Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day Trader just feels impossible

SupremeMachine_V1

Question

Seriously, how am I supposed to do this nightwave task? The enemies keep teleporting or spawning to/at the area they deposit at, and I don’t have any warframes that can reliably prevent this. It doesn’t help that when I try to do it in public lobbies nobody deposits points and just lets them orbit the entire time, thus failing the entire wager.

I just don’t understand how I’m supposed to beat three wagers in a row without letting enemies score a single time, it genuinely impossible to do this.

17 answers to this question

You got 2 options:

1: get a premade squad of people wanting to do the same thing(though the challenge was from last week so it might be a bit difficult to find one)

2: don’t do if you don’t want to. There’s new challenges each day and night wave runs for several weeks at a time. You don’t need to complete every single one in on go.

This task is super hard solo. Obviously, the lower wager the easier, and you need an appropriate frame. I've done it with Khora by repeatedly running back to my goal and dropping a strangledome, and it only worked with the index location that you reliably get if you start from the Dojo Navigation -- the one that looks like it's outside on Venus.  I couldn't manage to do it on the other map.

But, if you just find one person who is interested in doing the task with you, that's sufficient.  One person plays a CC frame (again, like Khora) and puppy guards your goal, and the other person runs around and does the Index. Don't need a pub match or a full team.  But this option is super boring for the person playing goalie, and the last couple of NW seasons I've just been skipping this task.  There are plenty of other 7k point tasks to do. 

At this point in this NW season, I've already completed the ranks with different rewards and I'm now only getting NW creds, so the ranks isn't really getting me anything new.  Still waiting for some mods to come around for sale.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb SupremeMachine_V1:

Seriously, how am I supposed to do this nightwave task? The enemies keep teleporting or spawning to/at the area they deposit at, and I don’t have any warframes that can reliably prevent this. It doesn’t help that when I try to do it in public lobbies nobody deposits points and just lets them orbit the entire time, thus failing the entire wager.

I just don’t understand how I’m supposed to beat three wagers in a row without letting enemies score a single time, it genuinely impossible to do this.

only solo with suitable warframe and build. unfortunately it is completely unfair to new players. absolutely embarrassing and ridiculous achievement

On 2024-07-16 at 9:26 PM, SupremeMachine_V1 said:

Limbo or Khora. Maybe Atlas if you can position his walls just right.       Cataclysm+Stasis will prevent any enemy from reaching the goal.   Strangledome will also catch enemies before they can reach the goal,   but the Bursa can get though the strangledome.   Atlas's bullwarks can block enemies from scoring if they're positioned correctly at the goal. 

Edited by hyzmarca

For goalkeeping I usually use Limbo. I've also seen Protea work since her fan grenades stagger enemies as they go through.

Some folks are saying to ignore it, and they're right in that you don't absolutely need it to reach 30, but I personally get annoyed if a challenge takes up a spot that a doable challenge could take. If you still have it and want to get it out of the way, let me know and I can try helping you out with it. :)

Khora and Cerata, don't use Limbo as Catalyst slowly shrinks. Just throw a dome and nuke everything with glaive heavy explosions, it's easy but a bit of  chore like most of NW.

Limbo has worked well for me even with randos.  Stay put by the goal, casting Cataclysm & Stasis and let the other 3 players score the points.

"Overextended" is your centerpiece mod followed by anything else range and duration oriented. Keep an eye on the game timer. And remind your team to score when when the clock runs low.

Typically the best time to do this NW task is when Barro Ki'ter is on a relay. Players will often credit farm. (The more experienced players.) With a credit booster.

9 hours ago, L3512 said:

Khora and Cerata, don't use Limbo as Catalyst slowly shrinks. Just throw a dome and nuke everything with glaive heavy explosions, it's easy but a bit of  chore like most of NW.

Cataclysm does shrink over time, that is true. Increasing duration will decrease the rate at which it shrinks though! Alternatively (and people have mentioned this earlier I think), you can amp up the range to make a big bubble that worries less about the collapse time.

I prefer to keep the bubble small-ish with a focus on duration so allies don't have to think about enemies in the rift, unless they're closer to the goal, to which then I'll deal with them myself.

On 2024-07-16 at 8:26 PM, SupremeMachine_V1 said:

This is a hateful and unenjoyable challenge that wasn't softened when DE did a few passes on NW challenges.  It has been this terrible from the jump.

As others have said, skipping it is a great option.  Recruit chat helps as well.  This is also Limbo's only remaining area of true relevance.  No one can block the goal like he can.  Get a decent mid range build with faster casting speed and high duration, and find a decent Revenant or Rhino to handle the scoring.  My ideal team for this would be a Revenant who kills the enemies and carries the points, a Limbo who knows what they're doing to cover your own goal, a Mesa to help clear out enemies near your goal (her 4 doesn't care about the rift), and then a free spot for whoever else randomly joins.

Again, this one is terrible.  It's highest on my skip list, followed by the various thumper challenges (where the real challenge is just getting them to spawn in the first place), and void armageddon.  Shudder.

5 hours ago, MobiusKnight said:

Cataclysm does shrink over time, that is true. Increasing duration will decrease the rate at which it shrinks though! Alternatively (and people have mentioned this earlier I think), you can amp up the range to make a big bubble that worries less about the collapse time.

I prefer to keep the bubble small-ish with a focus on duration so allies don't have to think about enemies in the rift, unless they're closer to the goal, to which then I'll deal with them myself.

I just go solo with Khora, less to worry about, better up time on a large dome, better energy economy and if there were other people than they would not be inconvenienced by running Limbo.

Solo Limbo is a pain while Khora can just cc and kill everything.

Edited by L3512

khora was unfortunately a bad choice because a few years ago there were too many bugs where in the last round enemies could almost always score "INTENTIONALLY" (???). As if they were invisible and even teleported....

the safest way was always limbo. Even if it takes longer. But then you need hard hit weapons because I have to be able to kill enemies quickly. Which is not the case for beginners.

I kind or read somewhere enemies in Index pop at the host location. Hence why they may pop exclusively around you if you go solo.

Anyway, I never had any trouble completing this challenge in MM as long as I got Limbo/Zenurik spamming 2&4 while keeping an eye on energy and timer.

So I don't mind this NWC.

On 2024-07-17 at 4:36 AM, Zahnrad said:

I know at one point it was possible to Solo it using a max range Limbo, not sure if it still is.

Max range LImbo is bad idea. You only need as much range to cover the point. Anythiing outside that will hinder yourself and you team.

Khora, Frost, Limbo (with proper range) all work. Hell evven Protea does. I just find the defendiing boring and relying on my team to get points quite slow, so I just queue Bronze on a carry (my Carry is Titania) and get 99% points/kiills for my team.

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-07-17 at 4:36 AM, Zahnrad said:

I know at one point it was possible to Solo it using a max range Limbo, not sure if it still is.

Max or close to max duration Limbo, though a bit of extra range does help.

You need to know how to play Limbo, since one mistake can easily result in a "fail". The basic strategy is to lock down your "goal" and use the Rift when running and depositing collected tokens yourself (the enemies can't hurt you). You cannot risk going down, you can't run out of energy and you have to handle the few seconds of vulnerability when you recast Cataclysm/Stasis (both of which need to be up through-out the three matches).

I'd recommend re-charging weapons, and Magus Lockdown (helps you out of tight spots when needing to recast Cataclysm/Stasis).

If you don't know Limbo, don't try. You really will need to use the Rift all the time, including rifting while outside Cataclysm (and dropping enemies in stasis from afar) and even "going operator" while inside the Cataclysm (which allows you to kill non-rifted enemies). On the other hand, if you do know Limbo and put together a comfortable setup for you to play, all you actually need to do is to focus from start to finish (no slip-ups allowed 🙂). As long as you keep Cataclysm and Stasis up (covering the goal), the enemies can't score, while you can. It is as simple as that, though in practice it isn't quite as simple as it sounds...

Edited by Graavarg