The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a viable steel path secondary automatic pistol/pistols

BlissfullyOwO

So, I have looked around on this forum and online and really I have found mostly old threads and old videos based around this.

I have been looking for a single or dual auto firing pistol that is viable into endgame steel path.

What are some of your suggestions, or what would you use if you had one auto pistol? I typically see the obvious meta weapons, but those never have automatic pistols in them.

At the moment I am using a rattleguts secondary kitgun to fit this niche, along with the Twin Grakata's, but I feel these might fall off in late game steel path even with a riven.

Any input will be appreciated, I can only seem to find old posts about this topic and I know the state of what is viable changes around.

Thanks.

• Like 1

vor 25 Minuten schrieb BlissfullyOwO:

So, I have looked around on this forum and online and really I have found mostly old threads and old videos based around this.

I have been looking for a single or dual auto firing pistol that is viable into endgame steel path.

What are some of your suggestions, or what would you use if you had one auto pistol? I typically see the obvious meta weapons, but those never have automatic pistols in them.

At the moment I am using a rattleguts secondary kitgun to fit this niche, along with the Twin Grakata's, but I feel these might fall off in late game steel path even with a riven.

Any input will be appreciated, I can only seem to find old posts about this topic and I know the state of what is viable changes around.

Thanks.

Many of them can be tweaked with useful mods. The question is how ammo management works and what is the clear speed. Because either I don't get any ammunition or the weapon doesn't do enough damage. Then you also have to compensate with ammo aura and maybe take a buff warframe.
just tested kuva twin stubbas against lvl 190 corr healy gunner eximus. So the damage is still terrible.
I also checked my other builds again.. very unimpressive

Tenet Cycron is also a gun like that? because the damage is still good. It's not like that with Kuva Nukor, but with something like Wips it quickly makes mincemeat out of several opponents and it has unlimited ammo.

edit:

or you take something like Harrow with his Knell Prime weapon. after head shot kill it has unlimited ammo without reload. then also add punch through mod on it. and all heavy units can put on diapers. Because he almost always makes red head shot crits and has a very high firing rate.

Edited by Venus-Venera
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Many of them can be tweaked with useful mods. The question is how ammo management works and what is the clear speed. Because either I don't get any ammunition or the weapon doesn't do enough damage. Then you also have to compensate with ammo aura and maybe take a buff warframe.
just tested kuva twin stubbas against lvl 190 corr healy gunner eximus. So the damage is still terrible.
I also checked my other builds again.. very unimpressive

Tenet Cycron is also a gun like that? because the damage is still good. It's not like that with Kuva Nukor, but with something like Wips it quickly makes mincemeat out of several opponents and it has unlimited ammo.

edit:

or you take something like Harrow with his Knell Prime weapon. after head shot kill it has unlimited ammo without reload. then also add punch through mod on it. and all heavy units can put on diapers. Because he almost always makes red head shot crits and has a very high firing rate.

I appreciate your response as it at least gives me a few ideas.

I have a fully built Tenet Cycron with a riven, and the Knell Prime, but it doesn't scratch that bullet hose itch I am looking for I guess.

Love beam weapons, and aoe weapons but I have my picks for those.

I was also unimpressed with the Kuva Twin Stubbas, I really wanted to like them but they just aren't for me.

Thanks.

Edited by BlissfullyOwO
  • Like 1

Hello!

Sort of depends on some of your wording. Like what do you mean by "late game Steel Path", as in Steel Path Endurance? 2 hours into a Survival or 3 hours into a Disruption or Void Cascade against Grineer and Thrax? I do assume by your wording, you also mean weapons like Prisma Twin Gremlins, Twin Grakatas, etc and so no to beam weapons, or semi automatic or otherwise? 

Are you counting Incarnon? Furis Incarnon is pretty potent, however thats more due to its Incarnon form, which is more like a beam, and close range flamethrower. Dual Toxocyst Incarnon are also incredibly strong, but are Incarnon and well they have this buff that activates on headshots, that... they are a whole thing to discuss. Knell Prime is potentially an option, however you do have to land headshots, and its a scoped weapon.

As far as straight forward easy simple effective automatic pistols for high end Steel Path... I can't actually really think of too many. Prisma Twin Gremlins is probably my fav discounting above, variables, but I also have a good Riven for it, and I usually need to have a good melee or Primary for certain enemies like Acolytes (I also tend to use them more for popping Nullifier bubbles, or annoying weak Infested enemies, and say less against Grineer. Oh, well there is also Pyrana Prime, but people usually think of it as an automatic shotgun rather than pistol, but it is a Secondary weapon... so i am not sure whether you are going more for the secondary automatic pistol aesthetic or whether you just want a really good Secondary thats automatic in nature? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Hello!

Sort of depends on some of your wording. Like what do you mean by "late game Steel Path", as in Steel Path Endurance? 2 hours into a Survival or 3 hours into a Disruption or Void Cascade against Grineer and Thrax? I do assume by your wording, you also mean weapons like Prisma Twin Gremlins, Twin Grakatas, etc and so no to beam weapons, or semi automatic or otherwise? 

Are you counting Incarnon? Furis Incarnon is pretty potent, however thats more due to its Incarnon form, which is more like a beam, and close range flamethrower. Dual Toxocyst Incarnon are also incredibly strong, but are Incarnon and well they have this buff that activates on headshots, that... they are a whole thing to discuss. Knell Prime is potentially an option, however you do have to land headshots, and its a scoped weapon.

As far as straight forward easy simple effective automatic pistols for high end Steel Path... I can't actually really think of too many. Prisma Twin Gremlins is probably my fav discounting above, variables, but I also have a good Riven for it, and I usually need to have a good melee or Primary for certain enemies like Acolytes (I also tend to use them more for popping Nullifier bubbles, or annoying weak Infested enemies, and say less against Grineer. Oh, well there is also Pyrana Prime, but people usually think of it as an automatic shotgun rather than pistol, but it is a Secondary weapon... so i am not sure whether you are going more for the secondary automatic pistol aesthetic or whether you just want a really good Secondary thats automatic in nature? 

I will specify a bit on what I am trying to describe as I know there are a lot of factors.

Steel Path Endurance was a good example yes, that would be correct.

I would like to keep incarnons out of the picture for now as I know all I need to know about those, but base guns wise is mainly what I am asking.

As I mentioned prior, I like beam weapons, but it doesn't scratch that itch for me as far as finding a bullet hose secondary.

I have Knell Prime and Pyrana Prime, but those never felt like the bullet hoses I would be looking for. I rarely use either as I just don't like their thing very much (Though I might use Pyrana Prime again it has been a hot minute since I used it.)

I have heard about the Prisma Twin Gremlins, but I have been apprehensive as I haven't seen much on them and have assumed they fell off compared to something like the Twin Grakatas, but I haven't used them personally so if you recommend them I might give them a shot.

I am looking for a simple bullet hose secondary, no incarnon, no beam.. just a reliable auto pistol/dual pistol I can use in general steel path, and endurance runs without it taking ages to kill things.. or running out of ammo.

2 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Here's my Tenet Diplos that I quite like.

Hide contents

GfFSk8C.jpeg

Fwoxihs.pngj2LMlY8.png

Replacing the riven with Primed Expel Grineer puts it around 425k sustained.

I appreciate that build recommendation, I recently went to get the Tenet Diplos, but that ADS alt fire gimmic it has made me lose interest in it quick.

Unfortunately I really wanted to like them, I just can't stand that machanic.

Edited by BlissfullyOwO

9 minutes ago, BlissfullyOwO said:

I have heard about the Prisma Twin Gremlins, but I have been apprehensive as I haven't seen much on them and have assumed they fell off compared to something like the Twin Grakatas, but I haven't used them personally so if you recommend them I might give them a shot.

If you didn't find dubba stubbas strong enough, Prisma Twin Gremlins aren't going to satisfy you either.  It's hard for me to think of better weapons that meet your criteria.  i.e., pocket bullet hoses, not beam, and not Incarnon.   Twin Kohmak  is worth a try.  One of my favorites, and definitely up to my standards if not to yours.  If you can hit headshots confidently, Knell is awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

If you didn't find dubba stubbas strong enough, Prisma Twin Gremlins aren't going to satisfy you either.  It's hard for me to think of better weapons that meet your criteria.  i.e., pocket bullet hoses, not beam, and not Incarnon.   Twin Kohmak  is worth a try.  One of my favorites, and definitely up to my standards if not to yours.  If you can hit headshots confidently, Knell is awesome.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I know my ask was probably a bit tricky, I really wish a lot more of these secondary auto pistols were steel path viable.

I was trying to get the Aksomati Primes I got to be something, but they just seem outdated at this point.

I have heard of the Twin Kohmak, and I believe it would make sense to at least build them and see how it feels to me.

I have pretty much run out of weapon slots trying to find the right one, beams.. aoe.. single firing.. I got what I need to really enjoy those.

Auto firing is what I am missing and I have been trying to find what really works.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, VibingCat said:

Without any doubts, the strongest automatic secondaries are incarnon Dual Toxocyst and incarnon Furis. Kuva Nukor, Tenet Cycron and everything else listed above belong to the past, they're ten times weaker.

I am waiting for the Incarnon to come back into rotation for the Dual Toxocysts, becase I hate them base and I refuse to use them right now.

12 minutes ago, BlissfullyOwO said:

I have heard of the Twin Kohmak, and I believe it would make sense to at least build them and see how it feels to me.

If you like the Kohm's mechanics, you'll like it.  Really fun for me with Anemic Agility, but it will burn through ammo like crazy if you're not careful.

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

If you like the Kohm's mechanics, you'll like it.  Really fun for me with Anemic Agility, but it will burn through ammo like crazy if you're not careful.

I love the Kuva Kohm, so that would be a great idea.

I have Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation, and possibly a riven might help with the ammo economy as well.

Thanks

1 hour ago, BlissfullyOwO said:

main problem with Grakatas is they run out of ammo too fast, even with an ammo mutation mod thay can run dry. that's fine if you're just using them for emergencies or priming enemies before using melee or switching to primary, but no good for using them long-term.

personally I like most of the auto pistols, but for a reliable choice, I quite like the Akstilletto or Aksomati Primes, both have large ammo reserves, don't run out of ammo quickly, or at all with ammo mutation, and statistically they re very strong. also hitscan so what you can see, you can hit. pretty hard to go wrong with them honestly.

sure, they aren't as powerful as some incarnons and what not, but for a no-nonsense secondary dakka option, they're hard to beat. only hard part might be getting them, since they're vaulted, but I've seen sets for both floating around trade chat, so if you have the plat, you can get them, and you'll never really need any other auto pistols ever again.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

main problem with Grakatas is they run out of ammo too fast, even with an ammo mutation mod thay can run dry. that's fine if you're just using them for emergencies or priming enemies before using melee or switching to primary, but no good for using them long-term.

personally I like most of the auto pistols, but for a reliable choice, I quite like the Akstilletto or Aksomati Primes, both have large ammo reserves, don't run out of ammo quickly, or at all with ammo mutation, and statistically they re very strong. also hitscan so what you can see, you can hit. pretty hard to go wrong with them honestly.

sure, they aren't as powerful as some incarnons and what not, but for a no-nonsense secondary dakka option, they're hard to beat. only hard part might be getting them, since they're vaulted, but I've seen sets for both floating around trade chat, so if you have the plat, you can get them, and you'll never really need any other auto pistols ever again.

I have the Aksomati Prime pistols, but I can't seem to enjoy them the way I want... Maybe a riven would help?

I see how pricy the Aksilleto Prime is on the market, which has put me off from getting it.

How would you say these compare? Should I keep trying with the Aksomati Prime?

Edited by BlissfullyOwO

6 minutes ago, Qriist said:

I really dislike the alt fire when aiming, too. I just forego aiming while using them lol.

I ADS too much for me to like using them.

If I use Yareli they would be good for that, but I got the Tenet Plinx or Sporelacer for that.

I just can't fit them into my playstyle, I desperately wish it was optional.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Qriist:

I really dislike the alt fire when aiming, too. I just forego aiming while using them lol.

alt fire somehow still doesn't make sense. I also tested it when it was released and it was mehhh and is still mehhh?
weapon is actually cool. So great effects and sounds. It's just a shame that dmg is so bad.
and headshots are probably not possible because of small aoe...

5 minutes ago, BlissfullyOwO said:

I have the Aksomati Prime pistols, but I can't seem to enjoy them the way I want... Maybe a riven would help?

I see how pricy the Aksilleto Prime is on the market, which has put me off from getting it.

How would you say these compare? Should I keep trying with the Aksomati Prime?

depends on the riven Disposition: last I checked they were quite low, but that was a while ago, they might have been raised to like a 3 or 4 for all I know. if that's the case then a Riven could be helpful IMO.

yeah, Akstilettos are pricey, when they first came out they were pretty well liked, lower fire rate but still excellent status application and with a very quick reload, you practically never have to stop firing, but I love mine, so I could be biased.

between those two, Aksomati has the better crit and higher rate of fire, but AkStilettos apply elements better., so they're both good in their own ways.

have you tried Kuva Twin STubbas? those are pretty great IMO: large capacity, moderate-high rate of fire, and no harder to get than the Tenet Diplos. 

8 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

depends on the riven Disposition: last I checked they were quite low, but that was a while ago, they might have been raised to like a 3 or 4 for all I know. if that's the case then a Riven could be helpful IMO.

yeah, Akstilettos are pricey, when they first came out they were pretty well liked, lower fire rate but still excellent status application and with a very quick reload, you practically never have to stop firing, but I love mine, so I could be biased.

between those two, Aksomati has the better crit and higher rate of fire, but AkStilettos apply elements better., so they're both good in their own ways.

have you tried Kuva Twin STubbas? those are pretty great IMO: large capacity, moderate-high rate of fire, and no harder to get than the Tenet Diplos. 

Aksomati Prime have a riven disposition of 3, and the Akstilleto Prime have a riven disposition of 2.

Not amazing, but fine overall.

I like the Kuva Twin Stubbas I have (They dropped with %53.4 Toxin) I just don't like them much compared to other secondaries I have (and also hate how they look) so they have been collecting dust.

Edited by BlissfullyOwO

2 minutes ago, BlissfullyOwO said:

I like the Kuva Twin Stubbas I have (They dropped with %53.4 Toxin) I just don't like them much compared to other secondaries I have (and also hate how they look) so they have been collecting dust.

wow, you're kinda fussy when it comes your weapons lol.

Afuris Prime maybe? those are the most current prime auto pistols, still available in game, and good stats...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

wow, you're kinda fussy when it comes your weapons lol.

Afuris Prime maybe? those are the most current prime auto pistols, still available in game, and good stats...

You could be right, I might be nitpicking at this point. 

I do appreciate all of the responses to my original question though.

I have the Afuris Prime, I haven't touched them because I haven't heard anything about them really, and would rather use the Furis Incarnon over these.

17 minutes ago, BlissfullyOwO said:

You could be right, I might be nitpicking at this point. 

I do appreciate all of the responses to my original question though.

I have the Afuris Prime, I haven't touched them because I haven't heard anything about them really, and would rather use the Furis Incarnon over these.

try them. I know they don't have the augment, but they're still pretty decent. if nothign else, your options will norrow down and you'll be another step closer to your dream secondary.. whatever that is..

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

try them. I know they don't have the augment, but they're still pretty decent. if nothign else, your options will norrow down and you'll be another step closer to your dream secondary.. whatever that is..

So far I have compiled a list of the 3 I wish to try for at the moment.

Twin kohmak

Prisma Twin Gremlins

Akstilleto Prime

The responses have been helpful, I appreciate them.

I will give a look back at Aksomati Prime and Kuva Twin Stubbas, maybe I am missing something on my end.