The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Normally at the end of a Cinematic Quest, DE give us a free toy to add to our arsenal. What might Jade Shadow bring?

No matter how much we might want it, it's probably not the stalker, simply because there's a whole intrinsic for him on the duviri game mode that would have to get updated to do... something else, or else it's just a dead node. And then how do you farm stalker weapons once you already have him? Who takes his place hunting us?

If they *did* put stalker in as playable, I imagine we would need part of the quest to be something like how the interaction with umbra went down. We would need to tame him, and bring him into the fold, and that's not easily doable if his whole reason for living revolves around hating our guts. Odds are good, something or someone important to him was taken from him by the Tenno back in the rebellion, and that's where that deep seated hate is coming from. It wouldn't just be about soothing some old pain someone else inflicted. It would be about attaining forgiveness for pain we inflicted, and don't remember.
I just don't see that happening.

Actually acquiring stalker puts too many holes in the plot and game-play elsewhere in the game, and it would be a stretch for us to be able to tame him.

It's probably just the stalker's landing craft / landing craft skin. (did they say for sure whether it was a skin or a whole landing craft?)

----------
That said, a playable stalker would have to be another sentient frame, like Umbra, and they would probably have to squeeze in a few other quirks. As jade's opposite, I wonder if he should also have two aura slots? Also, doesn't the one from our timeline (as opposed to the duviri version) have more than 4 abilities? Maybe that's just special synergy with his weapons? Also, the duviri version has higher energy regen than he should, given his mods. What's up with that? some kind of Aura enhancer perk, or does he have a natural energy regen? So many questions, and it starts feeling like having him would actually box him into being a certain way, whereas right now he can remain a bit of a mystery.

Gerade eben schrieb Anova3:

And then how do you farm stalker weapons once you already have him?

Gameplay doesnt need to and not always has respected lore. We farm bosses many times, yet canonically some of them were destroyed. Exploiter and Profit taker are still around because we need them farmable.

• Like 2

Just now, Drachnyn said:

Gameplay doesnt need to and not always has respected lore. We farm bosses many times, yet canonically some of them were destroyed. Exploiter and Profit taker are still around because we need them farmable.

Like, fair enough with the time cube and all that. We could have multiple timeline stalkers - one we get and another that still hunts us - so I'll admit that was a weak point I made. The idea of being hunted by stalker, while playing stalker, does feel a bit odd though.

5 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

What's AotZ? Attack on the Zaw? Ash on the Zimmer frame? Atlas of the Zebra?

Angels Of The Zariman

It's more of an introduction to the Zariman tileset, but it does feature a few small cutscenes and is part of the Linear series of quests normally bundled with cinematic quests.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Zahnrad:

As much as I personally want to get Stalker I doubt we'll actually obtain him at the end of the quest, but speaking freely and openly. I want to be proven wrong there.

Anyway, DE have mentioned that Jade Shadow is the next Cinematic Quest in Warframe. While this isn't true for every Cinematic Quest, more times than not, we're given a new toy to add to our arsenal, complete with a slot and catalyst (or reactor in the case of Umbra).

Second Dream gives us Broken War

The War Within gave us Broken Scepter

The Sacrifice gave us Umbra and his signature Nikana

Prelude to War gave us Paracesis (ok I lied, this one requires you to craft and isn't cheap, still fits the sort of theme though.)

The New War gave us Nataruk

Veilbreaker gave us Archon Shards (or at least an introduction)

I don't think Angels of the Zariman gave us anything (an exception alongside Apostasy Prologue which is short anyway)

Whispers in the Walls gave us the Grimoire

misc quests,

Deadlock Protocal gives the Xoris

The Duviri Paradox gives Sun & Moon (also a blueprint but still)

With all that in mind, I assume we're going to be getting a new toy to play with in Jade Shadow.

Obviously we have no way to predict and it will probably be tied to the story itself but I'm curious what it'll be.

Actually, I would simply be in favor of stalker skins for certain warframes like ash. And for certain helmith skills like mag's dmg reflect for certain warframes.

Now, of course, the question is how it can be implemented technically. Skin is NP, but they have their own rules for skills.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Jivy said:

Then why is the event giving out the whole JADE set then? that statement contradicts what is happening ingame

It... isn't... Did you confuse the new Ordis store with the Event store?

I mean, yes, Ordis is the point of contact for the Event as well, but they're clearly separate sections of Ordis' wares.

The Event store is for the Clan Event, where you get all the Arcanes and the Event Cosmetics.

The new Game Mode, Ascension, is what drops the parts and pity-grind resources for Jade, and you cash the pity resources in with Ordis to get Jade.

Ordis' store with Jade's parts will stay beyond the Event, the Event store only lasts the duration of it.

They are two different things.

::Edit::

And for the record, having an Event drop the new Warframe isn't even a new thing, and DE have had Events or temporary locations for frames for the duration of whatever is happening, before moving the frame into another location.

Lavos originally dropped from the Glassmaker Nightwave event, but was moved to a regular store on Deimos after, Nezha was temporarily in the Sortie drop table to get players to interact with that, but was then moved to the Dojo.

If Jade is available with the Event resources, then sure, that's fine too.

But the store with Ordis was stated to be a new thing after the Quest and would be staying beyond the event for players that were farming Jade.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime

On 2024-06-08 at 1:30 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

It... isn't... Did you confuse the new Ordis store with the Event store?

Clarifying I mean the BP's for the stuff including main

On 2024-06-06 at 5:10 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Well, considering they were directly quoted on the DevStream as saying 'Jade Shadows will be how you get Jade' you can consider that the case there.

You get Jade from the new game mode or from Ordis as a vendor on a relay. That was covered fully, you don't get Jade from the quest.

The only potential reward that we know of is the Terror Liset Skin. Given that this is a cinematic quest, we're bound to get more rewards then this.

Plus the clan even has "Low Guardian Armor" and a Hate Skin tied to it, so I'm thinking we will be getting more Stalker related rewards given that this is his quest after all.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I'm thinking this is his helmet tbh (or could just be a bug but that'd be boring)

It was a chest piece, shown in the event shop. They didn't show the actual piece but it is a chest piece, only the Ephemeras and Hate Skin.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim

On 2024-06-07 at 5:11 AM, Anova3 said:

No matter how much we might want it, it's probably not the stalker, simply because there's a whole intrinsic for him on the duviri game mode that would have to get updated to do... something else, or else it's just a dead node. And then how do you farm stalker weapons once you already have him? Who takes his place hunting us?

If they *did* put stalker in as playable, I imagine we would need part of the quest to be something like how the interaction with umbra went down. We would need to tame him, and bring him into the fold, and that's not easily doable if his whole reason for living revolves around hating our guts. Odds are good, something or someone important to him was taken from him by the Tenno back in the rebellion, and that's where that deep seated hate is coming from. It wouldn't just be about soothing some old pain someone else inflicted. It would be about attaining forgiveness for pain we inflicted, and don't remember.
I just don't see that happening.

Actually acquiring stalker puts too many holes in the plot and game-play elsewhere in the game, and it would be a stretch for us to be able to tame him.

It's probably just the stalker's landing craft / landing craft skin. (did they say for sure whether it was a skin or a whole landing craft?)

----------
That said, a playable stalker would have to be another sentient frame, like Umbra, and they would probably have to squeeze in a few other quirks. As jade's opposite, I wonder if he should also have two aura slots? Also, doesn't the one from our timeline (as opposed to the duviri version) have more than 4 abilities? Maybe that's just special synergy with his weapons? Also, the duviri version has higher energy regen than he should, given his mods. What's up with that? some kind of Aura enhancer perk, or does he have a natural energy regen? So many questions, and it starts feeling like having him would actually box him into being a certain way, whereas right now he can remain a bit of a mystery.

Not really. We currently don't know if stalker even is a sentient frame. I think more likely it's a tenno that's permanently transferred themselves into their warframe like Rell did. They're too lucid to be like Umbra. Or something crazy like a non-tenno that can use transference. If my understanding of the lore is correct transference is not necessarily exclusive to the tenno. Hopefully, we're about to find out.

Ether way, we can have copies of warframes. If Stalker's consciousness it not inherently tied to the frame itself like umbra's is, they could theoretically just give us the blueprint to make a copy and it wouldn't be "stalker" so much as stalker's frame.

I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen, or that I think it will. But it would require very little effort to do on their part since a playable version of him already exists and wouldn't contradict the lore as much as you'd think it would.

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

Ether way, we can have copies of warframes. If Stalker's consciousness it not inherently tied to the frame itself like umbra's is, they could theoretically just give us the blueprint to make a copy and it wouldn't be "stalker" so much as stalker's frame.

Exactly, we'd be getting the warframe himself and not "sorren" 

4 minutes ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

New Jade Shadows post on FB has an image of Stalker holding a Pennant sword in it......

So does this mean his load out in quest is custom? Because I would assume in the quest, we'd he using Dread, Hate and Dispair....

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/g62dPPCtooeFLaZp/?mibextid=oFDknk

It could also be they just spoiled a reward too (or not), so curb expectations.

That's Excalibur.

37 minutes ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

New Jade Shadows post on FB has an image of Stalker holding a Pennant sword in it......

So does this mean his load out in quest is custom? Because I would assume in the quest, we'd he using Dread, Hate and Dispair....

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/g62dPPCtooeFLaZp/?mibextid=oFDknk

Edit: its Excalibur....damnit 

ISTG i thought it was stalker too before realizing it was excal

2 hours ago, Waeleto said:

ISTG i thought it was stalker too before realizing it was excal

I let out a legit sigh at work....my crew asked me what was wrong 🤣

I didn't have the heart to tell em why.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 1

On 2024-06-07 at 5:45 AM, Jivy said:

Its the "Stalker quest" and DE are heavily implying that we are getting something big

If it isn't stalker you can all laugh at me

You can all laugh at me

Q: We’re getting “full control of the Stalker” with Jade Shadows. What does that entail? Will he be in the Arsenal?

Ford: I wish! The quest is played from the Stalker’s point of view. He’ll still be visiting you in Duviri as a playable character if you have that unlocked. There is an Easter egg in the event that you can discover by playing as Stalker, but he’s not going to be available as a full frame after this quest.

• Like 1

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Jivy:

You can all laugh at me

Q: We’re getting “full control of the Stalker” with Jade Shadows. What does that entail? Will he be in the Arsenal?

Ford: I wish! The quest is played from the Stalker’s point of view. He’ll still be visiting you in Duviri as a playable character if you have that unlocked. There is an Easter egg in the event that you can discover by playing as Stalker, but he’s not going to be available as a full frame after this quest.

"I wish!" There is still hope later down the line!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

"I wish!" There is still hope later down the line!

I lost hope for fully playable stalker in THIS update but not forever, however i'm still hoping for stalker helmet this update

On 2024-06-07 at 3:15 AM, Jivy said:

Its the "Stalker quest" and DE are heavily implying that we are getting something big

If it isn't stalker you can all laugh at me

Ford already said we are not gonna get Stalker, sooo hahahahahaha

• Like 1