Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

Just now, (XBOX)Rachnus said:

I cannot believe I fell asleep and missed the test phase, I feel so unbelievably idiotic right now, I hope y'all can at least enjoy the fruits of being awake and aware while I wail in agony lol

I was napping too til 2 pm est but woke up early but missed the 'drip gate' too.

Il y a 7 heures, (PSN)MvS3G4TT0_NSQV a dit :

I'm getting confused, is this grandel prime access stop really safe? can you buy and be able to merge the account?? or not? I have a PC account created two years ago mastery 8 but on this account I never bought anything from prime access etc... if I buy it I have a 100% chance? or not? How long did you have an account? And how many hours does it take for the option to merge the account to appear? I see that there are people commenting that I always buy Prime Access but I don't get the right to merge the account, so you can't know if someone messed up their account or they're really lying or they just had no luck.... but in reality Part of luck I think is strange because I'm already the 7th person who says that I buy Prime Access and get the right to merge. Do you buy the last most expensive package?? or the median of the grand?

Hey sorry for the late answer.

So my PC account, which is the account im currently posting this, was created in 2017 and i played for a few hours on PC back then. MR4.

I bought the Prime Access and the second i logged in and got the message in game, i went on Warframe.com and the button to merge appreared right away.

I then merged my PC account with my Xbox account ((MR24) and selected the Xbox account as Primary account) and got the prime access and everything else merged on my Xbox account.

Was able to play right away. That easy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AllanSODMG said:

Hey sorry for the late answer.

So my PC account, which is the account im currently posting this, was created in 2017 and i played for a few hours on PC back then. MR4.

I bought the Prime Access and the second i logged in and got the message in game, i went on Warframe.com and the button to merge appreared right away.

I then merged my PC account with my Xbox account ((MR24) and selected the Xbox account as Primary account) and got the prime access and everything else merged on my Xbox account.

Was able to play right away. That easy.

Great post! Just what I needed because I'm lost on 'how to'. :) I gave you a like.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rachnus said:

I cannot believe I fell asleep and missed the test phase, I feel so unbelievably idiotic right now, I hope y'all can at least enjoy the fruits of being awake and aware while I wail in agony lol

You're not the only one, this is total horse piss. Wtf, man. If y'all are gonna open it for a "stress test", keep it open longer. I was literally up all night for this S#&$, that is such a short window. We got 1 hour (my bad, didn't pay attention to the times, but that's worse), how tf is ANY of the people that was really waiting for it supposed to catch it?!

Edited by (PSN)TheRefinedH
  • Like 1

This whole Vague deal with not telling us anything until the end of the day is getting old dude.

Like Come on.

Even Derpstiny 2 gives us updates of stuff as they are happening. Like I'm not asking for alot, I would just like to know when consoles are dropping.

And I don't wanna hear "Just be Patient", like bro I've been patient for a year with no info, which whatever I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as they were working on it. But They can't just go "Here we go guys, we need to do this super careful and make sure nothing falls through" but then they don't wanna inform the community of their super laid out plan. Like cool, we get a summary of what might "happen", and then it fell through day 1, only for them to shrug their shoulders, give us more vague responses that do 0 to alleviate the crowd.

Like I'm a diehard Warframe fan, and when my ps5 took a poopy, they announced that Cross save was coming, so I was like "Sweet, I'll just wait for that then and swap to PC"....

I should have just started a PC account, and I could have prolly been back to what i was on psn. Sans spending about 5000 on it. Like how much was founders? Like couple hundred bucks? Definitely spent more than that on my psn. Like I'm talking 4 or 5 prime accessories, all the plat.... So much plat.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, (PSN)GastyVulpes said:

This whole Vague deal with not telling us anything until the end of the day is getting old dude.

Like Come on.

Even Derpstiny 2 gives us updates of stuff as they are happening. Like I'm not asking for alot, I would just like to know when consoles are dropping.

And I don't wanna hear "Just be Patient", like bro I've been patient for a year with no info, which whatever I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as they were working on it. But They can't just go "Here we go guys, we need to do this super careful and make sure nothing falls through" but then they don't wanna inform the community of their super laid out plan. Like cool, we get a summary of what might "happen", and then it fell through day 1, only for them to shrug their shoulders, give us more vague responses that do 0 to alleviate the crowd.

Like I'm a diehard Warframe fan, and when my ps5 took a poopy, they announced that Cross save was coming, so I was like "Sweet, I'll just wait for that then and swap to PC"....

I should have just started a PC account, and I could have prolly been back to what i was on psn. Sans spending about 5000 on it. Like how much was founders? Like couple hundred bucks? Definitely spent more than that on my psn. Like I'm talking 4 or 5 prime accessories, all the plat.... So much plat.

EXACTLY, we only had an hour to do this, and not once did they specify "Be there by (X time) (insert time zone) to try it out", what is the point of a stress test if SO MUCH of your fanbase is going to be unaware of it, or mayhaps even asleep by the time you decide to run it? I and I imagine many others woulda happily risen early for this, I stayed up SO late waiting for it, man. If it's not out by tomorrow, I'm giving up hope we'll see it before the end of the year, because they don't clearly communicate their progress on this S#&$ nor do they provide times or schedules, for a feature no less that SO MANY people wanna do to get back older accounts from consoles and systems they've probably moved on from now. Give us clearer times for this kind of S#&$, especially if you want a REAL stress test. Stop wasting our times with this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, (PSN)TheRefinedH said:

You're not the only one, this is total horse piss. Wtf, man. If y'all are gonna open it for a "stress test", keep it open longer. I was literally up all night for this S#&$, that is such a short window. We got 1 hour (my bad, didn't pay attention to the times, but that's worse), how tf is ANY of the people that was really waiting for it supposed to catch it?!

Sounds like the “stress test” failed. Be glad you aren’t on the losing end of a potential failure or bug. They are doing this to protect you and all the hard earned/paid items in your account. :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

Sounds like the “stress test” failed. Be glad you aren’t on the losing end of a potential failure or bug. They are doing this to protect you and all the hard earned/paid items in your account. :)

Then why can people who are founders, bought a Prime Access or pay $50 for a Prime Access can use it, if that's the logic? I ain't trying to pull the petty "WHY CAN DEY AND I CAN'T", by that metric, are their inventories just considered less valuable to protect by DE, then? Accounts that have in some cases existed for over a decade?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)TheRefinedH said:

Then why can people who are founders, bought a Prime Access or pay $50 for a Prime Access can use it, if that's the logic? I ain't trying to pull the petty "WHY CAN DEY AND I CAN'T", by that metric, are their inventories just considered less valuable to protect by DE, then? Accounts that have in some cases existed for over a decade?

Because it’s “software”. This stuff is COMPLICATED. In the industry they might say something: “imagine doing brain surgery while riding on the back of a motorcycle”. :)

4 minutes ago, (PSN)TheRefinedH said:

Another analogy. Imagine you have three houses of cards and you need to put them together into a single bigger house, but, NONE of them can collapse while you’re doing it. 

WTF, I was able to merge account in my profil, just the time to download the game on ps5 for create the psn account and merge my pc account and now I cannot merge... (available soon) wtf is happening.... 
I was so happy and now terribly disappointed :'(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

It's fine that it failed, that's not our beef. Our beef is that, personally, I didn't even know that's what they were doing. I thought they were talking about this "drip gate" in the context that they were saying before "Slow phase by phase releases" not an active stress test. That is the Vagueness I speak of. Alternatively, they've had a year to do this kind of thing. They can't pay people to stress test? But then they are gonna risk others items who don't consent to it, or even know that it will happen.

Again, I refer to Derpstiny 2 (A game that warframe blows out of the water in terms of playability, graphics, blah blah blah). Cross play/save was pretty perfect when it released, and its because they paid a bunch of people to test it, and make sure it works. Which is sad when Bungie or whomever owns it now, is known for Shoddy Communication and buggy practices.

Like they wanna have their "Paid Supporters" to get the first lick, but then they don't wanna say who, when, where, or how they get that first lick.

Imagine you got a letter in the mail, and it said that you had 100 dollars waiting for you..... But then nothing else, no location, no timeframe, and no idea on how to get it.... Now imagine that letter was sent to a whole community... I'd imagine they'd get frustrated.

On 2023-12-12 at 9:11 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

When you Merge, you select one of your Linked accounts to be the Primary Account associated with your Mission and Quest progress. Your Resources, Arsenal, Currencies, etc. from other Secondary Accounts will be Merged into this Primary Account. The Alias and Quest progress on your Primary Account will be the same as it was before the Merge.

Extremely important question: If I want to move from a console platform to the PC platform, which account do I pick as the primary account? This instruction doesn't quite explain it in precise clarity. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)GastyVulpes said:

It's fine that it failed, that's not our beef. Our beef is that, personally, I didn't even know that's what they were doing. I thought they were talking about this "drip gate" in the context that they were saying before "Slow phase by phase releases" not an active stress test. That is the Vagueness I speak of. Alternatively, they've had a year to do this kind of thing. They can't pay people to stress test? But then they are gonna risk others items who don't consent to it, or even know that it will happen.

Again, I refer to Derpstiny 2 (A game that warframe blows out of the water in terms of playability, graphics, blah blah blah). Cross play/save was pretty perfect when it released, and its because they paid a bunch of people to test it, and make sure it works. Which is sad when Bungie or whomever owns it now, is known for Shoddy Communication and buggy practices.

Like they wanna have their "Paid Supporters" to get the first lick, but then they don't wanna say who, when, where, or how they get that first lick.

Imagine you got a letter in the mail, and it said that you had 100 dollars waiting for you..... But then nothing else, no location, no timeframe, and no idea on how to get it.... Now imagine that letter was sent to a whole community... I'd imagine they'd get frustrated.

I get the frustration and I’m incredibly excited too. But it’s almost impossible to predict how these things can go. I love the fact that DE is doing the account merges, but honestly, I think they are kind of crazy to do it. If I was in charge I’d probably say “no f-ing way, too complicated” but I’m glad to be on the receiving end and not the “responsible for getting this to work” end.

So I know it’s hard (believe me I do) but be patient. All in all DE is a pretty good company to even do this in the first place. I’m honestly very impressed. 

Edited by Gerlon.
Misspelling

11 hours ago, --N-- said:

I assume you migrated from PC to Xbox years ago, so your PC and Xbox accounts cannot be merged.

Yes, if you link your Xbox account (and set your PS account as your primary), your Xbox account will be deleted and replaced by the PS account, just like what happened to your PC account.

That's the problem, I never migrated to xbox from pc, I migrated pc to switch though. 

18 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

I get the frustration and I’m incredibly excited too. But it’s almost impossible to predict how these things can go. I love the fact that DE is doing the account merges, but honestly, I think they are kind of crazy to do it. If I was in charge I’d probably say “no f-ing way, too complicated” but I’m glad to be on the receiving end and not the “responsible for getting this to work” end.

So I know it’s hard (below me I do) but be patient. All in all DE is a pretty good company to even do this in the first place. I’m honestly very impressed. 

Nobody's complaining about the unpredictability, that goes without saying if you know a single thing about game design, everyone's complaining about how poorly communicated this whole thing is, which makes it even MORE unpredictable for the fans, which is the exact opposite of what communicating with your fans should do. If the people who want the update are even more confused after hearing about a decision you've made about it, that is an incredibly bad sign. Being vague and not communicating this well will just make an already complicated mess even more complicated when it doesn't and shouldn't have to be. Yeah, it's gonna be messy, that's not what people are mad about, people are mad about having their times wasted when it doesn't need to be and then making that mess much messier when, again, there's no reason for it to get messier. It's partially DE just making more problems that don't need to be problems. Just communicate with us, all I and anyone else is asking with a brain.

Just now, FunkMastrElite95 said:

That's the problem, I never migrated to xbox from pc, I migrated pc to switch though. 

Then the PC and Switch accounts are going to be inellgiible for the merge. Any account that was migrated in the past is inelligible to Merge, all they can be used for is account Link, which means you'll lose progress and items on all but your main account.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Extremely important question: If I want to move from a console platform to the PC platform, which account do I pick as the primary account? This instruction doesn't quite explain it in precise clarity. 

Serious question. If you are going from console to pc why would you want to make your presumably new pc account the primary account when it has nothing on it? The primary is what your new platform pulls data from. If you made your new pc account your primary then what would the other platforms pull from it? Nothing. 

Edited by (PSN)Dirtymurph

17 minutes ago, (PSN)TheRefinedH said:

Nobody's complaining about the unpredictability, that goes without saying if you know a single thing about game design, everyone's complaining about how poorly communicated this whole thing is, which makes it even MORE unpredictable for the fans, which is the exact opposite of what communicating with your fans should do. If the people who want the update are even more confused after hearing about a decision you've made about it, that is an incredibly bad sign. Being vague and not communicating this well will just make an already complicated mess even more complicated when it doesn't and shouldn't have to be. Yeah, it's gonna be messy, that's not what people are mad about, people are mad about having their times wasted when it doesn't need to be and then making that mess much messier when, again, there's no reason for it to get messier. It's partially DE just making more problems that don't need to be problems. Just communicate with us, all I and anyone else is asking with a brain.

True. DE messed up by over communicating to their players. That sets expectations. Better to say almost nothing, keep expectations low, and then people can’t complain. Then, hopefully, people are surprised and delighted instead when their expectations are “exceeded”. 

Alright so i cant merge accounts but i can link them (when it opens again) with it forcing me to link accounts while on my pc account would i still be able to set my xbox account as primary? probably a dumb question but i dont wanna lose 8 years of work.

Edited by 2LPepsi