Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

help with warframes please

Riccioyv

Hi. 

My 1'st warframe was  Volt, them Volt Prime, and i love him, his style is simple yet really usefull in everything i try to do. then i started to play with other, such as Titania, she's also nice and sinple enough that i understand what im doing, Mesa also  was really nice to play. 

The problem started when i tried to learn how to play with Sevagoth, Nekros (I love the character but i don't play with him), and then the trully annoying ones to play with, like Octavia, i can't comprehend HOW to play with this, same goes to Styanax. 

I tried watching vids about it, how to play, but i can't understand. Could anyone help me? 

also, please: what warframe would be nice to buy? 

second question: does warframe have a Cannon weapon? like, a weapon that shoots missiles? 

I tried to get the ignis but i don't have maestry enough :(

23 minutes ago, chloe88new said:

Hi. 

My 1'st warframe was  Volt, them Volt Prime, and i love him, his style is simple yet really usefull in everything i try to do. then i started to play with other, such as Titania, she's also nice and sinple enough that i understand what im doing, Mesa also  was really nice to play. 

The problem started when i tried to learn how to play with Sevagoth, Nekros (I love the character but i don't play with him), and then the trully annoying ones to play with, like Octavia, i can't comprehend HOW to play with this, same goes to Styanax. 

I tried watching vids about it, how to play, but i can't understand. Could anyone help me? 

second question: does warframe have a Cannon weapon? like, a weapon that shoots missiles? 

Excalibur, so simply even I can play it.

1st ability, makes you go zoom forward

2nd ability makes enemies wish they wore sunglasses so hard they want you to end their lives

3rd ability is stabby in ground for aoe damage (mediocre currently, hopefully DE makes it a pseudo-exalted soon)

4th ability is really OP sword that throws waves that punch through enemies and walls.

Dash, blind, aoe, sword.

Nekros is the one of the other few Warframes I've played for +10 years that I actually know. Very useful for basically any mission, since extra loot is always good.

TLDR: Equip the [Despoil] augment and toggle his #3. The rest doesn't matter, so have useful firearms equipped. Just don't die.

Regarding the rest, I honestly don't know. Octavia has balls I guess?

Octavia is only as complicated as you want to make her. Her bread and butter is pressing 1 (mallet) then 2 (roller) and sitting back while enemies kill themselves. Mallet draws aggro and deals damage to enemies who attack it, roller doubles the mallet's aggro value and brings the mallet closer to enemies so they can attack it better

If you want to do more with Octavia, you also press 4 (Amplify). This creates a "sound field" around yourself. Any Tenno in the sound field gains +200% base damage on all weapons (stacks additively with Serration), and all Mallets gain a 2x damage and range multiplier

The only complicated part with Octavia is her 3 (Metronome). It's almost impossible to use to its fullest extend without completely building your gun fire rate and melee attack speed around it. Most people only use it for the invisibility buff. 

Styanax looks intimidating at first, but he's very simple once you know what each button does. Press 1 (javelin) to throw a javelin that stuns enemies. Press 2 (shield strike) to throw a bunch of magic shields that heal you if they hit enemies, and also reduce enemy armor. Press 3 (Rally Point) to activate a buff, and while the buff is active you regenerate shields each time an enemy dies. Press 4 (final stand) to jump in the air and throw a ton of spears at enemies

29 minutes ago, chloe88new said:

does warframe have a Cannon weapon? like, a weapon that shoots missiles

Zarr and Ogris

1 hour ago, chloe88new said:

does warframe have a Cannon weapon?

Be specific, we have a variety of canons

a weapon that shoots missiles?

Acceltraand the Buzlok

i can't comprehend HOW to play with this

You have two options, stick with simple or go through the roster, pick out who you really like and stick to them. Warframe isn't big on maining things but it does help when you feel overwhelmed.

like Octavia, i can't comprehend HOW to play with this

Four abilities:

Ability 1: Mallet

Simply the drum or percussion. This is the chief damage dealer. The more enemy attacks it sustains the more damage it reflects. (Scaling damage). Tip: when going up against infested, do not use the Ability 2 Resonator. Infested will target the Resonator rather than the Mallet. As the resonator damage does not scale with incoming damage, Octavia's kit is less effective here. H O W E V ER , a Mallet when cast with Amp will do tons of damage, as Infested are melee oriented. If you want to see her numbers from a more or less newer player perspective, Try the Terrorem node on Deimos and go for 20 minutes. Her numbers can get surprising. Find a large open room and stay there. The more duration you have, the more damage will scale. 

Ability 2: Resonator

A rolling aggro ball, picks up the Mallet and potentially gives you some breathing space.

Ability 3: Metronome

The buffing machine. Performing actions on the beats provide: Invisibility (crouching), Multi-shot (Shooting) Speed (Jumping) Melee: Bonus Damage and a Armor bonus is also applied to you and all players inside the Metronome radius.

Ability 4: Amp

Radius and Damage multiplier.

Octavia is not for everyone, in fact I'd say her niche of players is very small. Her initial sound channel is quite dull, and is what turns most players off. I have found that the following sound channels help get my toes tapping: Alpha, Beta, Horos. I find that the magic for me is making use of a VERY limited sequencer and trying to make 4 measures meaningful to other players. I've seen the difference in how others respond to a good tune. Makes me happy.

3 hours ago, chloe88new said:

Quick guide to Sevagoth:

Spoiler

you cast 2 (Sow), then cast 1 (Reap) and do BIG damage. ever heard the saying "you reap what you sow"? well, that's basically Sevagoth in a nutshell. cast sow to put some damage in enemies, then cast reap to send out his shadow which then hits all the marked targets for a ton of damage. when you kill enemies this way it fills up his Death Well, which is tied to his 4th ability.

his 3rd ability Gloom slows everything to a crawl and keeps him alive. it's excellent, and also subsumable, meaning that you can use helminth to put it on other frames (if you don't know what any of that means though, don't worry about it, Helminth is it's own thing you'll learn about later)

his 4th ability (Sevagoth's Shadow) requires his death well to be nearly full, but then it lets you turn into his shadow form which can be used to cast 3 other abilities as well as slice enemies up with massive claws. if you get killed in shadow form, it puts you back in his regular form. also if sevagoth dies, he becomes a shadow, and if you can dash through 5 enemies in a certain amoutn of time, you get revived.

he sounds more complex than he really is tbh. once you get used to him he is a powerhouse of a frame that can control and wipe out enemeis with ease. he also recently got an augment that boosted his capabilities even further, with multiple shadows that can roam around killing everything.

quick guide to Nekros:

Spoiler

Nekros is an excellent frame IMO, and often a got-to for resource farming.

his first ability Soul Punch is a very short range attack that deals a lot of damage, if the enemy has less than half health it's a guaranteed kill. personally though I don't use it much due to it's very short range, so I put Sevagoth's Gloom over it instead.

his second Ability Terrify causes enemies to run away in fear, it's good for if you've taken damage and just need everything to leave you alone for a second. it also has an augment that slows enemies down, making it more effective at crowd control.

his third ability Desecrate turns enemy corpses into loot. it works multiple times on enemies killed by slash as each giblet/piece of a body counts as a corpse. the augment for this ability is great because it makes it cost health instead of energy to keep active, and you get health orbs from desecrate anyway: the floor becomes littered with health/energy orbs and you get additional loot drops.

his 4th ability Shadows of the Dead will "resurrect" the last 7 toughest enemies you killed as friendly ghosts that will draw agro and fight alongside you. they are key to Nekros' survival and ability to defend objectives. the augment for this makes shadows take a portion of damage in your stead, allowing Nekros to tank surprisingly well.

quick guide to Octavia:

Spoiler

I'll preface by saying I'm not really a fan of Octavia, and therefore may not know all her intricacies as much as others. but here goes.

her powers can be customized via the Mandachord, a musical instrument where you can make your own music. it's pretty much a whole minigame in itself, and soem of the songs people put on her range from cringe, to funny, to downright awesome)

her first ability uses the percussion part of the music track to create a small "Mallet" that agro's enemeis and deals damage to them. it scales up really well and with enoguh power range can cover a wide area.

her second ability uses the Bass music and summons a friendly roller that draws agro, and will also pick up any Mallets you have cast and start moving them around, allowing you to deal damage over more areas,

her 3rd ability adds the melody and provides a wide range of buffs when you do certain thigns in time to the music; crouch in time to the music and you go invisible, shoot in time with music and you get mroe multishot etc.. there's at least 6 different ones I think, but those two are the main ones I see used the most.

her 4th ability just increases all your other ability's strength across an area.

generally, you win as Octavia just by keeping all your powers up at once. some love it, others hate it, I find it kinda borign personally but that's just me. is she strong? absolutely. does the music get annoying after a while? yes, yes it can..

quick guide to Styanax

Spoiler

I LOVE styanax, his kit is fairly simple and robust, and he can brign a lot to the team, plus who doesn't want to be a Spartan/Hoplite?

his first ability throws a spear. the spear damages enemies, but can also suck enemies in.

his second ability removes enemy armor: if a big armored heavy dude like a bombard gets up in your grill, cast 2 and now he's soft as a marshmallow. follow up with a headshot or a quick spear throw if you're feeling Spartan-ish.

his 3rd ability regenerates energy for you and allies, but also draws agro to styanax. allies get shields when they assist with kills.

his 4th ability makes you get airborne, clone yourself and start throwing a whole bunch of spears at the enemy. he has an augment for it where you get overguard (a LOT of overguard, for killling with it, and it applies not just for you, but allies as well, meaning you can effectively protect everyone.

4 hours ago, chloe88new said:

whatever one interests you I guess! I don't know how long you've been playing or what your preferred playstyle is, so I'd say just go for what you feel like, every frame is capable of doing like 99% of content anyway, it all just comes down to how you build them with mods etc. you mentioned you Like Volt though, maybe give Gyre a look? she is another electric-themed frame with a very different set of abilities, but I really like her, you might too!

4 hours ago, chloe88new said:

we have several!

if you want a straight up cannon like ripped off a pirate ship, the Zarr is pretty good: ammo is limited but it's very effective. 

the Ogris is a more traditional rocket launcher, again, limited ammo but very effective.

the Acceltra is an assault rifle that fires micro-missiles, so not hittign as hard per shot, but lots of tiny rockets at once look awesome as hell. still limited ammo compared to other assault rifles, but not nearly as much as the other options.

we also have secondary rocket launchers, the Angstrum and the Kulstar (which has cluster munitions).

if you want to complete the rocket theme, you can also add the Jat Kittag hammer as your melee weapon: it's a jet-powered hammer, and every bit as fun as it sounds IMO!

• Like 3

For Octavia focus on the mallet and metronome. Change your mandachord setting (make sure every tone was active/filled), mute the tone to respect other player. Press crouch multiple time and she's invisible and unkillable as long the mallet still active.

I already replace the crouch button with the sprint button (ctrl with shift on PC) because I rarely sprint and always bullet jump (it's faster). That way my pinky still intact.

Cannon (AOE) had been nerfed but still useful for low level enemies. Make sure you had Fulmination(Primed version) and if you don't have Primed Sure Footed use Sure Footed+Fortitude. Or use status immune ability.

Edited by BroDutt

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Quick guide to Sevagoth:

Reveal hidden contents

you cast 2 (Sow), then cast 1 (Reap) and do BIG damage. ever heard the saying "you reap what you sow"? well, that's basically Sevagoth in a nutshell. cast sow to put some damage in enemies, then cast reap to send out his shadow which then hits all the marked targets for a ton of damage. when you kill enemies this way it fills up his Death Well, which is tied to his 4th ability.

his 3rd ability Gloom slows everything to a crawl and keeps him alive. it's excellent, and also subsumable, meaning that you can use helminth to put it on other frames (if you don't know what any of that means though, don't worry about it, Helminth is it's own thing you'll learn about later)

his 4th ability (Sevagoth's Shadow) requires his death well to be nearly full, but then it lets you turn into his shadow form which can be used to cast 3 other abilities as well as slice enemies up with massive claws. if you get killed in shadow form, it puts you back in his regular form. also if sevagoth dies, he becomes a shadow, and if you can dash through 5 enemies in a certain amoutn of time, you get revived.

he sounds more complex than he really is tbh. once you get used to him he is a powerhouse of a frame that can control and wipe out enemeis with ease. he also recently got an augment that boosted his capabilities even further, with multiple shadows that can roam around killing everything.

quick guide to Nekros:

Reveal hidden contents

Nekros is an excellent frame IMO, and often a got-to for resource farming.

his first ability Soul Punch is a very short range attack that deals a lot of damage, if the enemy has less than half health it's a guaranteed kill. personally though I don't use it much due to it's very short range, so I put Sevagoth's Gloom over it instead.

his second Ability Terrify causes enemies to run away in fear, it's good for if you've taken damage and just need everything to leave you alone for a second. it also has an augment that slows enemies down, making it more effective at crowd control.

his third ability Desecrate turns enemy corpses into loot. it works multiple times on enemies killed by slash as each giblet/piece of a body counts as a corpse. the augment for this ability is great because it makes it cost health instead of energy to keep active, and you get health orbs from desecrate anyway: the floor becomes littered with health/energy orbs and you get additional loot drops.

his 4th ability Shadows of the Dead will "resurrect" the last 7 toughest enemies you killed as friendly ghosts that will draw agro and fight alongside you. they are key to Nekros' survival and ability to defend objectives. the augment for this makes shadows take a portion of damage in your stead, allowing Nekros to tank surprisingly well.

quick guide to Octavia:

Reveal hidden contents

I'll preface by saying I'm not really a fan of Octavia, and therefore may not know all her intricacies as much as others. but here goes.

her powers can be customized via the Mandachord, a musical instrument where you can make your own music. it's pretty much a whole minigame in itself, and soem of the songs people put on her range from cringe, to funny, to downright awesome)

her first ability uses the percussion part of the music track to create a small "Mallet" that agro's enemeis and deals damage to them. it scales up really well and with enoguh power range can cover a wide area.

her second ability uses the Bass music and summons a friendly roller that draws agro, and will also pick up any Mallets you have cast and start moving them around, allowing you to deal damage over more areas,

her 3rd ability adds the melody and provides a wide range of buffs when you do certain thigns in time to the music; crouch in time to the music and you go invisible, shoot in time with music and you get mroe multishot etc.. there's at least 6 different ones I think, but those two are the main ones I see used the most.

her 4th ability just increases all your other ability's strength across an area.

generally, you win as Octavia just by keeping all your powers up at once. some love it, others hate it, I find it kinda borign personally but that's just me. is she strong? absolutely. does the music get annoying after a while? yes, yes it can..

quick guide to Styanax

Reveal hidden contents

I LOVE styanax, his kit is fairly simple and robust, and he can brign a lot to the team, plus who doesn't want to be a Spartan/Hoplite?

his first ability throws a spear. the spear damages enemies, but can also suck enemies in.

his second ability removes enemy armor: if a big armored heavy dude like a bombard gets up in your grill, cast 2 and now he's soft as a marshmallow. follow up with a headshot or a quick spear throw if you're feeling Spartan-ish.

his 3rd ability regenerates energy for you and allies, but also draws agro to styanax. allies get shields when they assist with kills.

his 4th ability makes you get airborne, clone yourself and start throwing a whole bunch of spears at the enemy. he has an augment for it where you get overguard (a LOT of overguard, for killling with it, and it applies not just for you, but allies as well, meaning you can effectively protect everyone.

whatever one interests you I guess! I don't know how long you've been playing or what your preferred playstyle is, so I'd say just go for what you feel like, every frame is capable of doing like 99% of content anyway, it all just comes down to how you build them with mods etc. you mentioned you Like Volt though, maybe give Gyre a look? she is another electric-themed frame with a very different set of abilities, but I really like her, you might too!

we have several!

if you want a straight up cannon like ripped off a pirate ship, the Zarr is pretty good: ammo is limited but it's very effective. 

the Ogris is a more traditional rocket launcher, again, limited ammo but very effective.

the Acceltra is an assault rifle that fires micro-missiles, so not hittign as hard per shot, but lots of tiny rockets at once look awesome as hell. still limited ammo compared to other assault rifles, but not nearly as much as the other options.

we also have secondary rocket launchers, the Angstrum and the Kulstar (which has cluster munitions).

if you want to complete the rocket theme, you can also add the Jat Kittag hammer as your melee weapon: it's a jet-powered hammer, and every bit as fun as it sounds IMO!

I'm just here to +1 this presentation. Very nicely done sir!

vor 10 Stunden schrieb chloe88new:

Hi. 

I can't recommend it at all because we don't know your personality and style of play.
When it comes to almost immortal campers who also get more loot and therefore support the group with ammo, Nekros is ahead. I even installed 800 armor as a base. Even in SP circuit after an hour hardly anyone can kill him:

1.jpg

and when it comes to further support, wisp is one of the most popular warframes. Here I replaced 4th skill with "empower" for almost 460% power str. Here again 4x blue shards for armor and health up to around 800 armor. i get energy with "archon stretch" or with "Rakta Dark Dagger"

2.jpg

and if it's about hardly any and first-class investment, then I would definitely buy KHORA (prime). This is a very successful warframe that can be tweaked very well and I boldly claim that it is a real ALLROUND warframe! This is what mine looks like with Acceltra Prime Skin:

3.jpg

Edited by Venus-Venera