The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12/21/2023 Cross Platform Save: Dec 22 Stress Test Window for ALL

[DE]Megan

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)CyberneticHFX said:

I can not imagine that. Which relative steps have you performed, exactly please?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I went through the standard account link/merge procedure, it didn't work and I lost all my items from PS4/PS5. I didn't check the page too hard for a "merge account" button but I did check it nonetheless, even after rereading the relevant FAQ sections three times to ensure the account merge was automatic. I didn't see any and proceeded with it. Only after watching a video did I realize that there was ONE warning sign-- that being the "you will lose all currencies" and so on warning that pops up. However given that the account merge is allegedly the same process as account linking and that Warframe is kind of known for being a buggy mess at times, I assumed that's what it was-- a bug, or just an overlooked error, something left over. I don't know. DE isn't exactly known for their polish at Railjack, I remember the Railjack launch acutely. No hate towards the dev meant, just stating what I remember.
There should have been two distinct choices for account merging and account linking, it should not have been an automatic process. 
If there's any doubt about me having linked instead of merged due to an account error and I simply didn't read-- I started on PS4 and moved to PC a year or two later when I got a PC, by creating a fresh account. 
The only thing I can think of that might have gone wrong is both my accounts having shared the same name at nearly all points throughout it's life, save for a month or so when I was updating them separately. But I have seen two other accounts in the bug report forums that do not reflect this theory, so I just don't know.

4 hours ago, -Executor- said:

Impatience? THEY set their own deadline. THEY promised it would be done before the end of the year. THEY still want to take a week and a half off, despite not having fulfilled that promise.

That's not impatience, that's holding DE to their standard.

Chill, it's going to be ok. The video game will still be here in a couple of weeks. Ask your mom for some tendies and take a deep breath.

• Like 2

Completely understandable, but I'm a little disappointed. Please don't make promises you aren't 100% sure you can keep. I know it's typical DE fashion, but let's move on from that if possible.

Regardless, we appreciate your extremely hard and diligent work! And I hope cross-save doesn't haunt the staff's nightmares and you all can actually relax and enjoy a wonderful holiday and new year!

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Eclectics said:

Chill, it's going to be ok. The video game will still be here in a couple of weeks. Ask your mom for some tendies and take a deep breath.

But he's right though. Nobody but DE set the bar, only they are to blame for people criticizing them for barely squeaking out the deadline they themselves set, even if it wasn't a solid release date. That is how criticism works. How bout ya apply some logic and acknowledge the victimized widdle company that charges $50 for a single Prime Access should improve instead of just insulting people?

EDIT: And before anyone says "you can just grind for it for free, the Prime Access is just an option", that doesn't un-monetize the monetization, as much as a free game needs monetization. Admittedly Warframe is MUCH better about it than most games, but "better" still leaves room for improvement.

Edited by TheRefinedHellion
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheRefinedHellion said:

But he's right though. Nobody but DE set the bar, only they are to blame for people criticizing them for barely squeaking out the deadline they themselves set, even if it wasn't a solid release date. That is how criticism works. How bout ya apply some logic and acknowledge the victimized widdle company that charges $50 for a single Prime Access should improve instead of just insulting people?

Kind of refreshing for someone else to actually agree that DE shouldn't set goals they know they can't reach after years of doing this sort of thing. People treat them like they don't absolutely rake in cash, and are just a small indie company... That hasn't been the case for -years-.

4 hours ago, -Executor- said:

Impatience? THEY set their own deadline. THEY promised it would be done before the end of the year. THEY still want to take a week and a half off, despite not having fulfilled that promise.

It's the holidays. They've been working hard enough to get this working in the first place. They deserve the time off to spend with family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson_Rain72 said:

It's the holidays. They've been working hard enough to get this working in the first place. They deserve the time off to spend with family.

Then the community managers shouldn't put the actual development team under stress by making absurd promises that can't be kept. This is a CONSTANT issue with DE. Remember how Railjacks were supposed to be able to come in and land on planets? How they DEMONSTRATED this, oh... Three years ago? Can your Railjack pick you up from the Orb Vallis? Didn't think so.

Promises keep being made, and promises keep being broken. DE needs to stop hurting their own reputation, and start making realistic goals for themselves. Stop sucking on the bottoms of their boots.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -Executor- said:

Kind of refreshing for someone else to actually agree that DE shouldn't set goals they know they can't reach after years of doing this sort of thing. People treat them like they don't absolutely rake in cash, and are just a small indie company... That hasn't been the case for -years-.

Yeah, hell, they charge $50 for Prime Access at the most basic level, that's without considering if you want either the weapons or the Warframe right away depending which you got/plan to get first. Yeah, you can grind for it for entirely free, and I will always love Warframe for making it's grind, ya know, fun, something even paid games refuse to do so much nowadays, but a company that charges $50+ for what is basically an upgraded character and some weapons I think can be criticized for a few oopsies, plus idt anyone's remotely mad about them only making this limited for now due to technical issues unless they actually ARE spoiled, it's that they need to learn to communicate this crap so much better and maybe pick a better time when people won't be as busy.

5 minutes ago, TheRefinedHellion said:

EDIT: And before anyone says "you can just grind for it for free, the Prime Access is just an option", that doesn't un-monetize the monetization, as much as a free game needs monetization. Admittedly Warframe is MUCH better about it than most games, but "better" still leaves room for improvement.

Reasonable criticism is one thing, demanding compensation and whining about workers daring to take a break for the holidays is acting like a spoiled child. A video game feature being a couple of weeks later than promised doesn't actually matter, and implying that people should forego their holiday to work on it is deranged.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Eclectics said:

Reasonable criticism is one thing, demanding compensation and whining about workers daring to take a break for the holidays is acting like a spoiled child. A video game feature being a couple of weeks later than promised doesn't actually matter, and implying that people should forego their holiday to work on it is deranged.

I don't think anyone here is saying they should forego it, unless you can show me a point where someone said that, that IS actually A****** behavior, nobody should be forced to work on the holidays, especially when they're scheduled for a break, that S#&$ sucks, but I think people are just saying don't tempt the audience with something you aren't sure you can deliver on and then be cryptic about it half the time just before that deadline where your employees go on break.

1 minute ago, TheRefinedHellion said:

I don't think anyone here is saying they should forego it, unless you can show me a point where someone said that, that IS actually A****** behavior, but I think people are just saying don't tempt the audience with something you aren't sure you can deliver on and then be cryptic about it half the time just before that deadline where your employees go on break.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Eclectics said:

Ok, that's my bad admittedly. Idk how I missed that, but I do apologize. I mainly been seeing a lot of copium today, but I will admit there are people on the other side of things who are being actual a-holes about it and I somehow missed that. Entirely on me.

• Like 1

Awesome to see you guys are finally ready to dispatch Cross Save to the public on a somewhat large beta scale.

However, Ive been reading through the threads and twitter comments and feel like the group selections and choices made regarding cross save wouldnt have stung some people as hard if you guys had been a bit more transparent on the phases you were planning on releasing in some sort of rough roadmap along the way to give us an idea if if it wouldve been possible for full scale roll out by the deadline.

Nothing can explain how blindsided me and my friends were to see the access go from "Founders" to "PC Prime Access" because we were all expecting it to go to veterans status or another time framed status. Our guesses after the Prime Access included;

The Writers Guild of America

The Elderly and the Disabled

The YMCA

...Among other niches, and while we were happy to see a sliver of access today and the access given to everyone tomorrow - even temporarily - it feels like part of this rollout and the insane amount of hounding/critique your team has gotten could've been eased even temporarily by just being a bit more open the day before on the groups you intended to open the gates for.

Impatience exists, and theres sure a lot of people - in truth including myself - that probably couldnt wait until this day came and theres a lot of people feeling let down by an now recognizably unrealistic timer you set yourselves to reach for this release so please DE, next time just be more transparent and if you're overpromising just come clean with us.

Much love

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zR_DoWnLiNkZ said:

Awesome to see you guys are finally ready to dispatch Cross Save to the public on a somewhat large beta scale.

However, Ive been reading through the threads and twitter comments and feel like the group selections and choices made regarding cross save wouldnt have stung some people as hard if you guys had been a bit more transparent on the phases you were planning on releasing in some sort of rough roadmap along the way to give us an idea if if it wouldve been possible for full scale roll out by the deadline.

Nothing can explain how blindsided me and my friends were to see the access go from "Founders" to "PC Prime Access" because we were all expecting it to go to veterans status or another time framed status. Our guesses after the Prime Access included;

The Writers Guild of America

The Elderly and the Disabled

The YMCA

...Among other niches, and while we were happy to see a sliver of access today and the access given to everyone tomorrow - even temporarily - it feels like part of this rollout and the insane amount of hounding/critique your team has gotten could've been eased even temporarily by just being a bit more open the day before on the groups you intended to open the gates for.

Impatience exists, and theres sure a lot of people - in truth including myself - that probably couldnt wait until this day came and theres a lot of people feeling let down by an now recognizably unrealistic timer you set yourselves to reach for this release so please DE, next time just be more transparent and if you're overpromising just come clean with us.

Much love

Fax
https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxhhg0OvruPpHLqM-D9DVapbmbhiyOp5t5

Warframe.com account (required)
-Link device Warframe account to it
--if you have more than one, set (Merge: One-time-action availablity) primary Warframe account with best progression (not items in mind) to serve as the base for unified (for your future cross-progression) Warframe account, enabling functionality for cross-progression Warframe play, so far
--if you have only one, than there is no action available and relevant, of course
---Link all of your Warframe accounts from relative devices to your Warframe.com account, when that action is available under Account Management. They will automatically Merge to your Warframe account, when processed
----Relative Linking is performed in phases - one after another
----A manual Merge can and must be performed only once, relatively
----Pick up enabled cross progression relative/tied to your Warframe.com account, even if beginning setting up (log in your Warframe.com account, relatively) device specific for playing Warframe on a device you have not used before, when playing it
-----Enjoy freedom Tenno! Lift your thoughts of negativity and ease/free your mind!

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)CyberneticHFX said:

Warframe.com account (required)
-Link device Warframe account to it
--if you have more than one, set (Merge: One-time-action availablity) primary Warframe account with best progression (not items in mind) to serve as the base for unified (for your future cross-progression) Warframe account, enabling functionality for cross-progression Warframe play, so far
--if you have only one, than there is no action available and relevant, of course
---Link all of your Warframe accounts from relative devices to your Warframe.com account, when that action is available under Account Management. They will automatically Merge to your Warframe account, when processed
----Relative Linking is performed in phases - one after another
----A manual Merge can and must be performed only once, relatively
----Pick up enabled cross progression relative/tied to your Warframe.com account, even if beginning setting up (log in your Warframe.com account, relatively) device specific for playing Warframe on a device you have not used before, when playing it
-----Enjoy freedom Tenno! Lift your thoughts of negativity and ease/free your mind!

I'm pretty confused by this. Can you rephrase what this is trying to say? And also where you found this?

Edited by TheLyricAinu

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno, 

We bring you an update on Cross Platform Save! After weighing the realistic options with less than two working days left in the year, we have come to the following plan for Cross Platform Save:

1. Tomorrow, December 22nd, 2023, we will open the Cross Platform Save gates to ALL Tenno from 8 am ET to 5 pm ET, providing the team with a full working day to monitor. If major issues arise, we may need to close the gates earlier.

2. After 5 pm ET on December 22nd, the Cross Platform Save gates will remain closed until the team returns in January.

We recognize that some Tenno may have to wait to experience Cross Platform Save until 2024, and for that, we apologize. In full transparency, we cannot risk the game's and database's stability over the holiday break by leaving Cross Platform Save enabled for all. The database surges we already see are manageable, but we do not want to risk the unknown of leaving it enabled while no hands are around for immediate emergencies. 

We'll be back tomorrow to update you on our Socials, Forums, and in-game Red Text when the Cross Platform Save window opens.

❤️

Just keep doing y'all's best. Tell the teams I said thanks for getting us this far! I can wait ❤️

59 minutes ago, TheLyricAinu said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I went through the standard account link/merge procedure, it didn't work and I lost all my items from PS4/PS5. I didn't check the page too hard for a "merge account" button but I did check it nonetheless, even after rereading the relevant FAQ sections three times to ensure the account merge was automatic. I didn't see any and proceeded with it. Only after watching a video did I realize that there was ONE warning sign-- that being the "you will lose all currencies" and so on warning that pops up. However given that the account merge is allegedly the same process as account linking and that Warframe is kind of known for being a buggy mess at times, I assumed that's what it was-- a bug, or just an overlooked error, something left over. I don't know. DE isn't exactly known for their polish at Railjack, I remember the Railjack launch acutely. No hate towards the dev meant, just stating what I remember.
There should have been two distinct choices for account merging and account linking, it should not have been an automatic process. 
If there's any doubt about me having linked instead of merged due to an account error and I simply didn't read-- I started on PS4 and moved to PC a year or two later when I got a PC, by creating a fresh account. 
The only thing I can think of that might have gone wrong is both my accounts having shared the same name at nearly all points throughout it's life, save for a month or so when I was updating them separately. But I have seen two other accounts in the bug report forums that do not reflect this theory, so I just don't know.

Your Warframe.com account already had your PC devices's Warframe progression relative as primary (this is because it was the only one there, relative). Then you Linked your PlayStation Network's Warframe account's progression to that Warframe.com account? And then, you must have performed the following action, with permanent resolve: You chose your PC Warframe progression when Merging for unified Warframe account. You had not to do that. You had to choose, your PlayStation Network's Warframe account's progression to serve as relative base. Is that correct?

Edited by (XBOX)CyberneticHFX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)CyberneticHFX said:

Your Warframe.com account already had your PC devices's Warframe progression relative as primary (this is because it was the only one there, relative). Then you Linked your PlayStation Network's Warframe account's progression to that Warframe.com account? And then, you must have performed the following action, with permanent resolve: You chose your PC Warframe progression when Merging for unified Warframe account. You had not to do that. You had to choose, your PlayStation Network's Warframe account's progression to serve as relative base. Is that correct?

My PC account is where all my progression is-- I haven't touched my PS4 account in years, however it still has items on it I want back. I made sure to choose the account with the most progression on it. The assumption was that my PS4 account would simply have it's items transferred to this new unified account, however that did not happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheLyricAinu said:

My PC account is where all my progression is-- I haven't touched my PS4 account in years, however it still has items on it I want back. I made sure to choose the account with the most progression on it. The assumption was that my PS4 account would simply have it's items transferred to this new unified account, however that did not happen.

So I must sign in on the website with my pc account & link my Ps5 account to steam??

4 minutes ago, TheLyricAinu said:

"Automatically merge" my foot

• Like 1