Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino charge need to be a sprint instead of a dash, or just about anything else.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I was trying to Build Rhino in a way where he's extremely bloated with strength and uses all of this abilities...so I had to use Ironclad charge, because Iron charge on it's own is pointless.

until I figured, Ironclad charge is kind of outdated...sure I get a lot of armor, but it needs another augment, either reinforced stomp to heal the overguard I got, or shrapnel to recast Iron skin in case I got more armor from Ironclad.

so I need three augments just to sustain Ironclad charge, that's completely stupid.
I had to do the right thing and just play raw with Rhino, with 0 augments...

but now what do I use Rhino charge for? definitely not damage, it's CC is terrible and stomped by stomp, and it's mobility option is VERY clunky, having to cast multiple times with a steep casting animation and invest in more than 160% range. 
It needs to have some Rhino sprinting, or at least any sort of mechanic-less feature that I can use it for...something Raw like the rest of Rhino's abilities.

Otherwise, I'll have to use helminth :/ and I really only use it as a last resort if the ability is extremely bad... 

With respect, the mistake you're making is considering these other two augments mandatory, when they simply add optional convenience.  You don't need Reinforced Stomp nor do you need the Shrapnel augment.  Ironclad Charge works great on its own to get a big fat stack of Iron Skin, and then when it's about to run out you can do another charge, and use your shield gate as protection while your charge finishes and/or you reapply Iron Skin.

If you like the convenience added by these other two augments, feel free to use them, of course; but they are in no way mandatory.

• Like 6

yeah, considering that Rhino is described as being the heaviest warframe (heavier than Hildryn though? really?), it would be nice to actually use Rhino Charge.

I'd imagine it as being a lot like Gauss' Mach Rush, but with even worse cornering (straight lines only really) and dealing a lot of impact damage to enemies as well as sending them flying. I'd also tie it into a new passive for Rhino;

new passive: Unstoppable Momentum - whenever Rhino starts moving, his speed gradually increases,

if he runs or sprints into an enemy, he deals damage, the faster he moves, the more damage he deals.

if Rhino performs a charge while Sprinting, he will go further and hit even harder: if he flies into enemies with parkour moves, he will also deal damage and knock enemies back. 

Rhino Charge and his passive does even more damage if Iron Skin is active.

with Iron Skin active,  landing from height also creates a melee slam-style shockwave that can lift enemies. falling from greater heights increases the damage. he should also be doing the "superhero landing," landing on one knee for added style.

it's a lot for a passive, but I don't think it's OP since it's impact damage and relatively situational, plus it encourages you to charge headlong into danger, which is kind of the whole point when you're called Rhino lol. it probably wouldn't be a viable source of primary damage, but would be neat for knocking around starchart enemies and making you feel like an unstoppable juggernaut!

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

With respect, the mistake you're making is considering these other two augments mandatory, when they simply add optional convenience.  You don't need Reinforced Stomp nor do you need the Shrapnel augment.  Ironclad Charge works great on its own to get a big fat stack of Iron Skin, and then when it's about to run out you can do another charge, and use your shield gate as protection while your charge finishes and/or you reapply Iron Skin.

If you like the convenience added by these other two augments, feel free to use them, of course; but they are in no way mandatory.

yeah I think I realized late that all of them aren't needed, even Ironclad...the damage you take alone at higher levels is enough to grant you over 1 mil iron skin...at mid levels just use any source of an armor buff like arcane tanker or just use it normally it'll still be fine.

but now I gotta figure out what to replace Charge with.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

new passive: Unstoppable Momentum - whenever Rhino starts moving, his speed gradually increases,

you know what I like about Rhino? everything is just pure raw power, no weird mechanics and no set ups, and this passive is just like that I like it!.

but I think it needs to just to ramp up speed as he moves + a kinetic field that knocks down enemies in his wake...and that's it.

what are your ideas for helminth? I don't want more armor, and I am tired of using nourish...I need something new...

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

what are your ideas for helminth? I don't want more armor, and I am tired of using nourish...I need something new...

Vial Rush could be a similar substitute for charge. And a lil Cold damage can't hurt, especially with all the buffs it's gotten 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

If you like certain Incarnon weapons, several of them have abilities that only function if you have a channeled ability active.  Because of that, I think Gloom can be a nice choice for many frames, because not only is it a good ability in its own right, but it allows frames that don't already have a channeled ability (Rhino among them) to partake in these Incarnon benefits.  Though of course, Rhino doesn't generally see any benefit from the lifesteal, and the slow will often be redundant due to his 4.  But nonetheless, it's something to consider if no other benefits seem more helpful.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

well, personally I've been messing around with Wrathful Advance on a few different frames, and honestly, despite it being nerfed to 100% crit chance, I find it hard to argue with the two in one benefit of being able to increase melee DPS, as well as be able to teleport anywhere great: if Void Dash runs out just transfer back and use WA, long distances are no problem now. it's really more just for fun than anything else, IMO Wrathful Advance is my current favourite helminth ability, and a great pick if you enjoy melee.

another option that might synergize better though is something that groups enemies like Larva or Coil Horizon, to maximize Ironclad Charge's benefits (I know you said you don't want more armor, but it can also be used as an alternative to stomp if your energy is low).

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

Lol, just use it for the intended purpose of temporarily boosting armor either for direct damage reduction or boosting armor for an even larger Iron Skin. If that doesn't sound worth a mod slot to you then use it for mobility. If even that isn't of interest to you then boom you have your free Helminth slot. Zero mental gymnastics required.

There's no reason to make up a situation in which all augments are somehow mandatory for one to function when the function of said one is very plain and visible.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Hopper_Orouk:

I was trying to Build Rhino in a way where he's extremely bloated with strength and uses all of this abilities...so I had to use Ironclad charge, because Iron charge on it's own is pointless.

until I figured, Ironclad charge is kind of outdated...sure I get a lot of armor, but it needs another augment, either reinforced stomp to heal the overguard I got, or shrapnel to recast Iron skin in case I got more armor from Ironclad.

so I need three augments just to sustain Ironclad charge, that's completely stupid.

but now what do I use Rhino charge for? definitely not damage, it's CC is terrible and stomped by stomp, and it's mobility option is VERY clunky, having to cast multiple times with a steep casting animation and invest in more than 160% range. 
It needs to have some Rhino sprinting, or at least any sort of mechanic-less feature that I can use it for...something Raw like the rest of Rhino's abilities.

Otherwise, I'll have to use helminth :/ and I really only use it as a last resort if the ability is extremely bad... 

but for cc you can spam magus lockdown? that's 24/7 everywhere.

and rhino has not been flexible for a long time. nulli should not allowed to remove his armor. and then they also have this strange content with bubbles where you have to use operator........ I've never seen rhino there.
but something like khora can facetank a lot and can run in everywhere.

Of course someone can claim that, but he has  other skills! But what are they supposed to be good for? They have extreme disadvantages when you compare Rhino to other warframes. and modding leaves no room for maneuver at all....
We have to pimp skills individually like we did for Railjack in my opinion. then a lot of things would be possible.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

yeah, considering that Rhino is described as being the heaviest warframe (heavier than Hildryn though? really?), it would be nice to actually use Rhino Charge.

He's probably way denser than Hildryn, and remember that Hildryn can fly, so she definitely isn't TOO heavy.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT

u don't need 3 augments, just 1: ironclad charge

base rhino charge can definitely be improved though, because on its own it's just a painfully mediocre ability.

got some ideas similar to yours, where instead of a dash, it's an ability that increases his movement speed and surrounds him in a damage-dealing kinetic field. siphons armor and shields from whoever he rams into and deals damage based on enemy level (damage applied after resist shred). as a drawback, he cannot use any weapons while the ability is active.

iron skin should definitely be able to be recast at base. also, it should receive the Yareli/Nezha treatment, where his iron skin doesn't dissipate completely when hit by nullifier bubble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

u don't need 3 augments, just 1: ironclad charge

base rhino charge can definitely be improved though, because on its own it's just a painfully mediocre ability.

got some ideas similar to yours, where instead of a dash, it's an ability that increases his movement speed and surrounds him in a damage-dealing kinetic field. siphons armor and shields from whoever he rams into and deals damage based on enemy level (damage applied after resist shred). as a drawback, he cannot use any weapons while the ability is active.

iron skin should definitely be able to be recast at base. also, it should receive the Yareli/Nezha treatment, where his iron skin doesn't dissipate completely when hit by nullifier bubble.

It's too mechanic-heavy with too much features...the good thing about Rhino is that he has no mechanics. 

2 absorbs damage and armor for a layer of defense
3 buffs damage 
4 aoe slow.

so his passive and his 1 have to be exactly like that.

To be fair I would never get mad if DE straight up copied March rush on Rhino charge...since it's exactly how I imagined Rhino charge to be reworked....buut since that's not gonna happen.

Passive: gain 10% more sprint speed for each 50 armor Rhino has.
completely raw, no mechanics, no set ups.

then 

Rhino charge: have it's range, speed and casting speed multiplied by Rhino's current sprint speed.

if you can't use it for damage, and if you can't make it like mach rush, then you can at lease make it a decent mobility power.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Do you want Rhino to charge as the American NFL league style?

• Like 1

Would be cool if it was a sprint buff that damages anything you run into and potentially knock them down. Wouldnt even need to increase his speed by much, just make it brutal. Like a slower version of Nezha's 1, but maybe with seismic shockwaves pulsing with each step and building armor for each enemy you run into/over directly.

"Here comes the Juggernaught!" - Juggernaught

• Like 1