Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Electric Shield Should Have a Hold Cast

Arbitrary

It would be nice if you could hold cast Electric Shield to immediately give the riot shield form instead of having to cast then pick it up.

Using the interact key is mildly annoying sometimes when you're near another interactables that eat your input (such as Eidolon lures) or accidentally start reloading (yes I know you can turn off reload with context action input)

Edited by Arbitrary
Grammar
  • Like 13

16 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

Using the interact key is mildly annoying sometimes when you're near another interactables that eat your input (such as Eidolon lures) or accidentally start reloading

I'd rather fix this issue by making the shield pickup / drop into a hold action.

Not least since then, manual reloads / interactions while carrying the shield wouldn't also make you drop it.

No other use for hold on the skill so why not.

I would add that it would be nice when using Transistor Shield other players had a small indication they can pick it up without walking over.

13 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'd rather fix this issue by making the shield pickup / drop into a hold action.

You mean holding the "use" control?  Does anything else work that way already?

I've got nothing against the idea, but if it's not in game already it's less plausible.

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You mean holding the "use" control?  Does anything else work that way already?

I've got nothing against the idea, but if it's not in game already it's less plausible.

There's stuff like stabbing a Larvling / Candidate, and using the "exit tentacle" in Isolation Vaults.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add to this after playing Volt a bit more. Mostly been playing brawlers since I came back.

A personal shield duration indicator would be nice. When multiple shields are out it gets pretty wonky and it's an important form of protection.

I don't think this will be needed for other player's UI but you could do it.
Ideally Volt casts his shield picks it up then casts for other players. Volt keeps the timing much like he would if they were the stationary version.

Edited by Xzorn

Also,  it should not fall when you use operator. 

Coz now it does, and you will have to backtrack and pick it up or cast a fresh one after every Transference.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Also,  it should not fall when you use operator. 

Coz now it does, and you will have to backtrack and pick it up or cast a fresh one after every Transference.   

Yes to this too.

I started using Unairu on Volt so I could slot Rush in my exilus and still get knock down immunity. Switching in and out of your operator is frustrating when trying to carry a shield.

Edited by (XBOX)INe Saninus