The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Desiccation's Curse- change to "augment passive - on all finishers/kills" (in answer to Devstream 1777777)

quxier

Make the augment work on all finishers or kills as noted here:

- enemies killed by Inaros create Sand shadow

More info here:

Dessication curse augment:

Desiccation Augment: Killing a blinded enemy with a finisher has a 100% chance of summoning a Sand Shadow. All Sand Shadows deal 2x damage.

• Drains 25 energy when creating a Sand Shadow, affected by Ability Efficiency.
  • Sand Shadows have a 15 second duration, affected by Ability Duration.
    • Maximum limit is 3 Sand Shadows. Creating a new one will cause the oldest to die.
  • Summon chance and maximum Sand Shadow limit are not affected by mods.
  • Will not work with  Blade Storm when subsumed onto  Ash, despite being counted as finisher kills.

So you are using 100 energy, for short lived (15 second) that do nothing for few seconds and disappears after ~10 seconcds. Not only that but enemies have to face Inaros and you have to do slow finishers. It has too much restrictions.

20 minutes ago, quxier said:

Not only that but enemies have to face Inaros and you have to do slow finishers.

It does work on ground finishers, and it looks like the new Sandstorm will be good at putting enemies on the ground in a pile. If so, he'll be able to get multiple shadows at once fairly easily.

Just something to keep in mind. I don't know that it's enough to make it a good augment.  Personally I still may not be interested in it not because of finisher requirements but because I don't enjoy minions much. 

Edited by Tiltskillet

15 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:
15 hours ago, quxier said:

Not only that but enemies have to face Inaros and you have to do slow finishers.

It does work on ground finishers, and it looks like the new Sandstorm will be good at putting enemies on the ground in a pile. If so, he'll be able to get multiple shadows at once fairly easily.

But you have to first mark them with 1st, right? I wasn't very precise. I meant:

- Finisher kills without need to use 1st. So with reworked Inaros, Sandstorm put enemies into ground, so you can do ground finisher on them. Doing so will create Sandclone.

- On any kill - it would probably require 1st, random spawn or some manual spawn like Nekros.

In general Developers should avoid using % base damage. It's a very dangerous slope and yes I know DE has already done this.

The reason it should usually be avoided is because it scales independent of whatever combat system you've created.
It can also result in situations where you just auto kill targets ie Covert Lethality. X + 1 scaling is just about always a bad idea.

Hopefully they have the foresight to allow Sand Shadows to be affected by Duration.
My Inaros rework years back also allowed them to be carriers of Scarabs to help curve AI Vs AI Damage issues.

31 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Also, Mercy Finishers should count as a condition as well.

Probably worth a bug report if so.  I don't know if he meant it 100% literally, but Pablo said in the AoD Devstream the intent was to unify finisher triggers between every type, including Mercy. It's hard to imagine a balance reason for them not working for Shadows.

• Like 1