Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ultimate Dante Build (It's so Good I forgot to add a range mod) (DE will nerf Tragedy to scale with Player's tears)

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Friend of mine says that Lex's incarnon mode is basically pre-nerf Catchmoon, though.

In a way, yes.  It's got pre-nerf Catchmoon's range and usability plus some.  But it's misleading in a way, because neither Incarnon Lex (without a riven) nor  pre-nerf Catchmoon  itself have present day  Catchmoon's top end potential, due largely to multiplicative base damage scaling with Galvanized Shot.

On 2024-04-09 at 5:13 PM, Prof-Dante said:

Noctua build: 

I don't have it, but  Secondary Outburst on equipped sidearms transfers its bonuses to Exalted sidearms.  Seems readily abusable with Ceramic Dagger.

7 hours ago, WindShadow970 said:

(though I have my fears about Viral proc immune enemies)

That's primarily only a concern if you're out in Cambion Drift, viral immune enemies are exceptionally rare outside of that specific zone.

I don't have access to the game rn, but I will share my build using Overframe in case that its helpful for someone to take ideas:

em8TOhR.png

For shards, im using 2 Yellow Tau for Casting speed and 3 Red ones for Strength.

Im using Archon Stretch, because i play Dante paired with Diriga (i will share the build at the end), so it procs the electric buff to regen some energy.

DX7tWSc.png

In my Noctua i've tried a lot of times to make extensive use of Tome mods... but at the end all that whole package it feels clunky af and at the end i'm just using Xata for energy regen.

This is my Diriga build:

wxgemBm.png

When the bugs with OG and companions dissapear, i will be able to swap a few mods, but for now this is it. With Deconstruct to benefit from Equilibrium and Duplex because i'm using Helstrum, so the copies help to spread those Virals around. Nothing too fancy, but it makes the work.

And the Helstrum build, for the sake of completionism:

aQJNR4s.png

With Internal Bleeding, its capable to add a good amount of extra Slash procs too (since Helstrum is slow firing, it has a 70% to add one). Again, nothing fancy but it works pretty well.

Edited by Gaxxian
Error in Noctua build

Dante Build:

Notes:

• I have 3 Umbra Mods & Power Drift for the Power Strength since I refuse to use Corrupted mods since I hate Negative Stats builds, regardless of what game (I think DE should Nerf them xD)
  • Equilibrium is Vital for Dante so I can up-keep his energy, since at higher levels energy orbs can sometimes become an issue & while I do have Streamline and Boreal Hatred, I simply love having powers cost next to nothing in terms of energy (I will agree tho, BH might be a bit overkill)
  • Basic Range Mod & Primed Con, since his default Range and Duration, are strong enough as it is & as far as I can tell Duration only affects his 4th (Bird and Book),
  • Arcane is Energize for the extra backup of energy and a new Arcane as of recently since it does affect his Noctua and likewise, to Pro-Dante I refuse to subsume his Book! (Anyone who does, is a puppy kicker)
Spoiler

Untitled

Archon Shards: As of right now I only have 2 Tau Shards installed into him (Yellow: Casting Speed) (Red: Power Strength), however, once I unlock the Archon Shard Fuse thingy, I'll be adding another Red Tau Shard to him for even more Power Strength. This should give him over 200% PS and I'll likely add another Red Shard to him and another Yellow for even more Casting Speed. (So 3 Reds, 2 Yellows)

Note: An Alt build for Dante is in the works where I ditch BH for another mod but as of right now I have no clue what mod.

Noctua build:

Notes:

• I have Primed Target Cracker & Gambit to get that very high Cirt Damage & Chance since I do love big damage numbers and as of so far, they haven't disappointed me.
  • Hornet Strike (Primed Soon?) and Galv Diffusion for even more DPS and way more Muiltshot, while I do have Lehtal Torrent I maybe ditch this mod in favour of Xata, for that extra boost in Regen (Since I already have an Arcane that boosts Fire-rate)  
  • Viral & Heat is the best setup for me for Insane DPS

Spoiler

Untitled

Helios Prime Build:

Notes:

• I have never done a build for Pets before, so this is very W.I.P but this build here is mostly for Dante only
  • Redirection & Vitality for extra backup if the OG goes down on them and to keep them alive longer.
  • Vacuum & Invesitagoir for key mods for him to function as a Scanner and well, Vacuum (As well as Instinct for Loot)
  • Coolant Leak/Detect Vul & Medi-Ray are just in there for a bit of extra support power, Medi-Ray in case I get hit by Toxin and Leak for just a tiny bit of CC and well just style points and Detect Vul, cuz why not?
  • Bond Mods, this is my first time using these two mods, since I forgot they existed they'll serve quite well with Dante since Rein Bond will be applied since of Dante's OG and I'll get even MORE Firerate with his Book, the Mystic Bond, I just felt was for style points, since Heiols as a lot of powers so, more cooldown and hey, free casting.

Overall Helios's build is more of a Thematic for Dante, since after all, this knowledge-hungry protector defends its master who too shares the hunger for knowledge!, Right???

Spoiler

Untitled

Let me know what you think?

On 2024-04-09 at 5:40 PM, Prof-Dante said:

wait, I thought power strength on exalted weapons are like built in eclipse, multiplicative damage increase, which scales well with base damage....that's not right? 

I was messing around with Noctua last night on a high-ish power strength build and at least according to the Arsenal UI it looks like Dante's Power Strength isn't additive with Hornet Strike.  I don't recall the exact numbers but my full build was giving me 9000-ish damage and removing Hornet Strike lowered it to 2000-ish?  So that doesn't seem additive to me.  Maybe that means that whether Power Strength is multiplicative or additive varies depending on the specific Exalted?

how do you use tragedy effective in steel path. it seems like the book and my gun is enough since i have archon vitality for the extra heat procs. but i want to use tragedy but it sucks since the book only procs off weapon attacks and i cant stack anything without shooting first and boom theyre already dead. also tragedy doesnt seem to work on bosses. idk maybe  all abilities similar to it are like that already

On 2024-04-10 at 1:13 AM, Prof-Dante said:

Archon vitality: Because we're dealing primarily heat damage with noctua, it doubles the damage this amazing weapon deals and makes heat procs scale exponentially.

I have a question about this

In my build a bit above, I mentioned that I use 3 Umbra Mods & Power Drift for the Power Strength since I refuse to use Corrupted mods, however, if I ditch Umbra Vitality for the Archon Version, I will give up some Power Strength but does Archon Vitality improve the overall DPS of Noctua at all or is it just applying another status effect?

Also since I don't -just- use Heat on its own, will Archon Vitality still be in effect?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 2024-04-11 at 10:31 PM, UnstarPrime said:

I was messing around with Noctua last night on a high-ish power strength build and at least according to the Arsenal UI it looks like Dante's Power Strength isn't additive with Hornet Strike.  I don't recall the exact numbers but my full build was giving me 9000-ish damage and removing Hornet Strike lowered it to 2000-ish?  So that doesn't seem additive to me.  Maybe that means that whether Power Strength is multiplicative or additive varies depending on the specific Exalted?

It's multiplicative I do believe and remember the UI isn't always correct, it can be sometimes a simple UI bug. I have quite a high power strength build same as you and I have a bunch of mods to make Noctua very strong (Heat & Viral) I did a side-by-side with the Grimore with a similar build and I am pretty sure that PS is playing a huge factor here to 

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Rahkvyo:

how do you use tragedy effective in steel path. it seems like the book and my gun is enough since i have archon vitality for the extra heat procs. but i want to use tragedy but it sucks since the book only procs off weapon attacks and i cant stack anything without shooting first and boom theyre already dead. also tragedy doesnt seem to work on bosses. idk maybe  all abilities similar to it are like that already

Unfortunately it doesn't work at all at the moment. I have to go in mele range for the damage because it's apparently still too buggy.
but then I can just as easily hold down the mele button and all enemies die much quicker.

and you can forget about bosses. aoe has very bad damage here or even none at all.

and how much power str and fire rate do you have? and which lvl sp enemies are we talking about?

greeting

13 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Also since I don't -just- use Heat on its own, will Archon Vitality still be in effect?

it basically doubles the damage of your heat procs...

don't forget that it stacks with other elements like status duration, Tragedy's damage multiplier.

imagine 1 tick of heat deals 100 damage across 6 seconds. multiplied by tragedy by 5x for example, that's 500 damage.
now with archon vitality, you do two ticks every time, 200 damage 6 seconds, with 5x tragedy 1000 damage.

that's all cool, but imagine if you added a status duration mod, I don't know if my calculations are accurate but let's say these 200 damage are divided equally with each tick per second.

a 100% status duration, means that heat procs with archon vitality will deal 400 damage during the full 12 seconds. with 5x damage multiplier from tragedy, it will deal 2000 damage.

TL;DR: Archon vitality and status duration mods increase the damage of tragedy more so than most mods.

On 2024-04-11 at 2:31 PM, UnstarPrime said:

I think all of them or maybe nearly all of them have ability strength and base damage mods as separate multipliers.  i.e., not additive with each other. Peacemakers might be weird, and maybe one other that I can't recall.

Edited by Tiltskillet