The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinlok ammo

(NSW)Greybones

I’ve been running around leveling some weapons, one of which is the Grinlok, and I’m wondering if it needs 500+ offhand ammo?

I’m wondering if it could have that amount halved; I get that it’s like between a rifle and a sniper, but I feel like I’d have to sit there shooting for 5 minutes straight just to put a dent in the amount of offhand

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’ve been running around leveling some weapons, one of which is the Grinlok, and I’m wondering if it needs 500+ offhand ammo?

I’m wondering if it could have that amount halved; I get that it’s like between a rifle and a sniper, but I feel like I’d have to sit there shooting for 5 minutes straight just to put a dent in the amount of offhand

Since players apparently don't need the 540 ammo capacity on the Grinlok, I propose we remove the extra ammo from it and add the removed ammo capacity into the the Kuva Zarr, Kuva Bramma, Kuva Ogris and Tenet Envoy accordingly. We can probably leave the Grinlok at a comfortable 50 ammo capacity and donate the 490 to the other weapons. We could also do a christmas special and add some capacity to the Prisma Lenz too. Then we save some of this extra ammo capacity for future weapons that may need it.

"Ammo is like energy, it can never be destroyed, only transformed" - Albrecht Entraistein, 1999

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nms. said:

Since players apparently don't need the 540 ammo capacity on the Grinlok, I propose we remove the extra ammo from it and add the removed ammo capacity into the the Kuva Zarr, Kuva Bramma, Kuva Ogris and Tenet Envoy accordingly. We can probably leave the Grinlok at a comfortable 50 ammo capacity and donate the 490 to the other weapons. We could also do a christmas special and add some capacity to the Prisma Lenz too. Then we save some of this extra ammo capacity for future weapons that may need it.

"Ammo is like energy, it can never be destroyed, only transformed" - Albrecht Entraistein, 1999

or just manage your ammo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I am not seeing how this is a problem?

There are plenty of weapons with more meaningful ammo reserve issues that should be focused on first.

notably Lack of Ammo, this hurts players much more than having Extra Ammo.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I am not seeing how this is a problem?

There are plenty of weapons with more meaningful ammo reserve issues that should be focused on first.

notably Lack of Ammo, this hurts players much more than having Extra Ammo.

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed that I’m actually going in the opposite direction to Extra Ammo. I’m fine with the Ammo changes they did to AoE, but that’s because I can effectively use weapons like the Grinlok

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

A lot of weapons have way too much reserve ammo. Just treat it as effectively unlimited ammo, don't think too hard about it.

Yeah. I would like more of a reason to consider offhand ammo mods and for scenarios where ammo management is more of a concern; if you’ve got other weapons that have redundant amounts of ammo, I’m all ears and would be fine with adding them to the OP

2 hours ago, nms. said:

Since players apparently don't need the 540 ammo capacity on the Grinlok, I propose we remove the extra ammo from it and add the removed ammo capacity into the the Kuva Zarr, Kuva Bramma, Kuva Ogris and Tenet Envoy accordingly.

Pshh, why would Grinlok just give away reserve ammo to those weapons for free? An exchange of ammo for some of their damage though . . .

55 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Yeah. I would like more of a reason to consider offhand ammo mods and for scenarios where ammo management is more of a concern;

Just force yourself to wear a silly hat if you go below 450; pinch yourself mildly hard if you hit 400.  And so on, all the way down to doing a shot of chocolate tuna juice milk while plucking a nosehair if you run out.

Edited by Tiltskillet

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Just force yourself to wear a silly hat if you go below 450; pinch yourself mildly hard if you hit 400.  And so on, all the way down to doing a shot of chocolate tuna juice milk while plucking a nosehair if you run out.

I’d rather the game define the scenarios, because they can get pretty good when they happen for other weapons. If I wanted to not have to worry about ammo or gameplay, I’d go Meta

edit: Or if you got tips to achieve such a state, I’ll listen

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’d rather the game define the scenarios, because they can get pretty good when they happen for other weapons. If I wanted to not have to worry about ammo or gameplay, I’d go Meta

Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Or if you got tips to achieve such a state, I’ll listen

Play with Talons and no other weapons in Steel Path. Ammo problems and sweet bliss.

If you want something for the Grinny that won't take 45 minutes of tapping the fire button, you may be out of luck.  You could cut the ammo in about half with a very specific riven, but that'll still leave it with so much that running low would still be quite tedious, afaic.

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Play with Talons and no other weapons in Steel Path. Ammo problems and sweet bliss.

If you want something for the Grinny that won't take 45 minutes of tapping the fire button, you may be out of luck.  You could cut the ammo in about half with a very specific riven, but that'll still leave it with so much that running low would still be quite tedious, afaic.

Oh no, I meant tips for turning the game off. I got some ideas and already know ways, but I just threw “Meta” out there as a sort of catch-all for “Ways to turn the game off”, and I know it’s not a 100% accurate description in some cases

edit: No offense, but I’m not thinking you’re the best one to talk to about building to fight in a fun way; usually when someone brings it up they say things like “Just jump completely naked into SP and try to kill the bad guys while not aiming at them” or something. Far better to ask for ways to destroy everything than ways to fight

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

No offense, but I’m not thinking you’re the best one to talk to about building to fight in a fun way

Crap, I knew my reputation as a keen meta slave who wants to take all the challenge out of the game was going to come back to bite me some day.

Sad Lilo And Stitch GIF

17 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Crap, I knew my reputation as a keen meta slave who wants to take all the challenge out of the game was going to come back to bite me some day.

Sad Lilo And Stitch GIF

Are you… particularly versed in playing around with the various combinations of mods, weapons, Warframes, companions, Schools, gear items, Arcanes, and, crucially, content? If you’ve got actual suggestions to make, I’ll consider them, but I can’t remember whether it was you or someone else who found it too hard to change up a build, which can be kind of a crucial component to experiencing something other than massive overkill and cookieclicker gameplau

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sad Lilo And Stitch GIF

So you got some suggestions? If you’ve got something to prove, now’s the time to prove it. I’m looking for something that sits between Meta and… your initial suggestion of jumping into a mission and wasting ammo (which I think I’m going to need clarification on where the fun part is).

We got every combination of everything and everywhere to take it, maybe you’ll bring to the table something new

edit: Alternatively we could narrow it down to what I’ve most recently used that involves the Grinlok

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't know what kind of suggestions you're looking for.  You posted a thread in Weapon Feedback titled "Grinlok Ammo" about reducing the Grinlok's ammo pool, and now you're wanting what, exactly? 

Suggestions on ways to get a good fight, Tilt. You started with some suggestions on ways to address the innate huge amount of offhand ammo for the Grinlok, something I was asking DE to address because it’s a fundamental thing that comes with the gun and isn’t something I’m specifically building for or anything. Not sure I’d like doing what you suggested, but you seem like someone not afraid of a little fun, so maybe you could help me expand my view on ways to keep Warframe entertaining instead of sitting in the one build/loadout/way to play that can be fun in moderation but wears out its welcome if used too much in one sitting

Le 27/11/2023 à 22:53, (NSW)Greybones a dit :

I'm guessing it has this much because it's outdated as hell and DE forgot this weapon for good.

Just expect a 5/15 ammo capacity if it ever receives a Kuva variant.

Though to be fair I'd argue the Kuva Chakkhurr is the actual Kuva Grinlok in disguise. They're essentially the same kind of gun with the same mentality, except the Chacha has a boom boom.

6 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

I'm guessing it has this much because it's outdated as hell and DE forgot this weapon for good.

Just expect a 5/15 ammo capacity if it ever receives a Kuva variant.

Though to be fair I'd argue the Kuva Chakkhurr is the actual Kuva Grinlok in disguise. They're essentially the same kind of gun with the same mentality, except the Chacha has a boom boom.

I figure it’s low in priority, but if they rolled some kind of change to the offhand of the Grinlok (and potentially a bunch of other weapons that have way too much offhand) into a future general balance pass that inevitably addresses a bunch of stuff the greater community just does not engage with, that’d be good. I’m not looking for a Kuva variant or whatever, just a smaller ammo pool

• Like 1

On 2023-11-27 at 8:31 PM, (NSW)Greybones said:

I like the idea, though I think the Grinlok’s offhand would need to be reigned in to make the tradeoff an actual tradeoff

real tootin' Cowboy: +500% Multishot, removes Magainze, -90% Ammo Efficiency

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, taiiat said:

real tootin' Cowboy: +500% Multishot, removes Magainze, -90% Ammo Efficiency

I like the crazy, and that ammo debuff could be even stronger at 90% of an already-reduced offhand, or the 90% could be reduced to make it not as huge a drain if so desired. The important thing would be that the offhand is reigned in in the first place and ready to be manipulated by mods

8 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

The important thing would be that the offhand is reigned in in the first place and ready to be manipulated by mods

-90% would be kind rough if it had an Ammo Pool that made more sense, i based it off of 540 reserve.
more like -75% with a more suitable Ammo Pool.

37 minutes ago, taiiat said:

-90% would be kind rough if it had an Ammo Pool that made more sense, i based it off of 540 reserve.
more like -75% with a more suitable Ammo Pool.

Yeah. I dunno, there might be an emergent bit of interesting gameplay that could happen with juggling such a small reserve, but it’d probably take some obtuse experimentation to find out and 75% would probably make more sense.

If the foundation were better balanced, the mods could be too, and then it could go in the other direction by providing extra reserve (plus whatever effects) and it actually affects in-mission decision making instead of just being a redundant effect