Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Deep Archimedea RNG loadout forced me to be an effectively AFK leech

Due to the RNG loadout system, I was forced into the following loadout:

• Nova (Prime)
  • Amprex
  • Euphona Prime
  • Galvachord
  • No access to Operator

Due to this, the only contribution I was capable of providing was Molecular Prime and Dispensary. Weapons deal pitiful damage, thus couldn't charge Antimatter Drop and couldn't contribute in the first nor second stages (Exterminate and Alchemy). In the third stage (Disruption), I could only contribute slowing of the Demolishers (couldn't deal damage to them, however).

This feels abysmally horrid.

DE, you need to swallow your undeserved pride and take the massive L you've dropped here. The RNG loadout system needs to go. It's objectively just flat out anti-fun, and on top of that, can put players into a position that forces them to literally go against the game's ToS/CoC.

• Like 16

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

Weird, when I played I got three different options for each Warframe and weapon.

Not all options are available to a given player, and in my case, these were the only options that worked. It doesn't care if you own the equipment or not, it'll just randomly choose three things per slot from anything that exists in the game for that slot.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Not all options are available to a given player, and in my case, these were the only options that worked. It doesn't care if you own the equipment or not, it'll just randomly choose three things per slot from anything that exists in the game for that slot.

Strange, the update notes stated that the options will be from your arsenal.
Everyone in my group only got weapons and Warframes they already owned as well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

Everyone in my group only got weapons and Warframes they already owned as well.

It doesn't care what you own.

Spoiler

4643c4326ac2ff2851f8fd0d1e1943c2.png

f97649bc43b7145ffaf2bd05cedc56f4.png

0d60b0e3a5d412aabbbfe519f9be5d24.png

7f68b6b3e8b1ac9142bc8fb3a4b77454.png

d5f5c9220d3532f35a6a726dd66e7fe9.png

2d2afa3b875f3a5eea81b8328293f754.jpg

It also apparently changes what options are available after some condition is met. Whether that is completing an Elite run (it didn't change after a normal run), or after some period of time has passed (would likely be based on hours, like other things that change over time).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It doesn't care what you own.

Reveal hidden contents

4643c4326ac2ff2851f8fd0d1e1943c2.png

f97649bc43b7145ffaf2bd05cedc56f4.png

0d60b0e3a5d412aabbbfe519f9be5d24.png

7f68b6b3e8b1ac9142bc8fb3a4b77454.png

d5f5c9220d3532f35a6a726dd66e7fe9.png

2d2afa3b875f3a5eea81b8328293f754.jpg

It also apparently changes what options are available after some condition is met. Whether that is completing an Elite run (it didn't change after a normal run), or after some period of time has passed (would likely be based on hours, like other things that change over time).

Might be worth a bug report then, since there are no ways to equip Warframes you don't own.
The way the Update Notes are worded also makes it sound like only items from your arsenal should be an option.

As for the rollover that happens at the same time as syndicates do.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

Might be worth a bug report then, since there are no ways to equip Warframes you don't own.
The way the Update Notes are worded also makes it sound like only items from your arsenal should be an option.

As for the rollover that happens at the same time as syndicates do.

It's not a bug, it's just how the RNG loadout systems in the game work.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It's not a bug, it's just how the RNG loadout systems in the game work.

That's not how it works at all, in Duviri they will lend you any Warframe or weapon you do not own.

This as well as the fact that the update notes specifying the items being ones from your arsenal makes me think it's a bug.

Edited by Maqabir
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

This as well as the fact that the update notes specifying the items being ones from your arsenal makes me think it's a bug.

It literally doesn't say that anywhere in the notes, my guy.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It literally doesn't say that anywhere in the notes, my guy.

"Loadout 

These Parameters are applied based on your Loadout equipment. Match your Arsenal Loadout to any of the Warframes, Primary Weapons, Secondary Weapons, or Melee Weapons listed in the Deep Archimedea screen to increase your Research Points by one Point per equipment per mission." 

• Like 1

hahaha xd i feel the same ... with my second Account from my Friend, i cant do anything.

They didn't understand again that you shouldn't force the players to use some rubbish 
weapons that you haven't made strong at all. 
(which is also not possible due to the small number of Riven slots). 
So you just have to sneak through and follow good players 
as luggage like a stone in a suitcase.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Maqabir said:

These Parameters are applied based on your Loadout equipment. Match your Arsenal Loadout to any of the Warframes, Primary Weapons, Secondary Weapons, or Melee Weapons listed in the Deep Archimedea screen to increase your Research Points by one Point per equipment per mission.

That means just what it says: Equip any of the things the game mode lists in your loadout, and the research point will automatically be applied to you once you clear the missions. Nowhere at all does it say that it chooses from the stuff you have available in your armory (and it does absolutely not do that).

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

That means just what it says: Equip any of the things the game mode lists in your loadout, and the research point will automatically be applied to you once you clear the missions. Nowhere at all does it say that it chooses from the stuff you have available in your armory (and it does absolutely not do that).

I stand corrected.

Guess end-game players better have a decent amount of Weapons and Warframes.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Maqabir said:

Guess end-game players better have a decent amount of Weapons and Warframes.

Which doesn't matter. With the system's limitation of only selecting three things in a category and seemingly weighted towards selecting things you don't own (based on the two sets I saw this week before DE fixed the daily refresh), you could very easily still get no good options. Not to mention that 90% of the gear in this game is horrid/unusable at this level of gameplay.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

On 2024-04-04 at 8:46 PM, Maqabir said:

And yet there are numerous reports of people getting loadouts that are things they don't own.  It's kind of like the Dante nerfs.  They say one thing, and it's another.

Why did you unlock the Archimedea this week, knowing that you had an unfavorable loadout? Perhaps you did not check your parameters beforehand? You could have spent those two pulses on the Netracells instead.

9 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Why did you unlock the Archimedea this week, knowing that you had an unfavorable loadout? Perhaps you did not check your parameters beforehand? You could have spent those two pulses on the Netracells instead.

What a thoroughly silly thing to unironically say. "Why did you unlock the new game mode, the new "end game", on the week it came out? I mean, DE gave you personally trash while some other players got Mesa/Saryn/Torid etc, clearly DE doesn't want you personally to play the new end game this week. And maybe not next week either. Maybe just come back next month, while all the other players like me, who have gotten lucky on their rolls and thus feel justified by survivors bias to be condescending in the forum, play the new mode. Sucks to be you I guess, haha!"

• Like 5

You didnt have those weapons in your arsenal? Because amprex and euphona could most certainly handle those missions. Maybe I was lucky, but for both rolls I got (the first was that one that bugged and reset) I had at least one weapon with a high percentage of usage time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

You didnt have those weapons in your arsenal? Because amprex and euphona could most certainly handle those missions. Maybe I was lucky, but for both rolls I got (the first was that one that bugged and reset) I had at least one weapon with a high percentage of usage time. 

I have the equipment, but that's not the issue. The issue is the equipment isn't good within the context of the forced loadout. Amprex is a great weapon, but not on my Nova. I have it built for Gyre, who is who I use it on. Euphona is a mediocre weapon (unless you have a riven to bring it online, in which case it's average to good - I don't have a riven for it, because I don't really like the weapon's gimmick design). Galvachord is just bad, at least for me (I'm not a melee user).

Here, I went ahead and recorded a video of the build in action, to demonstrate the issues in visual format of actual gameplay:

Spoiler

It's really, really bad. Take into account this demonstration is solo, so the enemies are only getting the +150% baseline buffs. It's twice as bad with a squad, when they get the full +300% buffs the mode imbues them with.

I also recorded another video, where I take my actual proper Tankova build into the content:

Spoiler

The difference is night and day, and the run is actually fun because I can actually output relevantly.

Sidenote: Ignore that I died in both. I was focusing more on demonstration, so my gameplay was... inferior to normal. I generally never die when I'm actually playing normally. That being said, the loss of access to Poise (Operator Unairu school) definitely didn't help.

• Like 1

The loadout I used (which disappeared because of weird DE shenanigans resetting them) made me only have Garuda as a usable option, my other options were the Daikyu(?), Vasto (do not have incarnon yet so lmao), and the pulmonars (very relevant weapon type obviously). I did not know how Garuda worked at the time but quickly learned (Use 4 for surviving/priming, use 1 on murmur bc of high HP scaling nuke, 3 for on demand energy, and 2 was gloom for general survivability) but all this proved that not everything in the game works. It genuinely felt miserable being carried considering this is an endgame mission and I wasn't contributing as much as I wanted because I really HATE this feeling of being a non-contributor. I know if could do more if I had the choice to but the devs warped idea of endgame said no.

В 06.04.2024 в 22:07, Hexerin сказал:

I have the equipment, but that's not the issue. The issue is the equipment isn't good within the context of the forced loadout. Amprex is a great weapon, but not on my Nova. I have it built for Gyre, who is who I use it on. Euphona is a mediocre weapon (unless you have a riven to bring it online, in which case it's average to good - I don't have a riven for it, because I don't really like the weapon's gimmick design). Galvachord is just bad, at least for me (I'm not a melee user).

Here, I went ahead and recorded a video of the build in action, to demonstrate the issues in visual format of actual gameplay:

Показать контент

It's really, really bad. Take into account this demonstration is solo, so the enemies are only getting the +150% baseline buffs. It's twice as bad with a squad, when they get the full +300% buffs the mode imbues them with.

I also recorded another video, where I take my actual proper Tankova build into the content:

Показать контент

The difference is night and day, and the run is actually fun because I can actually output relevantly.

Sidenote: Ignore that I died in both. I was focusing more on demonstration, so my gameplay was... inferior to normal. I generally never die when I'm actually playing normally. That being said, the loss of access to Poise (Operator Unairu school) definitely didn't help.

What did you try to show in those videos? You got 76 enemies killed with your amprex over the course of ~290 seconds, you got 106 enemies killed with your incarnons felarx and furis in ~330 seconds. That's less than 25% difference in killing rate, not exactly night and day

Edited by deucich

6 hours ago, deucich said:

What did you try to show in those videos? You got 76 enemies killed with your amprex over the course of ~290 seconds, you got 106 enemies killed with your incarnons felarx and furis in ~330 seconds. That's less than 25% difference in killing rate, not exactly night and day

Here we see someone who can only view the game through the broken lens of KPM. What a sad way to play the game...

1 час назад, Hexerin сказал:

Here we see someone who can only view the game through the broken lens of KPM. What a sad way to play the game...

Are you for real? I'm not the one advocating for META weapons and claiming most of the rest options unviable in the first place. You are. And judging by actually measurable metric in your own example you're failing at that.

10 minutes ago, deucich said:

Are you for real? I'm not the one advocating for META weapons and claiming most of the rest options unviable in the first place. You are. And judging by actually measurable metric in your own example you're failing at that.

Maybe you should rewatch the demonstrations and actually comprehend what's being shown, rather than putting words in other's mouths about what the issue is.