Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Reasons Why Damage 2.0 Is One Of The Worst Things That Happened To Warframe(In My Opinion)

Quaintman

3) Its super hard to find good builds for ur wepons and warframes because nobody has made updated build videos yet.

oh really ? im afraid to test combination Q.Q that cost time and i want copy cat from youtube dont want to think thinking huartz!

~.~ my god you know brains can be used beside smashing em against a wall

you need a video to mod a weapon? O.o

i can write you a guide:

1. multishot & the damage mod are always needed

2. take a look on the weapon's damage type and use it against the according faction

3. once you know the faction, choose your elemental types to be effective against it

4. counter weaknesses like slow reload, slow firing speed

5. if there is a mixed mod where the downside is nonexistent or actually an upside for the particular weapon: use it

6, high base crit? then you can use crit mods as well

Edited by SpringwoodSlasher

4) Of course you can't have both fire and ice on the same weapon. That doesn't make any sense. Logically the two elemental mods would cancel each other out... and since these elements aren't natural fire and ice, the opposing mods will have quite the reaction. Hence, blast. Besides, how much sense does it make for someone to be slow because they're so cold but also so hot they're on fire? It's just odd to think about.

Pop Tarts?

you need a video to mod a weapon? O.o

i can write you a guide:

1. multishot & the damage mod are always needed

2. take a look on the weapon's damage type and use it against the according faction

3. once you know the faction, choose your elemental types to be effective against it

4. counter weaknesses like slow reload, slow firing speed

5. if there is a mixed mod where the downside is nonexistent or actually an upside for the particular weapon: use it

6, high base crit? then you can use crit mods as well

Listen to him^^ he knows;

1. Golden rule

2-3-4. As some people said, rock-paper-scissors

5. Just like addition in school

6. Bonus

Oh, and, I always keep a tab of the wiki damage 2.0 open in my browser, so before missions, alt+tab, then select loadout.

I think Damage 2.0 is one of the worst things that happened in warframe becuase:

1) Nobody is going to remember EVERTHING in Damage 2.0

2) I dont understand the point on having 3 differenet types of damage suck as punture,impact,and slash.

3) Its super hard to find good builds for ur wepons and warframes because nobody has made updated build videos yet.

4) If u want Fire and Ice as to seperate damages...Well guess what, U CANT!!!! U'll just get Blast as just 1 damage so u cant get ur ignite for fire and slowdown for ice ull just stun them.

5) The ONLY thing that I think that is good is that they added in damage 2.0 is Toxic or poison(or whatever u call it) damage.and when i mean ONLY i really mean ONLY.

1) i remember it all and surely im not only one

2) alone they are fine, only problem is that it was base damage was divied into 3 thus having less dmg to specific enemies.

3) you should figure it out by urself, stop watching videos and think urself

4) it was meant that way to remove rainbow builds

5) actually i have a complain here with droprates of these, no to mention that pathogen doesnt drop anywhere.

Worst thing about 2.0 is that punc/slash/impact mods are not used in calcutaion of elemental damage and that different faction have resistanses units in factions have resistanses to damage types.

You guys here boast a lot about different loadouts vs factions, what you guys did not take in account that factions have different units that have different resistances and your  so called faction loadout may  be ineffective vs  specific faction units making them hard to kill.

Remember early 1.0 and infested vs eletrical damage ? What did it end  at ? They took normal damage instead of ignoring it.

Well they could just make it simular so some take more some take less, but not less than normal.

Or make resistances for whole faction.

Why the hell am I going to make a loadout for a freaking 1 individual faction unit ?!

I have only 3 weapons and I need to make a freaking load out for every single faction unit.

But even if I do, we have invasions. What then ?! Well you've fked up my dear.

2.0 is bad. Just bad if not worse.

A weapon is called a weapon, not because it just a word, but because it has a purpose - a purpose to kill stuff.

Edited by Unibot

snip

Really? There's no way to specialize so much that crewmen or rollers become magically immune to your gun just because it's set up for the rest of their faction. You can take almost any weapon against any target now and do fine. You won't be as ammo efficient and you might take a hit or two, but boo hoo that's kind of the point. To throw a wrench in your "perfect" build.

If you're too hidebound and stubborn to bring a pistol with a different set-up that's your problem.

I'd also like to point ut how disingenuous your comparison to the old Infested vs. Lightning comparison is. They didn't just take 25% less damage, they where flat out immune. In the new system things still take damage from damage they are strong against.

Edited by ValhaHazred

How about balancing weapons in just 2 physical categories ( no AI = more damage, AI = less damage)? It's pretty easier that creating completely new system from scratch and spending another half year balancing it. I still can't get why some pistols and revolvers have dominant slash damage. A step away from realism... even as little realism that could be in game about space ninjas. Yet we have normal physics here XD

Did you just use the very same argument I made a counterargument to? This is not normal physics, this is just classifying weapons according to the enemies they're good against.

Also, it's always worth spending resources to make a game feature more intuitive and give it depth. They succeeded in doing that with damage with Damage 2.0.

Really? There's no way to specialize so much that crewmen or rollers become magically immune to your gun just because it's set up for the rest of their faction. You can take almost any weapon against any target now and do fine. You won't be as ammo efficient and you might take a hit or two, but boo hoo that's kind of the point. To throw a wrench in your "perfect" build.

If you're too hidebound and stubborn to bring a pistol with a different set-up that's your problem.

I'd also like to point ut how disingenuous your comparison to the old Infested vs. Lightning comparison is. They didn't just take 25% less damage, they where flat out immune. In the new system things still take damage from damage they are strong against.

We do talk about pluto and phobos right ? Because I do. And not you can't take any weapon against any target now for stated reason.

When you will be ready to move from mercury and jupiter, you'll understand(from what you are writting you certanly are there).

Did you just use the very same argument I made a counterargument to? This is not normal physics, this is just classifying weapons according to the enemies they're good against.

Also, it's always worth spending resources to make a game feature more intuitive and give it depth. They succeeded in doing that with damage with Damage 2.0.

They could use those resources to develop better melee system than 1 buttun mash it is. Period.

Edited by Unibot

This game had more potential than any I ever played and then they ruined it with damage 2.0, it makes low level enemies too easy and higher level enemies ridiculously hard. Damage guides would be very useful in the codex but of course its more logical just to guess. 

Edited by SubtleMoonWolf

I think Damage 2.0 is one of the worst things that happened in warframe becuase:

1) Nobody is going to remember EVERTHING in Damage 2.0

2) I dont understand the point on having 3 differenet types of damage suck as punture,impact,and slash.

4) If u want Fire and Ice as to seperate damages...Well guess what, U CANT!!!! U'll just get Blast as just 1 damage so u cant get ur ignite for fire and slowdown for ice ull just stun them.

5) The ONLY thing that I think that is good is that they added in damage 2.0 is Toxic or poison(or whatever u call it) damage.and when i mean ONLY i really mean ONLY.

Theses are my 5 reasons why i dont like damage 2.0 and i think is the ONE worst thing that ever happened in Warframe. Plz leave a comment below and tell me if u agree or disagree and why.(i wont judge u :-])

-Quaintman

Preface: Every update is "the worst update ever", I take that claim less and less seriously each time.

1)Well, it's in the codex now so you don't have to remember, you just have to check once in a while.

2)Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not logical. The three damage types, slash, puncture and impact represent what they're effective against. That being flesh, armour and shields respectively.

3)I...Don't even know man. You could try figuring out the build yourself, it's not rocket science.

4)Yes, that's right, now you can't have a weapon that simultaneously freezes aa guy and sets him on fire, because that was dumb.

It might be somewhat offtopic, but can someone explain me, why did we have armor scaling in Damage 1.0 at all? As far as i remember, it was actual problem. And they solved(?) it in quite unusual and complex way. Why couldn't they JUST REMOVE THAT INSANE ARMOR and let exist 3 category of enemies: light(or no armor), medium and heavili armored, with no AI damage being most effective against first and AI damage - against last?

Whose idea about shifting all 3 factions into heavily armored as levels grow was? Point me that genius, i have a rude sticker for him XD

I preached that for a while, I honestly think DE just wanted to add the new damage system because it'd be awesome. Damage 2.0 wasn't just to fix the armour scaling, it was to make elemental mods less ridiculous looking and avoid the frozen/burning paradox, make weapon builds more interesting and actually differ from weapon to weapon and make enemies more distinct and unique.

I get the feeling this guy's right....once Damage 2.0 is fully dissected, I fear everyone will come to realize how much of a nerf it really is, and how backwards it is. This is a damage system games try to get away from, not move towards.

What Damage 1.0 was.

- AP is the best elemental damage.

- Armor ignore is the best damage, period, including physics impact and serrated blade.

- All enemies have scaling armor, so everything falls except AI.

- However your low mastery weapons like Boltor and kunai can still compete at higher levels, purely due to AI.

- Weapons proc all the time, making for insane usage out of Synapse and Ignis which nearly always stun the target.

What Damage 2.0 is

- There is "best elemental" but it you will need to switch accordingly.

- At higher levels it is mandatory to use specific elemental types to deal with mobs efficiently. That starts from level 50

- You can still do old rainbow, Magnetic + Fire (basically Electricity + cold + heat) with a Puncture weapon, but it won't be super dominating.

- Condensed levels means mobs scale much faster significantly. Could be problematic for newbies

- Proc reduced Q_Q

- Damage system however does ensure that as long you have the requisite elemental mod available, you can make most guns work against a faction you planning to take against (not possible with 1.0)

- Enemy armor and resistance bell curved is lower (but you still see it eventually)

Well there are always pros and cons.

But I still prefer Damage 2.0, because it makes everything a lot more viable, as long you have the elemental mods.

Of course.

I get the feeling this guy's right....once Damage 2.0 is fully dissected, I fear everyone will come to realize how much of a nerf it really is, and how backwards it is. This is a damage system games try to get away from, not move towards.

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean that it's bad.

1) & 3) Find a guide and work on your loadouts. Simple as that.

This to me, is why Damage 2.0 is bad.  Not 'worst' but bad.  Especially for new players, those who are more casual than I am.  Because they're not going to know, or really care, they'll just play until they hit that wall of impossible, and then they'll leave.  They'll never come here, never look at a wiki, and will make up 90% of the game's players.

This to me, is why Damage 2.0 is bad.  Not 'worst' but bad.  Especially for new players, those who are more casual than I am.  Because they're not going to know, or really care, they'll just play until they hit that wall of impossible, and then they'll leave.  They'll never come here, never look at a wiki, and will make up 90% of the game's players.

that´s a joke, isn´t it? if u spend 2 min in codex u can see how the new system works

u don´t need guides or a false wiki, just go in it, look what u need , put it in a weapon thats fitt with the stats and test it

now the game is much more customize, u can play much more weapon , u can use much more mod builds AND its easy to understand

and a new player doesn´t care in the first missions about modding , and if he does he can like i said bevore look in the codex

please, try to make the game bad if u don´t understand how it works

You talk about ppl who doesnt understand, see or hear anything. Thats a bit extreme.