The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Archon Shards Are a TERRIBLE Idea

(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

On 2023-11-24 at 9:52 PM, Hobie-wan said:

No frame ever needed shards.

You know there are (probably) people that beat game (even SP & related) with mk1 weapons, modless, with Sunpoint laser (deals slash so who knows) or other "weak" stuff. Does it mean we don't need 99.9% of gear? I guess so. Would it make better and more fun using just 0.01% of "gear"? NOPE.

On 2023-11-24 at 9:52 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Only players that are trying to go for level cap stuff need them. Are they fun to mess with? Sure, but also very few if any players are trying to get a full compliment of shards on all 54 frames.

On 2023-11-25 at 1:07 AM, VibingCat said:

Warframe players when they realise they can't finish the game in a week:

Why go with extremes and "put all 5 shards to all frames (currently around 50)"?

Let's just say player use 25% frames and want to put shards into them. That's ~13 frames and 65 shards. Currently you can get 2 shards per week so that's ~32 weeks or ~8 months or 2/3 year.

As for combined shards, now you up to 2x more shards so that's 130 shards, 65 weeks or 1 year 3 months and 1 week. If they add new 2 ways to get shards then it would be back to 2/3 year.

During such time (2/3 year) I can finish whole games not add stuff like +1000 hp to single entity.

Oh, and I just get lazy and assumed that I want every color. That won't be the case getting shards I want will take more time.

On 2023-11-24 at 10:38 PM, Qriist said:
On 2023-11-24 at 10:29 PM, KIREEK said:

Well it depends, maybe you don't really need them, we need to see the benefits 1st, if the benefits are "meh" then you're right i don't need them, if they are decent then i need them, not because i need them to beat anything in the game, i just enjoy the power fantasy and making the game look silly.

One of the placeholder perks is a corrosive stack limit break. That's incredibly decent.

That's too good to be true. Corrosive is at 80% (max stack), every stack gives 6%. So 2 shards would increase it to 100+% chance. As we can see with previous shards they like to make it very small buff.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Your impatience and continuous playing of the game don't justify getting more power at the same pace as you used to.
It always has been an upwards curve, not a flatline.

The problem with "upward curve" or to be specific "exponential curve" (I guess that's what you meant) is that it speed up. So let's say at start every enemy get you some loot. Then after some time only 10th give you a loot. Then 1000th enemy give you a loot. After some time you need big numbers like 1 million to get single loot. How many enemies you kill during normal session (e.g. 20minutes to 1 hour)? 500? 1-2 thousands?

Archons are at the point where it's predatory tactic to get us play.

IMHO it should be difficulty curve in this site (1st image): https://www.gamedeveloper.com/design/difficulty-curves-start-at-their-peak

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

The only issue with the Archon shards is that some very vocal people want every new thing to be as easily and quickly farmeable as the rest of the game, regardless of how impactful it is to the already existing systems, and when it is not, that's a problem. But, you kind of are winning, as complaining sort of worked.
DE is going to give us another source of getting normal shards, not specified if weekly, but coming from a syndicate it'll probably have some sort of limit, and one of the new ones without having to fuse them, do you want more?

That's good that it sort of worked (too little imho, but oh well). If people wouldn't complain we would get monthly then 3-4 monthly content with small impact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Somnium_Bellator said:

I should print this and make it a banner next to my PC so I can read it every day. Just with the only addition I've not missed a single Kahl weekly rotation, I think, so far. I've managed to have all Primed frames with 3-5 shards, some Tau here and there. Even in new frames like Dagath...

Acknowledgement is the first step to healing. 😁

Edited by Hobie-wan
  • Like 2

hace 2 horas, quxier dijo:

The problem with "upward curve" or to be specific "exponential curve" (I guess that's what you meant) is that it speed up. So let's say at start every enemy get you some loot. Then after some time only 10th give you a loot. Then 1000th enemy give you a loot. After some time you need big numbers like 1 million to get single loot. How many enemies you kill during normal session (e.g. 20minutes to 1 hour)? 500? 1-2 thousands?

IMHO it should be difficulty curve in this site (1st image): https://www.gamedeveloper.com/design/difficulty-curves-start-at-their-peak

You got the concept right Quxi, an exponential curve when it comes to how many different upgrades we can have and how are they obtained, but I'm still bound to disagree.

The thing is, archon shards unlike mods & arcanes are their own separate thing, so the way they are obtained being different is totally fine.
3/per week starting after the same day of the Game Awards, [I'm guessing given what they did with Railjack] (+1 weird shard), is a very, very healthy amount of shards per week. I understand the concern of "But what will be the time gate behind the next big upgrade?", but I don't think we will get yet another type of separate upgrade like shards in the next decade of Warframe, mostly because we are very stacked already and more would be... just too much honestly.
Arcanes and mods? Highly possible, as always, some brand new upgrade again?
Nope.

Each is obtained their own way.
Mods are RNG based (except augments) and need to be upgraded with endo and credits which we get passively from missions, arcanes are RNG based and need to be completed by obtaining multiple of them, and shards are guaranteed but weekly limited.

If it's a predatory tactic to get us to play, what's the problem? Where they to be obtained from another source you'd still have to play regardless.
If they weren't on archon hunts someplace else they'd have to be.

That's good that it sort of worked (too little imho, but oh well). If people wouldn't complain we would get monthly then 3-4 monthly content with small impact.

Hm, no don't think so, this is not a case-consequence to that extent, this is a looter shooter, DE is aware of that and the only monthly or close to that type of content we get are small events like Fomore Balor or Razorbacks, they wouldn't dare try to make monthly or trimestral content that isn't seasonal events like Naberus, Tennobaum and others, or the backlash would be more than massive.

And Naberus has been reduced to a mere stop-by shop so... not much better either compared to what we used to have.

Incarnon weapons rotation is way worse and we still have had no changes whatsoever done to that despite the complaints and feedback.
I still want my incarnon "thing" to trade for an specific weapon adapter, as much as I disagree with the existence of many of these.

Edited by (PSN)Pablogamer585
typo :P

On 2023-11-24 at 8:33 PM, Hobie-wan said:

And I say this as someone who has kept all the normal frames on top of the primes, leveled every item, and collected every mod, that even I stopped pursuing every possible shard a while back. I have them in the frames I regularly play and  a few are tauforged, some are not.

Same for me, I mentioned it in public chat and everyone asks why my non-prime frames are most used, why I don't change to primes...
Answer: I'm tired of making forma's, check and change mods each update.

8 hours ago, quxier said:

That's too good to be true. Corrosive is at 80% (max stack), every stack gives 6%. So 2 shards would increase it to 100+% chance. As we can see with previous shards they like to make it very small buff.

It's actually an overpowered buff. Weapons like Phantasma will be able to melt high level grineer like it already does in the hands of Hydroid but better, and primers will replace armour strip abilities for free. This will push the meta away from slash, in favour of heat, toxin and electricity until an inevitable nerf.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

The thing is, archon shards unlike mods & arcanes are their own separate thing, so the way they are obtained being different is totally fine.

What separates them from mods or arcanes? They are just like mods. Some of them are even worse than mods/arcanes. Separate way of acqisition is just DE's way. Nothing else.

3/per week starting after the same day of the Game Awards, [I'm guessing given what they did with Railjack] (+1 weird shard), is a very, very healthy amount of shards per week. I understand the concern of "But what will be the time gate behind the next big upgrade?", but I don't think we will get yet another type of separate upgrade like shards in the next decade of Warframe, mostly because we are very stacked already and more would be... just too much honestly.

It's not even "next big upgrade". It's about tiny-droping content. 3 per week is not healthy. It creates unhealthy habits: I have to do X or I miss out.  You could say the same about syndicates. However they are in much better state - you can get much more during week.

Each is obtained their own way.
Mods are RNG based (except augments) and need to be upgraded with endo and credits which we get passively from missions, arcanes are RNG based and need to be completed by obtaining multiple of them, and shards are guaranteed but weekly limited.

There are problems with arcanes and mods as well. However they are tradeable so... "it's fine".

If it's a predatory tactic to get us to play, what's the problem?

Maybe you don't care about your well being and health but some of do. It would be fine  to disagree on quantity (of shards). However saying that it's "ok" to user predatory tactics is disgusting.

Where they to be obtained from another source you'd still have to play regardless.
If they weren't on archon hunts someplace else they'd have to be.

Yes, but I won't be forced to play it the way they want. I want Rhino? I go to, afair, Jackal assassination and kill it few times. I can do it 100 times per day or 1 time per day during 100 days. No problem.

9 hours ago, quxier said:

Hm, no don't think so, this is not a case-consequence to that extent, this is a looter shooter, DE is aware of that and the only monthly or close to that type of content we get are small events like Fomore Balor or Razorbacks, they wouldn't dare try to make monthly or trimestral content that isn't seasonal events like Naberus, Tennobaum and others, or the backlash would be more than massive.

Heh, you really think so? Why they have tried Heirloom package? Or those Aya things that were worse than previous things (except that you could buy any gear)? Or Tenet melees? They are already trying to water down some content. Look at Dagath. Similar abilities and some people are ok with that.

Archon shards are like this. For example 50% strength during 9 weeks while you could get Intensify + some other stuff in 1 day... FOR ALL FRAMES!

Incarnon weapons rotation is way worse and we still have had no changes whatsoever done to that despite the complaints and feedback.
I still want my incarnon "thing" to trade for an specific weapon adapter, as much as I disagree with the existence of many of these.

They gave us... few not great adapters and called it day. :D

• Like 4

hace 9 horas, quxier dijo:

What separates them from mods or arcanes? They are just like mods.

The fact that they don't take a mod / arcane slot and thereby buff every build of the frame simultaneously, to the point where you can actually skip equipping certain mods or arcanes in benefit of a few shards. They are the closest thing to an augment slot there is, but with the benefit of allowing us to slot more than solely an augment, and so far I see a lot of pushback against getting a "free mod slot" with the topic of augment slots, but not against something that basically provides it, as shards are.

It's not even "next big upgrade". It's about tiny-droping content. 3 per week is not healthy. It creates unhealthy habits: I have to do X or I miss out.

The moment you can get more power without sacrificing anything you've ever needed to think for or about, "what mods / arcanes I use for my frame", "if I use this one I can't fit that other", those so called tough decisions, that, is a big upgrade. 3 per week is enough, 2 of them can be obtained in less than an hour and the other we don't know yet.
The fomo of archon shards is only for, as Hobie said, worryingly obsessed people, which ties to;

Maybe you don't care about your well being and health but some of (us) do.
It would be fine to disagree on quantity (of shards). However saying that it's "ok" to use predatory tactics is disgusting.

I still don't comprehend your point.
I play Warframe around 4-5 days a week for 2'5h, I've said it plenty of times, though most of the time I hop on the game, do a few things and my friends are dragging me down the mines of Hoaxxes in DRG. What "well being" or "health" am I putting in so much danger by playing two weekly missions that grant me an unneeded upgrade and takes an hour or less to do? I have more things to do still, like getting arcanes, farming plat, testing builds (many of them), or, playing other games.

I don't mind about not getting a shard one week, as a matter of fact I may have skipped quite a few hunts now that I think about it.
Were the rotation to be as absurdly lengthy as Incarnon weapons, I'd agree to it, as I've stated earlier.

hace 10 horas, quxier dijo:

Heh, you really think so? Why they have tried Heirloom package? Or those Aya things that were worse than previous things (except that you could buy any gear)? Or Tenet melees? They are already trying to water down some content. Look at Dagath. Similar abilities and some people are ok with that.

Archon shards are like this. For example 50% strength during 9 weeks while you could get Intensify + some other stuff in 1 day... FOR ALL FRAMES!

The Heirloom package was a bunch of limited time commemorative overpriced cosmetics to induce fomo on many so that they bought it.
Seasonal cosmetics that will go away.

Regal Aya is mostly oriented towards buying cosmetics people missed out back then but also allows pay to skip.
A token to buy certain things that rotate every few months, it won't disappear.

Tenet melees are one of the easiest things to obtain even if they rotate weekly, as their resource you farm passively while doing an activity that grants large amounts of rewards that are intrinsic for the rest of the game. Not having to fight a Sister for them is something many are willing to take.
You can buy 4 of them per week and multiple copies even, you won't miss them because most of them are back on the next week again.

Dagath is... a better version of Sevagoth and other frames with a very strong kit that is obtained from a very easy farm that many players can access to, at any time, and without difficulty? She's a frame and is never going away.

None of these points relate at all, except The Heirloom package and Regal Aya which were heavily disliked and got lots of backlash for their prices.
DE added plat to them and that was it. What were you trying to say with these points I do not understand how it related to what I said.

So, yes, I still think they wouldn't dare make future seasonal content, not merely cosmetics, razorback-type events or Naberus style shops, that is to be played monthly or on a trimestral basis (as in, once every period).
Once a week? Yes, totally fine, higher? No way.
I mean, after all they did so with The Circuit.

And yes, archon shards are like this, because they are meant for very picky customization, not something more generalised / basic as mods.
That is why you don't get to equip shards on every frame like mods. That is why you don't get to farm shards as easily as mods.

That is way more important than many are giving them credit for, but staying on mindset that we deserve more archon shards for no particular reason other than having boringly burnt through the rest of the game due to being already OP, is way easier than trying to comprehend why a decision like this was taken in the first place.

hace 11 horas, quxier dijo:

They gave us... few not great adapters and called it day. :D

Indeed :P

3 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:
14 hours ago, quxier said:

It's not even "next big upgrade". It's about tiny-droping content. 3 per week is not healthy. It creates unhealthy habits: I have to do X or I miss out.

The moment you can get more power without sacrificing anything you've ever needed to think for or about, "what mods / arcanes I use for my frame", "if I use this one I can't fit that other", those so called tough decisions, that, is a big upgrade. 3 per week is enough, 2 of them can be obtained in less than an hour and the other we don't know yet.
The fomo of archon shards is only for, as Hobie said, worryingly obsessed people, which ties to;

The same can be said about Arcanes, school or other "sources". Using Arcane & others let you not worry about mods. Yet all of them can be "acquired" in reasonable time.

Maybe you don't care about your well being and health but some of (us) do.
It would be fine to disagree on quantity (of shards). However saying that it's "ok" to use predatory tactics is disgusting.

I still don't comprehend your point.
I play Warframe around 4-5 days a week for 2'5h, I've said it plenty of times, though most of the time I hop on the game, do a few things and my friends are dragging me down the mines of Hoaxxes in DRG. What "well being" or "health" am I putting in so much danger by playing two weekly missions that grant me an unneeded upgrade and takes an hour or less to do? I have more things to do still, like getting arcanes, farming plat, testing builds (many of them), or, playing other games.

So you take your time to get stuff that you not need and it takes hour or less? This is another red light for me.

If you enjoy your time during that time (be it social aspect or other subjective fun) then it's fine. However you may be ok with that stuff but some may not. Look at me, I want get few frames (let's say 5) 'shard upgraded' (5 shard per frame). That's like 9 monhts of playing (25 shards, 2 per week, 3 colors - 1 per week). I miss Red shard (or whatever color it is). Now I need to wait 2 weeks. I have few days free? Well, too bad, I cannot farm them. I cannot even buy them. If you want certain shards you are forced to play when DE want it.

And you say 1 hour per week is not too much? Consider doing it 2.5 hour per frame, 12.5 hour per 5 frame. What can I do during that time? Read a book, watch 1 season of something (~12 episodes 1 hour each) so on and so forth. Yet game incentivize me to "waste" time because it's just "1 hour per week".

That's predatory tactics.

I don't mind about not getting a shard one week, as a matter of fact I may have skipped quite a few hunts now that I think about it.

I've been doing kahl, I've done few Archons. I don't like both. I've been skipping both since long time. I don't like when someone doesn't respect my time (at that level). I'm too old for this thing. It would be different thing if I liked... but I don't like it.

The Heirloom package was a bunch of limited time commemorative overpriced cosmetics to induce fomo on many so that they bought it.
Seasonal cosmetics that will go away.

Regal Aya is mostly oriented towards buying cosmetics people missed out back then but also allows pay to skip.
A token to buy certain things that rotate every few months, it won't disappear.

I don't mean only time gate. For example Regal aya were more expensive than normal pack. There were many post about it. It's "watering down" content - in this case they gave us small, overprized thing. They changed it afterwards, afair.

Tenet melees are one of the easiest things to obtain even if they rotate weekly, as their resource you farm passively while doing an activity that grants large amounts of rewards that are intrinsic for the rest of the game. Not having to fight a Sister for them is something many are willing to take.
You can buy 4 of them per week and multiple copies even, you won't miss them because most of them are back on the next week again.

Yet I have 4 maybe 5 Tenets. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean other are lucky.

First you need 40 holos. That could take days if you are unlucky. I heard about people not even getting single drop of holos. It wasn't fixed (no, Sister-holo is no fix!)

Then you have to wait for proper element. 24 days maximum (4 days per rotation).

Dagath is... a better version of Sevagoth and other frames with a very strong kit that is obtained from a very easy farm that many players can access to, at any time, and without difficulty? She's a frame and is never going away.

Yes, her acquisition is nice. It's about her abilities that are simililar to each other (Dagath's 2&3, and 1&4). Hence, "watering down" content.

None of these points relate at all, except The Heirloom package and Regal Aya which were heavily disliked and got lots of backlash for their prices.
DE added plat to them and that was it. What were you trying to say with these points I do not understand how it related to what I said.

They try to make the least work that keep players active for long time. Those are more extreme examples.

So, yes, I still think they wouldn't dare make future seasonal content, not merely cosmetics, razorback-type events or Naberus style shops, that is to be played monthly or on a trimestral basis (as in, once every period).
Once a week? Yes, totally fine, higher? No way.
I mean, after all they did so with The Circuit.

And Circuit is what? You get, afair, 2 stuff per week but to get all stuff you want it may take weeks.

And yes, archon shards are like this, because they are meant for very picky customization, not something more generalised / basic as mods.
That is why you don't get to equip shards on every frame like mods. That is why you don't get to farm shards as easily as mods.

And yet they are almost the same as mods/arcanes. What different you have than mods/arcanes? HP/energy orb efficiency?? Their limitations are just excuses. They are just mods/arcanes but placed in different place.

That is way more important than many are giving them credit for, but staying on mindset that we deserve more archon shards for no particular reason other than having boringly burnt through the rest of the game due to being already OP, is way easier than trying to comprehend why a decision like this was taken in the first place.

Well, we "deserve" stuff for finishing stuff not just because someone says some arbitrary number. Like, what's the point of playing game? Story? Characters? Funy moments? Sure. But some games offers loot. We play those game to get loot. It's not that we deserve something. It's whole point of us playing it (plus some other stuff).

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, quxier dijo:

The same can be said about Arcanes, school or other "sources". Using Arcane & others let you not worry about mods. Yet all of them can be "acquired" in reasonable time.

Hence my point, with so, so many sources of powers and more, why should the next one be just as simple and quick to get as the others?

So you take your time to get stuff that you not need and it takes hour or less? This is another red light for me.

If you enjoy your time during that time (be it social aspect or other subjective fun) then it's fine. However you may be ok with that stuff but some may not.
Look at me, I want get few frames (let's say 5) 'shard upgraded' (5 shard per frame). That's like 9 monhts of playing (25 shards, 2 per week, 3 colors - 1 per week). I miss Red shard (or whatever color it is). Now I need to wait 2 weeks. I have few days free? Well, too bad, I cannot farm them. I cannot even buy them. If you want certain shards you are forced to play when DE want it.

And you say 1 hour per week is not too much? Consider doing it 2.5 hour per frame, 12.5 hour per 5 frame. What can I do during that time? Read a book, watch 1 season of something (~12 episodes 1 hour each) so on and so forth. Yet game incentivize me to "waste" time because it's just "1 hour per week".

That's predatory tactics.

Yez, I play game, I get stuff, it takes some time, then I go to play some other part of the game to have fun, it's that simple.

Other people not being okay with that is perfectly fine, I'm not trying to be right as much as sharing my point of view on the subject and why I believe it is okay to be this way.

And yes, I am looking at you. You miss the colour of shard you wanted?
Gotta wait til' the week it comes back, you can still obtain the others in that time so you keep getting more though, and this way you stockpile so it doesn't happen again.
Now, of course if what you prefer is one specific type of archon shard, Crimson as it seems, which I totally understand why most people prefer them, then your time is being wasted because you can't get it at your convenience, I get it!

So spending an hour a week to get 2 shards for the frames, even if they are not the ones I want for the frame I want, still provides me with resources I can use in the future, if I need them. To me, I'm not wasting time, I'm spending it on doing something I like, and that gets me something that I like because it helps me make what I like, better.
A long time investment that takes little time to do and thereby lets me do other things I enjoy.

I've been doing kahl, I've done few Archons. I don't like both. I've been skipping both since long time. I don't like when someone doesn't respect my time (at that level). I'm too old for this thing. It would be different thing if I liked... but I don't like it.

So it is subjective, got it, that's perfectly fine, you shouldn't be forced to do content you don't enjoy for rewards, I understand that.

I don't mean only time gate. For example Regal aya were more expensive than normal pack. There were many post about it. It's "watering down" content - in this case they gave us small, overprized thing. They changed it afterwards, afair.

Well, Regal Aya didn't offer anything new but a way to obtain old Prime Pack cosmetics and some weapons faster, it is a Pay 2 skip for the most part, but... that is.
You want it, you buy it, you don't want it, it has 0 effect on the game for you. I don't debate their price was horrible and they had to compensate with plat, I know it.

Yet I have 4 maybe 5 Tenets. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean other are lucky.

First you need 40 holos. That could take days if you are unlucky. I heard about people not even getting single drop of holos. It wasn't fixed (no, Sister-holo is no fix!)

Then you have to wait for proper element. 24 days maximum (4 days per rotation).

But Tenet melees aren't about that much luck?
Holokeys have a fairly common drop chance of close to 40% per void storm, and getting 10 of them is the usual on Velo, that means you only need to do a couple missions for one weapon. With a well prepared Railjack it is about 10-15 minutes per mission, so it is fairly quick and you still get more rewards from it.

Waiting for proper element is... how to put this... you save your holokeys specifically for one of the Tenets you want with the element you want, but the it will probably have a low bonus. You could keep saving holokeys and then buy one with an element you don't like to make a balance fusion, although this would mean needing more weapon slots too.
Not getting a single drop is suspiciously bad, randomness is like that, makes you feel the numbers aren't quite true.

And yes, Sister farming for holokeys is only for the mentally unhinged.

Yes, her acquisition is nice. It's about her abilities that are simililar to each other (Dagath's 2&3, and 1&4). Hence, "watering down" content.

Many frames have similar abilities but I've only seen this complaint about Dagath, is her case really that extreme? If so, why don't I understand it?

And Circuit is what? You get, afair, 2 stuff per week but to get all stuff you want it may take weeks.

Warframes, augments, weapons, arcanes, drop boosters, forma, exilus adapters, resources... a few things besides the weapons but it takes quite a bit to complete, true.

And yet they are almost the same as mods/arcanes. What different you have than mods/arcanes? HP/energy orb efficiency?? Their limitations are just excuses. They are just mods/arcanes but placed in different place.

More energy, more strength, more ability duration, passive health regen, flatlined health, shields and armour values which in some frames is very valuable, casting speed, energy on spawn, parkour velocity... they provide quite a few great bonuses that have no trigger conditionals and are active from the get go on all builds of the frame that uses them.

You can free up on mods that are important and let it be done with some very specific arcanes plus shards, or even focus schools as you mentioned, but that be only talking about Sling Strength as no other school has something as Warframe stats impactful as that.
But outside of Molt Augmented or Molt Efficiency, are there really that many arcanes that provide something similar under such simple conditions? Not quite.
Look at Arcane Power Ramp, max 24% more strength per different ability cast, who even uses that over Molt Augmented?
Or even Molt Vigor which is not as popular as Molt Augmented due to its trigger condition too.

So yes, they are like mods and arcanes, that is the entire point of my argument, but you don't have to sacrifice drain or a slot of your build to use them, and that is massive as it lets you customize even further than you could before.

Well, we "deserve" stuff for finishing stuff not just because someone says some arbitrary number. Like, what's the point of playing game? Story? Characters? Funy moments? Sure. But some games offers loot. We play those game to get loot. It's not that we deserve something. It's whole point of us playing it (plus some other stuff).

For me, having fun is the point.

In a game like Warframe playing gets us loot, and loot gets us fun.
Time gating loot isn't fun because no matter how much you play you can't get said loot, therefore you can't get fun.
The formulae is totally simple to understand and applies to many, I get it.

But not getting one piece of loot all the time is... okay. There's more fun than getting that piece of loot.
Whether one is capable of experiencing it, or likes it at all even if they get to experience it is... totally subjective.

That is why I have fun in Warframe. I am a completionist but if I focused on getting all the things "directly" lets say, I'd end up frustrated by the drop chances of many things, like Arcane Pistoleer for example (I'm super close to finally maxing it), that is why I take it all with ease and my focus when playing isn't just the reward, but the whole.
Like that time I made a new friend by punching Nira with Atlas for 20 minutes straight alongside a Harrow after our two teammates had left us.
It was dumb, and a waste of time, but the end result of a couple good laughs made it worth it.

That and playing more games frequently helps me to sustain a healthy balance & relation with the game.

Shards for some of my builds are a massive QoL. I wouldn’t say they’re “needed” but they are needed to be enjoyable. I NEED that starting energy from orange shards with how low my efficiency is in order to start a rotation at the beginning of a mission without standing around waiting for an energy pad or something 

On 2023-11-30 at 4:06 PM, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

Shards for some of my builds are a massive QoL. I wouldn’t say they’re “needed” but they are needed to be enjoyable. I NEED that starting energy from orange shards with how low my efficiency is in order to start a rotation at the beginning of a mission without standing around waiting for an energy pad or something 

Lessen your mod load. Unspent points equal higher starting energy.

On 2023-12-02 at 12:02 AM, Hobie-wan said:

Nah sometimes the starting rotation is crazy high.

On 2023-11-24 at 9:38 PM, Qriist said:

One of the placeholder perks is a corrosive stack limit break. That's incredibly decent.

Can confirm, is incredibly decent.

En 24/11/2023 a las 16:05, Numerounius dijo:

Its more insulting that they still aren't budging on the 50% Bile Removal cost

This comment makes me laugh. When I said the same thing almost a year ago ppl went for my jugular trying to tell me where to farm bile and treating me like a fool, oh wow, it's been a while and the resources went down, what a surprise.

On 12/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, Hobie-wan said:

I know, and I have that. With how low my efficiency is on some builds though I need close to 350 or so starting energy in order to use all 4 of my abilities on Mesa and Voruna at the start of a mission. It’s extremely tight and I have formas in gear even where I don’t need them just to increase available unspent capacity points 😂

The orange shards are really critical to a fluid game. I currently have 2 on Voruna. I MIGHT be able to get it down to 1 Tau Forged with a few tweaks.

On 11/24/2023 at 2:01 PM, Bunni said:

No frame ever needed a reactor. Only players that are trying to go for level cap stuff need them. Are they fun to mess with? Sure, but also very few if any players are trying to get a full compliment of shards on all 54 frames.

You’re comparing doubling mod capacity to end game content designed to boost fully functional builds.

you want people to take you serious, be serious.

On one hand, I see your argument. On the other hand, it’s literally the last stage of the game, and you’re complaining not about the new content but about time locks?

you’re gunna have to start with syndicate cap, tbh. I can’t really understand the “players are locked out” of once a week end game content when there’s the whole rest of the game that deals with time locks. And at that point you’re gunna have to deal with all of the vets who have waited for everything else 🤨 it’s just a DoA concept