Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen and Cross Platform Save

[DE]Taylor

On 2023-11-24 at 2:41 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

This is answered in our questions section. That sounds like an ideal solution, but it is not something we are able to do unfortunately. 

As someone who had been waiting to buy any new Tennogen on Xbox or PC until hearing more cross-save details, this stings because if I had just bought it, then I'd be all good. I understand the need for compromise on a system not initially designed for cross save, but I sure hope this gets figured out in the future! It would be awesome to directly support the artists via PC and represent them across platforms. Thanks for the updates!

4 hours ago, (PSN)kristi000 said:

I get that the tennogen purchases after the 24th wont transfer which im fine with but i hope i can still link my ps4 account with the pc account created after that date and get the tennogen stuff i bought before 24th to it. 😔🙏

If PC account was made after the deadline, you won't be able to merge. You'd be better off waiting until it goes live and "link" the PS4 account so that you can log onto it anywhere. Otherwise, any PC progress will be unmerge-able.

• Like 1

I just wonder, if what was bothering was that since they were workshop purchases, the artists earn more than if they were purchased with platinum on the console? Why didn't they make the console purchases stay on the console and the PC purchases be global? And when someone on console wants to use the skin on PC, they have to pay and the platinum spent will be refunded?
Also, you admit it by yourselves, there are people who can afford to spend platinum but not real money and they were excited to be able to use it no matter what. It seems like a bad decision to me and I hope you review it (sorry if the English is bad, I'm using a translator. I wanted to complain about somehow)

• Like 6

12小时前 , (PSN)FoGsesipod 说:

《天命2》也是一款交叉保存遊戲,所以我先為你做一個比較:僅僅
因為你在PlayStation上購買了《Forsaken》——給了索尼降價——並不意味著Steam必須尊重你的購買。
是的,在《命運2》中,使用交叉保存時,您不會保留在其他平台上購買的dlc,您必須在每個平台上購買dlc。這裡的情況其實是一樣的。
不,僅僅因為其中一個被稱為“DLC”而另一個被稱為“Tennogen”並不會讓它們有所不同,您仍然需要為這些物品付費,並且平台會從您所支付的價格中抽取一部分。

另外,不,僅僅因為你是 Warframe 的客戶並不意味著你應該獲得任何法律文件或官方文章來解釋為什麼 DE 不允許你搞砸 steam/sony/microsoft/nintendo/tennogen 藝術家。如果您想被起訴並面臨法律訴訟,請去其他地方。

I don't see how you can compare games and dlc from different platforms to in-game merchandise from one game, these are real merchandise that will take up your capacity. On the contrary, season passes for Destiny are just as portable between platforms, they are in-game merchandise. same goes for Tennogen.

I can see how restricting Tennogen purchased on console platforms after Cross-Save from being interoperable with pc is a way to avoid pc players from buying Tennogen with platinum on console platforms because the value of platinum on PC platforms is much lower. But there should not be a restriction that Tennogen purchased for PC cannot be used on console platforms. Tennogen purchased on PC platforms is already paid 30% to the artist, and the console platforms are already paid for by the DE, so even if PC players need to re-purchase Tennogen on console platforms according to the current plan, the artist won't be able to get any more revenue on console platforms. The artist will not get any more income from the console platform. So why can't Tennogen purchased on PC be used on console?

On the contrary, I don't agree that there should be a platform lock on Tennogen purchased by gamers before Cross-Save after 24th Nov. This is clearly depriving console gamers of their rights, even though DE says it's to protect the artist's income by preventing console gamers from hoarding the platinum to buy Tennogen before Cross-Save, but there's no discount on platinum for console platforms. However, there are no discounts on console platinum, and the cost of buying Tennogen is no less than that of PC platinum. And DE has already paid for Tennogen for the console platform, and should not restrict console players who plan to play on PC just to protect the artist's future income from console players once more.

There should be a certain degree of protection for artists, but it is not a good development if the protection measures affect the consumers' right and desire to buy.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kev3002 said:

Why didn't they make the console purchases stay on the console and the PC purchases be global? And when someone on console wants to use the skin on PC, they have to pay and the platinum spent will be refunded?

Platinum purchases could have been made with plat discounts, as I have been told, so calculating all of that individually would be a nightmare. That being said, even assuming that every tennogen for console players was purchased at max discount would be a better move for the game (than the current system), the consumers and the artists, and in my opinion would be the bare minimum that I'd consider supporting with my own money.

So based off the FAQ it seems like us Switch players/accounts are getting completely screwed? When platinum is used as the main currency in trading, how is a Tenno supposed to trade with another platform for Prime Sets, Arcanes, Liches/Sisters, etc. when the sale price in the market is Platinum?

For example, if I wanted to buy the Glaive Prime Set, as a Switch player I'd have to find someone willing to trade it for another Prime Set or something else I cannot buy it for Platinum from another platform in trade. Why is Switch getting the shaft?

Are there plans of making a secondary market for Switch players of a this for that kind of thing since we're not allowed to trade for platinum in either direction?

How will Mastery work? I am MR13 on this account but on my xbox I am 12, with almost completely different inventories of warframes and weapons. Will I automatically by lifted to MR 16 or 17 (or whatever it may be) or will I gain those mastery points and have to go day-by-day and do all the tests?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, (PSN)oHyAwilson said:

I don't see how you can compare games and dlc from different platforms to in-game merchandise from one game, these are real merchandise that will take up your capacity. On the contrary, season passes for Destiny are just as portable between platforms, they are in-game merchandise. same goes for Tennogen.

I can see how restricting Tennogen purchased on console platforms after Cross-Save from being interoperable with pc is a way to avoid pc players from buying Tennogen with platinum on console platforms because the value of platinum on PC platforms is much lower. But there should not be a restriction that Tennogen purchased for PC cannot be used on console platforms. Tennogen purchased on PC platforms is already paid 30% to the artist, and the console platforms are already paid for by the DE, so even if PC players need to re-purchase Tennogen on console platforms according to the current plan, the artist won't be able to get any more revenue on console platforms. The artist will not get any more income from the console platform. So why can't Tennogen purchased on PC be used on console?

On the contrary, I don't agree that there should be a platform lock on Tennogen purchased by gamers before Cross-Save after 24th Nov. This is clearly depriving console gamers of their rights, even though DE says it's to protect the artist's income by preventing console gamers from hoarding the platinum to buy Tennogen before Cross-Save, but there's no discount on platinum for console platforms. However, there are no discounts on console platinum, and the cost of buying Tennogen is no less than that of PC platinum. And DE has already paid for Tennogen for the console platform, and should not restrict console players who plan to play on PC just to protect the artist's future income from console players once more.

There should be a certain degree of protection for artists, but it is not a good development if the protection measures affect the consumers' right and desire to buy.

It unfortunately isn't this simple, purchasing tennogen on console gives you the right to the product you purchased with platinum on consoles (see how they mention any platinum purchased tennogen is universal across all consoles) however buying tennogen with real money like on pc is a different license to the product you are buying. This is all just legal issues, you cannot without either DE/sony/microsoft/nintendo/steam/tennogen artists getting screwed, have tennogen items purchased with money be allowed for use on platforms where tennogen is purchased with platinum

• Like 1

hace 17 horas, MouthfulOJoules dijo:

Platinum purchases could have been made with plat discounts, as I have been told, so calculating all of that individually would be a nightmare. That being said, even assuming that every tennogen for console players was purchased at max discount would be a better move for the game (than the current system), the consumers and the artists, and in my opinion would be the bare minimum that I'd consider supporting with my own money.

As I said, the expense in platinums would be reimbursed when moving to PC if you pay for the tennogen on Steam after having bought it on console. If you want to stabilize the payment later, you could make a counter where those who buy the item on Steam and have received the refund platinum make it so that the next purchase of tennogen with platinums is not paid to the artist since he received extra pay previously until the counter drops to 0 and he is paid again, this could still generate losses for DE at the beginning(because paid more to the artist) but in the long run it is fair for the consumer and the artist in my opinion

Question I still haven't had a 100% definitive answer for. My PC account (mr 13 iirc) has some PC exclusive content, Discord pack content to be precise. If I merge it into my Ps5 (LR2) then cross save to PC and play there everything will be chill right? Because from what I understand is that content will exist on my account but be invisible only when I'm on Ps5, which is basically what I'm hoping for but wording on all the cross save posts is just vague enough that I'm not certain. 

• Like 2

On 2023-11-24 at 8:52 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Why don’t Steam PC purchases also give you the console version of the item?
We explored this option, but it, unfortunately, is not an avenue that is available to us.

Would any less-than-100% discount (for the console versions of items already purchased on PC) be similarly out of reach?

From reading much of this I think people have some confusion between cross save and merging. Merging applies that you would combine accounts into 1.  With the cutoff date that  one time get everything before that date all on that one account to transfer over. So whichever is the primary, you retain all the good stuff, but if you got console exclusive stuff from switch, xbox or playstaton and you're moving to pc, the merge will destroy those items from that account and they aren't coming back.  To cross save I don't think that is a requirement Cross save is simply playing on a different platform and for whatever reason, whatever the primary platform the account originated from would make sense on future tennogen would be locked into that platform if you logged into it along with the exclusive skins from other platforms. You would be able to access them again playing on the respective platforms. You'd still access old tennogen before the cut off day as items before then for tennogen sound like they will be fine. Just future purchases made are locked to the designated platforms going forward so if you mainly log in on pc, but then play on xbox with that account but don't merge them, you can probably keep all the xbox items as long as you play on xbox and can access them. Logging back in on pc probably hides them. Overall it seems a lot of work on the back if it's needed for every account to be able to be played from anywhere with how many different platforms there are. More than likely it might seem like double dipping on future purchases but it does make the tennogen makers money by not having it universal. All fronts still make money that way if you can bounce between platforms and buy stuff and it's locked. The switch plat is the interesting part since that can't go anywhere but switch but it's understandable.

This is why I wouldn't merge and keep my accounts where they are. If I plan on streaming I like playing between pc and the other platforms how they are but it's nice others can go where they want. What worries me is the trading part. I wouldn't want to cross trade if it's possible that in order to do so might destroy other accounts. I hope there's a Q and A later on that one too.

8 hours ago, (PSN)ColinRoxs said:

Question I still haven't had a 100% definitive answer for. My PC account (mr 13 iirc) has some PC exclusive content, Discord pack content to be precise. If I merge it into my Ps5 (LR2) then cross save to PC and play there everything will be chill right? Because from what I understand is that content will exist on my account but be invisible only when I'm on Ps5, which is basically what I'm hoping for but wording on all the cross save posts is just vague enough that I'm not certain. 

Whatever the primary account is for the merge is what items for exclusives are kept from it. If PC is your main account, those items will more than likely be there as long as you play on pc. On ps5 they won't show up. If you make the ps5 account the primary, it will destroy the PC exclusive items. I suggest you check your accounts to see what has exclusive content before merging. Unless they state otherwise, that exclusive platform stuff will remain locked to the platform you play on that you receive or pay for after the cut off point. Other stuff will be hidden based on each platform. We can probably get other platform stuff, but again, it only will work for linked accounts that you play on and go from each one. I wouldn't be surprised there will be a timing to it that you can only link to 1 of each platform every 90 days or something to keep people from moving it around constantly. So whichever profiles you link to you can't just hop to many different ones for that account at any time. So you could log that account on any platform as long as they are console wise linked to a certain profile.

I have a question regarding PC tennogen

Would buying the tennogen still be exclusive to Steam? Epic Games not able to get the Tennogen from Steam?

A follow up question would be… If you buy tennogen on Steam, will it be available on Epic Games? As it is PC

On 2023-11-26 at 9:54 AM, (NSW)Veritas17 said:

So based off the FAQ it seems like us Switch players/accounts are getting completely screwed? When platinum is used as the main currency in trading, how is a Tenno supposed to trade with another platform for Prime Sets, Arcanes, Liches/Sisters, etc. when the sale price in the market is Platinum?

For example, if I wanted to buy the Glaive Prime Set, as a Switch player I'd have to find someone willing to trade it for another Prime Set or something else I cannot buy it for Platinum from another platform in trade. Why is Switch getting the shaft?

Are there plans of making a secondary market for Switch players of a this for that kind of thing since we're not allowed to trade for platinum in either direction?

I think switch primary accounts will be fine to trade with normally. You just can't trade for plat from other platforms as their primary. The switch market itself won't change too much except items will be much easier to get if you just trade items between one another.  You can still trade parts with anyone, but when it comes to platinum it's stuck solely on switch. Which means it might have been nintendo saying no to cross trading the currency. The other platforms can freely exchange plat but for the meantime switch primary account people will have the plat only stay between switch people.

Edited by dabphoegryph
further explaining

A little off topic, bit still related.

I agree that it appears Switch players are getting screwed in the long run.  So here's my questions for clarification: 

1)  Primary account on Switch (LR3), but will be playing on PS going forward.  If NSW Plat is locked to NSW will there be an option to buy Plat for PS or shared wallet, i.e. 2 separate plat wallets?  Or will we be completely locked out from any type of Plat trading with other platforms?  Or if I spend all my NSW Plat will I be able to buy and use the new "shared" Plat?  In my head I'm picturing it similar to gifted vs bought plat.

2)  If I create a PS account to use to merge, all my  Pre-Nov 24 gear/tennogen/etc will get transferred, but I will have to start progression from scratch?  How does that work for story/level locked items?  I'm specifically referring to Umbra/Umbral mods, and builds using Umbral mods (if I have to redo Sacrifice)

Switch gameplay is already miserable, and only getting worse as game graphics get better and more "intense".  It takes up to a minute to zone into POE, up to 2-3 mins for Vallis, and everything is washed out and downsvaled graphics.  The new, but BEAUTIFUL, graphics in Whispers are going to kill load, and probably look like trash from the downscaling.  As if is I probably won't be playing Whispers until cross save gets around to us lowly Switch players

TLDR:  I just want to play my LR3 NSW account on PS5 permanently, keep all my gear and progression, and be able to plat trade 

• Like 1

I feel like I stated something like this was going to be the case multiple times.  But it seems many still believed they were going to get the chance to buy lots of tennogen on console with their thousands in traded plat. (which honestly sounds like it will still be the case. You just can only use it on console once cross-save drops.)

I honestly appreciate the compromise as I did buy some tennogen on both accounts well before this. Going forward I probably will be careful with my purchases.

Can there be a Dev tread about concerns of cross-save and player inventories at large? Things like mastery, syndicates, duplicate frames, and Foundry items. 

56 minutes ago, (NSW)Paladin0 said:

I agree that it appears Switch players are getting screwed in the long run.  So here's my questions for clarification: 

1)  Primary account on Switch (LR3), but will be playing on PS going forward.  If NSW Plat is locked to NSW will there be an option to buy Plat for PS or shared wallet, i.e. 2 separate plat wallets?  Or will we be completely locked out from any type of Plat trading with other platforms?  Or if I spend all my NSW Plat will I be able to buy and use the new "shared" Plat?  In my head I'm picturing it similar to gifted vs bought plat.

2)  If I create a PS account to use to merge, all my  Pre-Nov 24 gear/tennogen/etc will get transferred, but I will have to start progression from scratch?  How does that work for story/level locked items?  I'm specifically referring to Umbra/Umbral mods, and builds using Umbral mods (if I have to redo Sacrifice)

Switch gameplay is already miserable, and only getting worse as game graphics get better and more "intense".  It takes up to a minute to zone into POE, up to 2-3 mins for Vallis, and everything is washed out and downsvaled graphics.  The new, but BEAUTIFUL, graphics in Whispers are going to kill load, and probably look like trash from the downscaling.  As if is I probably won't be playing Whispers until cross save gets around to us lowly Switch players

TLDR:  I just want to play my LR3 NSW account on PS5 permanently, keep all my gear and progression, and be able to plat trade 

1. Think of it this way

200p on PC and 150p on Switch

Buying a 200p item on PC will lead to 0p on PC and 150p on Switch stays

Any platinum obtained on switch can ONLY be used on switch, it’s a separate wallet from PC, Xbox, PlayStation etc. 

2. I’m not sure what you mean by this, but think of it as when you merge your accounts, the highest MR will be one you “keep” while everything else is combined. Progression from then on out will be from that sole account. 

58 minutes ago, (NSW)Paladin0 said:

Ohhh the TLDR clarified it

In short, yes you will be able to play on  your LR3 NSW account on your PS5 permanently, with no strings attached, but you won’t keep the platinum that’s on it. You can also plat trade, though I’m not sure if it’s switch plat trade only while on switch. 

Thanks Malikili, that helps comfort my soul a little.  Now, hopefully, NSW won't have to wait long after Whispers drops.  The new graphics look beautiful and I don't want to sully that 1st-time experience with NSW diwnscaling.   I know a lot of players anxious to get off of NSW

I wonder how this split wallet on cross save will affect market.   It sounds like NSW only players will be it's own sub-market while PC/PS/XB will become a new merged market.  I wonder if that will create artificial inflation or some scalping shenanigans?  Say Fusion Cores are 100p in the new merged market, but 150-200p in the NSW market, what's to stop someone from buying them all up on PS, logging over and reselling in NSW market?  I've met tons or honest players, even ones correcting too high offered plat (I've tested), but there's just as many, if not more, that would trip a hobbled Ostron for a single plat.  Lol

Edited by (NSW)Paladin0
  • Like 1

On 2023-11-26 at 3:09 PM, Chriisanthemum said:

How will Mastery work? I am MR13 on this account but on my xbox I am 12, with almost completely different inventories of warframes and weapons. Will I automatically by lifted to MR 16 or 17 (or whatever it may be) or will I gain those mastery points and have to go day-by-day and do all the tests?

for merging, its likely it use your state main account as base then look at the account weapons/frames (that was merged) then credit the MR points for the weapons//frames the main account havent got yet. You will not gain any extra MR but you will likely get the MR points (so you will still need to do the tests, they willnt allow any skipping MR tests you havent done)

On 2023-11-27 at 5:24 PM, (NSW)Paladin0 said:

for 2: you cannt create a new ps5 account after the cutoff date 24th nov to merge. you need to use a pre cut off account. 

Its likely any bought items will transfer including plat, but any plat with the "free" tag is likely not transferable (example of "free" plat if the starting plat for making a new account)

8 hours ago, (NSW)Paladin0 said:

Thanks Malikili, that helps comfort my soul a little.  Now, hopefully, NSW won't have to wait long after Whispers drops.  The new graphics look beautiful and I don't want to sully that 1st-time experience with NSW diwnscaling.   I know a lot of players anxious to get off of NSW

I wonder how this split wallet on cross save will affect market.   It sounds like NSW only players will be it's own sub-market while PC/PS/XB will become a new merged market.  I wonder if that will create artificial inflation or some scalping shenanigans?  Say Fusion Cores are 100p in the new merged market, but 150-200p in the NSW market, what's to stop someone from buying them all up on PS, logging over and reselling in NSW market?  I've met tons or honest players, even ones correcting too high offered plat (I've tested), but there's just as many, if not more, that would trip a hobbled Ostron for a single plat.  Lol

Also a fellow switch player waiting for the day I can stop using switch and hop on the beautiful graphics of PC

My guess is not much people are going to be on switch after this. I’m also guessing players from other platforms can still trade platinum to switch players, along with other items. Basically if fusion core drops on Xbox (example) because of PC, then the chances are it’ll also drop on switch simply because they have a shared market.

Of course we’ll just have to wait and see, I’m wondering if they’ll even allow switch cross platinum trades. 

On 2023-11-28 at 12:45 PM, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

for 2: you cannt create a new ps5 account after the cutoff date 24th nov to merge. you need to use a pre cut off account. 

Its likely any bought items will transfer including plat, but any plat with the "free" tag is likely not transferable (example of "free" plat if the starting plat for making a new account)

No, I don't mean a WF account on PS, I meant an actual PS profile to link my account to

On 2023-11-28 at 12:52 PM, Malikili said:

Also a fellow switch player waiting for the day I can stop using switch and hop on the beautiful graphics of PC

My guess is not much people are going to be on switch after this. I’m also guessing players from other platforms can still trade platinum to switch players, along with other items. Basically if fusion core drops on Xbox (example) because of PC, then the chances are it’ll also drop on switch simply because they have a shared market.

Of course we’ll just have to wait and see, I’m wondering if they’ll even allow switch cross platinum trades. 

I'm happy with PS5 graphics, but anything is a major upgrade over NSW.  

I can see maybe cross trade items, but not plat, maybe with the dual wallet concept.  I get why NSW Plat is platform locked.  I occasionally see PS plat discounts but never once on NSW.  Nintendo wants to keep their cheddar instead of cooperation with other companies.  There will always be NSW players, but those poor souls will have a desolate market after a while

• Like 1

On 2023-11-27 at 11:27 AM, dabphoegryph said:

I think switch primary accounts will be fine to trade with normally. You just can't trade for plat from other platforms as their primary. The switch market itself won't change too much except items will be much easier to get if you just trade items between one another.  You can still trade parts with anyone, but when it comes to platinum it's stuck solely on switch. Which means it might have been nintendo saying no to cross trading the currency. The other platforms can freely exchange plat but for the meantime switch primary account people will have the plat only stay between switch people.

That's my point the switch market will stay intact but I can't use any of the other markets listed. Items/sets I'm looking have a significant higher probability of obtaining from another platform but I cannot buy those with plat as plat cannot go from switch to any other platform. Therefore my question about other markets being for example this set for this set/items.

This is a bit confusing.

Does this mean if I want my fashion frame to look the same on two platforms going forward I have to buy all the pieces twice or however many times? 
Not only that, all my platinum is now worthless too as a switch player, because I can't even use cosmetics (well, tennogen, and I LOVE tennogen!) I buy in the future on any other platform. Thanks! 😑

Edited by (NSW)Hinus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Hinus said:

This is a bit confusing.

Does this mean if I want my fashion frame to look the same on two platforms going forward I have to buy all the pieces twice or however many times? 
Not only that, all my platinum is now worthless too as a switch player, because I can't even use cosmetics (well, tennogen, and I LOVE tennogen!) I buy in the future on any other platform. Thanks! 😑

If you want Tennogen to work on both PC and consoles, you have to buy it twice. once on any console for platinum (and it'll work on all consoles), once for PC for real money.

Your Switch platinum isn't worthless. You can still buy stuff other than Tennogen on Switch and it'll carry over to other platforms.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, --N-- said:

If you want Tennogen to work on both PC and consoles, you have to buy it twice. once on any console for platinum (and it'll work on all consoles), once for PC for real money.

Your Switch platinum isn't worthless. You can still buy stuff other than Tennogen on Switch and it'll carry over to other platforms.

True, deluxe skins, bundles, forma etc. are all available on switch. 
It’s nice having two wallets because I can use one as my “piggy bank” while the other will be my immediate platinum funds.