The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Aya and not medallions?

Tombsite

So I’ve just watched Dev-shorts 3 and when Rebb announced the change to gaining ranks with the syndicates that was the first question that came to mind.

Now I know that you’ve (DE) have probably already made the change and are just waiting to upload. And to be fair it doesn’t really affect me as it’s been a long time since I became allied to all of the syndicates, but might I offer an alternative solution?

Rank 1: Resources
Rank 2: Credits
Rank 3: x tier 1 medallions
Rank 4: y tier 2 medallions
Rank 5: z tier 3 medallions

See I always thought that you guys had a reason for insisting that it had to be prime parts (some sort of “tutorial” or incentive to learn to trade) but seeing as you went with Aya, something that doesn’t even need one to run a fissure I think one could do something more thematic.

Right now one can become a close ally to any syndicate without ever “helping” them. Just be a friend of a friend and that is enough. Changing the sacrifice to a syndicate specific medallion means that one has at least run one mission (probably more depending on the value of z) for the syndicate you’re about to be allied to… just seems more fitting to me. 

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tombsite said:

Why Aya and not medallions?

Because usually you have to sacrifice some specific Prime part/blueprint which DE often has to switch when that part gets vaulted. With this change the cost will be a constant and wont require players having to farm for a specific item on a double RNG to get it.

Medallions are just too easy to acquire, any Syndicate missions gives you up to 8 of them.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Medallions are just too easy to acquire, any Syndicate missions gives you up to 8 of them.

unless it was like 500,000pts worth of trade-in value or something, lmao

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Because usually you have to sacrifice some specific Prime part/blueprint which DE often has to switch when that part gets vaulted. With this change the cost will be a constant and wont require players having to farm for a specific item on a double RNG to get it.

I just wished they made all items tradeable or atleast let us rank up all 6.

13 hours ago, Tombsite said:

Right now one can become a close ally to any syndicate without ever “helping” them. Just be a friend of a friend and that is enough. Changing the sacrifice to a syndicate specific medallion means that one has at least run one mission (probably more depending on the value of z) for the syndicate you’re about to be allied to

I mean, if you want a reason NOT to use Medallions, you just named one right there.

You'd need to run missions for that Syndicate, which, depending on your setup, you may never want to do.

Like, in a 4 Syndicates setup, you basically never run 2 of them, and only ever gain Standing for them via the respective allied Syndicate.

49 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I mean, if you want a reason NOT to use Medallions, you just named one right there.

You'd need to run missions for that Syndicate, which, depending on your setup, you may never want to do.

Like, in a 4 Syndicates setup, you basically never run 2 of them, and only ever gain Standing for them via the respective allied Syndicate.

Yup that is exactly what I do myself currently (as it's the most efficient). But that is why I said the change would be more thematic. If you want to become trusted to the highest level with a syndicate you have to actually run missions for them. Now this will not matter in the long run (where you'd most likely default to only running missions for two) but it does give a little flavor to start off with.

2 hours ago, Tombsite said:

But that is why I said the change would be more thematic. If you want to become trusted to the highest level with a syndicate you have to actually run missions for them

Sure it's thematic, but it's also just annoying busywork.

Right now you can grab a 4th syndicate (either Steel Meridian or Red Veil) without too much trouble.

With your idea in place?  Now you have to lower standing with your other syndicates to rank it up.....which just creates busywork with no real purpose other than "Hey, we decided that the player should have more on their plate to do!"

And right now the game is starting to approach the "Too much to do...." spot, especially for newer players.  We don't need pointless busywork added on just for the sake of it being pointless busywork.

And if you're ranking up your 4th syndicate from negatives you're going to be running a lot of missions for them to get the medallions required to go from negatives to the max rank....which just means more penalties to your main syndicates, which means more busywork.