Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross save, Nintendo and Buying Platinum questions.

The_Royal_Elf_Mika

i was reading the Q&A for cross save and i read this:

"Any Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch Warframe profiles will not be accessible on other platforms. On PC, Xbox and PlayStation, you will have a shared wallet, meaning that Platinum purchased on those platforms will be available across those platforms.

You may still access and spend your Platinum while logged into your Warframe Cross Platform Save Account on Nintendo Switch. Any Items or Customizations purchased with this Platinum will also be automatically accessible while logged in on other platforms. However, you must log in via the Nintendo Switch to spend any Platinum specifically purchased on that platform."

if i was on PC with my Nintendo account, would i be able to buy Platinum on PC?

are accounts staying "platform" based or will accounts be made universal? aka will i still be a (NSW) Account, will accounts stay tethered to their original systems?

hace 33 minutos, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika dijo:

"Any Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch Warframe profiles will not be accessible on other platforms. On PC, Xbox and PlayStation, you will have a shared wallet, meaning that Platinum purchased on those platforms will be available across those platforms.

You may still access and spend your Platinum while logged into your Warframe Cross Platform Save Account on Nintendo Switch. Any Items or Customizations purchased with this Platinum will also be automatically accessible while logged in on other platforms. However, you must log in via the Nintendo Switch to spend any Platinum specifically purchased on that platform."

are accounts staying "platform" based or will accounts be made universal? aka will i still be a (NSW) Account, will accounts stay tethered to their original systems?

I'm almost sure that all this problem comes from Nintendo and its policies. I also have a switch and when the cross save arrives I will probably play when I have trips or family gatherings and it seems to me that Nintendo only wants the money in its ballot boxes, that's why this is like that.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You only got that half-right.

"On PC, Xbox and PlayStation, you will have a shared wallet, meaning that Platinum purchased on those platforms will be available across those platforms." - they sound completely right based on that FAQ entry. Any plat purchased on Xbox, PC, and PSN will be shared between all those platforms, and is not usable on Switch (as it does not mention switch in that list it provides). Any plat purchased on Switch will ONLY be usable on Switch: "Any Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch Warframe profiles will not be accessible on other platforms."

This is likely due to restrictions Nintendo has on their eShop and the limitations that in-game currencies can have to be eligible to remain in good standing / not removed from the storefront. Mobile may have the same issue (particularly iOS is rather finnicky about in app purchases) when it's released too.

Doesn't really seem like that big of a deal though, if you make plat purchases on NSW, simply use the plat there; otherwise, wait to use it when you have access to PC or another console if you make a plat purchase on one of those platforms. All the cosmetics (bar a few exclusive ones) will be available regardless, so this really only affects plat trades, which again is only limited on NSW (as they cannot trade to other platforms). Ultimately Switch users really got the worst end of the deal here, and it gets treated like a standalone market with its own independent currency and rules, with only items syncing to the profile from purchases regardless of source.

Edited by Naroxas44
clarifications

3 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

Seems very specific, yet some gaps are seen
My guess is it will be like Fortnite, in the sense where NSW can't have platinum used in any other platform, but other platforms can share their source of platinum
Make sense or should I elaborate? 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

@Naroxas44May it behoove you to read this paragraph for clarification. May comprehension dawn on you.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

@Naroxas44May it behoove you to read this paragraph for clarification. May comprehension dawn on you.

"You may still access and spend your Platinum" does not specify "Nintendo Switch bought plat" or "shared wallet" plat, and directly contradicts the prior statement that does not mention Switch (and specifically states "Platinum purchased on those platforms will be available across those platforms"). If they meant "any plat purchased on PC, Xbox, and PSN can be used across any platform" then they should state that quite clearly, as it's caused confusion.

I don't know why they have to phrase things in the most confusing way possible, because this can be read either way (i.e. spend your NSW platinum while logged into your account in NSW or spend your wallet platinum while logged into your account in NSW).

In any case it's seeming like a bad idea to purchase any plat via NSW given all the limitations it seems to have.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have a question with this issue. I have only an account on switch and i want to continue playing on pc. I know that if I sync my accounts (switch and a new pc account), I can select my "main" to carry the progross (my switch account). And I also know that if I buy plat on switch it will stay only there. But...

¿Can I still buy platinum from pc when I am logged in Pc, even if I select my switch account as the main account in the sync?

This is because i prefer to use the plat I will buy in the market of pc because is larger than switch's

12 minutes ago, (NSW)tomasosky said:

Hi, i have a question with this issue. I have only an account on switch and i want to continue playing on pc. I know that if I sync my accounts (switch and a new pc account), I can select my "main" to carry the progross (my switch account). And I also know that if I buy plat on switch it will stay only there. But...

¿Can I still buy platinum from pc when I am logged in Pc, even if I select my switch account as the main account in the sync?

This is because i prefer to use the plat I will buy in the market of pc because is larger than switch's

The platinum you buy on Switch stays seperate from the platinum you buy on PC, Xbox, Playstation.

You can't trade plat to other consoles from the Switch, but items you buy on Switch will be available on all platforms.

For me to trade on Switch, I would have to ask for alternative items in return instead of platinum when trading with anyone other than on Switch.

• 2 months later...
On 2023-11-24 at 8:43 PM, Naroxas44 said:

Doesn't really seem like that big of a deal though, if you make plat purchases on NSW, simply use the plat there; otherwise, wait to use it when you have access to PC or another console if you make a plat purchase on one of those platforms. All the cosmetics (bar a few exclusive ones) will be available regardless, so this really only affects plat trades, which again is only limited on NSW (as they cannot trade to other platforms). Ultimately Switch users really got the worst end of the deal here, and it gets treated like a standalone market with its own independent currency and rules, with only items syncing to the profile from purchases regardless of source.

My friend asked me this thread's question a few days ago ...

If I'm reading you right is the following true:

Issue 1:

- The account was made on Nintendo Switch but now is Cross Save Activated/Complete

- Platinum already on the account before the activation can only be used while playing on the Switch.

Issue 2: New Platinum Purchase

- New Platinum purchased on the NSW can only be used on NSW

But...

- New Platinum purchased while playing on a PS5/XB/PC CAN be used on all other platforms except NSW.

So basically...

Don't buy platinum from the Nintendo eshop?