The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Palladio giving almost not but Zaw/Kitgun Rivens

(PSN)FirmBizkit

Question

Is Palladino weighted to give Zaw/Kitgun Rivens more over others? I’ve got only gotten maybe 2 non Zaw/Kitgun Rivens in the last month.

I’ve tried googling this and found no answer and I’ve asked in discord a bunch of times only to be met with silence. I don’t know if this is just extremely bad luck or if it’s weighted to be like this on purpose?

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 1

16 answers to this question

Anecdotally my general estimation would be you are just experiencing bad luck. Ever since Palladino started offering two Rivens instead of one (which was relatively pretty recent, I think early 2022), I have gotten a decent assortment. If I had to guess, it might be the same ratio as Sorties (meaning Shotgun may be rarer etc). There were a few times, where I got Zaw/Kitgun Rivs twice in a row, but in a way that makes statistical sense. 

Though, it also helps that I have plenty of veiled Rivens, so I don't really mind, and since I know that as people, we can be prone to focusing more on the negative stats than positive, I may also be over correcting too, which can be a thing. 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I don't know if it's weighted, but I'm definitely in the same boat as you -- to the extent that periodically I go into trade chat and message *FREE* Veiled Kitgun and Zaw Rivens *FREE* full trade MUST TAKE ALL *FREE*

Yeah I’ve literally posted “3x veiled Kitgun/3x veiled Zaw Riven will take almost anything” with zero replies. Not willing to give them up for free quite yet but I’m close 😂

I think it's the same as sorties, based on no record-keeping whatsoever, but just my impression that I get far more melee/rifle/sidearm rivens than zaw/kitguns, and shotgun rivens are quite rare.

Sortie percentages:

Melee    29.18%
Pistol    27.28%
Rifle    24.34%
Kitgun    7.17%
Zaw    7.17%
Shotgun    4.87%

It does seem to me like I get more zaw/kitgun rivens from Paladino than I used.  Or maybe they just irk me more, since I'm barely using modular weapons at all.  And mostly looking for rivens for weapons that are new or new to me, and no new kitguns have come out for a long time.  And no new Zaws since the 1990s, I think.

Those systems could really use some new items, new arcanes, and a bit of general refreshing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I don't know if it's weighted, but I'm definitely in the same boat as you -- to the extent that periodically I go into trade chat and message *FREE* Veiled Kitgun and Zaw Rivens *FREE* full trade MUST TAKE ALL *FREE*

My pc is "a bit" old so I prefer not do any contact with others. I check trade and people want 1 plat for them. Like.. not even 10?! Something that is potentially game breaking (DE words, more or less, afair) that costs 1 plat. I won't bother going to my clan for 7 plat... So my rivens are just there, lying, thinking how useless they are. Simply marvelous DE.

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Though, it also helps that I have plenty of veiled Rivens, so I don't really mind, and since I know that as people, we can be prone to focusing more on the negative stats than positive, I may also be over correcting too, which can be a thing. 

Not sure about kitguns but Zaws have 1/2-2/3 less weapon types (10 vs 27).

6 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:
6 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Yeah I’ve literally posted “3x veiled Kitgun/3x veiled Zaw Riven will take almost anything” with zero replies. Not willing to give them up for free quite yet but I’m close 😂

It's same for Steel path arcanes. This mode is "harder" but arcanes are cheap as few plat. It's just ridiculous.

ps. I know that oversaturating of arcanes plays role in their price.

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Anecdotally my general estimation would be you are just experiencing bad luck. Ever since Palladino started offering two Rivens instead of one (which was relatively pretty recent, I think early 2022), I have gotten a decent assortment. If I had to guess, it might be the same ratio as Sorties (meaning Shotgun may be rarer etc). There were a few times, where I got Zaw/Kitgun Rivs twice in a row, but in a way that makes statistical sense. 

To make any statystical sense you would have to run it hundreds if not thousands times. With Paladino you get only 104 rivens per year. That's like seeing a painting from 30 meters - you get general idea.

But yeah, it's "bad luck". Statistics tells you that you get e.g. 7% of drops the more run you runs. It doesn't tell you when you get that 7%. One player can get 7% in their first 100 runs while doing 1000. Another player will get 7% starting from 1930th run. That's extreme examples but something "near" them is still very possible.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

It's same for Steel path arcanes. This mode is "harder" but arcanes are cheap as few plat. It's just ridiculous.

Where are your numbers for kitguns/zaws coming from? Cause they are clearly off.

I made a quip about this in my alliance chat the other night, if DE ever adds more arcanes to the Acolytes, then prices should rise just a bit.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:
7 hours ago, quxier said:

Where are your numbers for kitguns/zaws coming from? Cause they are clearly off.

I've counted types of zaws & all melee types from the wiki:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Zaw

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arca_Titron (go down and select "melee").

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I'd count zaws as 22, and kitguns as 12.  For Zaws, two for each Strike.  For Kitguns, two for each Chamber.  In reality I imagine a lot of the basic Zaws out of the 22 are rarely touched.

DE probably factored in combinations to some degree for coming up with things like sortie percentages.   According to the wiki, there are currently 1760 zaw combos 1200 kitgun combos.  I'd love to know what details about how many are used frequently.  Like with Zaws, I could imagine something like 5% of the combos making up 75% of the usage.

Edited by Tiltskillet

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'd count zaws as 22, and kitguns as 12.  For Zaws, two for each Strike.  For Kitguns, two for each Chamber.  In reality I imagine a lot of the basic Zaws out of the 22 are rarely touched.

DE probably factored in combinations to some degree for coming up with things like sortie percentages.   According to the wiki, there are currently 1760 zaw combos 1200 kitgun combos.  I'd love to know what details about how many are used frequently.  Like with Zaws, I could imagine something like 5% of the combos making up 75% of the usage.

Yeah, see I counted the same thing. Just the chambers/heads and grips. That's why the numbers 10 and 27 are confusing.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:
38 minutes ago, quxier said:

So you're just counting melee types in general, not only from zaws?

I've counted both, divided smaller by bigger and get the results (more or less, not trying to be precise here!).

So here are zaw types available:

dagger
staff
machete
polearm
rapier
scythe
heavy blade
sword
hammer
nikana

Which is 10.

And here is melee types in general:

Dual Swords
Fist
Glaive
Gunblade
Hammer
Heavy Blade
Heavy Scythe
Machete
Nikana
Nunchaku
Polearm
Rapier
Scythe
Sparring
Staff
Sword and Shield
Sword
Tonfa
Two-Handed Nikana
Warfan
Whip

that's 27

You could count 2x for each chamger like @Tiltskillet has done. However you would have to compare to it to melee families (e.g. gunsen and gunsen prime counts as one), unique (e.g. telos boltace) etc.. I would assume there is 75~100 of such melees' groups. so you still have like 1/3-1/4 ration.

You could count every combinations however that would be silly, imho. Zaws has 1,7k combinations but most of them just differ in slightl way. That's not always the case for normal weapons.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

I've counted both, divided smaller by bigger and get the results (more or less, not trying to be precise here!).

So here are zaw types available:

Which is 10.

And here is melee types in general:

that's 27

You could count 2x for each chamger like @Tiltskillet has done. However you would have to compare to it to melee families (e.g. gunsen and gunsen prime counts as one), unique (e.g. telos boltace) etc.. I would assume there is 75~100 of such melees' groups. so you still have like 1/3-1/4 ration.

You could count every combinations however that would be silly, imho. Zaws has 1,7k combinations but most of them just differ in slightl way. That's not always the case for normal weapons.

Thought you were comparing kitguns vs zaws, not zaws vs melee. Wording in the sentence did that.

Sortie seem pretty rigged already anyway I've done idk how many and each time I only ever got endo and maybe a sculpture twice. They just need to take endo out of all these random tables cuz just doing railjack and scrapping the parts that drop can get you tons

Edited by Star700