Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us use Non-Prime versions of Prime Weapons as skins

Sidiax

So, it's been a requested feature for a while now, and honestly, it's time for a major fashionframe upgrade. Even as someone who's a fan of the Orokin aesthetic, constantly having gold on everything gets a little old. Sometimes, I prefer the regular look because it just goes better with more styles. Just like how we can use non-prime skins with primed Warframes, we should be able to do the same thing with weapons. This should also extend to Kuva/Tenet/Vandal/Wraith/Prisma weapons too, as we already have skins that can completely alter a weapon's appearance, so using their base form shouldn't be an issue.

A prime ability/exalted weapon toggle would be dope too.

Edited by Sidiax
wording
  • Like 9

I see nothing wrong with this even if I vastly prefer my prime variants.

I'm almost always in favor of more fashion especially when it doesn't require new animations or significant dev tome

Edited by pwnSacrifice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sidiax said:

So, it's been a requested feature for a while now, and honestly, it's time for a major fashionframe upgrade. Even as someone who's a fan of the Orokin aesthetic, constantly having gold on everything gets a little old. Sometimes, I prefer the regular look because it just goes better with more styles. Just like how we can use non-prime skins with primed Warframes, we should be able to do the same thing with weapons. This should also extend this to Kuva/Tenet/Vandal/Wraith/Prisma weapons too, as we already have skins that can completely change a weapon's appearance, so using their base form shouldn't be an issue.

A prime ability/exalted weapon toggle would be dope too.

I want my Magnus Prime without the odd Nidus Prime Texture. So I couldn't agree more

• Like 1

Yes please, Karyst Prime is the ugliest blade ever forged, the regular version looks way better. 

Pangolin prime is also fugly but base Pangolin Sword is one of the nicest in game IMO. Would love to combine prime stats with the base look.

Unfortunately there are a LOT of weapons with prime versions to go through, so unless there's a quick way to do this, which i doubt there is, it might seem like too much work and not enough benefit for DE.

• Like 2

So, I get that it's an asked for feature (Forum Bingo, woo!) but...

Why is it now time?

I mean... think about why it hasn't been done so far: There's this big list of priorities that DE has. At the top of the list are things like 'new content' and 'fixing broken stuff', then further down are things like 'fixing things that aren't broken, but are bad' and 'prepare for TennoCon'.

Then all the way down at the bottom of the list of priorities is 'make Ember good again' and 'allow Prime Weapons to use non-Prime skins'.

Has that priority list actually changed at all?

How do you know it has?

Because as far as I've seen, it really hasn't.

DE have outright said they want to do this. The fact that they haven't is just a matter of 'X is more important to them than Y'.

So my advice is just this: Sit tight. They'll get around to it. Probably way later than you want them to. And be surprised and happy when they do it.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

So, I get that it's an asked for feature (Forum Bingo, woo!) but...

Why is it now time?

I mean... think about why it hasn't been done so far: There's this big list of priorities that DE has. At the top of the list are things like 'new content' and 'fixing broken stuff', then further down are things like 'fixing things that aren't broken, but are bad' and 'prepare for TennoCon'.

Then all the way down at the bottom of the list of priorities is 'make Ember good again' and 'allow Prime Weapons to use non-Prime skins'.

Has that priority list actually changed at all?

How do you know it has?

Because as far as I've seen, it really hasn't.

DE have outright said they want to do this. The fact that they haven't is just a matter of 'X is more important to them than Y'.

So my advice is just this: Sit tight. They'll get around to it. Probably way later than you want them to. And be surprised and happy when they do it.

Okay ? Your post serves no purpose other than to needlessly patronize. As far as I'm aware, you don't know DE's priority list either. In fact, none of us do, which is exactly why I made this thread - remind people of a highly requested feature that hasn't been mentioned by DE recently.

Edited by Sidiax
  • Like 5

Silva and Aegis Prime probably isn't very good these days, but I just. I just really want the damn fire lightsaber and badass fire shield without needing to deal with the truly frighteningly bad stats on the default...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sidiax said:

Okay ? Your post serves no purpose other than to needlessly patronize. As far as I'm aware, you don't know DE's priority list either. In fact, none of us do, which is exactly why I made this thread - remind people of a highly requested feature that hasn't been mentioned by DE recently.

Your post wasn't clear that you knew why DE hadn't done this yet.

Your post didn't point out that DE have already acknowledged this idea and are committed to doing it.

Your post merely stated that 'it's time'.

Is it?

If you're going to make statements like that without also stating that you are aware of the relevant counter-points, then the relevant counter-points are going to be given to you.

Usually in a patronising manner, because without any context it's assumed that you could use a little of that.

On 2024-03-04 at 7:25 PM, Loza03 said:

Silva and Aegis Prime probably isn't very good these days, but I just. I just really want the damn fire lightsaber and badass fire shield without needing to deal with the truly frighteningly bad stats on the default...

Ah yes, the weapon also known as Toilet Brush and Lid Prime. Why they decided that a flaming sword should be primed into a spinning mace I still don't understand.

• Like 1

Mmm regular skins on variants would be nice overall. I'd also like to see the option to actually maintain the skin on Incarnons. I dont need the specific Incarnon visual to keep track of if incarnon is active. Just let the weapon stay as the base form look when transforming.

7 hours ago, Sidiax said:

Ah yes, the weapon also known as Toilet Brush and Lid Prime. Why they decided that a flaming sword should be primed into a spinning mace I still don't understand.

Because it was released with Oberon Prime, and Oberon is basically a paladin. Paladins typically wield a shield, with some form of blunt weapon like a mace or flail.