Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.5

[DE]Megan

DE clearly wants dante to have LoS on his tragedy, the players overwhelmingly disagree. DE thinks that they can ignore the overwhelming majority of feedback until it dies down, we know for a fact they have seen the immense flood of "revert tragedy LoS" comments but they do not agree with what we want. For the time being the constant nerfs to everything (including CC) and the insulting response to the players make me hesitant to log back on until CC gets a buff or tragedy LoS is entirely removed.

• Like 5

Please don't forget about the Arca Titron. It was nerfed to a frankly really disappointing state and is now no longer competitive in the Steel Path. I know the focus is on Dante, but please don't leave us Arca Titron fans out to dry for years again. 

Slam Multiplier too low:

Guaranteed Electric Proc bugged and not working: 

• Like 8

Just putting this out there, but the hotfix did not fix this. Your roll back of the game state for deep archimedea did not work completely. The rewards are rolled back to where they were, but for me my item parameters are all different. I pimped out a lot of stuff to make this function for this week and didn't have it done and you have now changed all the gear requirements on me, seriously not cool guys :(

Edited by Drex83

Please also take a second look at the Arca Titron. The nerf was too punishing considering various factors as it is a very low stat wise traditional melee weapon with no stronger variants and requires the mechanic of charges to get a stronger slam which is made difficult by the stats themselves. In contrast to other slam oriented melee weapons that require no mechanic to get stronger slams or any meta or decent melee weapon it is outshined in every aspect.

Another topic proposed a buff to 150% additional damage instead of only 100% per charge results in 10 post nerf charges to have about the same damage of 4 pre nerf charges. A significant drop in damage so that it isn't as busted as before but can still have at least a viable niche. I know I don't speak much with how little people actively use the Arca Titron and its low usage rate, but its just there's something so satisfying with the gimmick to power up your melee and do a strong attack, and with it not paying off is kind of a bummer now, even more so, its disappointingly sad that the answer to a broken mechanic of a terrible weapon stat wise is to nerf it to the ground into unviability in comparison to today's choices.

Edited by StyreRai
  • Like 2

Can do you improve the performance of the game without getting offended by an obvious fact that you build yourself? instead of making the even harder its obvious that you don't play the game 😒

Line of sight is terrible. Sure for certain abilities that would make sense like targeted attacks that have a physical body but a full zone covering ability shouldn't have line of sight this isn't a PvP game.

I've played Deep Archi a few times, lots of people confused by the structure and the "Elite" toggle at top. I sit there and realize that all the concerns people had upon reveal turned out to be true, and I again hope we move away from this RNG, mission chains. We really need breaks incase something like a disconnect happens. I understand the point system doesn't work well with that, but its honestly convoluted and the cost of time can be too great. Just like Duviri, but a little bit worse in that regard.

Deep Archi is another mode where you get hosed if someone leaves across this set of 3 missions. It retains big flaws of Duviri, without the same safeguards (hourly RNG resets, actual reward progress saved between runs).  There is something fun about mowing down 265 enemies with a Sobek and Wolf Sledge , but the novelty wears off when you realize that disconnects during these long runs can really waste that time, and a whole lot of effort. Just had a Host Migration immediately result in Mission Failed.

I really think content needs to acknowledge the rate of disconnects and Host Migration shennanigans we've always seen in game, and either roll 1 mission at a time, or have a robust backfill system.

Edited by Rahlgrim
  • Like 3

vor 51 Minuten schrieb PhinixTheFox:

Line of sight is terrible. Sure for certain abilities that would make sense like targeted attacks that have a physical body but a full zone covering ability shouldn't have line of sight this isn't a PvP game.

would be ok if it wasn't so buggy. because what's going on here has nothing to do with real life line of sight! little junk on the floor? well...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

would be ok if it wasn't so buggy. because what's going on here has nothing to do with real life line of sight! little junk on the floor? well...

that's a problem with having large hitboxes on stuff and unoptimized rendering.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shinoyami65 said:

The LoS checks are still extremely inconsistent.  

Dante's own character model can block LoS: https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyAggressiveWormPJSalt-XA21cwDUsYU4yVcd  

Changing FoV can block LoS: https://clips.twitch.tv/FineHilariousPorcupineTwitchRPG-n6J-Qnm9mlmk2rVt  

If you can't get LoS to work in an open environment like the two example clips above, it should just be removed as these rushed bandaid fixes are just creating more problems.

Are you telling me that Dante's own, literal line of sight blocks LoS?  That is broken beyond belief.  I don't understand why they can't just revert this until they get the bugs worked out.  It'd be the sensible thing to do.  

Also, they need to fix CC while they're at it because they've crippled CC frames.  I've been happily playing since 2017 and I can't find the will to log on and play with my Frost because I know these changes hurt him.  PLEASE, DE, listen to your community for once, and revert these nerfs.  Let people play how they want to play and don't force them into the meta.  

Edited by DTaina
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Equinoxed8192 said:

One part about Dante that I haven't heard a ton talked about is that he HAD LoS on Tragedy: You had to cast Dark Verse twice for it to do any real damage.

The function of the ability was for you to detonate the status procs you had applied with a DIFFERENT LoS ability. Adding a second LoS check, after enemies had already moved, just makes the ability feel unresponsive, because it means you can miss enemies you had tagged with your Dark Verse previously.

Besides, killing enemies out of LoS because they WERE in it in the past is not only expected, it's most of any DoT character's identity. Saryn can press 1 on a single target and leave, Protea can press 2 on a group and watch them fall over, various incarnations of pet/summon characters have ways to deal damage disjoint from themselves, and every frame with a persistent damaging aura (Gauss, Kullervo, Oberon, etc.) if built towards it kills enemies out of LoS.

Dante feels to me like they were designed to not be a true DPS, but a support, and that's more than fine. He seems like the final incarnation of what Oberon wants to be: supporting your team, dealing good damage, and having some quirky abilities to fill in between the gaps to keep thing interesting. If his damage is the problem (which I don't think is an issue) please nerf the base numbers, making it harder for him to nuke rooms in 3+ casts of abilities with decently long cast times. But making the ability clunkier with LoS checks doesn't actually fix the (perceived) problem, while making him feel worse.

I played Dante knowing nerfs were coming, but I honestly didn't expect LoS on the 4. It felt so purposeful for it not to have it, especially with the LoS + cone radius on his 3, that I thought the nerf would come to ally overguard, or another supportive aspect, or maybe to energy costs (Making his 4 cost 100 energy could slow him down a ton if that was the concern). But this honestly blindsided me.

I love Warframe, I play it all the time, I know you do good work and spend a lot of time, energy, passion, and heart making the game as fun as it can be, and I feel the heart put into Dante to make him as fun as he is. Please, revert the LoS.

This perfectly encapsulates what I feel.
I want the LoS back but it appears they are going to be stubborn about it. So I suggest a different thing - LoS fallof. Let him have his "improved" LoS (its still buggy as hell), but if the enemy fails the LoS check (behind a wall for example), this enemy only receives 50% damage of tragedy. This would be a perfect compromise.
But if possible I would like for him to be reverted. It just feels bad knowing Dante is indeed "bound".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PotatoCo said:

> The last Hotfix unintentionally changed this week’s Deep Archimedea missions, modifiers, deviations and risk variables, so we’ve reverted it back to its previous state.

This was not done correctly.

These were my options on Thursday.

https://imgur.com/a/qyKtE5I

These are options now after revert

https://imgur.com/a/d6J660A

I wanted to use mostly Innodem and it's gone :(

Or maybe just not fix it, and see how players will play with it resetting daily. If it becomes an issue of players playing the same thing then and only then change it, and I would still recommend just increasing amount of days rather then to go back to once a week.  It will be less work, rather then "fix" the game with broken fixes. 

So this gave me Baruuk as a selectable, i took it, i made the Elite difficulty, and i noticed an old bug still won't get fixed....
When Desert Storm is active, and you pick up a Distruption key, or anything objective based, Baruuk froze up. His arms straighten down and can't switch weapons or use it.....Unstuck didn't work and because its an elite game mode you can't DIE to reset your state. I manage to free up my melee weapon and i stuck with that in the end of the mission. Fortunatly i got good random teammates. Please fix this bug, sometimes happens with exalted weapons.

• Like 1

Heya

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The last Hotfix unintentionally changed this week’s Deep Archimedea missions, modifiers, deviations and risk variables, so we’ve reverted it back to its previous state. It will properly refresh as scheduled on Monday at 0:00 UTC. You will not lose any Research Points in the revert. 

Wonderful, so what about the refreshed Individual Parameters?

Do we get back the loadout parameters we had initially rolled at some point?

Or do we have to make do with the new thang?

Basically, putting a nerf to Nezha augment made it so I no longer play the frame. Nobody will after what you guys did when nerfing its augment. Before the augment got nerfed, people would start using Nezha and now you have done it. Saryn is the best, like always, at making the map nuke or killing enemies at a good rate.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Equinoxed8192 said:

One part about Dante that I haven't heard a ton talked about is that he HAD LoS on Tragedy: You had to cast Dark Verse twice for it to do any real damage.

See mate, the thing is Dark Verse was Supposed to have proper LoS. However it did not, it could hit trough walls and floors easily, so it was an extremely Soft LoS, and the main cause for the insane room nukes, since you could stack Bleeds on the entire map easily and then detonate.

You are correct, Tragedy, If Dark Verse had proper LoS, would have a Semi LoS that would have been very intuitive and actually make sense..... but that of course requires actually playing the game to figure out.

I don't want to jab at the Actual Devs that work for DE, they are just guys that follow orders to get their paycheck. Whoever comes up with said uninformed and tone deaf orders is Absolutely at fault here, because it is crystal clear they have no clue how the game functions.

The only good thing that can come out of this is a better coded LoS for the entire game, but that does not change the fact that someone is giving orders for the Wrong Thing to be "changed". They should have realized it was the Dark Verse's loose penetrating LoS that was the main issue and Fixed the LoS on IT, before even having the idea to start to think that Tragedy may be the problem!

Management is either incompetent and trigger happy, or they are S#&$testing us to gauge the playerbase's tolerance to BS. Both options are bad....

• Like 4

Pls fix auto attck melee since dante update atuo attack doesnt work and its rly annoying  .it attacks then it stops and it happens all the time and its very common on void cascade . In some mission doesnt happen but i faced it litteraly every cascade i played.

Edited by -Outvoker-
  • Like 1

Since this update the UI elements feel real sluggish now, getting a lot of FPS drops when using the UI.

Fixed: I disabled a DirectX 11 feature that was listed as Windows 10 only and the lag when using UI has disappeared: Optimized Flip-model
I am using WIndows 11

Edited by Symbiont