Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

12/21/2023 Cross Platform Save: Dec 22 Stress Test Window for ALL

Megan what about the problem if console making new pc accounts to merge then the account says i can't merge because the Xbox creation date was overwritten by the new PC account ? example my xbox account is made in 2015 and now it states that it was made last week and i can't merge the rest of my old console accounts

hope you can update on this one because am really worried

• Like 26

Excellent news!

One question:
I'm planning to merge into my PS4 account/use it as the primary account, said account is the founding warlord of a clan with multiple people in.
My PS4 account hasn't logged in since long before cross-save or cross-platform clan features launched
(haven't been able to use it since TNW), how would this affect my ability to merge?
I don't know if the cross-platform clan setting is enabled by default, but if not, I'm really hoping this won't prevent me from merging,
since I haven't had the ability to change any relevant settings, and I'm not willing to lose my clan (or the emblem I invested platinum in).

• Like 3

Will there at any point in the future be the ability to merge my 10 year old PC and Primary 8 year old Playstation accounts, knowing that the PC account has been copied to Nintendo several years ago to test the game on Switch?

I just want to know if that is a permanent thing so I can just make a new PC account to link my Primary PS account without losing everything, instead of waiting to see if that may change in the future.

For clarity, PC and Nintendo have connected before, but PS has not, and PS is the account I want to merge into PC if ever possible.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheDoggoLord said:

Excellent news!

One question:
I'm planning to merge into my PS4 account/use it as the primary account, said account is the founding warlord of a clan with multiple people in.
My PS4 account hasn't logged in since long before cross-save or cross-platform clan features launched
(haven't been able to use it since TNW), how would this affect my ability to merge?
I don't know if the cross-platform clan setting is enabled by default, but if not, I'm really hoping this won't prevent me from merging,
since I haven't had the ability to change any relevant settings, and I'm not willing to lose my clan (or the emblem I invested platinum in).

I merged my accounts today and my clan worked just fine, though I did turn on cross platform clan (it is off by default) if you have to time to log onto a PlayStation even temporarily for a moment to enable that, and ensure your other accounts are not in a clan, you should be okay

Edited by Skunk616
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno, 

We bring you an update on Cross Platform Save! After weighing the realistic options with less than two working days left in the year, we have come to the following plan for Cross Platform Save:

1. Tomorrow, December 22nd, 2023, we will open the Cross Platform Save gates to ALL Tenno from 8 am ET to 5 pm ET, providing the team with a full working day to monitor. If major issues arise, we may need to close the gates earlier.

2. After 5 pm ET on December 22nd, the Cross Platform Save gates will remain closed until the team returns in January.

We recognize that some Tenno may have to wait to experience Cross Platform Save until 2024, and for that, we apologize. In full transparency, we cannot risk the game's and database's stability over the holiday break by leaving Cross Platform Save enabled for all. The database surges we already see are manageable, but we do not want to risk the unknown of leaving it enabled while no hands are around for immediate emergencies. 

We'll be back tomorrow to update you on our Socials, Forums, and in-game Red Text when the Cross Platform Save window opens.

❤️

Legendary update. Best of luck to you and the rest of the team! <3

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno, 

We bring you an update on Cross Platform Save! After weighing the realistic options with less than two working days left in the year, we have come to the following plan for Cross Platform Save:

1. Tomorrow, December 22nd, 2023, we will open the Cross Platform Save gates to ALL Tenno from 8 am ET to 5 pm ET, providing the team with a full working day to monitor. If major issues arise, we may need to close the gates earlier.

2. After 5 pm ET on December 22nd, the Cross Platform Save gates will remain closed until the team returns in January.

We recognize that some Tenno may have to wait to experience Cross Platform Save until 2024, and for that, we apologize. In full transparency, we cannot risk the game's and database's stability over the holiday break by leaving Cross Platform Save enabled for all. The database surges we already see are manageable, but we do not want to risk the unknown of leaving it enabled while no hands are around for immediate emergencies. 

We'll be back tomorrow to update you on our Socials, Forums, and in-game Red Text when the Cross Platform Save window opens.

❤️

thank you so much! 🩷

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xVoidPrime said:

Megan what about the problem if console making new pc accounts to merge then the account says i can't merge because the Xbox creation date was overwritten by the new PC account ? example my xbox account is made in 2015 and now it states that it was made last week and i can't merge the rest of my old console accounts

hope you can update on this one because am really worried

I have the same and i am now also unable to trade with other players. I linked my Playstation account with a pc account i made today. Originally wanted to just link the Playstation to the pc account and then merge my xbox account into it but now i cant because it says my account was made 21st december 2023. Now i cant merge my xbox account into it, and i cant trade with others because my account is counted as a pc account when playing on Playstation. And as such can not trade with other Playstation players as it says cross trade isnt turned on.

Edited by (PSN)BRYAN-NL-050

35 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  1. After 5 pm ET on December 22nd, the Cross Platform Save gates will remain closed until the team returns in January.

Booo, dislike this for one simple fact. It was promised to be available in 2023 so if anyone who wanted to purchase a Heirloom pack after cross save went live and they waited until a random date to process everything like say after Christmas where they would have enough money to purchase the pack they cannot do so with their cross-saved account despite both features being advertised in a manner that sounded like they'd be available at the same time which is now not true since Cross-save would be closed by then and the Heirloom pack would no longer be available to purchase.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 1

Edit (post cross-save):
I have now fully merged my accounts, I can verify that this wasn't an issue in the slightest.

The cross-platform clan setting defaults to off, but this didn't matter for the merge.
For some reason, even though I'm playing on PC as the leader of a clan created on PS4,
the cross-platform clan setting is still disabled (although this seems to cause no issues,
only thing I have noticed is that my tracked clan contributions have now visually reset, with no loss to the clan vault).

Original Comment:

22 hours ago, Skunk616 said:

I merged my accounts today and my clan worked just fine, though I did turn on cross platform clan (it is off by default) if you have to time to log onto a PlayStation even temporarily for a moment to enable that, and ensure your other accounts are not in a clan, you should be okay

That's the main reason why I'm wondering, while no other accounts I'm planning to merge are in a clan,
I no-longer have access to my PS4, and thus cannot login to my primary merge account (all others haven't even reached Second Dream, so certainly isn't worth merging into those).

The only way I could theoretically turn this setting on before the deadline tomorrow if it is required, would be to make an unplanned visit one of my relatives who still has a PS4, but probably hasn't launched WF on it in 2+ years, plus has a slow internet connection, meaning potentially 1.5+ hours of waiting just to get to the point of launching.

Edited by DrTaxEvasion
Post Merge clarification my question.

1 minute ago, Numerounius said:

Booo, dislike this for one simple fact. It was promised to be available in 2023 so if anyone who wanted to purchase a Heriloom pack after cross save went live and they waited until a random date like say after Christmas where they would have enough money to purchase the pack they cannot do so with their cross-saved account despite both features being advertised in a manner that sounded like they'd be available at the same time which is now not true.

Why are we all acting like its being done through our dusty non working consoles still? it will take maybe 5 mins out your day to go to warframe.com and merge/link

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Ishaku_Raigami said:

Will there at any point in the future be the ability to merge my 10 year old PC and Primary 8 year old Playstation accounts, knowing that the PC account has been copied to Nintendo several years ago to test the game on Switch?

I just want to know if that is a permanent thing so I can just make a new PC account to link my Primary PS account without losing everything, instead of waiting to see if that may change in the future.

For clarity, PC and Nintendo have connected before, but PS has not, and PS is the account I want to merge into PC if ever possible.

I would love to know this also. I merged from PC to switch on the off chance I may use it on Switch (I never have done) and now it won't let me merge my xbox into my PC which seems utterly ridiculous.

If I would've known this would've been a limitation before I never would have ported to switch.