Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do viewers always spam "!drop" at streams

Kiksik2

because twitch chat is sharing 2 braincells between all 5K+ of them.

in truth, its basically herd behaviour, they see someone else do it and think "oh, i need to do this to get the drops" without thinking anything more of it.

Edited by SDGDen
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Kiksik2 said:

It is unnecessary as far as I know to get the drops or at least I always got them and never once touched the chat window, why do they do it?

Becuase theyre humans. Be grateful the chat is not full of bots and AI. Every time there is something slightly complicated, people will get confused, often doubting the very fabric of reality. Some people will also make a mistake. Also every time you see ! in chat and you havent been paying attention, you rather do it just in case it does something.

Also this: 

Spoiler

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

Because DE's twitch moderators don't ban the phrase.

That's literally it. There are too many people, and once something like that gets going, it only gets worse, because of the herd mentality.
Mods need to be on top of it and just ban the phrase, so that it doesn't suck in more people and chat can stay readable.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

Mods need to be on top of it and just ban the phrase, so that it doesn't suck in more people and chat can stay readable.

I dont think the mods need to do anything as the chat is never readable, spam or not.

To keep chat clear from that spam for yourself, there is a browser add-on for Twitch called BetterTTV.

It lets you blacklist specific words so they never show up for you.  I never get to see those !drop and !getdrop anymore (and their misspelled variations).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MystMan said:

To keep chat clear from that spam for yourself, there is a browser add-on for Twitch called BetterTTV.

It lets you blacklist specific words so they never show up for you.  I never get to see those !drop and !getdrop anymore (and their misspelled variations).

Oh nice, thanks for that :)