The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Gargoyle's Cry (HAS CONCLUDED!)

[DE]Sam

il y a une heure, Artiamus a dit :

So will we get a chance to put a new batch of curses in the 14/15? I've filled mine three weeks in a row now and I don't see how we can get a 4th week worth otherwise.

Yes because the event ends monday 6pm gmt, so you'll have some time to contribute remaining curses.

On 2023-12-27 at 6:23 AM, TheTundraTerror said:

I have lost pretty much all motivation to do this event after getting a literal AFKer in my party that stayed dead the entire mission... until it was time to get the loot.

Honestly, if players are going to stay dead for 4-5 minutes with full revives so they can literally not play the game, they should just get booted from the party.

You can report leeches at the warframe zendesk. I've done it before and gotten responses from developers indicating they did something about it. 

Edited by Phantasm100

I was really hoping I'd be able to contribute curses again after this week's reset since I missed the first week but the gargoyle hasn't reset and says next reset in 6 days 22 hours. But yesterday it said it'd reset today. Is this intentional since the operation ends tomorrow, or am I going to miss out on a gold trophy because of a bug cause that'd suck.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, FutureKiwiMan said:

I was really hoping I'd be able to contribute curses again after this week's reset since I missed the first week but the gargoyle hasn't reset and says next reset in 6 days 22 hours. But yesterday it said it'd reset today. Is this intentional since the operation ends tomorrow, or am I going to miss out on a gold trophy because of a bug cause that'd suck.

Yeah, I don't know if it's a bug or not but I'm really annoyed at it. The fact that there's a 4th week required for the gold trophy and it consists of a day and a half is pretty low.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artiamus said:

Yeah, I don't know if it's a bug or not but I'm really annoyed at it. The fact that there's a 4th week required for the gold trophy and it consists of a day and a half is pretty low.

The refresh timer clearly showed that it would at the usual time yesterday but it did not. Has to be a bug, and with only half an hour left I really hope they extend the time for us to turn in. 

• Like 1

Tenno,

Over the last four weeks, we’ve seen the Community come together and push back the encroaching Murmur. Their scraping shrills have since quieted, and Fibonacci’s Murmur Telemetry Chorus has linked across the Origin System, detecting unwelcomed murmuring.

With 160,217 Vigile Jahu Gargoyles deployed and now aligned, the Void Angels are warded off, and the Murmur is caged away.

There was no lack of participation contributing the Curses to activate Fibonacci’s defences. Effervo was run 18.4 million times (equaling 2.9 million playtime hours), with millions more of Curses and Grotesque Splinters being collected. To put it into a percentage, 58.7% of all Missions run in Albrecht’s Laboratories were dedicated to dusting the Fragmented Trio. 

And some brave few took up a greater fight, the shattered dust of the 60-Eye Fragmented Ones whisked away through the decrepit spaces between the Void and the Labs. 

Each and all have well-earned their respective Operation rewards. Through Fibonacci’s Gargoyle, he’s seen many a Glyph, Sigil and Arcane acquired. The store will stay open until February 15, 2024, to cash in any leftover Grotesque Splinters. 

You all fought valiantly. Wear your Krios Signa proudly, Tenno. You’ve earned it.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, [DE]Sam said:

Tenno,

Over the last four weeks, we’ve seen the Community come together and push back the encroaching Murmur. Their scraping shrills have since quieted, and Fibonacci’s Murmur Telemetry Chorus has linked across the Origin System, detecting unwelcomed murmuring.

With the 42,857 Vigile Jahu Gargoyles deployed and now aligned, the Void Angels are warded off, and the Murmur is caged away.

There was no lack of participation contributing the Curses to activate Fibonacci’s defences. Effervo was run 18.4 million times (equaling 2.9 million playtime hours), with millions more of Curses and Grotesque Splinters being collected. To put it into a percentage, 58.7% of all Missions run in Albrecht’s Laboratories were dedicated to dusting the Fragmented Trio. 

And some brave few took up a greater fight, the shattered dust of the 60-Eye Fragmented Ones whisked away through the decrepit spaces between the Void and the Labs. 

Each and all have well-earned their respective Operation rewards. Through Fibonacci’s Gargoyle, he’s seen many a Glyph, Sigil and Arcane acquired. The store will stay open until February 15, 2024, to cash in any leftover Grotesque Splinters. 

You all fought valiantly. Wear your Krios Signa proudly, Tenno. You’ve earned it.

Shouldn't our Dojo Gargoyles have at least changed color to the trophy level we earned? I mean sure we unlocked the crown but the splinter drop rate wasn't exactly exorbitant. So not much else was accomplished...a big gold statue (or silver or bronze or terracotta) or the existing one becoming so would have been a nice thought.

22 minutes ago, [DE]Sam said:

Tenno,

With the 42,857 Vigile Jahu Gargoyles deployed and now aligned, the Void Angels are warded off, and the Murmur is caged away.

So are we just being given the fourth week trophy if we completed all three other weeks then? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Artiamus said:

So are we just being given the fourth week trophy if we completed all three other weeks then? 

There were 4 weeks of contributions, not three. Why would you get another one for free?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mbf-wr said:

There were 4 weeks of contributions, not three. Why would you get another one for free?

Because the 4th week was only 1-1/2 days long and we weren't able to contribute more to it due to a potential bug?

4 minutes ago, Artiamus said:

Because the 4th week was only 1-1/2 days long and we weren't able to contribute more to it due to a potential bug?

That was a fifth week.  You could contribute from the start of each week 4 times (technically 5 I guess for 1.5 days).  Point is you could have gotten to gold level more than a week ago.

Edited by mbf-wr
  • Like 1

I hate how I missed out on getting the crown cosmetic because I've been waiting 25 days for a response from support after my entire account inventory reset with the merge, that's super uncool.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Hey, guys. Exceptionally uncool to end the event the morning of the day you said it would end on.

Should have ether ended on the daily reset that day, or the end of the day.

Extremely rude to end it earlier than that.

They ended it exactly when the patch note, the news item, and the timer said it would end.  I can understand many people finding that timing inconvenient, and inevitably it was going to catch some by surprise.   But it wasn't rude, not when the information has been available for a month.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Hey, guys. Exceptionally uncool to end the event the morning of the day you said it would end on.

Should have ether ended on the daily reset that day, or the end of the day.

It ended right at 2pm EST - when the operation said it would, and when they usually start and end most events:

On 2023-12-15 at 1:25 PM, [DE]Sam said:

Operation: Gargoyle’s Cry is a limited-time event launching today, December 18 at 2 p.m. ET and ending on January 15, 2 p.m. ET across all platforms.

Everyone had a full month to read the exact time it would end. It would be more convenient globally to time it with 00:00 UTC, but they do them during the workday to be able to fix something same day if it goes wrong.

3 hours ago, Artiamus said:

Event ran from Dec. 18th to Jan. 15th. Below are the following weeks:

• Week 1: 12/18 - 12/23
  • Week 2: 12/24 - 12/30
  • Week 3: 12/31 - 1/6
  • Week 4: 1/7 - 1/13

Turning in during all of those weeks qualifies you for gold. The time remaining from 1/14 - 1/15 (end of event) was not a new week and just an extension of the prior one due to when they started the event / when weekly resets affected it. I'm not sure why people are expecting it to be some "week 5" for people to rush and qualify for gold when they had ample time to do so. I understand that solo clans or small clans are at a disadvantage for these events since they don't have sheer number of contributors, but it's just a cosmetic trophy and it's not a competition, I would not be stressed over it.

• Like 4

"Turning in during all of those weeks qualifies you for gold." A gold what? Reb said it was a Entrati lab room during the WITW release. Surely the laurel was not the lone reward. Don't they usually reward the dojo with a trophy to show how the members came together for said event, hence the reasoning for terms such as Silver and Gold placing. the truth is nobody really knows because the communications for this event have been spotty and "revamped" a number of times for whatever reason. just need to keep the players and those 42k+ dojo owners informed. After all those are the people that got their members to run 14 million missions. but i'm sure some White Knight will come along and say i'm wrong and DE was right the whole time.

15 minutes ago, CapinHands said:

A gold what?

It says "Trophy" multiple times in the operation posting:

Trophies earned are determined by whether your clan fully feeds your Vigile Jahu Gargoyle with Cursed Murmur Energy

Feed your Gargoyle before the weekly reset for four weeks to keep the Gargoyle fully fed and earn a trophy, depending on the number of charges added.

I'm very confused where the ambiguity here is, the Krios Signa was an entirely separately tracked community reward not specific to clans, while the trophies are clan-specific.

12 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

It says "Trophy" multiple times in the operation posting:

Signa was an entirely separately tracked community reward not specific to clans, while the trophies are clan-specific.

and like many events before when they end, the trophy is awarded. So I have to ask since no trophy has been awarded with the ending of the event. "where's the beef" or was this just another "DE failed to communicate to players" that the rewards would be issued at a later date. which this event seems to have more than it's share of.

Edited by CapinHands
you couldn't see me doing air quotes.

11 minutes ago, CapinHands said:

So I have to ask since no trophy has been awarded with the ending of the event. "where's the beef" or was this just another "DE failed to communicate to players" that the rewards would be issued at a later date.

I'm assuming it'll be distributed soon, but you're right that they should communicate reward distribution better. I'd just be patient and keep an eye out for news about it, that's all we can do tbh.

3 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

I'm assuming it'll be distributed soon, but you're right that they should communicate reward distribution better. I'd just be patient and keep an eye out for news about it, that's all we can do tbh.

I'm certainly glad to see that I was not the only Tenno unaware of the coming trophies. I guess there were several (thousand) of us who didn't read those notes carefully enough. Here to say that indeed there are trophies now available in the Dojo Decorations Tenno category (found 'em by accident while I was doing some unrelated decorating): Terracotta, Bronze, Silver and Gold just like the Plaguestar's were. I embarrassed yet relieved to say I spoke too soon in my separate post in this thread.