The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders gear should not be locked to PC with Cross-save

Stormandreas

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

Unrelated, though I have to ask... why swap platform just to use a controller? PC has been able to use a controller the entire time due to Steam.

I didn't have a decent enough machine to run the game on smoothly for a long time. PS4 played it pretty good, now PS5 runs it fantastically

You'll only be able to use your Excal when playing on PC

Thanks for clarifying :) it still seems like a weird choice for them to make.

Ooh, getting in before the thread lock ^^

I don't see what's unclear about 'platform specific content is locked to that platform'. It's universal, all Xbox exclusive content stays on Xbox, all Playstation exclusive content stays on Playstation, and all PC exclusive content stays on PC.

Since the Founders pack was exclusive on PC, it stays on PC.

• Like 3

Interesting language in the guide....

Restrictions include Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch, platform exclusive skins that will not be available on PlayStation and certain PC exclusives.

Platform exclusive Skins like Opal Skins on Switch, Amethyst Skins from Discord, and Jade Skins on Xbox will not transfer to PlayStation during the One-Time Account Merge. In addition, PC exclusives such as the Phased Skins, Rubedo Skins, IAHGames Braton Skin and Rixty MOL skin will not be available on PlayStation. Conversely, PlayStation Obsidian Skins will not be available to use on platforms other than PlayStation.

Sounds like my jade skins will be available on both PC and Xbox but not PlayStation specifically? 

Also indicates that the restrictions are mostly dealing with legal matters between platforms. 

I hope there could be a compromise with founders' items. 

On 2023-12-05 at 8:09 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ooh, getting in before the thread lock ^^

I don't see what's unclear about 'platform specific content is locked to that platform'. It's universal, all Xbox exclusive content stays on Xbox, all Playstation exclusive content stays on Playstation, and all PC exclusive content stays on PC.

Since the Founders pack was exclusive on PC, it stays on PC.

Platform specific content does not belong in a full Crosssave environment, at least, not actual gameplay gear. Cosmetics, whatever, it's cosmetics. Not stuff that affects gameplay or can be used as gameplay items in any way. That is not a full cross-save system.

It's been 10 years, a whole decade. 3650 days. If people are complaining Founders was only on PC, they can get over it. If it weren't for founders, they wouldn't have the game in the first place.

I doubt this will be locked given that, the majority of people responding have also expressed confusion to this arbitrary restriction after all this time.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Interesting language in the guide....

Sounds like my jade skins will be available on both PC and Xbox but not PlayStation specifically? 

Also indicates that the restrictions are mostly dealing with legal matters between platforms. 

I hope there could be a compromise with founders' items. 

Yep, that's exactly how it is. Sony cosmetics aren't cross-save, but Xbox/PC/Switch ones are. That is a legal thing clearly, and is Sony being Sony (just like Nintendo being Nintendo with the plat restrictions).

The Founders stuff feels like Sony being Sony (they were the ones denying people using it in the first place). If so, DE could just do exactly as they are doing for the skins. Allow Excal, Lato and Skana prime on all platforms but Sony cause... Sony.

Founders Pack is PC exclusive, which was never on Console, so it should stay PC exclusive.

Also Technically, your PC Account is the only Founder Account, Console and upcoming Mobile versions for iOS and Android never had the Founders Pack option so they never get to be an Account with Founders Privilege.

Edited by xMarvin732
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Platform specific content does not belong in a full Cross save environment

This isn't a full Cross Save environment.

This is an experimental cross save situation with ten years of content already existing, and already having been platform specific.

To the best of my knowledge, no other game has ever even attempted something on this kind of scale.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Founders Pack is PC exclusive, which was never on Console, so it should stay PC exclusive.

Also Technically, your PC Account is the only Founder Account, Console and upcoming Mobile versions for iOS and Android never had the Founders Pack option so they never get to be an Account with Founders Privilege.

And yet Console and PC exclusive packs and skins, are not staying exclusive. Funny that.

Again, it's been 10 years. Anyone who is complaining about that can get over it. There's people playing the game today who couldn't even drink back then. Making some things cross-able and some things not (especially when it comes to gameplay items) is for 1 of 2 reasons. Legal reasons (like nintendo and sony butting in with the PS skin packs and Nintendo Plat), or arbitrary decisions to "respect" people.
The Founders gear being locked, has 0 reasoning given, making it look and feel Arbitrary, as it very likely is nowadays. This is not respectful at all considering founders are the entire reason Warframe exists today.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

This isn't a full Cross Save environment.

This is an experimental cross save situation with ten years of content already existing, and already having been platform specific.

To the best of my knowledge, no other game has ever even attempted something on this kind of scale.

Fortnite. Minecraft. Dauntless. Paladins. Smite. Apex (recently).

1 minute ago, Stormandreas said:

And yet Console and PC exclusive packs and skins, are not staying exclusive. Funny that.

i mean.... the news page says otherwise.

found here

https://www.warframe.com/news/cross-platform-save

Q: Are there any restricted Items that will not be combined during the One-Time Account Merge?

"Yes. Restrictions include Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch, platform exclusive skins that will not be available on PlayStation and certain PC exclusives."

"Platform exclusive Skins like Opal Skins on Switch, Amethyst Skins from Discord, and Jade Skins on Xbox will not transfer to PlayStation during the One-Time Account Merge. In addition, PC exclusives such as the Phased Skins, Rubedo Skins, IAHGames Braton Skin and Rixty MOL skin will not be available on PlayStation. Conversely, PlayStation Obsidian Skins will not be available to use on platforms other than PlayStation.

Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime will be locked to PC."

in your own words

4 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Anyone who is complaining about that can get over it.

• Like 2

Fortnite. Minecraft. Dauntless. Paladins. Smite. Apex (recently).

Built. Into. The. Game. From. The. Start. (Apart from Minecraft, but that's server based, so it's a matter of accessing specific servers instead of crossing Accounts.)

Name any one of them that got to 10 years before they implemented Cross Play, let alone Cross Save.

That's literally what I'm talking about.

None of these games got to ten years of constantly updated and still-being-updated content before they implemented Cross Play, and then had to wait nearly a full year before they were able to try Cross Save.

No game has attempted this. Not to my knowledge.

You are looking at genuine net-code open heart surgery here.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Built. Into. The. Game. From. The. Start. (Apart from Minecraft, but that's server based, so it's a matter of accessing specific servers instead of crossing Accounts.)

No. They. Were. Not.

1 hour ago, xMarvin732 said:

i mean.... the news page says otherwise.

found here

https://www.warframe.com/news/cross-platform-save

Q: Are there any restricted Items that will not be combined during the One-Time Account Merge?

"Yes. Restrictions include Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch, platform exclusive skins that will not be available on PlayStation and certain PC exclusives."

"Platform exclusive Skins like Opal Skins on Switch, Amethyst Skins from Discord, and Jade Skins on Xbox will not transfer to PlayStation during the One-Time Account Merge. In addition, PC exclusives such as the Phased Skins, Rubedo Skins, IAHGames Braton Skin and Rixty MOL skin will not be available on PlayStation. Conversely, PlayStation Obsidian Skins will not be available to use on platforms other than PlayStation.

Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime will be locked to PC."

in your own words

"Platform exclusive Skins like Opal Skins on Switch, Amethyst Skins from Discord, and Jade Skins on Xbox will not transfer to PlayStation during the One-Time Account Merge. In addition, PC exclusives such as the Phased Skins, Rubedo Skins, IAHGames Braton Skin and Rixty MOL skin will not be available on PlayStation. Conversely, PlayStation Obsidian Skins will not be available to use on platforms other than PlayStation."

This is Sony being Sony. They're known for this. This is not a reason that DE should be arbitrarily locking gameplay gear.

23 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

"Platform exclusive Skins like Opal Skins on Switch, Amethyst Skins from Discord, and Jade Skins on Xbox will not transfer to PlayStation during the One-Time Account Merge. In addition, PC exclusives such as the Phased Skins, Rubedo Skins, IAHGames Braton Skin and Rixty MOL skin will not be available on PlayStation. Conversely, PlayStation Obsidian Skins will not be available to use on platforms other than PlayStation."

This is Sony being Sony. They're known for this. This is not a reason that DE should be arbitrarily locking gameplay gear.

the Founders pack was only for purchase on PC so Excalibur Prime, Skana and Lato Prime are only available on PC.

Founders Pack with the primes are not going to be available with Cross Save, that was the case when doing the Save Transfer from PC to PS4, Xbox and Switch.

you have Excalibur Umbra you can use with Skiajati.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

the Founders pack was only for purchase on PC so Excalibur Prime, Skana and Lato Prime are only available on PC.

Founders Pack with the primes are not going to be available with Cross Save, that was the case when doing the Save Transfer from PC to PS4, Xbox and Switch.

you have Excalibur Umbra you can use with Skiajati.

Switch Opal skins are only available for purchase on Switch. Will be available on everything but PS.
Xbox Jade skins are only available for purchase on Xbox. Will be available on everything but PS.

Your point?

Excal umbra is buggy AF honestly (and Pablo has confirmed they aren't going to fix him). Skiajati is not the same as a SkanaP or LatoP, namely in the sake of Rivens and Incarnons.

This is still gameplay items being locked. This is the problem. Skins? Whatever, it's cosmetics, none of that affects gameplay. Anything that does affect or can be used for gameplay, is a problem for being locked.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

This is still gameplay items being locked. This is the problem. Skins? Whatever, it's cosmetics, none of that affects gameplay. Anything that does affect or can be used for gameplay, is a problem for being locked.

Excalibur is still there with Skana and Lato.

And its not locked, you still have it on PC

its exclusive to PC, the pack was never available on console, no need to allow it to transfer to console then either.

Edited by xMarvin732
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

its exclusive to PC, the pack was never available on console, no need to allow it to transfer to console then either.

With this logic, none of the Console exclusive skins should be available when playing on PC or any other console then, yet, that is exactly what's happening (other than sony being sony).

It's insanely inconsistent, and favours retaining old outdated logic that does not work in a fully Cross-save/progression environment.

• Like 5

On 2023-12-06 at 2:37 PM, xMarvin732 said:

it wasnt pc exclusive as warframe wasnt on any other platform so you cant use that argument. It was just a bonus for supporting the game. I have been waiting for cross save to merge or copy my account to my sony account. I would like everything i paid for including my founders stuff

Edited by 8bitForLife
  • Like 3

Red Tape likely.

This is from Waybackmachine Feb 7th 2013.

a.     THE USE/SERVICE, THE GAME, THE WEBSITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.

Because it was only available on PC. That cannot be changed. Even changing stats on the items is a grey area.

18 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Excal umbra is buggy AF honestly (and Pablo has confirmed they aren't going to fix him). Skiajati is not the same as a SkanaP or LatoP, namely in the sake of Rivens and Incarnons.

Just use Prisma Skana Incarnon instead, its miles better than SkanaP 😁

Sad to see they'll never fix Umbra since I get a lot of complaints since I play Excalibur a lot (>60% usage). There are end game viable builds that shouldn't break while using Umbra though.

I imagine with Excalibur Prime the "old code" would involve potentially breaking the Warframe and weapons, so its probably not worth attempting to fix with how many problems it could cause for such a small % of the community. My guess would be sub 1%, if not 0.1% of the community that all that extra work would affect, let alone how many Founders who actually touch a console.

1 hour ago, Agall said:

Sad to see they'll never fix Umbra since I get a lot of complaints since I play Excalibur a lot (>60% usage). There are end game viable builds that shouldn't break while using Umbra though.

Was there a new bug or something I didn't notice cuz Excal was in a bad place before Adaptation and after Blind LoS changes.

Umber used to turn off Exalted Blade if you used Operator mode which killed the frame for me as I was not a projectile exalted user.
I liked building combo and Slash Dash like a truck. I noticed they tweaked Dash since I last played. It hits the first target well, others not so much.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Was there a new bug or something I didn't notice cuz Excal was in a bad place before Adaptation and after Blind LoS changes.

Umber used to turn off Exalted Blade if you used Operator mode which killed the frame for me as I was not a projectile exalted user.
I liked building combo and Slash Dash like a truck. I noticed they tweaked Dash since I last played. It hits the first target well, others not so much.

Slash Dash does guaranteed slash procs now which is endgame viable, just run into the problem of only being health immune at high levels. That's corrected by using guaranteed immunities like Vazarin, Unairu, or [Rolling Guard], since you can break slash dash with a roll. I do it by using Unairu immunity, then Slash Dash for +4 seconds till I get shield gate to get an immunity window to hop back in Operator to repeat. Otherwise for SP, a full set of umbra mods is enough defensives to stay alive comfortably.

For Slash Dash, since its a pseudo exalted, you pretty much use either Ceramic Dagger, Magistar, or Prisma Skana Incarnons for the baseline +CC%. Magistar is the best with its +CD but I use Skana since its a far better actual melee weapon, especially with [Iron Phoenix]'s neutral slash procs. For a full min-maxed Prisma Skana Incarnon, the slash procs are ~110k baseline, Magistar are double at ~220k, which obviously scales to insane levels with viral status on the target. I even run only 177% strength on it. Ack & Brunt Incarnon works great on it as well since it has the combo counter pause function and the +17% CC is good enough. Rivens are cheap for it too.

Edited by Agall

22 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

No. They. Were. Not.

Yes. They were. By the simple fact of being Dedicated Server format. All they had to do was create the client side access for the different platforms.

Do you have no comprehension of how this actually works? How the different platforms access both their own systems and DE's servers, and how Peer To Peer services are so very different from the Dedicated Servers that those other games function on, on top of how registering accounts as platform specific in the first place was not only mandatory, but necessary for the basic net-code of Warframe's running...

I find it genuinely weird how you can have that Grand Master tag and not have looked into how the game works at any time previously. Then again, only 18 posts on the Forums (as of my reply here) really does go to show that you don't take an interest.

• Like 1

well then I am unclear why people do not just choose to make there PC account primary.  It will move the stuff to the PC account.  Then since that is primary you can log in with that on all the platforms.

And aside from a few story missions being solo only....you can still play with other players.

I mention this last bit because i recall someone on another post saying they stopped with PC to play warframe on playstation with their son.

I read the FAQ as well, but i am curious as to what exactly is transferd,

For example: do the warframes from the other accounts you used get transferd over too?

IE will we suddenly have multiple copies of our frames.

Also their is a riven maximum amount we can have, so what happens to all the extras?

or do they simply get deleted?

The FAQ says a lot, but does not answer some interesting questions I am curious about.

Also what if you do not want to merge, will you then need to select the account at your login screen you wish to use?

If people merge to PC they'll keep their Excalibur Prime, yes.

But they won't be able to use it on other platform, for no apparent reason. That's what we are complaining about, it seems arbitrary.

For everything else there are "good" reasons, console being consoles, they don't want their exclusive gear (or logo) to appear on other platforms. For Tennogen, it's an economic reason, buying them on console is cheap (You buy with plat you can get from trade) but not on PC (You have to pay real money only). So they prevent use on different platforms.

Also, everything mention is cosmetic, only cosmetics.

Founder gears are playable items AND made by DE and they are (from what we know) the only one to decide whether or not to allow it. So from what it seems it's an arbitrary decision that just prevent us to enjoy our founders gear on other platform. 

And we could argue it's because the skin is not even available in other platform's build, that may have been true in the past, but now console player will be able to play with PC player, so they will normally see the skin in game = it's in their build too.

Anyway, it's sad and I feel disrespected with that, I waited SO long to finally be able to play on my PS5 or soon on iOS. But now it's clear that cross save is not for us Founders.. :( 

I would even prefer the Founder pack to release for ALL than not being able to enjoy cross save.

• Like 2

On 2023-12-06 at 10:37 PM, xMarvin732 said:

No this  is a horseS#&$ excuse. 

My pc #*!%in died, I been waiting years to finally have my stuff back, and now it feels like we are being punished for being founders (again).  

Claiming its sony sounds off too, considering the context. Theres no reason sony would block it.

Only the frame n weps are being blocked. You still keep your excal prime profile pic, starnode, and sigil, all which weren't on psn, so what's the excuse there?

Time and time again DE constantly S#&$ on the founders. It's clear they dont care about or want us around. Just add this to the pile of reasons to quit n leave them behind.

• Like 1