Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss Prime Accessories Ambiguity

Voltage

40 minutes ago, --N-- said:

Thank you for notifying my uncultured bum 

I stay away from Twitter, so I probably never would have known. Now to wait 6-7 years!

14 hours ago, IggySnow said:

I have definitely gotten prime noggles from just buying the accessories, so idk about that.

Then you’re probably the only one, I have yet to get my Baruuk Prime noggle from accessories if that’s the case. Unless of course I’ve been unknowingly scammed… which is possible. 

16 hours ago, IggySnow said:

I have definitely gotten prime noggles from just buying the accessories, so idk about that.

Wait what? I bought almost all prime accessories and I didn't get the noggles???? Are you sure?

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Thank you for notifying my uncultured bum 

I stay away from Twitter, so I probably never would have known. Now to wait 6-7 years!

Then you’re probably the only one, I have yet to get my Baruuk Prime noggle from accessories if that’s the case. Unless of course I’ve been unknowingly scammed… which is possible. 

I didn't get any prime noggle grom buying accessories, I think you have to buy the prime access instead. 

24 minutes ago, BowserNC said:

Wait what? I bought almost all prime accessories and I didn't get the noggles???? Are you sure?

I didn't get any prime noggle grom buying accessories, I think you have to buy the prime access instead. 

Thought it was Prime Access too, it’s fine I guess. I can continue my noggle collection without Baruuk Prime noggle

1 hour ago, BowserNC said:

Actually now that Ive gone back into my memory banks, I think I got the noggles from buying the prime resurgence packs from back when they unvaulted primes and sold their packs for a much cheaper price. Because I got a Mirage and Banshee noggles, and I know they had a pack together. The only reason I said I got them from the accessories is because I only every buy accessories but still got noggles in the mail. Except for Wisp prime, I bought her full access, but still haven't gotten her noggle :(

• Like 1

My gut feeling is "poorly explained," given there was a holiday and also everyone apparently got slammed by the cross-save account linking overloading systems and so on. I can easily see a frazzled person writing poorly-phrased marketing copy. Especially since the dev stream had a statement that aligned with how it has worked in the past.

I hope that's all it is, anyway.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Packetdancer said:

My gut feeling is "poorly explained," given there was a holiday and also everyone apparently got slammed by the cross-save account linking overloading systems and so on. I can easily see a frazzled person writing poorly-phrased marketing copy. Especially since the dev stream had a statement that aligned with how it has worked in the past.

I hope that's all it is, anyway.

I think the idea is that, unlike normal accessories, these two are also included in the warframe-only pack, which would usually not have any accessory.

1 minute ago, drakolich21 said:

I think the idea is that, unlike normal accessories, these two are also included in the warframe-only pack, which would usually not have any accessory.

I could definitely see that; a "both the Accessories and Warframe packs contain these extra goodies" scenario would definitely match one possible reading of the text, while also being a change from the normal (thus worth calling out in the announcement).

It could still have been better phrased regardless even if so, but... see previous comment.

7 hours ago, drakolich21 said:

I think the idea was that Gauss PA has bonus items that previous PAs did not.

On 2024-01-11 at 6:16 PM, drakolich21 said:

The helmet and floof are apparently in the accessories pack too!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentRealOryxTTours-2baHHbqrXsMWjnTl

Now we just have to see if this was poorly explained or miscommunication inside the team and Meg has it wrong, let's hope they're doing this the right way.

I made this thread because of the "additional" discrepancy with the "Permanent Nightwave Acts" situation. To be honest, I just read first party announcements with a grain of salt now. I read things giving benefit of the doubt, but I'm not naive enough to rule out the possibility of yet another turn on the screws of monetization that DE has been cooking for a couple years now. Issues and questions like these are better highlighted when it's first apparent.

I rather be wrong and things are fine than silent and getting an even shorter stick than previous "situations" like the Heirlooms, Supporter Packs, Regal Aya, etc.

It's really a shame that these kinds of announcements are made off-platform. When they aren't, there's little elaboration afterwards and it's basically just "it is how it is".

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

I was planning on buying the Prime Accessories but if it doesn't include the Floof and Helmet I might not do it.

It's already annoying because it doesn't have platinum, but if it also misses content? Hell no. 

Edited by Ramzarn
  • Like 1

On 2024-01-11 at 3:35 PM, --N-- said:

If they are in Prime Accessories or not I'm gonna buy it either way. And yes, it will be coming back at Varzia...in 2-3 years maybe; but seeing how the 'recently' vaulted primes, like nidus, gara, khora etc still did not yet show up I'm thinking about a post I made few months ago in which I said it would be a great idea to have Varzia on a rotation basis and not completely random solely controlled by DE.

4 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Ambiguous descriptions aside. I have always hated how poorly they show off the actual accessories in promotional material. It's very difficult to see what you're actually getting in the pack and has sometimes led to some buyers remorse.

Fist step before buying any premium pack is to chat link it. You get the same view as you get for any market item.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)drakolich21 said:

Fist step before buying any premium pack is to chat link it. You get the same view as you get for any market item.

But having to do that highlights a huge flaw in the system. People shouldn't have to jump through hoops to check what exactly they're buying. These things should be displayed clearly and visibly on the store page. This is even more egregious for things like Ephemeras which have unique animations. A tiny static image is simply unacceptable, especially when the accessory pack alone costs as much as a brand new video game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

But having to do that highlights a huge flaw in the system. People shouldn't have to jump through hoops to check what exactly they're buying. These things should be displayed clearly and visibly on the store page. This is even more egregious for things like Ephemeras which have unique animations. A tiny static image is simply unacceptable, especially when the accessory pack alone costs as much as a brand new video game. 

Oh absolutely, the fact that the only items that aren't properly shown are the premium ones makes it even worse. That's probably the best change with prime resurgence.

2 hours ago, drakolich21 said:

Oh absolutely, the fact that the only items that aren't properly shown are the premium ones makes it even worse. That's probably the best change with prime resurgence.

I definitely have no complaints about the Prime Resurgence store. Everything is individually listed and easily visible. I just wish Prime Access would get the same treatment. 

On 2024-01-10 at 5:22 PM, --N-- said:

That was literally the question, and she said yes.

On 2024-01-10 at 5:25 PM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

She literally said varzia, Varzia can only be interacted with at maros bizzare, so the common denominator is kind of right there.

Sorry for the delayed response I couldn't log in at all, forum was glitched.

I find her response unsatisfying, while yeah the gauss prime pack will return to Varzia eventually, will those cosmetics with the * be available to buy individually from her shop or just pack exclusive, making it pack exclusive would be poopy.

21 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Given their track record

Likely No.

If you look at the prime resurgence shop right now, the prime noggles for resurgence frames are indeed available there, and I expect for Gauss prime this will be no different (in 4 years or whatnot when he hits resurgence). I also fully expect the floof to be in Varzia's shop as well, as it is considered a prime accessory.