Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn & Gazal question

With the Inaros rework coming I just thought u would ask if we were ever going to get a prime version of Djinn and Gazal. Or are they going to wind up like other forgotten teno equipment and not get a prime version.

I ask because I enjoy both and I always felt they went with inaros visually.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to bet we'll eventually see them. Most of the frames to be primed going forward only have one signature weapon, so there's lots of room.

Personally I want to see all the sentinels get primes, Including and especially Taxon. I've always liked tennos first companion.

• Like 3

I'd be surprised if most Sentinels didn't get primed someday, just because they're so appealing.  With the exception of Diriga, that is, since it's a Grineer construct and Grineer stuff doesn't get Primed.

Though I guess I also wouldn't be surprised if Oxylus didn't get Primed because of how non-combat it is, and Taxon might be a hard sell for Prime Access since he doesn't do enough to compete with other Sentinels...

3 hours ago, (XBOX)The Wurm King said:

if we were ever going to get a prime version of Djinn and Gazal

Not with Inaro's rework we arent, most likely Djinn will get Primed some day, i hope, but the Gazal Machete i find it unlikely and unnecessary as there are other, better and more popular Melee weapons to get primed in its place.

2 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

With the exception of Diriga, that is, since it's a Grineer construct and Grineer stuff doesn't get Primed.

I wouldnt be entirely sure of that, the main rule for Priming stuff is if it existed back during the Orokin Era, i dont think the Diriga did tho but there are Grineer weapons that can be primed, the Gotva Prime as example as it was an Orokin era Grineer weapon.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Oxylus didn't get Primed because of how non-combat it is

I dont think it could be Primed as its a Solaris United construct, probably The Business's own design to help in conservation, that means its pos Orokin era and unlikely to ever get a Prime.

Taxon might be a hard sell for Prime Access since he doesn't do enough to compete with other Sentinels...

I think the Taxon is more of a Tenno Tech, something that came pos Orokin Era and honestly it would make more sense priming the Nautilus than Taxon as the Nautilus is a Railjack support bot and Railjacks are an Orokin Era tech, also the Nautilus's weapon is infinitely stronger than that of the Taxon.

hace 1 hora, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

Not with Inaro's rework we arent, most likely Djinn will get Primed some day, i hope, but the Gazal Machete i find it unlikely and unnecessary as there are other, better and more popular Melee weapons to get primed in its place.

Whether it's a good weapon or not doesn't affect whether it will ever receive a prime version.

I wouldnt be entirely sure of that, the main rule for Priming stuff is if it existed back during the Orokin Era, i dont think the Diriga did tho but there are Grineer weapons that can be primed, the Gotva Prime as example as it was an Orokin era Grineer weapon.

Gotva was never a Grineer weapon, from the beginning it was a prime weapon that the Orokin gave to the Grineer they had in their service.

I think the Taxon is more of a Tenno Tech, something that came pos Orokin Era and honestly it would make more sense priming the Nautilus than Taxon as the Nautilus is a Railjack support bot and Railjacks are an Orokin Era tech, also the Nautilus's weapon is infinitely stronger than that of the Taxon.

There is no information that indicates when it was created and if it is from Tenno technology, all the more reason it should receive a prime version. If Helios, which is a sentinel corpus, had its prime version, why couldn't Taxon?

9 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Gotva was never a Grineer weapon, from the beginning it was a prime weapon that the Orokin gave to the Grineer they had in their service.

Many of the things that Grineer use used to be tied to the Orokin, so Gotva for instance is a Grineer weapon that is also a Prime Orokin weapon. Which then got reverse engineered to become that other weapon that I forgot the name of. So Diriga could have a prime version, it's just that the regular version is Grineer made, but it can be reverse engineered from something else, like for instance a prime... or something else, or an original creation of the Grineer.

I think the only weapons that are really out of bounds to be primed are infested weapons, since they are already exsisting weapons that have gotten infested. Unless DE comes up with a new plan for obtaining or crafting them. Like obtaining the base prime of the weapon then combining it with the infested version to get say Mutalist Cernos Prime or Probocesis Cernos Prime for isntance.

hace 15 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

Many of the things that Grineer use used to be tied to the Orokin, so Gotva for instance is a Grineer weapon that is also a Prime Orokin weapon. Which then got reverse engineered to become that other weapon that I forgot the name of. So Diriga could have a prime version, it's just that the regular version is Grineer made, but it can be reverse engineered from something else, like for instance a prime... or something else, or an original creation of the Grineer.

I think the only weapons that are really out of bounds to be primed are infested weapons, since they are already exsisting weapons that have gotten infested. Unless DE comes up with a new plan for obtaining or crafting them. Like obtaining the base prime of the weapon then combining it with the infested version to get say Mutalist Cernos Prime or Probocesis Cernos Prime for isntance.

Currently its "normal" variant would be the aeolak, but that is a weapon manifested by the void, I don't know what other weapon it could be. It is likely that Diriga will get a Prime version, Helios got it and it is a sentinel corpus, but in the case of Grineer weapons I don't think so, with the exception of the Gotva Prime (which at that time all Grineer equipment was more refined and even its ships had Orokin looks) no Grineer or Corpus weapon has been given a prime version and I highly doubt they will.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

11 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

39d251a28f705ddc771cfb04de9f31d9.png

11 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

If Helios, which is a sentinel corpus, had its prime version, why couldn't Taxon?

1 hour ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Helios got it and it is a sentinel corpus

Helios existed in the Orokin era, it was used by the Corpus to transport research data in between them self and their Orokin masters.

1 hour ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Currently its "normal" variant would be the aeolak, but that is a weapon manifested by the void, I don't know what other weapon it could be. It is likely that Diriga will get a Prime version, Helios got it and it is a sentinel corpus, but in the case of Grineer weapons I don't think so, with the exception of the Gotva Prime (which at that time all Grineer equipment was more refined and even its ships had Orokin looks) no Grineer or Corpus weapon has been given a prime version and I highly doubt they will.

Yeah Aeolak is the name. It's probably a warped Gotva Prime since the Thrax are supposedly tainted or manifested Grineer. Which could mean that there is no normal version of the Gotva used by the Grineer. Unless Aeolak isnt actually warped and just the Grineer normal version of the Gotva, and happens to be used by the Thrax since it is based on a Grineer. And yeah I think we wont get many prime versions of grineer and corpus weapons. I think this is partly due to say Grineer weapons just being the Grineer version of a Prime that the tenno have a Tenno version of. So while we wont get a Gorgon Prime, we have Tenora and Tenora Prime, which the Gorgon might have been based on.

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

They could certainly pull the rug out from us at any time, but my read is that Gotva Prime is an Orokin weapon that was given to Orokin-era Grineer.  Personally, I think that's meaningfully different than weapons engineered by modern-day Grineer.  But weirder things have happened, like Revenant Prime, so I'll agree that nothing is impossible. ^^

hace 5 horas, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

39d251a28f705ddc771cfb04de9f31d9.png

Helios existed in the Orokin era, it was used by the Corpus to transport research data in between them self and their Orokin masters.

If a Grineer wields the Corinth Prime, it does not make it a Grineer weapon, the Gotva Prime was not created by the Grineers, the Orokin made them and gave them to them.

and, in turn, the orokin could also use the taxon as a simple combat sentinel, a simple reason for taxon prime.

9 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

If a Grineer wields the Corinth Prime

Thats a poor comparative choice.

You could have said the Strun and Boar as Grineer used to wield them in game but that predates your time in warframe which would explain you not knowing.

11 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

the Gotva Prime was not created by the Grineers, the Orokin made them and gave them to them.

Nowhere does it say it was created by the Orokin either, the mere fact it has "Prime" on the name doesnt mean it was but given it was designed with the Grineer in mind we can assume it might have been designed by someone within the Grineer ranks.

hace 38 minutos, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

Nowhere does it say it was created by the Orokin either, the mere fact it has "Prime" on the name doesnt mean it was but given it was designed with the Grineer in mind we can assume it might have been designed by someone within the Grineer ranks.

This is literally what the pronoun "prime" means. Everything prime comes from Orokin, do we have anything prime that is sentient? or murmur? Or even Narmer? It was designed for the Grineers, because they were soldiers of the Orokin, unless directly mentioned, all Prime is designed by the Orokin, assuming otherwise is just that, an unfounded assumption.

hace 38 minutos, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

Thats a poor comparative choice.

You could have said the Strun and Boar as Grineer used to wield them in game but that predates your time in warframe which would explain you not knowing.

Obviously back then they didn't have a story planned for the game, they didn't even speak the same language (where's the hoarse voice that screams "tenno skoom"?), and why did they appear in corpus ships instead of an Asteroids or grineer ship?

It's not a good comparison either.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

On 2024-02-28 at 12:01 AM, (XBOX)The Wurm King said:

prime version of Djinn

On 2024-02-28 at 12:01 AM, (XBOX)The Wurm King said:

ask because I enjoy both

Djinns whole thing was the "self revive" that alll of the sentinels can do now ? I kinda stopped using it