The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let founders be able to purchase another Excalibur Prime noggle

0phiuchus

Kinda wish I could get a 2nd (or more) Excalibur Prime noggle for 1 Regal Aya from Varzia Dax or either a different method.

Want to place a 2nd one here in my Prime noggle collection that's in order of release.
From bottom to top, left to right (did it this way so it's easier to place new ones further in the back/top)

NDt9t40.jpg

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I see the logic, since all the other prime goggles can be purchased more than once from Varzia with regal aya, it makes sense to allow Founders the opportunity to purchase more from her.

I wouldn't see the harm in just letting anyone buy them for Regal Aya. Prime Noggles are only given now when buying Prime Access. The Vault is gone, so the purchase is completely separate anyways. The Excalibur Prime noggle was simply a gesture to Founders when they introduced Prime Noggles. It was never "part" of the Founders package.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I wouldn't see the harm in just letting anyone buy them for Regal Aya. Prime Noggles are only given now when buying Prime Access. The Vault is gone, so the purchase is completely separate anyways. The Excalibur Prime noggle was simply a gesture to Founders when they introduced Prime Noggles. It was never "part" of the Founders package.

That makes sense. I'd love to buy a few to place in the Orbiter and Dojo, etc.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

It ended up being part of the founder packs, without buying a founder pack you were never able to get the excalibur prime noggle.

So it should still be locked only for founders, after all the frame stays unobtainable for non founders so everything connected to it should be that way too.

3 hours ago, 0phiuchus said:

It ended up being part of the founder packs, without buying a founder pack you were never able to get the excalibur prime noggle.

So it should still be locked only for founders, after all the frame stays unobtainable for non founders so everything connected to it should be that way too.

With that attitude, enjoy only having a single noggle. You didn't buy multiples of the Founder packs, and by your definition, it's only related to that pack, which is never sold again. :)

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Voltage said:

With that attitude, enjoy only having a single noggle. You didn't buy multiples of the Founder packs, and by your definition, it's only related to that pack, which is never sold again. :)

Upset because somebody stated something that you didn't like and didn't wanted to hear?

Also a fun fact from me to you, I DID buy multiple founder packs.
Bought the cheapest and upgraded it each month after that up till Grand Master, so I bought all 4 of them.

Edited by 0phiuchus

35 minutes ago, 0phiuchus said:

Upset because somebody stated something that you didn't like and didn't wanted to hear?

Also a fun fact from me to you, I DID buy multiple founder packs.
Bought the cheapest and upgraded it each month after that up till Grand Master, so I bought all 4 of them.

Doesn't "upgrading" subtract the difference? 

The reason I responded the way I did is because of your attitude that we should get this feature but only for Founders. Other Prime Noggles can be purchased by anyone, regardless if they previously purchased the Warframe through Prime Access. Excalibur Prime Noggle was a generous bonus for the legacy way Prime Noggles were handled. If they're adding an avenue to buy multiple, then it should be congruent with the way current Prime Noggles work.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Doesn't "upgrading" subtract the difference? 

The reason I responded the way I did is because of your attitude that we should get this feature but only for Founders. Other Prime Noggles can be purchased by anyone, regardless if they previously purchased the Warframe through Prime Access. Excalibur Prime Noggle was a generous bonus for the legacy way Prime Noggles were handled. If they're adding an avenue to buy multiple, then it should be congruent with the way current Prime Noggles work.

It does indeed substract the difference when you upgrade.

Also what do you mean with "your attitude"? I only state the obvious that the Excalibur Prime noggle which was given to founders to be only be purchased by founders for owning the prime frame. It wouldn't make much sense if non founders are able to get that prime noggle just because it was a "bonus" for founders.

You call that an attitude? Maybe it's time for you to get a reality check and stop calling others having an attitude just because they disagree with you.

The fact that you can't buy multiple Excal Prime Noggles is somehow surprising, yet not surprising at the same time.

Like... who's it hurting really? The Founders who already bought the packages?
DE, they're trying to give you more money here.
I don't think it'd be that much of a huge obstacle, really.

Oh well, I have plenty of things I WOULD spend money on for this game myself.
... but they either make it way too bloated with items to mark up the price needlessly OR simply just don't sell it at all.
Like,  maybe I'll get the Prime Armors... but only when I feel like DE deserves it since the only one I can think of for "want" is the Targis Prime set. The rest I can safely ignore.

I wouldn't mind some of the older 3rd-party skins (Verv, Iridos, etc, etc.) coming back into Prime Resurgence.
Hell, they already have the Liset Spektaka Skin in there.
So I doubt it's an issue of legality, more that DE just doesn't want to for whatever reason.

DE, I don't understand how you keep doing this. It can't be intentional, yet it can't be by mistake either.
How are you- as a company- so paradoxical in all the worst ways?

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's comments like these that remind me that the world will never truly change for the better.

While I'm not a huge fan of exclusives- especially paid ones- the explanation behind why Excal Prime makes it a lot more acceptable.
One we all know by now, I'm sure.
There is no reason they can't put additional noggles in there, none that are rational anyway.

Honestly, I'd put more of that attitude into things like the Update Bundles or the infamous Heirloom Pack.
Both of which are FOMO but outright require IRL funds and are bloated with things you don't want.

The only reason for THAT is trying to coerce cash from panic. It's unacceptable, considering there's far better monetization.
Monetization of which has existed for a long while now, all of which is relatively justified to a degree.

3 hours ago, 0phiuchus said:

On the forums?! In 2023?!
IN WARFRAME?!

Well, that's not redundant to say at all!~

... seriously though, these forums are infamous for people shutting down things like it's Twitter-lite.
It ain't getting any better, either. You ready for the hellscape that follows? I'm not.

2 hours ago, Binket_ said:

It's comments like these that remind me that the world will never truly change for the better.

OP makes this thread asking for extra Excalibur Prime noggles. OP then asks for this feature to only be for Founders, even though that's not how Prime noggles work. The original Founders package never incorporated Excalibur Prime noggles. This was a feature added later on for Prime, Vault, and Founder Access purchases. I payed extra to purchase several Prime Vaults to get my Prime noggles. DE changed the system with Prime Resurgence. Now you need to buy them separately. This is how it is, and I don't feel it would be fair if I had the opportunity to buy Ember Prime noggles whenever I want because I am an "original Vault purchaser", and everyone else would need to wait for an Ember Prime rotation of Prime Resurgence. The only complimentary noggles are for purchasing the Warframe through Prime Access, which is only one noggle. The Founders package is no different in this aspect.

Think of it like this. If a Founder was allowed to purchase a second Excalibur Prime, then that option should then be available for everyone else as you're reselling the Founder item. Reselling a Founder item, but only for a Founder is still rereleasing the item in question. The noggle was originally given through the same script that extended to everyone else who purchased other Prime Accesses.

It's silly to further isolate and separate Founders from everyone else. Yes, they were the original backers of the game. Yes, we should honor their financial gamble and not re-release the original packages. The best way to honor and respect players is to treat Excalibur Prime like every other Prime Access, but with the small asterisk of respecting the original backers that necessitates that exclusivity for trust's sake. However, it's been 10 years now, and Founders aren't what keep the game afloat in the last 9 years. Their initial investment is what jump-started the decade long success story, but their significance now is no more than your average player. It's important to have this distinction, as it becomes a mess when you further divide players like we saw in 100+ pages regarding the Heirlooms. The largest mistake with the Heirlooms package is the exclusivity and symbolism of separation it causes. Warframe's bread and butter is accessibility, and dividing players based on when they've made financial decisions is horrendous.

I am all for giving a Founder the ability to get extra noggles. However, that feature has to extend to everyone else, because that is how Prime Noggles work, and a Founder is no different than the average player. With this in mind, I do have a problem with the fact DE will not allow Founders gear to cross-save. That is a mistake, and a disservice to Founders for the same reason (but in the other direction).

If you want a feature, but only for Founders, then yeah, that entitlement deserves to be met with a sarcastic "enjoy your singular copy :)".

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Founders sure are begging a lot lately.. you got what you paid for, enough with the extra candy. 

What are you talking about? I only ask for a feature to let me be able to buy more Excalibur Prime noggles that's not begging.

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

OP makes this thread asking for extra Excalibur Prime noggles. OP then asks for this feature to only be for Founders, even though that's not how Prime noggles work. The original Founders package never incorporated Excalibur Prime noggles. This was a feature added later on for Prime, Vault, and Founder Access purchases. I payed extra to purchase several Prime Vaults to get my Prime noggles. DE changed the system with Prime Resurgence. Now you need to buy them separately. This is how it is, and I don't feel it would be fair if I had the opportunity to buy Ember Prime noggles whenever I want because I am an "original Vault purchaser", and everyone else would need to wait for an Ember Prime rotation of Prime Resurgence. The only complimentary noggles are for purchasing the Warframe through Prime Access, which is only one noggle. The Founders package is no different in this aspect.

Think of it like this. If a Founder was allowed to purchase a second Excalibur Prime, then that option should then be available for everyone else as you're reselling the Founder item. Reselling a Founder item, but only for a Founder is still rereleasing the item in question. The noggle was originally given through the same script that extended to everyone else who purchased other Prime Accesses.

It's silly to further isolate and separate Founders from everyone else. Yes, they were the original backers of the game. Yes, we should honor their financial gamble and not re-release the original packages. The best way to honor and respect players is to treat Excalibur Prime like every other Prime Access, but with the small asterisk of respecting the original backers that necessitates that exclusivity for trust's sake. However, it's been 10 years now, and Founders aren't what keep the game afloat in the last 9 years. Their initial investment is what jump-started the decade long success story, but their significance now is no more than your average player. It's important to have this distinction, as it becomes a mess when you further divide players like we saw in 100+ pages regarding the Heirlooms. The largest mistake with the Heirlooms package is the exclusivity and symbolism of separation it causes. Warframe's bread and butter is accessibility, and dividing players based on when they've made financial decisions is horrendous.

I am all for giving a Founder the ability to get extra noggles. However, that feature has to extend to everyone else, because that is how Prime Noggles work, and a Founder is no different than the average player. With this in mind, I do have a problem with the fact DE will not allow Founders gear to cross-save. That is a mistake, and a disservice to Founders for the same reason (but in the other direction).

If you want a feature, but only for Founders, then yeah, that entitlement deserves to be met with a sarcastic "enjoy your singular copy :)".

Demanding something that you have no right to in the first place is entitlement.

18 minutes ago, Voltage said:

OP makes thread this asking for extra Excalibur Prime noggles. OP then asks for this feature to only be for Founders, even though that's not how Prime noggles work. The original Founders package never incorporated Excalibur Prime noggles. This was a feature ad--

Buddy.
It's called "Quality of Life".
... or at the very least, "being accommodating".

All OP was asking for was to buy more of a digital good.
One of which they already have access to.

That is like... the bare minimum of what to ask for.

Personally? I wouldn't give a single damned thought about such noggles becoming widely available.
I had a good friend buy me the Tennocon 2019 digital ticket. I still think there should be an option to get an armor set LIKE it because it's really nice.
When I use the parts from said Tennocon 2019 Armor Set, I have to explain to people "Sadly, you can't get this anymore" and I don't derive any joy from that.
I'm not one to be selfish like that. It comes off as vain and conceited, especially when it comes to digital goods.

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This is how it is, and I don't feel it would be fair if I had the opportunity to buy Ember Prime noggles whenever I want because I am an "original Vault purchaser"

... so because you had a lack of foresight to see the possibility of purchasing them in bulk as an option, you now say "It's impossible to change it now, because vain pride"?

Look, it's not like you lack reason to be angry about it-- but not everyone is paying that much for a glorified gilded bobblehead.
That's dedicated for the folks who WAY too much disposable income and spend it in a... let's call it "hazardous" way.

I'm not saying such an option would've been a guaranteed yes or no-- but in that exact uncertainty is what should sway your decision.
Is paying this much for one item REALLY a good idea? ... or can we find a better alternative.

32 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The best way to honor and respect players is to treat Excalibur Prime like every other Prime Access, but with the small asterisk of respecting the original backers that necessitates that exclusivity for trust's sake.

Perhaps maybe the system- in it's conception- has a flaw.

There's SO many faults to humanity and it's machinations- big or small- that originate from such "nuanced flaws".
One could even say every error a person is going to make is due to some flaw in a system. Outside of their control or not.

It is why people must keep an open mind to what COULD be and what IS to be.
People often only see what "is", never "could".
Maybe the "could" won't ever happen-- but it's important to learn from it regardless.

There's a reason the term "Truth and Ideals" go in hand-in-hand.
Truthfully, the system necessitates that only ONE Noggle goes to a player. Thus is what was stated and shall be such.
Ideally, the system needs to update itself. What worked before won't work forever, so contingencies must be made.

Inversely...
Truthfully, changing the system benefits far more people with a net positive.
Ideally, you'll want to keep some prestige in there however.

I believe the "prestige" still maintains itself.
You still have to buy the Noggle, simply allowing players to buy them freely- Excalibur Prime or not- would benefit DE and many players alike.
Currency is spent regardless. It's a manner of "fairness" to those who wish to buy them with a more rationality behind it.
There is not much effort otherwise in obtaining besides showing up. It's a digital good however, so there's a theoretically infinite stock to use.

It's the same idea as to why many players dislike the Heirloom Pack. It was unfairly priced in a very obvious manner to prey upon the customer.
They did not NEED to do that, they did it in selfish interest. Greed.
It is fine to ask for something in return, that is respecting one's self-worth.
It is NOT FINE to ask for so much effort for so little reward that it becomes unjust.

Exclusivity is simply using that notion of "so little reward" as a perversion of charity.
To give simply on the notion that you'll be respected automatically, not because of the notion behind it.

It's a balancing act. Everything in life is, that's why life itself is so complicated.
The stuff I'm saying though isn't that "deep", but I'd rather say it elegantly rather than devolve into insults.
Not that I'm opposed to such, I can very well do so if needed.

26 minutes ago, 0phiuchus said:

Demanding something that you have no right to in the first place is entitlement.

There is also the notion of "sharing".

A "sense of superiority" is often intoxicating, especially when it's earned through manipulation, brutality or- in this case- money.
Very rarely is that notion justified. Even when it is, it can come off as "cocky" or "arrogant".

Sometimes that's unavoidable, but it must not be ignored.
Sharing can often humble a person, in one way or another.

It's not manipulation if it's generally respected both ways. When people are put on pedestals, drama ensues-- wanted or not.
Might makes right, but it must be tempered. Else it goes unchecked into "Tyranny".
Money however... money is rarely used well. Greed is a very powerful sin for a good reason.

In this case? We know the story behind Founders. We (for the most part) accept it.
They took a risk and it paid off, if the risk was calculated or by sheer luck?
The game wouldn't be around without it either way.

This is merely a cautionary word to not let it get to your head, however.
I'm sure you don't need to be reminded, but it remains to be seen.