The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante and Bosses

it feels bad when I have to cast tragedy 50 times just to kill a necramech, or an acolyte, I don't know what I need to do to bypass the 4 stacks cap, do the dots' damage still increase within those 4 stacks?

at the same time, it's weird how angels have the same cap but get one shotted still.

Sadly this is Dante's only problem for me, that he isn't universal against all bosses, or status limited enemeis.

and I'd like to know how you guys managed to overcome this...any tips or help is appreciated!

• Like 1

Almost all bosses have weak points or unique mechanics that we as players need to exploit to bring them down.

Abilities on bosses are helpful but weapons generally do the real Damage. there are some exceptions such as revenants 4th ability to simply obliterate acolytes as his ability simply disregards any defensive mechanics they have. As for necramechs just using an ability it is less productive unless using a DPS boosting ability as nechs are overall strong but the moment those canisters on the arms are shot then nechs are simply reduced to fodder and die with minimum effort.

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Prof-Dante:

it feels bad when I have to cast tragedy 50 times just to kill a necramech, or an acolyte, I don't know what I need to do to bypass the 4 stacks cap, do the dots' damage still increase within those 4 stacks?

at the same time, it's weird how angels have the same cap but get one shotted still.

Sadly this is Dante's only problem for me, that he isn't universal against all bosses, or status limited enemeis.

and I'd like to know how you guys managed to overcome this...any tips or help is appreciated!

Most warframe skills are very bad against bosses. Dante is no exception

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

May I Suggest casting tragedy 50+1 times? Seems to work for me. You need 50 primers. Don't ever stop short.

Although ropalolyst needs 50+2.

13 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Wait, you guys can use abilities on bosses? 

13 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Most warframe skills are very bad against bosses. Dante is no exception

18 hours ago, johnno23 said:

Almost all bosses have weak points or unique mechanics that we as players need to exploit to bring them down.

Abilities on bosses are helpful but weapons generally do the real Damage. there are some exceptions such as revenants 4th ability to simply obliterate acolytes as his ability simply disregards any defensive mechanics they have. As for necramechs just using an ability it is less productive unless using a DPS boosting ability as nechs are overall strong but the moment those canisters on the arms are shot then nechs are simply reduced to fodder and die with minimum effort.

19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

2xscjb.png?a476208

Wait, you guys are getting to damage bosses with abilities?

19 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

He has weakness? What an oversight!

20 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I shoot with gun or read from book.

fair.

• Like 4

It is likely tied to their damage attenuation. Alot of the massive damage from Tragedy is likely eaten by their attenuation since it might consider it several attacks hitting at a very high rate as it consumes all 4 stacks and tick in one go. If you leave the ticks to do their work you kill acolytes very quickly with Dark Verse at just 4 stacks. Mechs I havent really given a thought to since I tend to just go ham on them with melee or guns, though I tend to do that with acolytes aswell.

It tends to be DVx2 and then chop-chop as Wordwarden adds some nice skaldic art of blood, fire and death.

On 2024-04-30 at 1:23 AM, PublikDomain said:

2xscjb.png?a476208

Wait, you guys are getting to damage bosses with abilities?

On 2024-04-30 at 7:07 AM, Aruquae said:

Wait, you guys can use abilities on bosses? 

I legit got a laugh out of these ngl

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-29 at 7:36 PM, Prof-Dante said:

Armor.  Angels are taking your full damage, while Necramechs are negating 95% of your raw damage and only really feeling your slash procs.  Nope, this is me misremembering; I'm so used to armor stripping Angels that I forgot that they start with armor!

On 2024-04-29 at 7:36 PM, Prof-Dante said:

Personally, I think this is a good thing.  Dante is great at obliterating crowds and he's great at your team's survival.  If he were also great at killing boss-like units, he might actually deserve another round of nerfs; I think it's good that Dante can't do everything with only his kit.

Dante is currently my favorite frame, so I've been experiencing his weakness with boss-like units myself.  I have a few suggestions:

• In terms of his abilities, remember that his birds increase status damage, so that can make the procs that get through hit harder.
  • Beyond that, you've got 3 weapon slots, so pick one of them to be your "boss problem-solver".

Personally, my solution has been the Azothane.  Melee Animosity, Viral 60/60, Blood Rush and/or Sacrificial Steel, Organ Shatter, Condition Overload, Weeping Wounds, and the Tennokai of your choice.  Also, some means to build up and maintain combo (I personally have come to exclusively use Naramon) to make sure your Heavy Attacks get big multipliers.  Your Tennokai attacks will be delivering guaranteed 6x damage Slash procs, and that's before you get to the multipliers from Viral and your Combo Counter and Crits.  I can't think of anything that can be hit by melee that can stand up to something like this.

Hope this helps!

Edited by UnstarPrime
i misspelled the word big. turns out it's spelled "big"
  • Like 1