Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Updated Arsenal Weapon Information Statistics Are Awful and Should Be Reverted

The new weapon information statistics suffers from too many hover overs to look at all the useful information. Total ammo capacity and reload speed are now hover statistics when they should be visible at all times. This needs to be reverted immediately. Same thing goes for the accuracy now using "words" to describe the accuracy with hover statistics that don't mean much of anything.

I initially thought my game was bugged out until I started hovering over everything. This is not a good idea to hide incredibly valuable information from the player via a hover.

Edited by JargenBakt
Fixed Typo In Topic Title
  • Like 9

Honestly I don't mind the change to Accuracy since the numerical representation was impossible to understand what it represented and more times than not was completely irrelevant.

The change to reload/max ammo absolutely needs to be reverted, it's a nuisance to check, doubly so with a controller. If they want to group those things, just have them below Magazine with a small indent or something.

Edited by Wyrd_Oh
  • Like 7

Shotguns need a numerical value to be present so you know exactly how much spread you're going to be getting. Seeing words like "Accuracy - Low" is not helpful. It needs to be reverted all the same. I know exactly how accurate and how much spread you get with each shotgun because from one number to the next it gets wildly more accurate and less spread. Going from a shotgun like the Kuva Kohm (Accuracy 8) to the Strun Prime (Accuracy 9.1) is huge. Kuva Kohm sits at that sweet spot for accuracy and spread. Values above 8 tend to be extremely accurate with minimal spread.

• Like 3

Yep, that needs a change again. Reload time is an important stat, especially on weapons with a large magazine.

And I´m overall not a fan of not seeing which stats got changed if I add a mod.
Having to hover over every stat just to look for the change is very inconvenient.

Removing/adding fast hands shows no change until I hover over the magazine stat:
WCAc507.png
KatSibJ.png

And adding/removing a mod should not reset/jump back the stat window back to the top.
Like if I'm modding a weapon for its burst mode, it's very annoying to always scroll down and then seeing which values changed (if I can even see any changes because the changes are hidden in the hovering menu).

Edited by Dark_Lugia
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

Shotguns need a numerical value to be present so you know exactly how much spread you're going to be getting.

Well it's great you managed to decipher it, but I don't think I'm in a minority of people who didn't. You also have cases like the Regulators, which would have accuracy of 100, then drop to like 13 (IIRC) when you put on Magnum Force. With the updated stats I can see now it gets about 5 degrees of deviation, whereas before it meant nothing. Maybe it could do without the worded representation and show purely the degrees, but I can't agree that the old numerical system was good at its job.

Posted (edited)

@Wyrd_OhThe shotgun accuracy statistic is understandable once you've used a few of them. 8 is the sweet spot so anything above this is crazy accurate and anything below this get progressively worse and worse. Boar Prime sits at 5 which is the bare minimum for general usage because the spread is simply too great at this point for any accurate shooting. The Bronco Prime sits at a horrendous 3 which means you can't hit anything unless you're right in front of the enemy and the accuracy can be improved using the incarnon to bring it up to Boar Prime levels of spread to make it more usable.

Accuracy stats on pretty much any other weapon type is meaningless with the exception of anything that has an interesting massive accuracy drop when using Heavy Caliber like the Ogris. Accuracy then serves to tell you that the projectiles are now spread out with accuracy less than 100.

Edit: Noticed just now that ammo recovered per ammo pickup is also missing which was an amazing statistic when it was there. It's just gone entirely.

Edited by JargenBakt

Reload and ammo maximum absolutely need to be shown at all times. They need to be right under magazine. If you want to save space, you could make magazine 11/450  to show both in one line.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DTRaptor said:

It’s also worth noting that there is no information related to ammo pickup amounts displayed at all. I feel like that is something should be listed.

For me, it's under the magazine stat as hover text, though I don't see it in other's screen shots.  It still needs to be reverted because this is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen done to a UI in any game I've ever played.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Yep, that needs a change again. Reload time is an important stat, especially on weapons with a large magazine.

And I´m overall not a fan of not seeing which stats got changed if I add a mod.
Having to hover over every stat just to look for the change is very inconvenient.

Removing/adding fast hands shows no change until I hover over the magazine stat:
WCAc507.png
KatSibJ.png

And adding/removing a mod should not reset/jump back the stat window back to the top.
Like if I'm modding a weapon for its burst mode, it's very annoying to always scroll down and then seeing which values changed (if I can even see any changes because the changes are hidden in the hovering menu).

Honestly, this is my only complaint. Reload is a lot more important than magazine size or ammo maximum. If DE wants to make a sub menu for these stats, Reload Time should be the one displayed by default, with the others being in sub menus.

Otherwise, welcome addition and, although I see where OP is coming from, it's a choice between a lot of necessary information upfront being too cluttered or too little information upfront for the sake of neatness and some annoying hovering over.

Make Reload be on top, tho.

Edited by BalaDeSilver
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Honestly, this is my only complaint. Reload is a lot more important than magazine size or ammo maximum. If DE wants to make a sub menu for these stats, Reload Time should be the one displayed by default, with the others being in sub menus.

Otherwise, welcome addition and, although I see where OP is coming from, it's a choice between a lot of necessary information upfront being too cluttered or too little information upfront for the sake of neatness and some annoying hovering over.

Make Reload be on top, tho.

Nothing about the way it was before was too cluttered.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

Nothing about the way it was before was too cluttered.

No, but it was still missing a lot of the info the new UI has hidden. This new stuff exposes a lot of stats previously hidden, in a way that isn't cluttered.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:

Its also bad that there is no indication of which stats have sub-stats and which not ^^!

Yes even an indicator that there was a sub-menu would be better than what we have atm.

• Like 3

• JargenBakt changed the title to Updated Arsenal Weapon Information Statistics Are Awful and Should Be Reverted

Obligatory disclaimer that I haven’t had time to play since the update, but from what I’ve seen I have some observations. Seeing what a hot topic this is, once I have had time to try things out I may make a new thread of my own. 

accuracy changes seem like they could be helpful. I was able to figure out how it worked long ago thanks to experimentation and the wiki. But you shouldn’t have to to have an understanding of the accuracy stat- though I will admit, the spread/deviation stats are more helpful than saying low/medium/high accuracy, in my opinion. 

as for “cleaning up” the stats, I understand why they want to do it, but also know that having all the info at a glance is nicer than hovering. A nice middle ground would be drop down menus instead of hovering to show the other statistics- that way you can have a simple, at a glance view of whatever you aren’t working on, and a more in depth look at what you are. Of course, I think it’d be nice to be able to have them all open at once as well. 
I think stats like multi-shot and punch through (and riven disposition, for that matter) are fine to not be displayed when there is an established default value. (1 for multishot, 0 for punch through). 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JargenBakt said:

The new weapon information statistics suffers from too many hover overs to look at all the useful information. Total ammo capacity and reload speed are now hover statistics when they should be visible at all times. This needs to be reverted immediately. Same thing goes for the accuracy now using "words" to describe the accuracy with hover statistics that don't mean much of anything.

I agree on Reload.  I disagree on Accuracy--the new format is far more useful to me.  Ammo Maximum I don't particularly care whether it gets its own line or not, although it seems like it would be intuitive to combine it in the same line with magazine.

One thing I absolutely love is damage type proportions under Status Chance.

There is still some information missing that I'd like to have available via hover: beam length and projectile speed, where applicable.

Also I wish Punch Through would be disabled or hard set to 0 on weapons where it does nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping my thread because the latest hotfix (35.5.6) still hasn't reverted the changes. I dunno about you guys, but it's not getting any better that I have to continually hover-over to look at information that I could have just as easily glanced at.

• Like 4

It's especially annoying for the combo counter as well. I shouldn't have to hover duration when I want to see the counter. Especially since it's a more important stat to mod in most cases.

I feel like a lot of these consolodations haven't been done with a day to day players views in mind. 

• Like 2