Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade "Hot Take" / Appreciation Post

She cool. Now now, I put "hot take" in quotes because the community seems to be split 50/50. I enjoy her gameplay, as it's so interactive and "support" themed, which is what I like to play. I also love her design being centered around angels and "motherhood," like a guardian angel. Sue me, she cool.

That is all, that's the post. 

Edited by Aruquae
  • Like 8

• Aruquae changed the title to Jade "Hot Take" / Appreciation Post

Jades gameplay is fun, yes. I very much hesitate to call her a support frame given the majority of her kit is all around damage and killing, not supporting. There's support elements but it's mostly overshadowed with how much power she can dish out honestly.

As for her design, yes, the community is split (for good reasons), and that's fine. You can like her design all you want, just don't downplay others if they are very very uncomfortable with it. That's all.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Jades gameplay is fun, yes. I very much hesitate to call her a support frame given the majority of her kit is all around damage and killing, not supporting. There's support elements but it's mostly overshadowed with how much power she can dish out honestly.

As for her design, yes, the community is split (for good reasons), and that's fine. You can like her design all you want, just don't downplay others if they are very very uncomfortable with it. That's all.

it honestly makes me uncomfortable that people are uncomfortable with it, and I'm not joking. The implications about issues with pregnancy are troubling to me. Also, they never downplayed anything so why would you need to reiterate that?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

I very much hesitate to call her a support frame given the majority of her kit is all around damage and killing, not supporting.

Yea, that's why I put it in quotes. She's a support in theory, but in action come off more as a cool hybrid. 

4 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

You can like her design all you want, just don't downplay others if they are very very uncomfortable with it. That's all.

Agreed, no downplay needs to happen here.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

it honestly makes me uncomfortable that people are uncomfortable with it, and I'm not joking. The implications about issues with pregnancy are troubling to me. Also, they never downplayed anything so why would you need to reiterate that?

Some people find normal functions awkward, it's not too different from phobias. It can be considered... Irrational. I saw a good example of it in another post. They knew that it's fine, but it still feels weird for them. While I don't understand that, oh well. As for the downplaying, I interpreted that as other people.

• Like 1

Now moving on to more appreciation, cause I forgot about that... I enjoy staring at my allies when they get knocked. Make them feel bad. I slowly walk up to them, activate the third, then stare. They are being revived through the power of "Are you kidding me?" I find that funnier than it should be...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Now moving on to more appreciation, cause I forgot about that... I enjoy staring at my allies when they get knocked. Make them feel bad. I slowly walk up to them, activate the third, then stare. They are being revived through the power of "Are you kidding me?" I find that funnier than it should be...

The only issue I have with the 3 is 1. it doesn't synergize with Vazarin, which is a wasted opportunity to me, and 2. with the new eximuses, I tend to get my butt kicked by lasers while trying to imperiously revive allies.

12 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I've seen your comments before, and it echoes the others I've seen that clearly lack empathy towards pregnant woman.

Pregnancy is an extremely personal and protective thing, and is very easy to leave everlasting scars for the mother should anything go wrong. Scars that break the woman for life.
Not only that, why would people in general be comfortable taking over the body of a pregnant woman, to then force her into a warzone to fight? They wouldn't.
There's an inherit human reaction to protect a woman who's expecting, and the same feelings are carrying across. Even though I don't really like kids, and as someone who's disabled, I'd rather go to war myself should it come down to a choice of me, or a pregnant woman, simply for that reason.

As for the downplaying part, the post can very easily spiral that way, which is why I pointed it out. The OP has even agreed with me. I don't think I'm the one here who's taking the post badly at all.

I also stated how her gameplay is fun to. You missed that.
She's a good frame, not really supporty, but a fun one to play. She's basically everything Zephyr, Titania and Hildryn wanted to be.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The only issue I have with the 3 is 1. it doesn't synergize with Vazarin, which is a wasted opportunity to me, and 2. with the new eximuses, I tend to get my butt kicked by lasers while trying to imperiously revive allies.

I noticed that too. I can see the immediate revive being a bit... busted, but they could've kept the faster revive that vazarin provides. 

I've seen your comments before, and it echoes the others I've seen that clearly lack empathy towards pregnant woman.

Pregnancy is an extremely personal and protective thing, and is very easy to leave everlasting scars for the mother should anything go wrong. Scars that break the woman for life.
Not only that, why would people in general be comfortable taking over the body of a pregnant woman, to then force her into a warzone to fight? They wouldn't.
There's an inherit human reaction to protect a woman who's expecting, and the same feelings are carrying across. Even though I don't really like kids, and as someone who's disabled, I'd rather go to war myself should it come down to a choice of me, or a pregnant woman, simply for that reason.

As for the downplaying part, the post can very easily spiral that way, which is why I pointed it out. The OP has even agreed with me. I don't think I'm the one here who's taking the post badly at all.

I also stated how her gameplay is fun to. You missed that.
She's a good frame, not really supporty, but a fun one to play. She's basically everything Zephyr, Titania and Hildryn wanted to be.

Cute. I assume you are a man based on how you post about pregnancy. Well, I am actually a woman, you know, the people capable of getting pregnant. I don't need pregnancy mansplained to me, if it's all right by you.

Pregnancy is a natural part of life and you write about it like it inevitably scars any woman who undergoes it. It can be very beautiful. Also dirty and icky as anything natural is.

DE, and I, can not wrestle with every personal trauma people might have over childbirth or anything else for whatever reason. The topic of death in childbirth is a serious one, but not every quest is going to be happy and jovial. Sometimes serious topics are covered, and there was a clear warning before the quest, which spoiled the contents for a lot of us, to be honest. But I would be fine if they let us toggle off content warnings, as I think a CW about serious stuff is a fair request. I also think an alternate model for people who don't want to play pregnant warframes is okay.

The idea of some sort of angelic battle maiden wading into combat while heavily pregnant (though I seriously doubt there's a fetus in there) is pretty badass imo. Women can be depicted as powerful and dangerous, as well as vulnerable and fragile, even while pregnant.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Yes, the downplaying certainly wouldn't happen, at least not by me. She reminds me of a Tawaret I think? Egyptian goddess of Childbirth. And no... Please don't bring up Moonknight. I also like the wings being used not just as a gown, but you know... actual wings... Too many games have wings that don't act like wings.

7 minutes ago, latetier said:

maybe you should check OP's post history then.

How the heck did my search history get involved in this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Cute. I assume you are a man based on how you post about pregnancy. Well, I am actually a woman, you know, the people capable of getting pregnant. I don't need pregnancy mansplained to me, if it's all right by you.

Pregnancy is a natural part of life and you write about it like it inevitably scars any woman who undergoes it. It can be very beautiful. Also dirty and icky as anything natural is.

DE, and I, can not wrestle with every personal trauma people might have over childbirth or anything else for whatever reason. The topic of death in childbirth is a serious one, but not every quest is going to be happy and jovial. Sometimes serious topics are covered, and there was a clear warning before the quest, which spoiled the contents for a lot of us, to be honest. But I would be fine if they let us toggle off content warnings, as I think a CW about serious stuff is a fair request. I also think an alternate model for people who don't want to play pregnant warframes is okay.

The idea of some sort of angelic battle maiden wading into combat while heavily pregnant (though I seriously doubt there's a fetus in there) is pretty badass imo. Women can be depicted as powerful and dangerous, as well as vulnerable and fragile, even while pregnant.

Now I'm confused why you guys are arguing, you seem to be like minded in most senses but two. And I'm also wondering if you just made a Sparta reference with the last paragraph.

13 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Yes, the downplaying certainly wouldn't happen, at least not by me. She reminds me of a Tawaret I think? Egyptian goddess of Childbirth. And no... Please don't bring up Moonknight. I also like the wings being used not just as a gown, but you know... actual wings... Too many games have wings that don't act like wings.

Tbf I've not seen Moonknight so no worries there! XD

I respect that man. Everyone is allowed to like or dislike Jades design, and good to hear you're gonna appreciate others feelings on the matter here (see what I did there AHAHA!)

I agree with Jades gameplay being fun, it's good, a bit powerful, though I feel part of that is due to the crazy enemy resistance changes making everything be made out of wet paper now (literally ran a levelcap yesterday [I sadly crashed at level 7.2k], and Jade had no issues breaking just decimating enemies through health, shields and armour with abilities alone, even without Ophanim Eye).

I honestly, would like if her kit was tweaked more towards actually playing supportively vs how it is where it's very heavily geared towards the offensive.

• Like 1

Tbf I've not seen Moonknight so no worries there! XD

Nice, I recommend it. Be warned thought it's dark.

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

I respect that man. Everyone is allowed to like or dislike Jades design, and good to hear you're gonna appreciate others feelings on the matter here (see what I did there AHAHA!)

Oddly fits, this is an appreciation post after all. I'll give you that one. Clever

6 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

I agree with Jades gameplay being fun, it's good, a bit powerful, though I feel part of that is due to the crazy enemy resistance changes making everything be made out of wet paper now (literally ran a levelcap yesterday [I sadly crashed at level 7.2k], and Jade had no issues breaking just decimating enemies through health, shields and armour with abilities alone, even without Ophanim Eye).

Huh, so it wasn't just me. Well then, I think the crashing might have something to do with performance. Specifically what happens to performance after a single blast proc. Ever since the rework, blast eximi have been scary because crashes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Now I'm confused why you guys are arguing, you seem to be like minded in most senses but two. And I'm also wondering if you just made a Sparta reference with the last paragraph.

rofl not specifically a Sparta reference. There are instances of women going into battle pregnant throughout history. Without birth control you were pregnant when it happened, and that doesn't stop war from coming to your doorstep.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

so it wasn't just me. Well then, I think the crashing might have something to do with performance. Specifically what happens to performance after a single blast proc. Ever since the rework, blast eximi have been scary because crashes.

Nah, the crash was because my internet blipped for a brief second. Literally just less than a second and that was all she wrote. Game completely failed and never recovered. All the arcanes, lost :(

There have been performance issues as host with Ascension, though that seems to be relatively gone now they've changed the spawning cap for enemies.

• Like 1

Hot take: I was expecting to feel uncomfortable, but the quest grew on me

Cold take: Ascension is so boring that it might be quite a while before I can bother to finish farming for Jade

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

honestly I'm fine with how she looks. she's covered a lot of the time anyway and a warframe should be judged by it's kit and how fun it is to play rather than it's appearance. Lavos is hella fugly IMO, but I still love his powers. Jade will eventually get a deluxe/prime skin and I reckon it'll look pretty great.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

honestly I'm fine with how she looks. she's covered a lot of the time anyway and a warframe should be judged by it's kit and how fun it is to play rather than it's appearance. Lavos is hella fugly IMO, but I still love his powers. Jade will eventually get a deluxe/prime skin and I reckon it'll look pretty great.

Not sure about Lavos looking ugly anymore, that plague doctor skin looks amazing.

• Like 2

I think her design before the reveal was cool and I didn't think her appearing pregnant would be controversial at all but kudos to DE for pushing gamers into unknown territory. I'm excited to unlock and play her.

And I noticed something in the community and it might not be connected at all and I'm grasping at straws. But why are people uncomfortable about Jade being playable in missions and getting shot at while appearing pregnant, but I'm not seeing a single person uncomfortable with playing as Stalker while getting shot at and holding an actual baby?? Just seems weird since you can see an actual baby getting shot at and no one cared about that, but the character that appears pregnant and getting shot at is too far.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

And I noticed something in the community and it might not be connected at all and I'm grasping at straws. But why are people uncomfortable about Jade being playable in missions and getting shot at while appearing pregnant, but I'm not seeing a single person uncomfortable with playing as Stalker while getting shot at and holding an actual baby?? Just seems weird since you can see an actual baby getting shot at and no one cared about that, but the character that appears pregnant and getting shot at is too far.

Who knows, maybe as scarred space children, seeing this is simply a fact of life. I do like how DE is taking these steps though. Bold, daring, and amazing

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Personally I am a little bit sad, that DE decided that revive is the part that does not get to be helminthed.

As for the rest of the frame, didn't got her yet, mechanically looks like she's going to be a ton of fun, but the aesthetical aspect of her is off for my personal tastes, and if there is anything I've got from protea, is that I am recently having hard time sticking to a frame that I have issues with visually.

7 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

I very much hesitate to call her a support frame given the majority of her kit is all around damage and killing, not supporting.

Her kit is based around buffs and debuffs. Pretty much her only source of damage comes from converting debuffs into damage

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

it honestly makes me uncomfortable that people are uncomfortable with it, and I'm not joking. The implications about issues with pregnancy are troubling to me.

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure it's not like those people guys are getting an opportunity to make any woman pregnant anytime soon.  Definitely a reason why they're whining about Jade on the forums.

I don't mind Jade.  Sure, she's not without some issues (especially with trying to do fashionframe around those wings of hers), but she's a great frame overall that sadly reinforces a point made by L1fewater after the AotZ release that the worst part about the game is unfortunately the playerbase.  Hopefully other aerial frames like Hildryn and Zephyr can get the archwing motion treatment that Jade got (especially Hildryn, who probably needs more than that).

• Like 2

I think her design is great honestly, but the few complaints about it i've been seeing really have been absurd.

Like, while I do believe there are some complaints coming from people with a genuine phobia (and I can empathize with those folks, since I imagine its like how Citrine and Qorvex trigger some form of Trypophobia for me), the rest really just come across as shallow, like a good number of the complaints people who were miffed about Yareli pandea not being more "magical girl" themed had.

• Like 3