agro so that you can shoot Hemocyte's faces without it attacking you directly (those homing missiles are no joke on SP). 

21 hours ago, MutoManiac said:

If players are concentrating on the thumper, they are the same players that don’t even bother shooting the hemocyte and think they are contributing by shooting adds. Those are just bad players and need to ignore the thumper and adds when there’s a boss that needs taking down. That said, they are better than the guy who went fishing the other day though 😜

Ehhh i'd rather focus the Thumper personally. On SP that Hemocyte isn't going anywhere and you can shred the heads in seconds, that thumper will throw out knockdowns while jumping around and takes a looooot longer to take down. I always get the thumper first :)

As a solo player I really hope they remove Thumpers for the next Plague Star event. They are extremely annoying in what is otherwise an enjoyable event.

In a group Thumpers are an annoyance, but playing solo they are an absolute pain. The damn things can turn faster than a player in an archwing, and will always shield the remaining good leg from a player.

By myself I can do the advanced Plague Star event fairly easily, but add in a Thumper and I can add at least 50% to a run time.

It doesn't help that the buggers will follow you across the entire map. Perhaps a compromise would be if they had their own patrol area that they wouldn't go beyond?

• Like 1