Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So why were the individual music themes of the faction assassins removed?

Hexerin

I've just now become aware that once upon a time, each of the faction assassins (Stalker, Zanuka Hunter, Grustrag Three) used to have themes that would play when they were hunting you. These apparently have been removed, and I'm curious if DE ever stated reason(s) for that?

33 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Because they die way too fast for the track to overwrite the stage's.

Pretty much. You don't get to even hear the first note, they get ganked so quickly.not that their themes are that good IMO, Archons have the best battle music.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

Huh.

I’m guessing not many people cared in the first place for any sort of chance to give enemies their moment to do… anything, really. Even theme music is just another metric to determine just how fast a thing gets obliterated, where success is determined by the lack of theme music. Not sure why DE would have removed it (probably a bug), but I can see why they just haven’t gotten around to re-implementing it.

🤔 This does make me realise that it’s been a proper long time since I’ve been hunted, and am not sure why it’s been so rare

Now I know why I've never heard it, music is the first thing I always turn off in any game, I find it distracting, and rarely I like to listen to my own, example Evanescence while playing the game Pain Killer.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

🤔 This does make me realise that it’s been a proper long time since I’ve been hunted, and am not sure why it’s been so rare

You get marked when killing bosses and doing Invasion missions.

6 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I prefer the Void Angel's.

The Void Angels from Zariman, and the Orowyrm from Duviri, are examples of how DE should be doing boss fights. So epic, make you feel like you're actually fighting something with actual strength. The Orowyrm especially, because of their sound design (the super deep and heavy mechanical sounds, the constant BOOM BOOM BOOM as they charge up their attacks, you having to actually scale them... man, I could go on).

That being said. The Void Angels resonate much stronger with me than they would for most others, for one very simple reason:

Spoiler

God, I miss that game. It's really a shame that SCHTHACK went down.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

This does make me realise that it’s been a proper long time since I’ve been hunted, and am not sure why it’s been so rare

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

To be more clear:

• Completing Assassination nodes on the star chart will get you marked by Stalker (or Shadow Stalker, if you're story progressed).
  • Completing FIVE Invasion nodes (only counts if you fully complete all three missions in the node) will get you marked by:
    • Siding with Grineer against Corpus will get you marked by Zanuka Hunter.
    • Siding with Corpus against Grineer will get you marked by Grustrag Three.
    • Infested invasions do nothing.

Personally, I feel like Zanuka Hunter and Grustrag Three should mark you if you complete a single node, like how Assassination works with Stalker. It sucks how you have to do so many invasions just to get a single mark...

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Now I know why I've never heard it, music is the first thing I always turn off in any game, I find it distracting, and rarely I like to listen to my own, example Evanescence while playing the game Pain Killer.

general-zod-heresy-man-of-steel-superman

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

To be more clear:

• Completing Assassination nodes on the star chart will get you marked by Stalker (or Shadow Stalker, if you're story progressed).
  • Completing FIVE Invasion nodes (only counts if you fully complete all three missions in the node) will get you marked by:

Personally, I feel like Zanuka Hunter and Grustrag Three should mark you if you complete a single node, like how Assassination works with Stalker. It sucks how you have to do so many invasions just to get a single mark...

Yeah that, just more detailed.  :wink:

I might try the music on low to see what you are getting at, though I like to hear the actual gameplay sounds with all the enemies dying around me. :devil:

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yeah that, just more detailed.  :wink:

I might try the music on low to see what you are getting at, though I like to hear the actual gameplay sounds with all the enemies dying around me. :devil:

Just to be clear, I posted that gif in jest. If you prefer to listen to your own music, of course have at it.

All my life, I've been an enthusiast for music in all its forms. Probably a byproduct of my father raising me on music, from listening to classical masterpieces to having me learn several instruments (piano was my personal favorite to learn and perform on). So I end up really appreciating games that have great OSTs (like Warframe does), as it really enriches the experience of what you're doing in the game.

Like seriously, Kuva Fortress just wouldn't be the same without this exceptionally powerful ambient track:

Spoiler

Just one example of so many in this game.

• Like 1

They started copyright claiming peoples gameplay... well, I say "they" but specifically the Corpus and the Zanuka theme, but they also tried to claim ownership of several Grineer themes as well. Stalker is a bit more complicated, apparently Stalker had a court case battle with Marvin Gaye and lost or something. 

To be more serious though, yeah, I wish those themes were still around. One easy fix, at least for Zanuka and Grustrag, is just have them spawn in a nearby room, and have them "hunt" the player, and or even have their theme start before they spawn, so players don't kill them fast enough. Build up a slight bit more tension, let us hear a rare theme, etc Yeah they will still die fast, but will be a bit more interesting. 

Could also give them a slight buff too, maybe give them overguard or something, since they are relatively rare. 

8 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Like seriously, Kuva Fortress just wouldn't be the same without this exceptionally powerful ambient track:

I have that track and a few others on my Ipod, for when I go on long walks or runs. Warframe has some seriously great tracks/themes. 

15 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I’m aware, I’ve been marked for ages though and Stalker just hasn’t appeared. 🤔 Even the factions aren’t sending their kill squads.

Probably too embarassed to be whooped and they can’t blame the gear difference. More seriously though I wonder if there’s like a hidden mechanic surrounding their likelihood to appear…?

edit: Hm. Looking through the wiki it seems like it’s just really low chance of appearing

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Interesting, turns out that it's actually not node completion for Stalker. He'll mark you so long as you kill the boss, doesn't matter if you then successfully complete the mission (can literally just abandon after the kill). Found this out just now. Instagibbed Tyl Regor when he spawned, skipping his entire fight... but also bugging the doors in his room, preventing them from unlocking. After returning to my Orbiter (had to abandon the mission, obviously), got the mark message in my inbox from Stalker.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Interesting, turns out that it's actually not node completion for Stalker. He'll mark you so long as you kill the boss, doesn't matter if you then successfully complete the mission (can literally just abandon after the kill). Found this out just now. Instagibbed Tyl Regor when he spawned, skipping his entire fight... but also bugging the doors in his room, preventing them from unlocking. After returning to my Orbiter (had to abandon the mission, obviously), got the mark message in my inbox from Stalker.

They don't care if you fail, they're still coming for you. :devil:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malikili said:

I’m going to be very honest with you, I can’t hear poop on a normal mission, much less a boss mission, when their corpses are still talking. 

Whenever I do Disruption missions I turn off Transmissions Volume in options so I don't hear them dribbling on with crap while trying to listen for the Demo unit.

PS My music is now off again, too distracting.

Just now, Slayer-. said:

Whenever I do Disruption missions I turn off Transmissions Volume in options so I don't hear them dribbling on with crap while trying to listen for the Demo unit.

PS My music is now off again, too distracting.

Was referring to before that “faithful day” when I could actually hear anything in Warframe. The demo unit idea is quite smart ngl, I should try that when cross save happens. It’s under sound effects right? 

Currently have everything off except for Ordis because of an audio glitch. It’s been a year or two now :’)

On 2023-12-03 at 5:43 PM, Hexerin said:

The Void Angels from Zariman, and the Orowyrm from Duviri, are examples of how DE should be doing boss fights. So epic, make you feel like you're actually fighting something with actual strength. The Orowyrm especially, because of their sound design (the super deep and heavy mechanical sounds, the constant BOOM BOOM BOOM as they charge up their attacks, you having to actually scale them... man, I could go on).

That being said. The Void Angels resonate much stronger with me than they would for most others, for one very simple reason:

Reveal hidden contents

God, I miss that game. It's really a shame that SCHTHACK went down.

To be more clear:

orowyrm fight is made even more epic w/ the bgm for it

4 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Was referring to before that “faithful day” when I could actually hear anything in Warframe. The demo unit idea is quite smart ngl, I should try that when cross save happens. It’s under sound effects right? 

Currently have everything off except for Ordis because of an audio glitch. It’s been a year or two now :’)

Hit ESC and click Options - Audio - Transmissions Volume slider.