Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boosters Rework + Detailed explanation

(PSN)Melo-Cake_IsBack

Before I begin I would like people to take this post with a grain of salt Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN and not take it too seriously.

The chances of this being implemented is very.. very low.

How Boosters currently work:

Fu9LlQG.png

Source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Resource_Booster#:~:text=A Resource Booster becomes active,up on the duration timer. 

pXAGxW2.png

Rework:

• ACTIVATE Boosters countdown timer ONLY when joining a game.
  • STOP Boosters countdown timer when hitting the extraction point (ending the round).

Monitary rework (plat:platinum: to buy Boosters):

• Needs added inflation to be equal to Boosters "worth/time".

"Possible" Boosters: 

• 6h Boosters
  • 12h Boosters
  • 24h Boosters
  • 3-Day Boosters (72h total)

Skeptical Boosters that may not be ideal in it's form using this rework:

• 7-Day Boosters (168h total)
  • 30-Day Boosters (720h total)

Note: Only by aquiring additional Boosters could you reach these duration times (obviously).

I will await your response.

Note: Keep it calm and respectful.

You know very well that if they ever implement the "Booster active only when in mission" as it's very often requested, they'll also reduce the runtime of those boosters dramatically.

Like the 6h-booster will become a 30-minute one, at best. No way we will have a 72-hours booster if that's 72 hours of mission.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

You know very well that if they ever implement the "Booster active only when in mission" as it's very often requested, they'll also reduce the runtime of those boosters dramatically.

Like the 6h-booster will become a 30-minute one, at best. No way we will have a 72-hours booster if that's 72 hours of mission.

I am well aware of that, 6h Boosters should still be possible considering most of us already spend atleast 1-2h a day playing the game when possible. 6 hours playing Warframe goes by very fast. Therefor the 12h, 24h and 3-Day Boosters should also still be "possible".

30 minute Boosters would be useless because that will be worth 1 round of a game.

Edited by (PSN)Melo-Cake_IsBack

That would be nice to have when it's only active when you play, but given that Booster is DE's life blood next to Slots, I don't see this ever getting changed for several reasons but I'll list one since we'll be here all day.

Boosters are meant to incentivise players to actually play the game while they have brought the booster via Plat, so it doesn't sit there doing anything and the player has "No Reason" to play. DE requires playtime and the Boosters to get money. Also given how DE treat players who "Have a Life" so to speak, this is never gonna happen either. Since if you're not playing Warframe, you are not "Worth the time". 

On that other note: DE have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to manipulating their Plat in any form or store items such as PA, Value of items, items in bundles that you can only get if you buy the full bag and as of recently limited-time items such as the Heirloom pack. This isn't just strictly DE, Bungie is the same with their own Store, any changes or requests to change it are a massive NO cuz they affect Money.

.I love the idea, but it'll NEVER happen 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Melo-Cake_IsBack said:

30 minute Boosters would be useless because that will be worth 1 round of a game.

To a Player yes, but DE will do this, cuz it makes you spend more Plat = Spending more money.

What you offer here simply stops them from making profits (no pun intended)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That would be nice to have when it's only active when you play, but given that Booster is DE's life blood next to Slots, I don't see this ever getting changed for several reasons but I'll list one since we'll be here all day.

Boosters are meant to incentivise players to actually play the game while they have brought the booster via Plat, so it doesn't sit there doing anything and the player has "No Reason" to play. DE requires playtime and the Boosters to get money. Also given how DE treat players who "Have a Life" so to speak, this is never gonna happen either. Since if you're not playing Warframe, you are not "Worth the time". 

On that other note: DE have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to manipulating their Plat in any form or store items such as PA, Value of items, items in bundles that you can only get if you buy the full bag and as of recently limited-time items such as the Heirloom pack. This isn't just strictly DE, Bungie is the same with their own Store, any changes or requests to change it are a massive NO cuz they affect Money.

.I love the idea, but it'll NEVER happen 

To a Player yes, but DE will do this, cuz it makes you spend more Plat = Spending more money.

What you offer here simply stops them from making profits (no pun intended)

Monitary rework (plat:platinum: to buy Boosters):

• Needs added inflation to be equal to Boosters "worth/time".

To why I said they need to adjust the plat for buying these packs to be equal to what's it's value/worth would be (cost more money to buy).

• Benefits of this is if someone is planning on not playing for a few days because of work/life. Yet it's countdown timer will still remain the same and the money spend on it is still worth it's value (for us) for when playing the game when we have time. (DE by the time would already have the money sitting in their bank).

I read your reply and I understand it, but I hope they one day figure it out on what would be possible and not possible for these kind of ''packs".

The current model of boosters is meant to make you play even when you don't want to because you have a fear of missing out. This increases play time, so it's good for DE. 
Your model would give people decision paralysis, as they don't want to waste their boosters, so one might even play less, as to not waste the booster timer.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Melo-Cake_IsBack said:

"Possible" Boosters: 

• 6h Boosters
  • 12h Boosters
  • 24h Boosters
  • 3-Day Boosters (72h total)

And with your system these would not actually be offered.

We would probably have boosters in the realms of:

• 30 minute
  • 1 hour
  • 3 hours
  • 6 hours

And that's it.  No way would DE offer large amounts of time for an in mission only booster.

Also @Circle_of_Psi has an excellent point about the boosters: They are to make you play now, because your booster is currently ticking down.  If you could just sit on a pile of boosters indefinitely you wouldn't have the impetus to play now, and DE wants high returning player counts and boosters are part of that strategy.
Further the boosters constantly running out acts as a money flow for DE.  After all you took a short break from the game and your boosters are now gone, why not buy some more so you can take advantage?
If you could just sit on your booster forever without it ever expiring then it could easily start cutting into DEs profits.

Edited by Tsukinoki