The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's 2024 and the wolf hood still cant be worn by the Drifter

They refit old cosmetics for Drfiter in batches and roll them out with big updates. You'll just have to wait.

My issue is with refit quality. Drifter suits are either overbulked or dystrophic. Some are in between. Makes it impossible to combine different parts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dairaion said:

Why does DE keep ignoring issues with Drifter and Operator cosmetics? Cosmetics are 90% of warframe at any given moment.

I've been asking this myself for 5 years. Not the wolf hood specifically, but the overall poor quality of their cosmetic options. The best we can do is complain about it until they notice.

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

Makes it impossible to combine different parts.

To be fair, that's often the case with the Operator versions as well. In some cases items within the same set don't match.

22 hours ago, Dairaion said:

Why does DE keep ignoring issues with Drifter and Operator cosmetics? Cosmetics are 90% of warframe at any given moment.

DE isn't ignoring it though?  They've told us that they're working on it, detailed how they're working on it, and they've demonstrated that they're walking their talk by periodically releasing these updates to batches of cosmetics.  It'll take time to get to every last item, but there's no ignoring going on here.

• Like 6

vor 11 Minuten schrieb UnstarPrime:

DE isn't ignoring it though?  They've told us that they're working on it, detailed how they're working on it, and they've demonstrated that they're walking their talk by periodically releasing these updates to batches of cosmetics.  It'll take time to get to every last item, but there's no ignoring going on here.

Even if that's the case, it still doesn't help. Because they should either tell us the exact release date or not feed us any fairy tales.
Because there were too many cases where updates took forever and then nothing came that was promised.

So everything is not okay. And I hardly believe that they will get better. because they don't care about anything.

• Like 1

hace 12 horas, Venus-Venera dijo:

Even if that's the case, it still doesn't help. Because they should either tell us the exact release date or not feed us any fairy tales.
Because there were too many cases where updates took forever and then nothing came that was promised.

So everything is not okay. And I hardly believe that they will get better. because they don't care about anything.

Man, you have an unhealthy relationship with this game, I see you ranting about everything in every thread on this forum. If they say they are working on it but don't know when it will be ready, it would be absurd to give an exact date; making promises without being sure that they will be able to keep them would be a very bad idea.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I'd be more willing to believe it if what they worked on was of good quality. But with the latest batch of drifter cosmetics you have zauba apparel that has no physics. That's just now. We also have helmets removing facial hair, Sirocco glued to the hand, etc.

I agree with you that we shouldn't expect everything at once, but issues with operators and drifters have been with us for so long it's high time for DE to finally do something about it. There is a thread about misaligned amp scaffolds that's been going for 6 years already. At this point this should be fixed just to reward the person that started that thread for their patience. If Kahl has overall better quality than the player character, the devs have something backwards.

Edited by Genitive

7 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I'd be more willing to believe it if what they worked on was of good quality. But with the latest batch of drifter cosmetics you have zauba apparel that has no physics. That's just now. We also have helmets removing facial hair, Sirocco glued to the hand, etc.

I agree with you that we shouldn't expect everything at once, but issues with operators and drifters have been with us for so long it's high time for DE to finally do something about it. There is a thread about misaligned amp scaffolds that's been going for 6 years already. At this point this should be fixed just to reward the person that started that thread for their patience. If Kahl has overall better quality than the player character, the devs have something backwards.

Matter of priorities. Porting cosmetics that players already bought and minor visual bugs vs working on new content and more impactful bugs. Then the issue between working on something till it's fully done vs just getting it out the door.

For a company it's been well demonstrated by the industry as a whole that getting new things out the door and fixing it later is the optimal approach for both getting money and engagement. So it makes sense for DE to prioritize not working on something older that won't get them much of a return and especially better for them to prioritize entirely new content.

Then there's what the players want. You're talking about wanting quality and older things worked on more than newer. Meanwhile OP's sentiment seems to be just wanting it out the door asap. And you'll find every other combination of opinions on such a topic throughout the community. Ultimately there's no winning with whatever DE does as even if they just halted everything and ported/polished all of the Drifter cosmetics you'll have all the players who use the Operator instead and those who want new things prioritized ranging from not engaging with DE's work to outright upset at the "wasted" dev time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trst said:

Matter of priorities. Porting cosmetics that players already bought and minor visual bugs vs working on new content and more impactful bugs. Then the issue between working on something till it's fully done vs just getting it out the door.

Priorities are fine, but when they release those cosmetics, they could at least look decent. I don't care if they port one transference suit a year, just make it so it works properly. If they can find time to fix Mesa Prime's ass, they surely can find time to fix some of the operator/drifter problems.

If they aim to just get it out of the door, we will repeat what happened to the first batch of transference suits, where they still suffer from clipping and lack of physics years after their release. It is even more upsetting when you know that they had worked mostly fine before they reworked them into the current modular system.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Genitive:

Priorities are fine, but when they release those cosmetics, they could at least look decent. I don't care if they port one transference suit a year, just make it so it works properly. If they can find time to fix Mesa Prime's ass, they surely can find time to fix some of the operator/drifter problems.

If they aim to just get it out of the door, we will repeat what happened to the first batch of transference suits, where they still suffer from clipping and lack of physics years after their release. It is even more upsetting when you know that they had worked mostly fine before they reworked them into the current modular system.

The thing about the cosmetics is definitely intentional. because according to them it has to fit “into the overall” picture.
Because I'm more than sure that the people there can design good things. Even causal designers from Steam create much better skils and effects than things from the shop. Because that looks ugly and the motivation to buy something like that with real life cash is zero. But when they finally release good looking and modern stuff, then other content will look too ugly in comparison. which was also the case with Bramma bow. sounds, skin were n1 back then.

On 2024-05-14 at 8:46 AM, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Man, you have an unhealthy relationship with this game, I see you ranting about everything in every thread on this forum. If they say they are working on it but don't know when it will be ready, it would be absurd to give an exact date; making promises without being sure that they will be able to keep them would be a very bad idea.

Concern troll. 

I have one dream, it's not a cyberpunk story with a NIN backing track or explaining Stalker.

I just want to put the Wolf Helmet with the full Saturn Six armor and syandana set on my Grineer drifter armor without the big clipping Sheev. I want my operator to look more grineer than the grineer themselves.

It would be cool if i could have other grineer stuff too like a full squad of liches, a premade grineer based dojo but they'll never do it. But they can do the former.