Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elementalist mods - a good option for status builds

21 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Yes, but every build that uses it would put only one D on and anchor it down with Aptitude. Now with more D options you have  incentive to add more Ds. Or, to adjust other Ds used for stuff like primed cyro rounds or a more niche mod like spring loaded blade so it also opens up the options for more loadout flexibility to use with existing D mods.

9 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I don't have my exact numbers on hand but it worked out following the usual math. However, floating point precision and rounding get #*!%y almost immediately. When hitting an enemy with neutral resistances/weaknesses (like an Ancient) I was dealing ~45k damage twice as the regular hit and then the procs collapse into an orange damage instance for ~370k.

1440 base damage * 3.85 damage mods * 4.1 crit damage * 2 combo = 45,460 which is my 45k.

45,460 * 0.35 slash proc * 6 ticks * 2 times more ticks * 1.9 more damage =  362,777 which is my ~370k.

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: I lied, grabbed some screenshots:

h3kqynP.png

This is with Duplicate.

With Harmony's second passive on-kill effect for 30% more Status Duration it's a little different:

45,460 * 0.35 slash proc * 6 ticks * 2.333 times more ticks * 1.9 more damage =  423,231. I was taking my time so I didn't see this one in testing very often as the buff expired.

I'd have to check but I don't think Duplicate duplicates the heavy attack's forced proc. Doesn't seem like it does unless I'm missing a 2 somewhere. But Harmony can deal Slash procs normally, so it and the duplicate attack can trigger a Slash proc on their own. When it collapses the proc it looks like it always goes together as one single damage instance, which is always orange. I would guess that for Slash procs this is also True damage.

Some of the weirdness I was finding was that Harmony can also hit weakpoints, especially on enemies who have been knocked down. And when it does, all sorts of goofy headshot and headcrit math gets involved and it deals 23M damage on my setup.

When fighting groups there's also the follow-through to account for.

But I'm gonna go try using the knockdown Arcane instead of Duplicate real quick.

Edit: oh, haha. That's goofy. Weakpoint crit on an Ancient using Afflictions:

Hide contents

n2HYNNz.png

I would not be surprised if this interaction were adjusted.

Hey thanks for the reference tests , appreciate it.

Seems like harmony is bonkers if built with the new tools.

I will need to take a look at the stances of some of my weapons and find ones with forced knockdown And slash together :D

I am loving the choices available so far. 

46 minutes ago, quxier said:

Why not just Killling blow?

Does it even work? I've tried in simulacrum (paused & unpaused) and simple Mot. 0 effects.

Except where they are just buff (e.g. reload speed + elemental damage) I find them meh. I'm not sure where I would use them instead of general, all damage & stuff mods.

Like wind up mods that gives you elemental damage. Killing blow exist so you have 120% damage on all attacks.

It honestly depends when alternatives are available. .e.g Killing blow is available on earth vs Uranus.

Well , yes ,but killing blow is additive to pressure point and CO , elementalists are their own multiplier but only work on DoT effects. So they both have their place depending on your setup (it will take time and experience to work out which is better where)

Rarity of mods and time of acquisition is it's own little issue , but I do feel any multipliers type mods should be made available to players after they have a handle on base damage. So Uranus is a reasonable place (old CO was also a Uranus drop) 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Well , yes ,but killing blow is additive to pressure point and CO , elementalists are their own multiplier but only work on DoT effects. So they both have their place depending on your setup (it will take time and experience to work out which is better where)

Oh, they are different. I thought they were the same. Wording is bad imho. Thanks for explanation. I'm going to test it some day (or wait for someone to do it).

13 hours ago, quxier said:

Why not just Killling blow?

I have it in there, but since it's additive to PPP it's probably the mod that would be replaced by a Riven.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

Does it even work? I've tried in simulacrum (paused & unpaused) and simple Mot. 0 effects.

It definitely works for Harmony.

Though there are some caveats:

• Some enemies are knockdown immune. No knockdown, no procs.
    • But these kinds of enemies tend to be bosses or higher value enemies like demos, which tend to have things like attenuation or reduced procs anyways. So maybe a silly Slash-proc-based weapon shouldn't be your primary choice.
  • I've noticed that some enemies don't get knocked down if they're playing an animation.
  • Enemies that are knocked down are already knocked down, so no more procs until they stand up.
    • But enemies that are knocked down are also at the perfect height for getting a melee headcrit which is what makes the silly 9-digit numbers I posted earlier.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:
15 hours ago, quxier said:

Yes. Maybe you forgot to equip the Arcane?

58 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:
15 hours ago, quxier said:

It definitely works for Harmony.

Though there are some caveats:

• Some enemies are knockdown immune. No knockdown, no procs.
    • But these kinds of enemies tend to be bosses or higher value enemies like demos, which tend to have things like attenuation or reduced procs anyways. So maybe a silly Slash-proc-based weapon shouldn't be your primary choice.
  • I've noticed that some enemies don't get knocked down if they're playing an animation.
  • Enemies that are knocked down are already knocked down, so no more procs until they stand up.
    • But enemies that are knocked down are also at the perfect height for getting a melee headcrit which is what makes the silly 9-digit numbers I posted earlier.

Thanks for answers

Ok, I've tested it. I had it at +3 additional procs. My mistake was that I've been trying to knockdown enemies using kicks (slide n the air). I've tested it with heavy slams and it seems to work. Nothing great, but works. Well, that's it for this topic, end of spam (sorry op).

Edited by quxier

By the way, Melee Afflictions works on all procs the target has, regardless of source. Getting a melee that has a lot of knockdowns in it's combo can deal crazy damage with no mods if you proc slash with a sniper or something beforehand. Though Electricity, Heat, and Cold tend to block it from working (can't knockdown the enemy during the animation).

On 2024-06-22 at 11:08 AM, Voltage said:

I'm still waiting for Stat Sticks to die and we just mod ability weapons with access to all the mods like we should.

Only if they actually bake the flat+ 30% crit rate into atlas landslide, at least, if not a rework to him. Cause he is extremely, extremely reliant on the incarnon stat sticks to be decent.

Also, Inaros nuke setup relies on the ability to swap between a 75/25 slash viral setup to a 100% pure toxin setup. I feel if they remove stat sticks they'll get creative and add innate elements to his 2 or something else that'll make the build a lot worse.

Baruuk and Khora will probably be fine cause it's hard to ruin those two by removing the stat stick and adding modding. But Inaros and Atlas are far more reliant on specific weapon attributes, that might not get handled with the care that they actually need.