The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do players get the implications of the Armor , resistance and status changes ?

On 2024-04-26 at 9:29 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

...I am overall looking forward to these changes eagerly. It's going to be a very significant change that will affect a lot of things. Would love to discuss views and opinions on how this will (or not) impact you.

I too look forward to the changes, constant change is a lot of what makes this game interesting to me.

I am just as eagerly awaiting the pedantic arguments over the minutiae - already in full swing without any real data, as always - to entertain us with the breathless certainty that as players 'they know it all, better' than DE or other players...this is also part of why I keep up with WF, the schadenfreude of all the gamers that think DE 'kills the fun'. The level of vitriol gamers will toss out at each other over the minutiae of numbers in a game they cannot control is truly hilarious.

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

The only things I afraid of is I had to buy extra mod pre-set slot for all my main weapons after this change drop and also Toxin we know nowadays might be history after that cuz even if they didn't mention Toxin nerf at dev stream they definitely gonna do something to it or the shield change will be pointless.

The only thing they can do to make Corpus worthy and reduce the Viral meta would be to make Corpus unit be full Shields. Like no HP, if that makes sense. Boom, Toxin & Viral statuses become useless

Otherwise, we'll just go through the eternal cycle of Toxin statuses (Toxin, Gas, Corrosive & Viral) combined with Slash being predominant, as it always was.

After reading their whole post, I have the feeling the situation will just be worse afterward, with plenty of wonky situations in between. Like how fun will that be to fight against Corrupted enemies, or Acolytes spawns during Corpus/Infested missions,...

Wait & See, it's not as if we could do something anyway

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

People think this would ruin build diversity? Pardon?

Throughout my time in this community, I have seen things such slash/viral, a term known as “mandatory armor strip,” some people pushing for viral/corrosive or heat/corrosive, and all of those is because of armor factors. Sure it sounds diverse, but you’re forgetting every single other element… what about radiation? Gas? Electricity? Toxin? Impact? Actually no, screw impact. Puncture? Cold? That can be considered diverse in it’s own way, but judging from how DE said they were going to handle armor, it’s going to add more diversity, simply because there will be no need for a “mandatory armor strip.” 

To quote UnstarPrime, I guess we’ll have to wait and see

Only then can we judge if DE accomplished what they were trying to accomplish 

• Like 1

On 2024-04-27 at 5:29 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

ITS TIME FOR A META ROLLOVER

crushed noo GIF

^ how a lot of people are most likely going to react, regardless of how good/bad the changes will be. 

personally I'm just gonna wait until they go live; even when DE write stuff in dev workshops, there's always room for misinterpretation or thigns can be worded very poorly compared to how it actually functions in-game. speculating can be fun too, sure, but the smart money is on sitting back, watching the drama unfold, and testing it yourself (and if something genuinely bad/not working as intended pops up, call it out, write a post/bug report.).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

crushed noo GIF

^ how a lot of people are most likely going to react, regardless of how good/bad the changes will be. 

And the tears will spice the schadenfreude, it will be delicious!

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Dont forget the "Warframe is dead" or "Warframe is ruined" and "DE should refund me everything" posts, threads, youtube videos with red arrows, circles and RANDOM capiTalized WORDS in THEIR titlES.

On 2024-04-29 at 8:48 PM, Xzorn said:

This is why my very first question on the first page of that post was asking if bonus modifiers were still going to double dip armor.

If they do then it will never be worth fully stripping armor. It wasn't worth doing against Ferrite when Corrosive was 25% per proc and we ran 90% + 60/60 and it's still not generally worth it with 60/60x2 Corrosive + Heat. The enemy would need to stay alive a notable amount of time for the Heat DoT to catch up.

I already run only a single Tau +3 Emerald to drop armor to 1%.

Seems like it will be a new system completely. Of course the interaction might stay due to some slip up, but they are clear with the intent that what type of health you attack wont matter regarding the bonus damage (or resistance).