Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.5

[DE]Megan

Do you think they release this hotfix so we have a new thread and are not so focused on feedback about the latest Nerfs?

And yes, the rule is still valid: Do not invest in new good stuff until at least 4 weeks have passed since it will most likely be nerfed!

• Like 2

That Dante nerf is the reason why I am not investing into anything pre-2nd week of existence of anything, be it in resources or even with my hard earned money, and that since 2014.

In the past, where I had almost nothing to buff up my stuff with, I got the Synapse, which was the meta weapon back then. I had a hard time maxing my personal Dojo, unlocking that stuff and Co. with the low mastery rank and spare resources I had. Bought the blueprint and constructed it. Had a blast for a SINGLE day, while 3 days straight maxing the weapon with 6 forma, a potato and the knowledge of having at once something good to grind in this game. And what happened then? Steve stated that, people wanted (still not buying that crap till today) some "Beam per second "changes"" in this game, to make all weapons behave "better and more powerful", ... better and powerful my ass. They ruined the Synapse beyond uselessness, same with it the Glaxion, which I loved too for its effect. No one used and, till to date, uses those weapons anymore. I still own those weapons and it is still a small pain existing from that experience. 3 days of maxing out (there was no sanctuary or a fast way to max things, guys!), lots of very expensive resources and getting it nerfed right 1 day after finalizing it.

Z9orAiX.pngvlasnC9.png

This is the reason why we can't have nice things, in a freaking PLAYER VERSUS ENVIRONMENT HORDE SHOOTER GAME. as DE nerfing the crap out of stuff just because it is popular. And not even comprehending how ridiculous that sounds that popular things getting nerfed (looking to any other room nuking frame out there, for years!), but right after 5 days? What kind of statistics and analytics are these guys running? Dante's power output was below Saryn, Volt, Mag, Hydroid, Gauss, Gyre, hell even below Citrine; Dante is also a high-level / end game kind of content, people supposed to farm it with a decent, way above average, gear, and feeling rewarded equally to the difficulty presented by it. He really did fit in this constellation, but now, he literally feels below average, like a regular "first-few-boss-star-chart frames" kind of average.

Edited by iHeuksal
  • Like 11

On 2024-04-06 at 6:09 AM, TzXtetriC said:

I've been thinking about this nerf and got to say i kinda agree with it, this game has turned out to be a press 1 button frame to kill everything standing in the middle and not moving at all, you dont even need to equip any weapon or melee..., just press 1 button to kill everyone's fun and make ppl abandon at first wave or mission.
I think DE should totally remove meta stuff and make things actually balanced to make ppl use them, why have a thousand weapons if you can just use 1 frame and press 1 button.

You can’t be serious. First of all, most nuke frames require multiple inputs and setup to nuke or dps. People can take a Torid Incarnon and melt through rooms in seconds before some nuke frames can finish their setup. Granted, Thermal Sunder exists, but it does fall off a little in higher levels unless used on Gauss since he makes it much stronger. But we haven’t truly had a press 4 to win frame since World on Fire Ember and the old old Saryn Miasma nuking days. Dante requires 3 ability casts just to use the 4 ability once. Also, you are not killing anything with Tragedy in high level/steel path content unless you prime enemies with powerful slash, heat, and/or toxin status effects. So not only does Dante require insane amounts of casting and energy to maintain his dps, but he also requires priming enemies first. Tragedy was already balanced and had checks in place to prevent it from being disruptive and dominant and DE decided to nerf it anyways with one of the most horrendous, unliked, and horribly received mechanics this game has ever seen, line of sight. Totally uncalled for nerf that needs to be reverted. If they really want to nerf Dante’s nuking potential, it’s a simple matter of reducing the base range of the 4th ability so it can’t reach absurd lengths like 70-80 meters. But, like I said before, you aren’t killing anything with Tragedy unless it’s been primed with status or it’s low level star chat enemies.

• Like 12

Please reconsider Nezha augment's nerf too! At current state you can't even clear/immobilize 3-4 enemies at once in a narrow hallway. Got chance to finally be "Nezha", get immediately downgraded back to "Rhino Lite" 

• Like 2

We know you fixed some of this, but why not just revert it to its original state? Even his animation shows a circle going around him. It doesn't do anything to steel path now, and it defeats the purpose of priming enemies with his 3 before activating it, otherwise activating his four does nothing.

Edited by Galexivity
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Galexivity said:

We know you fixed some of this, but why not just revert it to its original state? Even his animation shows a circle going around him. It doesn't do anything to steel path now, and it defeats the purpose of priming enemies with his 3 before activating it, otherwise activating his four does nothing.

Yeah because of that 1 nerf I uninstalled again, and this time I am not coming back DE are intent on going on with this idiotic trend, I am sorry but ever since the leadership of warframe changed the everything in the game just turned to crap, just going to wait for First descendant to release and I will swap over to that in the mean time I will play other games, been playing since 2014 been there for the release of every major update, sadly 1999 is going to be skipped a long with the other major updates.

• Like 4

Honestly I didn't even enjoy the nuking builds I tried, but was quite enjoying the the Noctua build that Aznvasionplays put out, tried it again. (With now one blank spot because of the ridiculous nerf to Archon Intensify and me being unwilling to put more forma into him now after him being nerfed, so running Umbral Intensify instead and a blank spot instead of more range) and I wasn't prepared for just how much having to cast Triumph twice as often would kill the fun for me.... the book still killed stuff fine but... energy went from pretty easy to manage to quite annoying to keep up along with a dps cost from all the extra casting..

While I think the LOS check should be reverted, I care personally far more about the overguard values/light verse nerf for my own playstyle, I figured he'd still feel okay to play given the partial unnerfs but... yeah, I just don't find him enjoyable anymore compared to other options.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-07 at 1:04 PM, Darkbring said:

Bring an AoE weapon and dont forget to look up. So far the only problem I faced was when one spawned behind a wall. If you dont have any AoE on you, you can try using a Melee Slam attack. It's AoE and goes through walls.

Won't help at all if the necramite don't spawn in the first place, trust me i made the entire tile back and forth twice, no circle no marker no shiny blue light stuck in walls, and AOE weapon is my second name.

On 2024-04-07 at 11:48 AM, master_of_destiny said:

You do realize they hide them pretty well...right?

If by hiding pretty well you mean not spawning, yes i know they do

Edited by Carmelitha
  • Like 4

Is this some kind of joke? Damage through walls is the only thing that saves the game in old locations. Do you even play your own game? Have you forgotten what the map of locations in the game looks like? These are pipes and small halls with a bunch of objects.. In the locations  like  Kuva and infected ships Los destroys the game. The energy is enough for 3-4 uses of “Tragedy”, and it can hit 5-10 mobs maximum. This does not in any way contribute to active gameplay, but on the contrary forces you to sit in one convenient position. People who complain about warframes that destroy entire locations, apparently do not play the Steel Path at all. Dante was strong before the nerf, but he was not stronger than other warframes, now he is just useless trash..
Let me remind you what the main locations where players play look like (solid walls and obstacles):

GSce08CjwAc.jpg?size=1280x800&quality=95

WoqRmyZmB58.jpg?size=1280x800&quality=95

Edited by __sHVeD___
  • Like 17

vor 3 Stunden schrieb __sHVeD___:

Is this some kind of joke? Damage through walls is the only thing that saves the game in old locations. Do you even play your own game? Have you forgotten what the map of locations in the game looks like? These are pipes and small halls with a bunch of objects.. In the locations  like  Kuva and infected ships Los destroys the game. The energy is enough for 3-4 uses of “Tragedy”, and it can hit 5-10 mobs maximum. This does not in any way contribute to active gameplay, but on the contrary forces you to sit in one convenient position. People who complain about warframes that destroy entire locations, apparently do not play the Steel Path at all. Dante was strong before the nerf, but he was not stronger than other warframes, now he is just useless trash..

A lot of people tried telling them the exact same thing. They're not even acknowledging it. The only thing someone reacted to was an off hand remark about Mesa:

It's a giant joke at this point.

• Like 5

I remember how happy i was when i build Ash as first or second warframe, ofc after Excalibur.

The day they changed his 4th ability he was dead for me... it was very sad how they butchered him.

And so it remained while others can evaporate armies of very high lvl enemies in 1 button press.

It rly rly sucks to see your favorites nerfed!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darkeus said:

I remember how happy i was when i build Ash as first or second warframe, ofc after Excalibur.

The day they changed his 4th ability he was dead for me... it was very sad how they butchered him.

And so it remained while others can evaporate armies of very high lvl enemies in 1 button press.

It rly rly sucks to see your favorites nerfed!

I remember this, I was running Ash all the time before they gutted him, after the change I didn't touch ash ever again, I swapped to mirage with Synoid simulor and her augment where clones dealt a small percentage of damage, and they gutted her as well, never touched mirage after that again, went to ember built around world on fire and they gutted her too, all these frames getting gutted and yet saryn keeps slipping through the cracks makes me think some of the devs are saryn sympathizers and that's why saryn will never see a single change to ever, she can just continue to nuke anything without even ever laying eyes on most of them all saryn needs is one spore and the entire room is dead soon after.

I am so tired of this BS trend Rebecca should never have gotten the position of lead designer everything in this game has just turned to crap after that and I don't think it will ever improve after seeing the patterns if anything it might just get worse.

Whatever I'm done with this game despite not wanting to quit and still loving the game I am not going to stick around and watch the ship sink with the current trend.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Neon_Violet said:

I remember this, I was running Ash all the time before they gutted him, after the change I didn't touch ash ever again, I swapped to mirage with Synoid simulor and her augment where clones dealt a small percentage of damage, and they gutted her as well, never touched mirage after that again, went to ember built around world on fire and they gutted her too, all these frames getting gutted and yet saryn keeps slipping through the cracks makes me think some of the devs are saryn sympathizers and that's why saryn will never see a single change to ever, she can just continue to nuke anything without even ever laying eyes on most of them all saryn needs is one spore and the entire room is dead soon after.

I am so tired of this BS trend Rebecca should never have gotten the position of lead designer everything in this game has just turned to crap after that and I don't think it will ever improve after seeing the patterns if anything it might just get worse.

Whatever I'm done with this game despite not wanting to quit and still loving the game I am not going to stick around and watch the ship sink with the current trend.

I dislike the Dante changes as much as any sane person, but Rebecca is the creative director, not the lead designer. Pablo is the lead designer and balance/kit changes should be attributed to him. 

• Like 2

Putting my two cents in. I liked the dynamic of running around hitting things with dark verse, and then reaping those rewards with Tragedy even if enemies were not visible any more. They had to be initially, which is already weaker than some frames, and created interesting gameplay rather than a frustrating one (like we have now). He was a good middle ground of power and utility. He didn't have the KPM of an equally invested Saryn, and only part of Wisp's utility. He was S tier, but that's ok. It's been a while since we've had an S tier frame at release. This is a PVE power fantasy game and DE didn't give him a chance. Please just revert his Tragedy, everything else is fine.

• Like 5

On 2024-04-07 at 10:13 PM, Neon_Violet said:

I am sorry but ever since the leadership of warframe changed the everything in the game just turned to crap

Nah, I'd like you to rethink that.  I have been one of the most vocal people when it comes to nerfs and other poor choices by DE on these forums.  To the point where one of the mods would strike me repeatedly on bogus claims just to keep me at a level of warning points where they could 30 day ban me any time they wanted.  So I'm not some white knight here.  This nerf has nothing to do with any single dev, or the change from Steve to Rebecca, like you're implying.

This nerf is 100% par for the course.  It's absolutely tracks with the way their MO has been for years on years.  It's an especially bad choice, I'll give you that, and one I feel needs to be fully reverted, but it's absolutely a thing that DE would have done prior to leadership change, and trying to single out one dev and hold them responsible does our side of the argument no favors.  I'm not trying to be vindictive toward any individuals, and you shouldn't be either.  They made this choice as a team, and it's in-line with every other bad choice they've made over the years.  Witch hunts do not fix the problem.  Yell at DE as a whole.

• Like 8

Just adding my voice to the absolute tsunami of feedback that you have been ignoring regarding Dante. I say ignoring because you obviously are not listening. 

The community is not going to keep doing this forever, the whole forgive and forget thing is a dead letter. 

You either need to revert the changes and admit that you were wrong, or give everyone who wants one a full and complete refund for all Dante related purchases . That is the only way this will be made right. 

Until that happens, I am sure that both myself, and others in this community are not going to just let this issue go.  

Retract or refund, there are no other acceptable solutions.

• Like 3

To say LoS needs to be completely removed from the game is absurd. Instead it needs only to apply in cases it makes sense.

SAYRN: Not just because people are mad and saying do it to sayrn. It’s a spore it needs to jump from targets as long as the keep coming it doesn’t need LoS. Miasma  is an accelerant no LoS needed neither. She was already diminished.

Mesa: Makes sense and works in that she is in fact shooting guns and targets need to be seen/insight/visible etc

Dante: Since he needs to prime/cast with 3 twice makes sense 3 has LoS. However LoS needs to be removed from CASHING IN his 4 Tragedy. Whether it’s just killing the ones primed or everything in the vicinity. And that’s when Range would come into play

I could go on and list frames, abilities , tile sets, environments(open world) that work and don’t work with LoS. But that’s not why we are here.

“P.S NEZHA. Harsh as it may be or sound still gets the job done. However this was not warranted given the spears cannot/do not work on any elites. Which made it perfect for clearing trash mobs. Leaving you elites to actually fight e.i eximus etc

While the “Divine Retribution” Augment Mod is equipped, the base range of Nezha’s Divine Spears is reduced by 50% (at all Mod Ranks).. “

Edited by AnxiousChammy
  • Like 1

Mods are massively censoring the Dante feedback forum and deleting any thread voicing criticisim towards the dev shorts. I just saw two threads disappear, including my own.

Is this how you're listening? Not even making an argument and straight up deleting? What the hell

Edited by yeahnil
  • Like 6