The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FAQ needs examples of more complex merging scenarios

Zodryn

It would really help if the FAQ added more examples to clarify various scenarios. The only solid example is accounts merged each with 100k credits into one account with 200k, but things like Nintendo plat and tennogen are exceptions so examples with them would be nice.

E.x. PC account with 100p and tennogen A before Nov 24, bought tennogen B after Nov 24. Switch with 50p and tennogen X before Nov 24, bought tennogen Y after Nov 24.

Will merge into one account with tennogen A and X available on any device, B only on PC, Y only on console, 100p everywhere but 150p on Switch. Can buy more plat on any device (can you? faq doesn't say) but if bought from eshop doesn't show up on other platforms and can only trade with other switches.

I think that's how something like that might work, but I'm not totally sure, especially regarding buying plat. I you can only buy plat on whatever you made your primary, Switch will be severely gimped.

Edit: many other great points have been brought up that really need clarification.

• Log in days - does it use the primary account, whichever has more log in days, combine them, or something else?

• Riven merging - what happens if you have too many and it's over your limit/over the riven max? 

• Slots - do all purchased WF/weapon/companion/riven/etc slots get combined? Again what if you're at max riven slots?

• Solo clan dojo on secondary account - does it just disappear, do you get anything back?

Edited by (NSW)Zodryn
Adding more ideas brought up by others

Clans/Dojos as well. My wife has a solo clan/dojo on both her PC account and Switch account. If she merges the two, what happens? Does her Switch clan vanish (she's going full PC) or does she keep both? Can she choose to destroy her Switch dojo and the resources used go into the vault of her PC dojo? Does her switch dojo just get banished to The Void to float endlessly until Wally finds it and uses it as place to store all the underwear irreparably soiled by his jump scares?

Now, I plan on doing a join style play thing. I'll be going PC primary, because when I started all I had was my switch. I would have preferred PC, but I was facing life choices that prevented it. In fact, Warframe is what got me through Covid and nearly going homeless. But despite having recovered from a financial hard place and having a PC now, I still adore my switch. I like being able to take it to work and waste my hour long lunch break cracking relics. As much fun as I'll have playing PC at home and then going out and hopping on my switch without losing everything, the platinum thing worries me. I only have 3 to my name right now, really don't care about losing it because it's 3 plat... the hell am I going to do with three whole plat? Buy 1/100th of a Mesa Prime? But when I move to PC, will platinum I buy on PC work on my switch too? Will I have to wait until I'm home to trade? I know I'm out that 3 plat, but if I buy 1000 on PC, is it locked out when I'm on switch? That won't hinder me much as I'll be PC mostly, but I feel really bad for switch users if they sell stuff for cross platform plat, but never be able to buy off sellers from PC/PS5/Xbox

8 hours ago, (PSN)McSquank said:

I'm curious how merging rivens is going to work with riven slot limitations.

I'm sure there is going to be a list of things not merged or just rules regarding all these. Arcane Helmets, Founder items, Archon Shards, Riven Mods, inventory slots, etc etc.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

This is going to be an absolute mess.

Surprised?

I also want a better description of how Switch plat will work, like they need a section dedicated to it rather than sprinkling the info here and there. Sounds like Cross-Platform trading with Switch is basically impossible, and I have thousands of plat tied up there. I have no idea what to spend it on now that any tennogen I buy won't be usable on PC, which is where I plan on playing the most once this goes live.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I just want to know if I Link or Merge all my accounts, can I log in on all different devices at once for the same account? Got to make a full party of four of myself.

I doubt it, but if you accomplish it, I get the feeling you're gonna fail alot due to AFK checkers and such.

A list of test cases would be cool. We could add to it or point out gaps.

I have not played really since my pc died early Covid days, PC is my MR27 account but without anything too specials, e.g. founder Excalibur prime stuff etc... I might have a Lato prime /shrug.
I have barely touched my PS5 account, just kind of tried it out before deciding it was too much to start over... but I kind of like the idea of starting fresh with quests and story again... but without the grinding and sunk cost of my pc account being lost. 

So If I make my PS - MR 1 my main account and merge in my PC account, with every frame built, lots of mods and most weapons and many a sacrifice to the monster in the back, I forget his name... what will that do to a MR 1 account that barely has the ankle lock/bomb off his foot?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morgawse said:

A list of test cases would be cool. We could add to it or point out gaps.

I have not played really since my pc died early Covid days, PC is my MR27 account but without anything too specials, e.g. founder Excalibur prime stuff etc... I might have a Lato prime /shrug.
I have barely touched my PS5 account, just kind of tried it out before deciding it was too much to start over... but I kind of like the idea of starting fresh with quests and story again... but without the grinding and sunk cost of my pc account being lost. 

So If I make my PS - MR 1 my main account and merge in my PC account, with every frame built, lots of mods and most weapons and many a sacrifice to the monster in the back, I forget his name... what will that do to a MR 1 account that barely has the ankle lock/bomb off his foot?

I could be wrong here, but I think you can make the PC account your main and then use it on your PS5. So you could merge your PS5 account into your PC account, but then still play on your PS5, but that's only if I'm understanding it correctly.

This is the thread I was thinking of making myself.  Here are my specific concerns.

Duplicate items and Mastery Rank - Do I get all the frames and weapons I made on both accounts excluding special exceptions.  Weapons I have already mastered on my alt and not my main.  Do I get that mastery? One specific instance I have nikana prime on the PC but not the main XBox.

Archon Shards -  I haven't missed a hunt on either account and did a bunch of Kahl missions (At least 3 months worth).  So between the two I have a bunch. Many in frames already. Will my alt's shards get thrown away?

Quest items - So ya Umbra.  I'm caught up on both accounts that means I would potentially have dupes of all quest items to date.  Do all items except, specific only one per account, get a second set. Broken scepter, broken war, Nataruk, xoris, rumblejack, sirrocco, sun and moon, and etc.  I don't expect to get two Umbras, Parascesis, and Skajati.  But I do have that on both accounts. 

Foundry Items - So I have a habit of leaving completed blueprints unclaimed in the foundry. Generally only one blueprint of a same type will be allowed.  So if I merge with the same item built on both accounts.  (i.e. Forma)  Will the one on the alt be destroyed in the process?

Also the dojo question as mentioned in the OP.  I built a solo dojo on my alt.  Mostly because I got kicked without notice from a clan I joined specifically to get clan research from.  All necessary rooms have been built.  Is there a way to keep this work when I do the merge?

Extra - Difter/Operator.  I'm assuming one will overwrite the other.  But I just would like confirmation on this. What about focus?  Do I get it back on the on the main in the way of shards like the rework did?

1 hour ago, (NSW)Nimisha said:

I could be wrong here, but I think you can make the PC account your main and then use it on your PS5. So you could merge your PS5 account into your PC account, but then still play on your PS5, but that's only if I'm understanding it correctly.

This is how I interpreted as well

13 hours ago, (NSW)Nimisha said:

No you are correct - that's how it works... that isn't my question though. I could make my MR27 my main account, merge in my baby ps5 account *but* what I want to know is if I could make the ps5 MR7 account my main and merge in my MR27 PC account, would I keep everything and just get to redo the quests in order, maybe the quests would auto complete and it would be pointless... but if not then could we re-aquire rewards? *or* would I lose all standing and operator points and other things (I forget the names of all the things and my MR7 ps5 account can't see them yet.) I'd just like a firm understanding of what we'd lose and what we'd keep would be cool... that said if they are not advising this path and it is not confirmed I won't risk it. I guess in a way I was looking at it like a "New Game+" kind of option... one where you already have all the things. More a nostalgic trip than challenging and then when I catch up and remember where I was at I could continue on.

Thinking on it more I think too much could go wrong, so I'll probably just keep it simple and make my PC account my main. I still think there needs to be a FAQ megathread that gets official answers for folks, even if it is a "please do not do that, we can't guarantee that weird scenario will work" kind of answers 

(edit: Also have a baby xbox account and didn't realize I had switched profiles /shrug - same guy as you quoted and responded to)

Edited by (XBOX)Morg2576

On 2023-11-25 at 9:50 PM, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

10p says they didn't even think about that -- kinda like how they forgot about Grendel missions when they did the Eximus rework.

That will be just another proof that Warframe is a bloated mess with all the isolated content even the devs forget what they are dealing with time to time.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Morg2576 said:

No you are correct - that's how it works... that isn't my question though. I could make my MR27 my main account, merge in my baby ps5 account *but* what I want to know is if I could make the ps5 MR7 account my main and merge in my MR27 PC account, would I keep everything and just get to redo the quests in order, maybe the quests would auto complete and it would be pointless... but if not then could we re-aquire rewards? *or* would I lose all standing and operator points and other things (I forget the names of all the things and my MR7 ps5 account can't see them yet.) I'd just like a firm understanding of what we'd lose and what we'd keep would be cool... that said if they are not advising this path and it is not confirmed I won't risk it. I guess in a way I was looking at it like a "New Game+" kind of option... one where you already have all the things. More a nostalgic trip than challenging and then when I catch up and remember where I was at I could continue on.

Thinking on it more I think too much could go wrong, so I'll probably just keep it simple and make my PC account my main. I still think there needs to be a FAQ megathread that gets official answers for folks, even if it is a "please do not do that, we can't guarantee that weird scenario will work" kind of answers 

(edit: Also have a baby xbox account and didn't realize I had switched profiles /shrug - same guy as you quoted and responded to)

I mean, we can sit here and theorize all day, and hope [DE] does make a longer thread, but I think you hit the nail on the head with staying on PC main...

"Keep it simple, expect problems, do not do anything risky"

I'm not blaming [DE] at all, this is a giant step and problems are just expected. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Coding this can't be easy at all, and I think everyone's best shot at making sure everything goes right is to simply not try and be an exceptional case. Keep it as easy as possible, and you should get through fine. But those who try to go a bit outside the box enter the land of dragons. So if you get fed to an Eidolon because you wanna make an MR3 account your main while adding two MR30s to it, that's kind of on you.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-24 at 10:15 PM, (NSW)Zodryn said:

• Log in days - does it use the primary account, whichever has more log in days, combine them, or something else?

• Riven merging - what happens if you have too many and it's over your limit/over the riven max? 

• Slots - do all purchased WF/weapon/companion/riven/etc slots get combined? Again what if you're at max riven slots?

• Solo clan dojo on secondary account - does it just disappear, do you get anything back?

Here's my thoughts.

Log in days probably won't merge as the potential of skipping over a milestone is nearly guaranteed. unless DE makes you sit and reselect a log in reward for every day added by the merge. Also you can log in on multiple platforms and get a login bonus on all of them right now so merging could create an account with a ridiculous log in if you have logged in many times on every platform. which the size of the rewards from that would be ridiculous.

Rivens might go 1 of 2 ways. either DE with whispers increases the max riven mod capacity to x4 the current on the back end, so in case a player who is full on rivens on all 4 currently available platforms deciding to merge wouldn't break anything. then later opening the purchased riven mod capacity to the new back end amount. Or DE could do a temporary riven mod capacity. so you don't lose any rivens but you can't gain any until you do some spring cleaning.

Or DE might do the unthinkable and nuke the rivens from the accounts merging into the primary especially since on Nintendo Switch there are accounts that migrated their PC account with rivens to the switch. meaning the merged account could have 2 exact copies of a riven. no matter what riven will be a mess. 

For gear slots I would imagine it would merge as simple as that. any warframe/weapon/companion/vehicle slots on accounts you merge into your primary should just be added to your account.

Solo Dojos created by accounts being subsumed into your primary will almost certainly disappear as that account technically no longer exists and if no one else is in a clan that clan vanishes. I forget if destroying rooms refunds resources or not but if it does nuking your dojo might be the way. That is if DE doesn't reimburse such cases in the end.

Those were my two cents.