The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the future of warframe more theme park updates like 1999?

Kaiga

36 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Yeah wonder why DE did that. Wonder why DE quietly stopped supporting Kahl, same way they quietly stopped supporting Railjack. Circuit is still seeing content added. There's been new Void Fissures added. Steel Path Bounties added. DE supports these because people play them. They quietly abandon things that do not get played.

Funny how I just recently saw a thread complaining about timegating in Warframe.

But everything you've mentioned here is stuff that have some form of timegating and incentive.

Besides Void Storms and Anomalies, Railjack don't really have any timegating.

Void Fissure missions in general are a form of timegating, both the specific missions that can be played, but also the Prime rotation and unvaulting.

Bounties again, timegated. The missions rotate. I feel like I've run countless Narmer bounties and I still need more Narmer Isoplasts even after getting all the blueprints, and fully building two Calibans.

Circuit, weekly rotation.

Kahl is also timegated, but they removed the Archon Shard from Chipper's shop. Don't get me wrong, Kahl's missions got stale after several replays but the Archon shard was the only endless replayability it had.

People stop playing things when there's no longer a carrot on the end of a stick for them to chase.

Edited by Zahnrad

2 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

If a single reward was the only reason people played something, then the content wasn't good.

Exploiter Orb and Ropalolyst are my favourite bosses in the game, but I'm not going to run them if I have nothing to farm.

• Like 1

Just now, Zahnrad said:

Exploiter Orb and Ropalolyst are my favourite bosses in the game, but I'm not going to run them if I have nothing to farm.

To each their own, but every time I return to this game, I play some Steel Path Mot. No rewards, just because I like it. WTB more content like that.

16 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

If a single reward was the only reason people played something, then the content wasn't good.

That is literally why the majority of players play anything. Hek if Steel Essence wasn't the best way to prep Relics for a PA drop and the best way to farm Kuva most players likely wouldn't bother since the only reward left is Acolyte Arcanes for Vosfor.

You can be satisfied by rewardless content all you want but that's not how the majority of players engage with the game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trst said:

You can be satisfied by rewardless content all you want but that's not how the majority of players engage with the game.

Steel Path was originally added as rewardless content. Moment-to-moment fun still matters to someone out there.

• Like 2

2小时前 , trst 说:

And yet people keep doing level cap cascade and disruption and circuit fully aware that there is nothing new waiting for them at the end of the tunnel.

Crazy right? What are these people?

• Like 4

According to an interview Rebb and Megan gave here:

https://wccftech.com/warframe-tennocon-2024-q-we-have-our-ideas-to-bring-them-back/

1999 is NOT going to be a theme park. Seems like Arthur is just going to be playable for the intro mission and after that we'll be playing our regular warframes. Or at least some of them? Anyhow, seems like 1999 is looking more like an off-world alternate zone to play in with the proto-frame syndicate to progress through. Interesting interview, worth a read.

On 2024-07-23 at 12:22 AM, Kaiga said:

So 1999 is going to be another update to leave the star chart from, and go ride something that has little to no interaction with where 80% of the game is played.

Another tab like duviri. 

Another tab like railjack. 

So now this is tab #3 on our nav menu, that takes you away from the sol system. 

Why so little love for the core warframe experience? Why try to totally reinvent the warframe experience every update (and then abandon it, like railjack/duviri), instead of just, I dunno, tell more stories with all the interesting and memorable characters we already have in the sol system?

Because at the end of the day, every player through the eyes of DE's parent company, is a glorified beta tester in addition to being a whale of course.

I really don't get this one.

Personally I see Railjack as having amazing potential as a Warframe Combat™ delivery platform, but given its current state and the inherent "unoptimal" aspect of a loading screen being replaced with something that takes longer, I completely understand where the hate comes from.

Duviri is also a thing I like (with a bunch of asterisks), but I don't blame anyone for not enjoying Circuit for the way it memes on game balance or the unique pacing of Lone Story missions.

But ffs... all signs point to 1999 being a pure Warframe update. Sure, the first mission or two will take us out of our Warframe and put us in Arthur's shoes. But Arthur is still a Warframe. Combat will be a bit slower because he won't be modded how we mod, but it will still be very Warframe. And after that it's been all but explicitly confirmed we'll be playing with our Warframes in 1999.

1999 will be giving us one and a half new enemy factions (Infested seem to just be a reskin), a new tile set, new bosses/mini-bosses, new missions, and a new tile-set. Sure, the setting is a strong departure from what currently exists, but the content itself is as Warframe as it comes. So those comments about wanting some new enemies, a new tile set, new mini-bosses, and some new faction to side with... congratulations, that's what we're getting.

• Like 1