Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Auto-melee randomly stopping

There is a post 10 hours ago about the same thing, which means it is still going on even after the hotfix today. I also had this issue when i was in the new mission today, but it is gone in the simulacrum.

• Like 3

I noticed this too. I already miss being able to use the gear wheel to melee for me. I wish we had an auto melee "lock" option. Mobile has it to where you just run up to an enemy and it melees for you. Why not have an equivalent for other platforms?

• Like 3

auto melee feels like the old melee system i have to spam e for reliable melee hits pre sure this is when i quit wf this update so ass

ruined all of my favorite gamemodes

Edited by WorldOD
forgot smt
  • Like 1

Since the Dante update, I've also run into this issue where sometimes my auto-melee just stops.  For me it happens rarely enough that I'm unsure how to reproduce it, but it happens often enough that it's a bit frustrating.  I took a video of a time that it happened two times in close proximity, which I hope will help reproduce the issue.

There are two times in this clip where I stop melee attacking, and it's not because I stopped holding down the melee button. When I start attacking again afterwards, it's because I released the button and pressed it again.  This video was taken yesterday evening after Hotfix 2.

Edited by UnstarPrime
  • Like 2

Since my builds are mostly melee, all relying on melee arcane given armour to not go pop when I trip on a banana peel... The difficult content in the game is now basically unplayable because of this.

• Like 3

This bug gets exponentially more annoying the longer i play.
Also give us back the gear wheel holding melee, that was a feature not a bug.
I dont want to have to go back to using macros for melee so i dont break my thumb and more mice side buttons 😢

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RandyTaylor_ said:

This bug gets exponentially more annoying the longer i play.
Also give us back the gear wheel holding melee, that was a feature not a bug.
I dont want to have to go back to using macros for melee so i dont break my thumb and more mice side buttons 😢

I just hold LMB like I do with automatic weapons, it works fine.

Annoying when this happens.

Seems to happen more against Murmurs who use stun attacks more often than other factions.

Although most often this happens when you don't get stunned, you can still attack and use abilities, Auto-melee just stops.

Looks like have to re-learn to tap the attack button...

3 hours ago, FrostSpectre said:

Seems to happen more against Murmurs who use stun attacks more often than other factions.

Although most often this happens when you don't get stunned, you can still attack and use abilities, Auto-melee just stops.

Doesn't melee block those automatically? Maybe that's a possible reason this bug happens, it could be a cousin of the one where Yareli stops being able to use literally any action, ability or attack (except for movement) when affected by any stun while riding Merulina.

19 hours ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Doesn't melee block those automatically? Maybe that's a possible reason this bug happens, it could be a cousin of the one where Yareli stops being able to use literally any action, ability or attack (except for movement) when affected by any stun while riding Merulina.

Not if you equip the melee weapon, auto-block doesn't work then, in order to use "block" combos with mouse buttons, which are more fidgety if you try to use quick-melee button with a gun, causing you to slow down due to aiming down sights being same as block button