Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

Throwing my hat in as another who can't get the game to update, specifically:

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly...

Full list of what's been done, based on various fixes online for this error (in no particular order):

• Ensure all firewalls are set to allow warframe.
  • Repair all versions of Visual C++ and restart computer
  • Ensure steam is running an administrator mode
  • Restarting the router
  • Turned aggressive and bulk downloading off
  • Turning both download options back on and off again
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the game via steam
  • Verifying download cache
  • Leaving the updater running for several hours cycling through attempts at completing the download.

Now, I know I don't always have a perfectly stable connection, but everything else internet wise is working fine.

Edit:  After leaving  the updater running for another few hours it managed to update successfully.

Edited by souldead341
new info

did everything support team said and tips on warframe forum say's still no fix please De help me or make us be able to download update and install it offline like a software for warframe.

i really want to play night wave series 3.😟

3 days without warframe😭

Try to verify the cache and then turn off the agressive download on the launcher settings.

If it doesn't works, well, i did uninstall and reinstall the whole game before trying the first thing but idk if it did something really

On 2020-05-02 at 6:54 AM, gosteady said:

こちら、修正されたようですが、これ以降でもアップデートに頻繁に失敗しますので、ログを送ります。
ダウンロードは少しずつですが出来てはいるようなので、そのうち完了すると思いますが時間が掛かるでしょう。
昨日から数えてもうすでに20回以上は失敗しています。:sadcry:
こんなにたくさん失敗するのは初めてです。

The update will fail even after this fix. I sent log date.
It has failed more than 20 times since yesterday. :sadcry:

Although the download is done little by little, It's the first time I've failed so many updates.

This issue Again Today.:sadcry:
I also report today's log.

----追記分----
This time by changing the following settings I have successfully downloaded smoothly.

1) Bulk Download Off
2) Aggressive Download Off

前回試してだめでしたが、今回は下記の設定を変更することにより
スムーズにダウンロードすることに成功しました。しばらくはこの状態で様子を見ます。
1)ランチャーでバルクダウンロードをoff
2)ランチャーで強制ダウンロードをoff

aWdHCvH.png

MO0J9rS.png

Edited by gosteady
追記

Update failed.I'am currently trying to find a fix myself as nothing worked so far. I have a good optimized pc and there arent any issues with other games. Even games which run on a luncher aswell like Elder Scrolls Online update without issue.. This is really disheartening as DE posted they hotfixed the issue allready, which probably means they fixed it for some people and from what i can see in this topic. Broke it for many more. Nice

Why Warfame couldnt just update itself throught steam? why every SKUUM game have to update throught their own outdated lunchers. Whats the purpose of this luncher? If you want to post news and promotions .Find some way which dosent take away from the game

Can't update. Or rather, I should say keeps failing on "checking for new content"

I miss the old days when you could just download and install the update yourself

Edited by peger
  • Like 1

Checking for new content lasts forever and does not fail or continue past this point.

Every time the launcher has to do ANYTHING there's always a ton of problems. This in addition to arbitrations not starting at all yesterday or dropping you straight into glitched lobbies...

Edited by -Epoch-

Last hotfix broke the launcher for me. Checking for new content takes around 3 minutes and then i get:

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT

The update will be restarted shortly...

Then it takes another ~5 minutes and it starts over again for another loop. Everything worked just fine before the hotfix. Only workaround that works for me is to start the launcher with a VPN.

21 hours ago, peger said:

Can't update. Or rather, I should say keeps failing on "checking for new content"

I miss the old days when you could just download and install the update yourself

I wasted half a day reinstalling the game for nothing. Time to send ticket

I had try all ways from here(https://pupuweb.com/warframe-update-failed-error/). but failure and failure. 3.1kb something mustn't downlord.

but yesturday I done finaly by using VPN(I use hide.me).

Oh god!

It's natural that BETA game systems and contents have many bugs. It's can't be help.Than that gorwthing game with active discussions DE and players is so fantastic.

But I find it too problematic to use products from other companies.

DE,You must take back pride in perfecting your product at the very least launcher, don't you?

At last , I can be a space ninja for the first time in a week!  I am Tenno!  Thanks DE for making this game!

Hey Guys,

me neither can update since thursday evening. Nothing of the things I tried worked for me out but maybe for you:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling

- Repairing the visual c++ files and restarting

- set Warframe .exe -Filies to run on admin

- Deactivated the anti virus programe

- Renamed the cache.windows folder

- deleted the cache.windows folder, so the launcher reinstalled evering

- Tried different settings in the little gear at the upper right corner of the launcher screen.

So hopefully DE has a fix for this.

I have opened a ticket aswell and sended them the log-files.

All the best guys!

i got this problem has been two days. already send a ticket, but they want the error number who should apperar when close the launcher but no number appear after that. 

the update find a 17.4 mb but nothing happens just give time out or serves temporaly out.

sorry if have errors, english is not my language.

I just loaded the last update and now I can't interact with anything with my primary mouse 1 button. Not from the login to the arsenal. Is this a bug on my end and if so how can I fix it. Also it is not just my mouse because I have a touch pad on my Laptop as well and the primary mouse button did not work on this either. This problem began after I downloaded the update. Is this an update related bug?

Any attention to this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you

After trying what i believe was absolutely everything.What worked for me is complete uninstall of warframe and reinstallation of the game.. Download took me a about 2 weeks but hey, it worked. If you want to attempt this. Make sure you get rid of all of the files. Temp files aswell. I still have no idea what causes this issue. Its not first time this bug showed in history of Warframe. They really should look into this. Who knows how many players they lost becouse of this, expecially when you have to download about 30 gb with slow internet

• Like 1

I was apparently able to get Warframe up to date, but it will not let me log in once I've restarted it. I've included screenshots.

Haven't played in about 2 years because this problem persists. Here are some screenshots. The Graphics API section seems to bee greyed out as well. I've tried quite a few things, including uninstalling/reinstalling. If anyone could help me out here I'd appreciate it.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/wJyzP0t

On 2020-05-15 at 12:04 PM, geogamist said:

I just loaded the last update and now I can't interact with anything with my primary mouse 1 button. Not from the login to the arsenal. Is this a bug on my end and if so how can I fix it. Also it is not just my mouse because I have a touch pad on my Laptop as well and the primary mouse button did not work on this either. This problem began after I downloaded the update. Is this an update related bug?

Any attention to this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you

I'm experiencing the same issue, surprisingly I can access region chat but still unable to use my primary mouse button.