Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path help

Draconus-Vale

Question

Ok, seriously, i give up. Can someone please tell me a primary weapon i can use for steel path? I am just dieing trying to get above level 80's. To my own credit, i went form mid 40's to high 80's but thats where i'm peaking, and boss's are just immune to everything i do, it feels like. So can someone please give me a suggestion to a weapon/build that can help me clear steel path T_T bc i can't even handle my own litches anymore either, my lvl 4 litch just refuses to die, even against its 'weak' element.

20 answers to this question

Honestly, a Catchmoon (max crit) modded for the element the boss is weak to should still be pretty great for a beginner. Otherwise, why don't you go into some more detail on what weapons you have available and what bosses you are trying to kill?

As a primary the Tombfinger is probably better though.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

You probably have access to Phenmor. That's a really good primary to aim for.

I've seen a lot of people say Felarx is also really good but I haven't been able to get it to work for me and neither have friends of mine. I'd go for Strun prime instead if you want a shotgun. Strun P's op as hell at base and then you can get an incarnon adapter for it on top of that later. Cedo is also a very good and fun shotgun but I'm not sure how well it holds up compared to incarnons in the late game these days. Lotta good shotguns in this game.

Laetum is probably one of if not the most unreasonably op secondary in the game.

As for builds on any of those I'd just look up some build videos on youtube. I know it's kindof a pain but I think that's how most people learn to mod things. Leyzar is my favorite youtuber for this.

It also always helps if your warframe has an ability to armor-strip. Removing enemy armor is somewhat mandatory in steel path unless you bypass it with slash status.

3 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

Ok, seriously, i give up. Can someone please tell me a primary weapon i can use for steel path?

Most non-fodder (with cc &/or status above 20%) properly modded weapons will do. It is not really about a weapon if you are struggling so hard.

Are you modding properly? Are you aiming for the heads? Do you have ways to ignore armor (either armor strip or Bleed) for Grineer and Corrupted? 

Can you name equipment you are currently using and list the mods? 

I feel that you will doing yourself a disservice, if you simply get a weapon someone said is good or blindly follow a youtuber advice. 

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

On 2024-04-15 at 2:15 AM, Zakkhar said:

Most non-fodder (with cc &/or status above 20%) properly modded weapons will do. It is not really about a weapon if you are struggling so hard.

Are you modding properly? Are you aiming for the heads? Do you have ways to ignore armor (either armor strip or Bleed) for Grineer and Corrupted? 

Can you name equipment you are currently using and list the mods? 

I feel that you will doing yourself a disservice, if you simply get a weapon someone said is good or blindly follow a youtuber advice. 

currently i'm using teh tennant plasmor i think its called, the corpus shotgun with the huge energy shield projetile lol. As to mods, thats where i'm unsure. i've been trying the 'auto install' and it does more damage lately >< normal mods, are outdoing the 'rare' mods and such its why i'm having issues. i'd love to go back to my ignis wraith, but unless i get a 2nd one and them it to corpus/infected etc, the mod slots dont' allow multi-enemy modding

47 minutes ago, Draconus-Vale said:

As to mods, thats where i'm unsure. i've been trying the 'auto install' and it does more damage lately >< normal mods, are outdoing the 'rare' mods and such its why i'm having issues.

This is not that kind of game where auto install works or color/rarity of the mod automatically makes it better.

47 minutes ago, Draconus-Vale said:

i'd love to go back to my ignis wraith, but unless i get a 2nd one and them it to corpus/infected etc, the mod slots dont' allow multi-enemy modding

First of all every weapon (and frame) has 3 modding slots (ABC) (no need for second weapon, mate). Second, on base SP there is no need for faction mods or modding for element that faction is weak to because that element only grants you 75% bonus damage. It is good if you are facing bosses that are immune to status. But Viral status offers already +100% damage at 1 stack of status and +325% at max 10 stacks. Going Viral for everything that is not status immune is no brainer, preferably Viral/Heat with Bleeds on top.

We mod the weapons attempting to scale the stats as efficiently as possible, so it means we try to add a little bit to every basket (they multiply each other at the end). So for example lets say you got two baskets, which start with 1 egg each. Multiplied, they result in 1 egg. You got 2 eggs (mods). If you put both in first or second basket you get 1 basket with 3 eggs and 1 basket with 1 egg. Multiplied they give 3 eggs. But if you were put 1 egg to each basket you get two baskets with 2 egss each ad multiplied they give 4 eggs. 

Weapon modding works very similar, there are just many more baskets. 

For Tenet Arca Plasmor (assuming no primed and galvanised mods) I would use something like this: 

% damage scaling (Point blank, arcane merciless), crit scaling (Critical Deceleration, Ravage, Hunter munitions), fire rate (shotgun barrage), reload/elemental (arca plasmor is known for its very long reload - chilling reload), multishot (hell's chamber, but preferably galvanised hell), now to get viral you need a toxin mod (unless your arca plasmor already has toxin from the lich). You should be having 1 free mod slot and 1 free exilus. If you do not want to invest much just slap the Fatal Acceleration into free slot for now (once you get the Galvanised Savy you can use Fatal Acceleration in Exilus instead). Why is Projectile Speed important? Two reasons: 1. The faster the plasma flies, the faster it reaches the enemy and it dies faster 2. (more important) most shotguns are meant to be used close combat, therefore they have a stat called Fall-off, which basically means at what distance your weapon starts to hit like wet noodle, Projectile Speed increase increases that range.

For Ignis Wraith you just need typical crit/status hybdrid build with viral slapped on top:

%dmg (serration, arcane merciless, if you got Galvanized Aptitude you can drop serration in favour of it), crit scaling (point strike, as I disagree with using negative fire rate on beam weapons, but you can use critical delay if you feel like following the sheep, Vital Sense, Hunter Munitions), Viral (any toxin and cold mod, they can be 60/60 mods or 90 ones, check what feels better for you, if you went for slower fire rate, you will need bigger status chance). multishot (split chamber, but preferably galvanized chamber). You will have some flex slot left, you can use fire rate Vile Acceleration or Gunslinger, but at harder content you may run out of ammo, so better just slap another heat mod instead. 

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

Am 15.4.2024 um 05:39 schrieb Draconus-Vale:

Ok, seriously, i give up. Can someone please tell me a primary weapon i can use for steel path? I am just dieing trying to get above level 80's. To my own credit, i went form mid 40's to high 80's but thats where i'm peaking, and boss's are just immune to everything i do, it feels like. So can someone please give me a suggestion to a weapon/build that can help me clear steel path T_T bc i can't even handle my own litches anymore either, my lvl 4 litch just refuses to die, even against its 'weak' element.

The safest way is UNLIMITED ammo without aoe! With Bubonico you are on the safe side and with certain mods, arancanes and warframe skills it can do hardcore damage.

and for the rest... MELE WEAPON! Forget the ranged trash. because there is no ammo here.

• Like 2

On 2024-04-17 at 3:31 PM, Zakkhar said:

This is not that kind of game where auto install works or color/rarity of the mod automatically makes it better.

First of all every weapon (and frame) has 3 modding slots (ABC) (no need for second weapon, mate). Second, on base SP there is no need for faction mods or modding for element that faction is weak to because that element only grants you 75% bonus damage. It is good if you are facing bosses that are immune to status. But Viral status offers already +100% damage at 1 stack of status and +325% at max 10 stacks. Going Viral for everything that is not status immune is no brainer, preferably Viral/Heat with Bleeds on top.

We mod the weapons attempting to scale the stats as efficiently as possible, so it means we try to add a little bit to every basket (they multiply each other at the end). So for example lets say you got two baskets, which start with 1 egg each. Multiplied, they result in 1 egg. You got 2 eggs (mods). If you put both in first or second basket you get 1 basket with 3 eggs and 1 basket with 1 egg. Multiplied they give 3 eggs. But if you were put 1 egg to each basket you get two baskets with 2 egss each ad multiplied they give 4 eggs. 

Weapon modding works very similar, there are just many more baskets. 

For Tenet Arca Plasmor (assuming no primed and galvanised mods) I would use something like this: 

% damage scaling (Point blank, arcane merciless), crit scaling (Critical Deceleration, Ravage, Hunter munitions), fire rate (shotgun barrage), reload/elemental (arca plasmor is known for its very long reload - chilling reload), multishot (hell's chamber, but preferably galvanised hell), now to get viral you need a toxin mod (unless your arca plasmor already has toxin from the lich). You should be having 1 free mod slot and 1 free exilus. If you do not want to invest much just slap the Fatal Acceleration into free slot for now (once you get the Galvanised Savy you can use Fatal Acceleration in Exilus instead). Why is Projectile Speed important? Two reasons: 1. The faster the plasma flies, the faster it reaches the enemy and it dies faster 2. (more important) most shotguns are meant to be used close combat, therefore they have a stat called Fall-off, which basically means at what distance your weapon starts to hit like wet noodle, Projectile Speed increase increases that range.

For Ignis Wraith you just need typical crit/status hybdrid build with viral slapped on top:

%dmg (serration, arcane merciless, if you got Galvanized Aptitude you can drop serration in favour of it), crit scaling (point strike, as I disagree with using negative fire rate on beam weapons, but you can use critical delay if you feel like following the sheep, Vital Sense, Hunter Munitions), Viral (any toxin and cold mod, they can be 60/60 mods or 90 ones, check what feels better for you, if you went for slower fire rate, you will need bigger status chance). multishot (split chamber, but preferably galvanized chamber). You will have some flex slot left, you can use fire rate Vile Acceleration or Gunslinger, but at harder content you may run out of ammo, so better just slap another heat mod instead. 

ok so i did all this, but i don't have a free slot because i had to put toxic barrage on.  but it takes the place of the savy mod, until i can at least get the galv savy. ima go test it right now, but it says teh total is 12k which is a solid 3k higher than my previous, and a CRAP TON more crit chance lol

Almost any primary gun and substantial majority of secondaries are capable to clear steel path just fine with a good enough build. My suggestion would be to go for arbitrations first and maximize the most crucial galvanized mods (multishot and damage per status effect) before going into the steel path.

В 17.04.2024 в 22:45, Draconus-Vale сказал:

currently i'm using teh tennant plasmor i think its called, the corpus shotgun with the huge energy shield projetile lol. As to mods, thats where i'm unsure. i've been trying the 'auto install' and it does more damage lately >< normal mods, are outdoing the 'rare' mods and such its why i'm having issues. i'd love to go back to my ignis wraith

Tenet arca plasmor is actually a very strong one, ignis wraith is a lot weaker. Auto-install should not be used for anything but a joke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draconus-Vale said:

but it says teh total is 12k which is a solid 3k higher than my previous, and a CRAP TON more crit chance lol

Again this is not that kind of game. The numbers of damage in the arsenal are close to meaningless.

Weapon performance depends on numerous factors: external buffs, conditional modifiers. status procs, enemy you are facing - their armor, weakness, damage attenuation, whether you aim for the head, distance of the target. The damage in arsenal simply does not account for that at all. It is just average damage muliplied by fire rate/attack speed.

How we usually measure weapon effectiveness is Time to Kill (TTK) or Kills per Minute (KPM), whiich assumes all the best practices to maximize damage depending on test subjects.

• Like 2

Hello there. 

So... Steel Path, and even some higher level Lich content is a bit weird and different in the content of Star Chart. Its basically a knowledge and build check. Like if you feel a bit frustrated as to why enemies suddenly seem tougher, thats why. For context, I had a similar experience, I had a tough time on my first steel Path mission, even with what I thought was a powerful Warframe and weapon (they were) but fast forward to today, and I regularly solo much longer Steel Path missions, with, well many many weapons and Warframe. 

The thing that changed was my knowing of the game systems, especially modding, as well as knowing how/why enemies work as well. Some other things. Based on reading your posts, and this is okay, but it sounds like your modding knowledge may be the problem. I say thats okay, as in don't feel too self conscious or anything, its not like Warframe has expansive in game tutorials or anything, but one of the biggest difference makers will be learning and understanding how to mod. Like when you think of your Arca Plasma, and then you think of your Ignis Wraith, what 8 mods do you start to think about, when deciding how to build either weapon? They both have different strengths, so the builds for both should be different. Their is also some flexibility too, as far as your own general preferences. There are going to be quite a few viable builds. 

I can and will, if you want me to, say how I would personally mod them, but honestly? It would probably be better for you long term, to try and do your best to try and guess what mods could go on, and then discuss them and other mods. Like for example, are you familiar with how elements combine? Where you put certain elemental mods, in your mod layout, will determine what elemental combos/elements you get? You might know this already, but some don't, and it can determine a lot. 

This is why some will ask you for your weapons, Warframes, modding choices. We need to see what might need to be improved. 

Tenet Arca Plasma is one of the most viable weapons for Steel Path, but there are other variables to consider. Like your modding. Plus if you are fighting against Grineer on Earth? You modding needs to be extra refined. Plus, depending on the map. See Tenet Arca Plasma can be great because it has really good punch through and can ricochet. Meaning, it can be really good against lots of enemies at once, especially close together. Some Earth tile sets have enemies a bit more spread out in forest areas, larger rooms. The weapon should still kill them, but you aren't necessarily getting the benefit of some of the weapons strengths. In this case though the modding knowledge is more important though. 

(Also bosses and Liches themselves are a bit different, so I can cover that in a later post). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deucich said:

Almost any primary gun and substantial majority of secondaries are capable to clear steel path just fine with a good enough build. My suggestion would be to go for arbitrations first and maximize the most crucial galvanized mods (multishot and damage per status effect) before going into the steel path.

Tenet arca plasmor is actually a very strong one, ignis wraith is a lot weaker. Auto-install should not be used for anything but a joke

yeah currently the build mentioned above for my corpus gun is ok, if i can up the status chance its very good, but i gotta do viral, it def makes steel path SO easy.

8 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Hello there. 

So... Steel Path, and even some higher level Lich content is a bit weird and different in the content of Star Chart. Its basically a knowledge and build check. Like if you feel a bit frustrated as to why enemies suddenly seem tougher, thats why. For context, I had a similar experience, I had a tough time on my first steel Path mission, even with what I thought was a powerful Warframe and weapon (they were) but fast forward to today, and I regularly solo much longer Steel Path missions, with, well many many weapons and Warframe. 

The thing that changed was my knowing of the game systems, especially modding, as well as knowing how/why enemies work as well. Some other things. Based on reading your posts, and this is okay, but it sounds like your modding knowledge may be the problem. I say thats okay, as in don't feel too self conscious or anything, its not like Warframe has expansive in game tutorials or anything, but one of the biggest difference makers will be learning and understanding how to mod. Like when you think of your Arca Plasma, and then you think of your Ignis Wraith, what 8 mods do you start to think about, when deciding how to build either weapon? They both have different strengths, so the builds for both should be different. Their is also some flexibility too, as far as your own general preferences. There are going to be quite a few viable builds. 

I can and will, if you want me to, say how I would personally mod them, but honestly? It would probably be better for you long term, to try and do your best to try and guess what mods could go on, and then discuss them and other mods. Like for example, are you familiar with how elements combine? Where you put certain elemental mods, in your mod layout, will determine what elemental combos/elements you get? You might know this already, but some don't, and it can determine a lot. 

This is why some will ask you for your weapons, Warframes, modding choices. We need to see what might need to be improved. 

Tenet Arca Plasma is one of the most viable weapons for Steel Path, but there are other variables to consider. Like your modding. Plus if you are fighting against Grineer on Earth? You modding needs to be extra refined. Plus, depending on the map. See Tenet Arca Plasma can be great because it has really good punch through and can ricochet. Meaning, it can be really good against lots of enemies at once, especially close together. Some Earth tile sets have enemies a bit more spread out in forest areas, larger rooms. The weapon should still kill them, but you aren't necessarily getting the benefit of some of the weapons strengths. In this case though the modding knowledge is more important though. 

(Also bosses and Liches themselves are a bit different, so I can cover that in a later post). 

so how i was instructed to mod my weapon, is similar to how i currently mod them as is. problem is i mod off damage potential, but everyone else seems to mod off crit and status chance. so i've been focusing on that recently. I'd love a suggestion for my tenent arca plasmor as any input is welcome. i do need to get the rest of the galvanized mods however, that and finish grinding endo to max out some mods, mostly damage mods T_T they take WAY to much endo. my biggest issue crrently though is just gettign that ttk. its way to long for long term use in steel path.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

problem is i mod off damage potential, but everyone else seems to mod off crit and status chanc

So simply zero scaling, just big numbers in arsenal. Crit chance and crit damage are not counted in Arsenal either and they provide much better scaling than modding for %dmg and elements if a weapon has above average cc/status stats (20% cc, x2cd, 20%status). If you want to count that and certain conditional modifiers, you should try the overframe.gg builder and Apply Conditionals. It also shows you which mods offer the best damage boost with your current state of build (but it is not very accurate for Hunter Munitions).

1 hour ago, Draconus-Vale said:

so how i was instructed to mod my weapon, is similar to how i currently mod them as is. problem is i mod off damage potential, but everyone else seems to mod off crit and status chance. so i've been focusing on that recently. I'd love a suggestion for my tenent arca plasmor as any input is welcome. i do need to get the rest of the galvanized mods however, that and finish grinding endo to max out some mods, mostly damage mods T_T they take WAY to much endo. my biggest issue crrently though is just gettign that ttk. its way to long for long term use in steel path.

Gotcha. 

So I don't have the best way of explaining all of this in the most objective mathematical way, but A. Their are online calculators that can help you if you want, as well as the Warframe wikia page on damage. B. Their are people in this forum that can probably go into more depth and go into the mathematical aspects if you also want. C. I usually find it better to sort of just explain it in a more broad general straight forward way. Well relatively. Not everyone likes maths. 

That being said, if you have questions, feel free to ask okay?

So "damage" in Warframe is... Just trying to mod for "more" "damage" often won't actually mean more damage. Like one of many things to consider, for example is damage reduction and or enemy armour. If an enemy has armour, they will take reduced damage, but since their are different damage modifiers... that will depend. Also, their are ways to bypass armour and other types of enemies defences. I am using armour as an example though, because with high level Steel Path Grineer enemies, armour is quite a factor. 

There are other factors that can be variables as well, like their are elements, elemental combos, statuses, damage types, and many of these can interact with each other in certain ways. You also have crit modifiers. Also, enemies body parts are factors too (like generally a lot of humanoid enemies with heads, will generally take more damage, but depending on the kinds of damage we are talking about, some weapons will benefit more than others). Then there is also say like multi shot, fire rate and punch through... 

Modding just for damage, ironically can lead to a loss of damage. Does that sort of make sense? Given above? So like multishot for example, generally is considered a mandatory mod for most builds, because you will get better results than just trying to only go all in on damage. Like its a... its more complicated than what I will say next, but for explanation sake, you are familiar with the idea of diminishing returns? Or how multiplicative and additive increases can differ as far as benefits, depending on other factors, variables numbers? If you aren't thats okay, but basically some Mods don't synergise or work as well together as well as one might assume. Like one of the biggest offenders and examples (culprits of poor damage synergy) for some people, is Serration and Heavy Calibur. You will get far more effective damage output with Serration and Split Chamber. 

Things can be a bit more complicated based on the weapons strengths and weaknesses. Also whether its a gun considered crit strong, status strong or potentially hybrid, so possible to build into crit and status. Then there are a few that are the opposite, but I'll ignore those for now. 

Fortunately you are familiar with Tenet Arca Plasma and Ignis Wraith, and you can build both to be hybrids, but they are different enough for the sake of discussion. Tenet Arca Plasma, is a slower fire rate plasma shotgun as you know, Ignis Wraith is a beam weapon. The Tenet Arca Plasma's single hits will generally do more damage, but the Ignis Wraith can apply much more statuses to enemies. So the latter will benefit a lot more by say, having a high fire rate, as well as potentially running say Viral and Heat, a combined elemental combo (Toxin and Cold to create Viral) and a Heat mod (Ignis wraith already has innate Heat, but not a bad idea to add more Heat/Status). Multishot is important and great on both. Another Mod that can work well on both is Hunter Munitions. Not necessary mandatory, )well some might argue it is), but remember how i mentioned Grineer and Armour? Well slash can bypass armour, and Hunter Munitions is a mod that enables weapons with high crit values and damage, to inflict slash that way... Which is why this mod is one of the most popular mods in general for Primaries. Now Tenet Arca Plasma is so strong, you don't actually need it, the way some weapons do. You can build it to be fine without it, especially if you aren't fighting Grineer, but yeah. Its something to acknowledge, understand and consider for your builds. 

Okay I have sort of talked a lot about the theory yes? So what might this actually look like in practice. Well you usually get 8 mod slots (9 if you count the Exilus), and usually one Arcane slot too. Also, if you have a Tenet weapon, you usually come with a Progenitor bonus (what is yours?). Oh and some weapons? Like Tenet Arca Plasma, can come with innate elemental damage. Already mentioned Ignis Wraith and Heat. Tenet Arca Plasma comes with innate Radiation (IIRC). 

1 Mod slot should be for Multishot. Ideally the Galvanised Mod, as you already seem to know, but Hells Chamber, the normal version is fine in the mean time. 2 mods for Crit. Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Critical Deceleration is a Corrupted Mod, it will lower your fire rate a little, but its not a deal breaker on the Tenet Arca Plasma. Shotguns actually have a Primed Crit Damage Mod, Primed Ravage, but just normal Ravage is fine in the mean time. 

The next mods, actually have some bearing on each other. You don't have Galvanised Savvy yet, but its a pretty good mod, that can benefit a bit more from getting more statuses. It also can just offer enough damage to offset the need for a general damage mod, especially once you get an Arcane like Arcane Merciless. So hypothetically, lets say your Progenitor bonus is Heat? You can then mod for Corrosive (Electricity and Toxin), and you'll end up dealing Radiation, Corrosive, and Heat, with will make Galvanised Savvy a bit more effective, and you'll likely be one shotting a lot of enemies. With upfront damage. That being said... if you aren't using Galvanised Savvy, you'll want your damage from something like Point Blank or Primed Point Blank, and then say you might want to kill with DOTs or damage over time, like a slash procc, you will get from Hunter Munitions. Then you might want to enhance that effect with Viral status... so building into Viral instead (so Cold and Toxin). You'll still one shot a lot of enemies, but you'll also kill a lot of enemies that might survive after the first shot, to then bleed out. Depending on what your Progenitor element is though, you'll usually want to have two or so mod spots for elemental combinations. Then 1 or 2 for mods like Hunter Munitions and Galvanised Savvy.  Then depending on using some of them, as well as an Arcane, well 1 more spot for say Point Blank. 

Which means you usually only have 1 or 2 mod spaces left after all that. These can usually be considered flex spots. Some people reserve a spot for a Riven if they really like the weapon. If its a status strong weapon, then ensuring you have say Viral is good then another mod slot might go to Heat (if the weapon doesn't have it innate). Since multishot is strong, Vigilante Armaments is also popular. If a weapon has no punch through or fire rate issues, Shred and Primed Shred are also popular. Like on the Ignis Wraith? Since its a status strong beam weapon? Primed Shred or even Vole Acceleration is really good idea. You will melt enemies with a faster fire rate 

Anyway, this is where your own play style, knowledge and familiarity will start to come into play. At this point, you should be killing enemies enough to start creating your own preferences. Maybe you don't like slow reloads and want to sacrifice a little status for faster reload. Maybe you just end up going with Galvanised Savvy and Primed Point Blank, and a different Arcane, or maybe you want a much faster fire rate and Primed Shred. Maybe you want to go with one of the Crit Mods that happen when you aim and are temporary based on kills... Oh and I forgot Faction mods, which are very popular, and strong meta wise, but my post is a bit long, so I won't really go too indepth on them... 

In case all of above is too much. I'll just post what my current Tenet Arca Plasma build is (well I actually have 2 Tenet Arca Plasma, and use all 6 configs, 3 for each, because I really like the gun but...). On one weapon, the Progenitor is Heat, so I mod for Viral so two mods, Toxin and Cold 60/60 mods. I also use the Galvanised Savvy Mod (I would use Point Blank or Primed Point Blank if I didn't have it yet), Ravage/Primed Ravage for Crit Damage. Critical Deceleration for Crit Chance. Hunter Munitions for Slash Proccs. Which should leave two slots... Tenet Arca Plasma already has some punch through properties, but since I do like a faster fire rate and its punch through IIRC is body punch through, I might use Primed Shred/Shred or Shotgun Barrage. Zakkhar's advice in general, but also about reload is good. Vigilante Armaments maybe as well (I actually use a Riven so that last slot for myself is that). The Exilus is actually decent to unlock, because of the Galvanised mod there which increases Tenet Arca Plasmas falloff and projectile speed. So all slots covered and accounted for. 

I know I wrote a lot, so my apologies, but if you have questions, or didn't understand something or anything, feel free to let us know. Some other small basic tips, is to remember since the gun has punch through its worth it to sort of line up enemies in a row, when you can, since the guns projectile will hit multiple enemies that way. Likewise if you aim a bit more towards their heads, they'll probably take extra damage as well. 

Take care and good luck! 

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Draconus-Vale:

Actually the whole thing is very primitive. If you test a few things, you'll know exactly how to quickly kill a horde of SP enemies.
and certain status procs are only good against certain enemies or if something like slash is involved and then viral proc is also used for dmg boost.

But as you said, the problem is that not all mods with maximum lvl are available. That will definitely change soon.

15 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

that and finish grinding endo to max out some mods, mostly damage mods T_T they take WAY to much endo. my biggest issue crrently though is just gettign that ttk. its way to long for long term use in steel path.

I actually forget to mention something pretty important in regards to this. 

You really don't have to max out many Mods. Especially if they are Primed, Galvanised or Sacrificial or Umbra. 

For most of my Warframe history, most of my Primed Mods are two upgrades short of max, or upgraded even less. For a few reasons. You will save millions of credits and hundreds of thousands of Endo this way. While Tenet Arca Plasma has high capacity being a Tenet weapon, you will be able to easier slot such Mods in other weapons. Then finally, and maybe more importantly for some, the actual damage benefits? Aren't that significant. 

Like being able to fit two 60/60 mods in your build, will often mean a significantly higher damage boost than the last two ranks of Serration. Again its to do with how damage is calculated and different damage types, and status effects. Why something like Viral is considered the meta. A mod like Hunter Munitions will be more important than having a maxed Primed Cryo Rounds. 

So you probably don't actually want to max out many of your more expensive rarer Mods, if they are Primed, Umbra and so on. So you don't have to worry about farming so much Endo or Credits. Thats not the reason why your weapon isn't doing as much damage. Perhaps only certain mods, like those that deal with multishot, critical damage, critical chance... like they can be worth it. Several aren't though, unless you just feel like it and have like years worth of Endo and Credits laying around. My main point is that their damage increasing potential isn't actually that significant. 

To put it another way I have millions of Endo and hundreds of millions of credits, but there are still many Primed, Archon and Umbra mods I haven't maxed out. I could, but eh. The benefits aren't that high, relatively speaking. You usually want to be more concerned with certain breakpoints and thresholds (hence why mods concerning multishot and Crit Chance/Damage are the general exception and worth investing in). 

So yeah, try not get too worried about Endo and Credits and trying to max stuff out, might just lead to burn out and not enjoying the game (unless of course you enjoy getting Endo/Credits). 

On 2024-04-14 at 8:59 PM, PollexMessier said:

I've seen a lot of people say Felarx is also really good but I haven't been able to get it to work for me and neither have friends of mine.

You've been playing for 7+ years and you still don't know how to mod? Felarx is the single most overtuned weapon in the game, it can sweep most of the game with just a couple basic mods.

• Like 1

I discovered that my greatest weapon for Steel Path was actually simple ... it is called mobility. It is not so much how much damage I could deal as how well I could mitigate the incoming damage. Movement is the number 1 damage reduction capability for every frame in the game. Also if jumping aiming and hitting fast melee will immediately smash you into enemies often stunning them momentarily whilst you shoot then jump away again. Basically the risk of dying is so greatly reduced by simple movements the only obstacle is killing enemies in your way. I also completed over 50% of the SP star chart simply cheesing the missions running ivara and going invisible using her augment and plenty of strength so she could move around and literally using a dagger to insta kill just about every enemy with stealth/finisher attacks, Not fast possibly boring to some players but it got the job done.

23 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

so how i was instructed to mod my weapon, is similar to how i currently mod them as is. problem is i mod off damage potential, but everyone else seems to mod off crit and status chance. so i've been focusing on that recently. I'd love a suggestion for my tenent arca plasmor as any input is welcome.

Tenet Arca Plasmor is strong AF, if you don't have primary arcanes and Gal mods though just focus on melee like everyone did when SP came out or use a solid buffing frame.

Warframe uses the same damage formula as many games but we have a ton of multipliers. What that means in practise is that you want as many separate multipliers as you can get rather than going all in on base and crit damage.