The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Candidate not spawning

unmutual

Question

I do everything as described in the wiki.  Solo Pluto::Hydra. Kill Capture target. Use Zenith Crown to enter Granum Void. Kill 75+ Specters. Leave. Kill Treasurer. Wait... wait... wait... wait... leave :( 

8 times so far.

what am i doing wrong?

10 answers to this question

Assuming you have Deadlock Protocol quest done (you would not be able to enter the Granum Void) you have to also check if you don't have sister or lich already active. Only one adversary can be active at a time.

To @unmutual

From wikia :

1. After the completion of The War Within and Call of the Tempestarii quests, as well as obtaining Mastery Rank 5,
  2. the player may encounter a Candidate after completing the Granum Void in any Corpus Ship tileset while qualifying for Rank 1 rewards of Nightmare Difficulty using  Zenith Granum Crown -The most shiny one-. This can be done before or after completing the mission's main objective.
  3. As a Kuva Lich and a Sister of Parvos can't be active at the same time the candidates wont spawn if there's an active lich or sister.

Rank 1: 25 Kills (+25 per additional squad member, 150 max)

So you have no Lich nor Sister active in starchart NOR in Railjack, used the good shiny Crown, not failing granum void, the rest IS RNG...

If all is OK, then retry 😇

To @(PSN)Magician_NG : You're half good right, the spawn was the problem with capture.

Tried Hydron (capture) : Capture then Granum Void then almost "no spawn for 8 tiles"...

Tried Acheron (exterminate) : Minimum kills > Granum Void > Spawn of Treasurer+Candidate as soon I return. Reject the candidate.

Tried Acheron (exterminate) : Minimum kills > Granum Void > Spawn of Treasurer+Candidate as soon I return. Vaporize the candidate by mistake.

Tried Acheron (exterminate) : Minimum kills > Granum Void + Jaded Stalker 😱 > Spawn of Treasurer+Candidate as soon I return. Accept the candidate...

EDIT : The exterminate act like tamper buffer to ensure you'll have enough spawns when you return from Granum void.
(Granum specters do not count toward the exterminate target)

to @unmutual : So try Acheron (exterminate) kill less then 1/4 mobs > Go to Granum Void ASAP > Spawn of Treasurer+Candidate at your return...

Edited by RLanzinger
forgot somes, not good english (i'm french ^^)

i run to the capture target and usually i see a golden hand so i put a waypoint there. kill target, go back and do it. and i wait after coming back from granum void. i may have done the 200m thing once, but not 8 times.

55 minutes ago, unmutual said:

i run to the capture target and usually i see a golden hand so i put a waypoint there. kill target, go back and do it. and i wait after coming back from granum void. i may have done the 200m thing once, but not 8 times.

Don't do a capture. Do a mission where there's no timer to worry about except the one in the void. "But capture is the quickest". Yeah, well that's not working out for you. I do exterminate and then I can kill stuff along the way until I find a golden hand and then continue after I'm back out. If you're set up well enough to get what needs to be done in the void, you should also be able to quickly dispatch enemies in the regular mission. Clearly you've wasted enough time on captures where you didn't get a candidate that if you ran something else and spent an extra 30 seconds in the mission and got your candidate, you'd be better off.

Its hard to say exactly without knowing all the other potential variables. Assuming you don't already have a Lich for example (you probably don't, but some people in the past have tried to get Sisters thinking Kuva Liches were separate). 

I personally do Pluto Hydra, and out of roughly 100 attempts, have only had issues around 3 or so times. In one case, I couldn't find a Golden Hand and the other two times, I did, but seemed too close to Extraction. 

I always use the Golden Hand as soon as I find it, which usually means before encountering the Capture target. I then proceed towards Capture and then Exit and a;most always spawns. If I happen to find Capture target first, depending on how far away the Exit/Extraction is... basically I try to avoid Golden Hands that are too close to Extraction. If I have no choice because there aren't any Golden Hands but those near Extraction, I just then assume it won't work and go to exit anyway. 

If you keep having bad luck/no results, you could possibly record a run too. Might be something we haven't considered or overlooked. Hope you find good luck though on your next runs.