Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please stop doing dog days if you arent going to address any of the problems with it.

Zeclem

Its been years since this event was introduced, and every year we have the same problems with this event. grind is terrible, the weapon we gotta use is terrible, the rewards are terrible. at this point why even keep reusing this event? just throw its rewards in nightwave and scrap it. we have years of feedback that could be implemented that actually made the event fun but we arent getting that either. if anything its actually worse off since we cant solo afk farm it like we used to.

if you want us to play this event, please lower the grind, give us an actual hitscan weapon that works properly and make the rewards worthwhile. this is the only gamemode i've seen where tons of people are afk'ing in the public lobbies because its simply that unengaging. if you do not want us to play this event then just scrap it and use the dev time in events that people actually want to play.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

at this point why even keep reusing this event?

Creating something new requires coding and effort, why do that when you can reuse assets and like 95% of people that play this game gonna be happy because none of them care?
They come play the game for 2 weeks or so then go away and wait for next update. People actually talking about issues are like...3% of the playerbase maybe

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I do not like the event. I do not play it. Try it.

22 minutes ago, BoruBoru said:

Creating something new requires coding and effort, why do that when you can reuse assets and like 95% of people that play this game gonna be happy because none of them care?
They come play the game for 2 weeks or so then go away and wait for next update. People actually talking about issues are like...3% of the playerbase maybe

it's almost like you guys haven't read what i've said.

yes, im also not playing this event. but it does not change the fact that they actually do use devtime on this. every year there is a reskin of old content which still takes time to make. my point is just add the event rewards to nightwave and stop wasting devtime on this event. i rather have them spend that devtime on things that people actually like.

also the claim that people are happy with this event is "because nobody cares" is both untrue and illogical. it is untrue because this is the only event where people actively afk. they clearly do not like it to play it. and it is illogical because by that logic we should not care or leave feedback for anything that isn't a major update, which is quite ridiculous. not to mention the solution im suggesting would make de spend less effort, not more.

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 4

Dog Days was, and will always be, a funny silly summer event simply for fun.

It's never been intended to be for exclusive weapons, gear or anything like that, it's always been just for some fun, and that's all. Scrapping it and lumping the rewards into nightwave just removes a silly piece of content that's intended to be just that, a silly piece of content for some laughs.

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. Not like you're missing out on Arcanes or large quantities of Forma like in Plague Star.

You want a hitscan weapon...? Wot? Why?
Learn how to use a projectile weapon then. 

They also put minimal extra dev time into Dog Days, because it's not necessary. Again, this event is just for fun and laughs, it's not meant to be a serious event at all, so they just do a little bit to it each year.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

the claim that people are happy with this event is "because nobody cares" is both untrue and illogical.

I didn't say nobody cares. What i said instead was that majority doesn't care.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

it does not change the fact that they actually do use devtime on this. every year there is a reskin of old content which still takes time to make.

It doesn't, its literally enable button lol same as venus fractures event and ghoul purge. They didn't add nor changed ANYTHING either. What are you talking about? Where did they spent time? Enabling the event?

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

I quoted thing from what you said so i don't know where the issue is. Other guy just said to not play it what's also pretty true. There's no real reason to do so. There's no useful rewards unlike in jade event which was actually somehow engaging and worth playing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-07-30 at 9:29 PM, Stormandreas said:

Dog Days was, and will always be, a funny silly summer event simply for fun.

It's never been intended to be for exclusive weapons, gear or anything like that, it's always been just for some fun, and that's all. Scrapping it and lumping the rewards into nightwave just removes a silly piece of content that's intended to be just that, a silly piece of content for some laughs.

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. Not like you're missing out on Arcanes or large quantities of Forma like in Plague Star.

You want a hitscan weapon...? Wot? Why?
Learn how to use a projectile weapon then. 

They also put minimal extra dev time into Dog Days, because it's not necessary. Again, this event is just for fun and laughs, it's not meant to be a serious event at all, so they just do a little bit to it each year.

the thing is it's not fun. and they keep wasting devtime, however small it is, on an event that people by and large do not like enough to play. it is a waste, pure and simple. and no, i do not have to "learn" how to use projectile weapons. i do just fine in rest of the game. soaktron is simply bad, and if its supposed to be just a "silly fun event" then why are we given a weapon that has a specific annoyance inducing mechanic that no other weapon has?

also, why is that an excuse? why should we be okay with subpar events that nobody likes? why can't it be actually good and engaging?

On 2024-07-30 at 9:53 PM, BoruBoru said:

I didn't say nobody cares. What i said instead was that majority doesn't care.

and its still irrelevant to my point. how many times do i need to explain it?

it is a waste of devtime, and just because its a small waste does not really change the fact that it is wasted. people caring or not is irrelevant, this is not general discussions.

It doesn't, its literally enable button lol same as venus fractures event and ghoul purge. They didn't add nor changed ANYTHING either. What are you talking about? Where did they spent time? Enabling the event?

many of the glyphs are new and so is the domestic drone, which is a reskin of a drone they made last year specifically for dog days. maybe learn what the topic is about before commenting on it?

edit: also, these were just this year. over the past years they actually did make more real additions to the event (like the water balloons) that did not solve any of the core problems either. whats stopping de thinking they need to add something extra like that again?

I quoted thing from what you said so i don't know where the issue is. Other guy just said to not play it what's also pretty true. There's no real reason to do so. There's no useful rewards unlike in jade event which was actually somehow engaging and worth playing.

the issue is, again, its a waste of developers' time. is it a small waste? yes. is it still a waste? yes.

im not going to bother explaining to you again why it sucks if you are going to keep ignoring what you are being told.

Edited by Zeclem

On 2024-07-30 at 7:03 PM, Zakkhar said:

I like the event, I play it.

Just to give another opinion.

People think they are eligible, entitled or supposed to get all the rewards during one season. Well surprise, if you do the same thing a hundred times it will be boring.

This is a you problem.

• Like 1

Am 30.7.2024 um 18:47 schrieb Zeclem:

Its been years since this event was introduced, and every year we have the same problems with this event. grind is terrible, the weapon we gotta use is terrible, the rewards are terrible. at this point why even keep reusing this event? just throw its rewards in nightwave and scrap it. we have years of feedback that could be implemented that actually made the event fun but we arent getting that either. if anything its actually worse off since we cant solo afk farm it like we used to.

if you want us to play this event, please lower the grind, give us an actual hitscan weapon that works properly and make the rewards worthwhile. this is the only gamemode i've seen where tons of people are afk'ing in the public lobbies because its simply that unengaging. if you do not want us to play this event then just scrap it and use the dev time in events that people actually want to play.

until a hype youtuber (with round eyes and open mouth on preview pic) with sick emotions and XXXk views talks about it, hardly anything will happen.

because in my experience, feedback from the forum is COMPLETELY ignored.

and if we compare usual topic views with the number of accounts created 7 years ago, then we see that it is a number much less than 1%. maybe that is also the reason why the company has not taken the forum seriously for ages.

• Like 2

On 2024-07-30 at 9:47 AM, Zeclem said:

the rewards are terrible.

Then don't play, is easy. I don't mind it, I actually enjoy using the goofy water gun. Then getting like 200 pearls for a 5 minute match and then grind isn't much at all.

• Like 2

I finally got around to it last night and got all 4 alerts done in short order. I bought a couple of new things with the pearls I got, but I still don't have 1 of everything yet and that's ok. I still added on to what I'd gotten in previous years. Maybe I'll play more, maybe I won't, but I've still got nearly a month to do so if I want. There's no need to run it for hours and hours and make it into a job.

On a side note, did they make it easier and I just don't remember from patch notes? I didn't die once while running the missions, where I'd usually fall down a few times in past years.

• Like 1

There are a couple of points to try to separate. The first is the all the technical aspect of Dog Days.  Is it fun to play? Are the mechanics/weapons any good to use? etc. etc. and this is a matter of pure opinion.  Several replies have already addressed this.  Don't like? Don't play.  Nobody is forcing you.  Does it take any "devtime" to roll it out? Maybe a little.  Some new shinies as rewards, etc.. But I'd argue that the amount of effort to return this content is way less than say the effort put into rolling out Jade Shadows (mixed reception there too, whole separate discussion).  But it's post TennoCon and post Jade Shadows, and I'm sure DE would like to take breather, so trotting out Dog Days shows that in spite of it being post a bunch of work and it being summer, DE is still showing up for work and keeping the lights on.

The second aspect is whether DE should roll out old content that some players may not like, and on that point, I think the answer is, "most definitely".  Keep in mind that not all WF players have been here for a decade and have seen annual events come around many times.  I think this may be my second or third time seeing Dog Days come around, and I used to be firmly in the "don't like don't play" camp.  I tried it once in the past and found myself in almost complete agreement with OP, and so never tried again, and was fine with that.  But this year, I saw the new domestik drone and wanted it, so DE got me this year, and I ground out my 200 kills, got my drone and also bought a ball for my beast companions to play with and was done.  This content probably still ranks lowest among content that I enjoy, but I'm glad it came back around even though I'm among the complainers about not liking this content. So on this other point, I think it's objectively to DE's advantage to bring it back around.  Same is true of Ghoul Purge, Thermia Fractures, and whatever that one where the Plains of Eidolon gets the big infected boil. New players and previous naysayers all need a second chance at trying the content and getting the loot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-08-04 at 3:07 AM, Anonymouse7611 said:

There are a couple of points to try to separate. The first is the all the technical aspect of Dog Days.  Is it fun to play? Are the mechanics/weapons any good to use? etc. etc. and this is a matter of pure opinion.  Several replies have already addressed this.  Don't like? Don't play.  Nobody is forcing you.  Does it take any "devtime" to roll it out? Maybe a little.  Some new shinies as rewards, etc.. But I'd argue that the amount of effort to return this content is way less than say the effort put into rolling out Jade Shadows (mixed reception there too, whole separate discussion).  But it's post TennoCon and post Jade Shadows, and I'm sure DE would like to take breather, so trotting out Dog Days shows that in spite of it being post a bunch of work and it being summer, DE is still showing up for work and keeping the lights on.

there are two problems with this take.

1-even a "little" dev time on an event that is so unpopular that people prefer to afk it over actually playing it is still a wasted time that should've been used on things that people actually like. waste is waste, period. its quite disappointing that even something this simple is getting ignored.

2-this event could be much engaging with minimal effort as well. they could at the very least remove the stupid mechanic from the gun, which has been historically unpopular. there are tons of suggestions that would make it significantly better that the players have made over the years. they have all gotten ignored. do you know what did not get ignored? ability to actually afk farm the event.

On 2024-08-04 at 3:07 AM, Anonymouse7611 said:

The second aspect is whether DE should roll out old content that some players may not like, and on that point, I think the answer is, "most definitely".  Keep in mind that not all WF players have been here for a decade and have seen annual events come around many times.  I think this may be my second or third time seeing Dog Days come around, and I used to be firmly in the "don't like don't play" camp.  I tried it once in the past and found myself in almost complete agreement with OP, and so never tried again, and was fine with that.  But this year, I saw the new domestik drone and wanted it, so DE got me this year, and I ground out my 200 kills, got my drone and also bought a ball for my beast companions to play with and was done.  This content probably still ranks lowest among content that I enjoy, but I'm glad it came back around even though I'm among the complainers about not liking this content. So on this other point, I think it's objectively to DE's advantage to bring it back around.  Same is true of Ghoul Purge, Thermia Fractures, and whatever that one where the Plains of Eidolon gets the big infected boil. New players and previous naysayers all need a second chance at trying the content and getting the loot.

this whole paragraph could've been avoided if the forums werent infested with a lack of reading comprehension. 

just throw its rewards in nightwave 

like, i did not write a novel there. it shouldn't be this hard to notice.

also, this is not comparable to those events who either have good rewards (plague star) or actually take zero devtime (both ghoul purge and thermia surge are automated and does not get new rewards each time). not to mention that both these modes just use games own gameplay, which is significantly better than dog days.

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 1

"waste of developer time" - maybe you have metrics I don't, but I have no insight into how much engagement DDoS gets. (DDoS - interesting lol) - but if in fact there was minimal effort, years ago, , my guess is they've more than gotten their moneys worth from the development effort.

"bad rewards" - since players know the rewards, they can assign their individual values and choose to play or not play accordingly.  If the arbitrary "you" thinks the rewards are not worth it, then stop complaining and do something else.

"hitscan squirt guns" - lol just no.  I am terrible at pvp type fast aiming games that require leading targets, reward headshots etc... and I have no issue getting 30+ kills per round every time.  and I am TERRIBLE at this style - think reaction time of a sloth, accuracy of a blind man, and the situational awareness of the average GenZ-face-in-their-phone-crossing-the-street.  Could they use improvement? hell yes. is it unplayable? no.  Should squirt guns be hitscan? absolutely not.

as for "the only game mode ppl afk" - just no.  Have you played circuit? or any duvari? or ESO? or Sorties/archon/netracell/etc on public? Leeches gonna leech.

• Like 4

On 2024-07-30 at 1:47 PM, Zeclem said:

give us an actual hitscan weapon that works properly

The weapon is really the only problem I've seen with the mode.

It needs...

• Constant upkeep with Alt-Fire to make it's shots actually work.
  • Pathetic range as it's affected by gravity.
    • Those shots also get even LESS range unless you're cranking the Alt-Fire constantly.
  • Abysmal projectile speed. To a degree where you have to be within Melee Range for it to hit reliably.
  • Accuracy that makes it a coin toss if your shot will even hit.

The reason I keep knocking down enemies via jump kicks (those are a thing) BEFORE shooting them is because it's the only reliable way.

Eventually we got the "Lob Bomb" water balloon which does decent damage-- but it's mainly nice because of it's AoE.
It actually allows the player to hit for anything worth a damn, that's the only reason it's nice. (Even still, it doesn't outright kill in the T4 version of the mode.)

DE needs to remove accuracy penalty and increase the projectile speed. Two stats that can EASILY be adjusted.

On 2024-07-30 at 1:47 PM, Zeclem said:

this is the only gamemode i've seen where tons of people are afk'ing in the public lobbies because its simply that unengaging.

While I've seen far more where people AFK? (Usually unapologetically)
This is the one mode where I can't BLAME them for doing so. It's so boring even when you DO get manage to use the weapons in some regard.

It doesn't exactly help that keep nerfing every possible strategy to use in it. Ivara's Passive, Gale Kick, Nyx's Passive, etc, etc.
Just everything stops working so you're always sent back to the same stock-standard gun that drives people insane.

Honestly, this problem of making gameplay engaging I feel culminates mostly in Dog Days-- but there's elements of it all over the game as a whole.

On 2024-07-30 at 2:30 PM, Zeclem said:

Welcome to Warframe. Almost all of the playerbase cannot read and will actively burn anyone trying to.
The ones that can read are rare and tend to be bitter people because of it.

Bonus points if they're also bitter because these problems they have carry over to reality too.
Not that I'd have experience on that myself or anything-- that'd imply I'm a humanoid with flesh and can find people who annoy me. Too scary for them.

On 2024-07-30 at 2:03 PM, Zakkhar said:

How insightful! I sure will use this advice on the giant pile of Elephant Crud in the room!
After all, if I don't like it-- I'll just ignore it and my problems go away! What foul stench? There's no foul stench.

... or if I don't like you? Maybe you'll just go away!
But we both know it doesn't work that way. Be productive, not reductive. Add something.

Not playing it also tends to be pointless.
DE will release it anyway because they're either the living Monkey's Paw or the Recycling Depot at any given time.
I'd argue it'd be more effective to make it a volatile problem they can't ignore. After all, investors HATE problems.

It's worked before, ESPECIALLY if you get content creators on it.
Which they will likely cover IF it gets enough traction in the community.
When DE can no longer ignore an issue? It will get fixed.
They know we'll never DO that though because they've handpicked the most complacent whales to play the game.

On 2024-07-30 at 2:08 PM, BoruBoru said:

People actually talking about issues are like...3% of the playerbase maybe

While you're not wrong, it's also the fact that a lot of people treat this game as a "tourist attraction" because DE refuses to add anything engaging.

When you're actively discouraged from using your head in combat and everything you fight is exactly the same for 80% of the game?
Yeah, no duh people are leaving and only coming back when the update sirens go off.

... actually, I'm not even sure WHY people come back.
The story is not worth it, the gameplay is brain-rot-easy (because of the massive """accessibility""" hyperfixation) and the aesthetic of the game keeps going all over the place.
By all accounts, DE could release a single line of dialogue... call it an update and people would likely flood in to play the game.

To put like... 15 minutes into fixing Dog Days BIGGEST hurdle of an issue is not asking miracles.
It's even less of an ask to just give up on the event entirely.

On 2024-07-30 at 3:53 PM, BoruBoru said:

its literally enable button lol same as venus fractures event and ghoul purge.

Hell, those are pretty much automated to happen every 2 weeks pretty sure.
Unlike Dog Days which has to be manually activated every summer. Sometimes with slightly adjusted dates.

Still, I imagine it couldn't kill them to adjust the accuracy of the gun.
There's "recycling content" and than there's "recycling content everybody ACTIVELY hates."

On 2024-08-02 at 5:45 PM, Venus-Venera said:

because in my experience, feedback from the forum is COMPLETELY ignored.

Half the time, I'm only mentioning things with the notion that MAYBE a content creator will pick it up.
I lack the audience to make my own content reach DE and I don't trust Warframe's community to behave enough to grow that audience.

But yeah, it's really sad how none of this gets noticed.
It's almost like DE is lazy, only doing what makes the investors happy-- not the player.

(Which also explains the "Content Archipelago" we keep getting.)

15 hours ago, Zeclem said:

this is not comparable to those events who either have good rewards (plague star)

Honestly, with how repetitive and bug-prone Plague Star? I'd be inclined to make some OTHER kind of event that is more engaging to give Fully-Built Formas.
... or hell, I wouldn't mind some kinda "global Nightwave mission" akin to an invasion. If enough people do this one particular Nightwave task? You get some goody-bag.

Reducing the repetition and encouraging players to diversify is one way to retain players.
Another is making our actions MATTER. Making it so what we do impacts the world we work in.

Seriously, when was the last time player opinion mattered in the story? When was the last time our actions actually had consequences?
Literally every event has been built so it's not even subtle that we WILL win. Hell, Jade didn't even have a "lose" condition in the plot.
There's still Jade Eximus out there. It didn't matter if we won, Parvos basically already hit the "lose" before the event even began.

Dog Days having garbage rewards is the least of our concerns I'd wager. Gameplay has been on a steady decline for a while now.

15 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

and I have no issue getting 30+ kills per round every time.

The issue was more that the gun's usage is "less than okay" at best, "frustratingly obnoxious" at worst.
You can still get kills no problem, there's ways to do it... but when the mode itself is unfun and boring?
There will be people to ask "Hey, let's fix this and more people would be inclined to give it a shot."

I think a lot of people keep forgetting that just because you CAN skip out on it doesn't mean it's automatically okay.
"It's a silly summer event" is a stupid retort and has been for every year it's been around. It can be silly AND be mechanically engaging.
Like... the two are not mutually exclusive.

Players who don't care for making the gun better won't see any issues here. If anything, it'll just enhance their experience.
For players who DO want it to better will at least find it JUSTIFIABLE to at least get the mode done every now and again.
For a 15-minute at most fix, this makes a lot of people happy with very little downsides.

To say "Nuh-uh" like some DE yes-man is just being reductive. It's partially the reason nothing ever gets done on the forums... or the game.
Do better.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Binket_ said:
On 2024-07-30 at 7:03 PM, Zakkhar said:

How insightful! I sure will use this advice on the giant pile of Elephant Crud in the room!
After all, if I don't like it-- I'll just ignore it and my problems go away! What foul stench? There's no foul stench.

Close the door, throw the key out. Not your room, not your problem. It is not like you were using it in the first place.

32 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

... or if I don't like you? Maybe you'll just go away!

I would. But then again you decided to adress me, which suprise! gives me an alert that calls me back to this thread. 

33 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

But we both know it doesn't work that way. Be productive, not reductive. Add something.

Vote for content by engaging or not engaging with it. There is no better tool to tell devs that there is something wrong or right. What they do with this information is also up to them. Their room, their elephant and their poop. Or you can write multiple threads, while farming the content anyways. See how well that works. If at least the prizes were worth it, but they are meh.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Close the door, throw the key out. Not your room, not your problem.

Congrats! You've successfully made this problem into an even bigger problem!
The room has now festered long enough that it's attracting pests to all the other ADJACENT rooms!
The people aren't happy and they didn't see it coming apparently.

*Slow clap*
Well done Einstein, you've done it again.

6 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I would. But then again you decided to adress me, which suprise! gives me an alert that calls me back to this thread. 

Yes, well-- unlike some dismissive fools, I don't shy away from problems.

Plus, it'd be another mark for me telling you "Don't be reductive."
This isn't your first time.

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

There is no better tool to tell devs that there is something wrong or right. What they do with this information is also up to them.

... are you aware of what the word "Oxymoron" means?
If so, those two sentences would not come to be.

And as I've said, DE is not exactly prone to hearing their players.
Only when the fires become something they can't ignore.
... if I have to rile up players to DO that? So be it.

I'd rather have angry but capable players... than complacent and ignorant ones.

• Like 3

Il y a 1 heure, Binket_ a dit :

I'd rather have angry but capable players... than complacent and ignorant ones.

Well I'm angry alright, DE mentionned themselves they couldn't do a pool noodle. Or didn't know how to make it work.

Rewards aside, that's something I think they could've done as a simple melee reskin of a weapon type that already exists, be it swords, machetes or heavy blades. Would just need a proper model with jiggle physics. Maybe that's the part they couldn't do?

IMO, "fixing dog days" basically would require :

1. Fixing existing content :
    1. Usability pass on the Soaktron (Projectile Flight Speed, Fire Rate, "Reload" speed, damage numbers)
    2. Hit detection on the water baloon, damage numbers.
    3. Map size and collision model (the overall size of the arena, cover spots, high ground spots), but also AI's ability to move around that space.
  2. Diversify the content :
    1. More than one type of gun (just like how waterguns just don't all behave the same irl)
    2. Loadout closer to what we have in regular gameplay (Primary Secondary Melee)
      1. Soaktron would work as a decent primary, but an alternative continuous fire (with less damage) could be envisioned, inversly, a shotgun variant you pump after everyshot for more damage and low capacity should also work.
      2. Thrown water baloons already occupy the secondary slot, but you're not equiped with any by default, I'd say a small plastic bucket filled with water could work as a charge then release one time use high damage secondary (if you have siblings and you went together to the beach, you know what I'm talking about). Throwable Lifebuoy would make for some weird shuriken reskins.
      3. Pool Noodles of various lengths, dual wielded, or two handed, all of them would fit the aesthetic, but would require an abysmal followthrough stat.
    3. Add other maps instead of just the one. At least to break the monotony a bit.
    4. Let the corpus join in on the fun.
  3. Adjust existing rewards and prices, and add new ones :
    1. Cosmetics / captura scenes should never be something insanely hard to grind for.
    2. Add valuable items in limited quantities at reasonable prices.
      1. Such items may include Orokin Reactors, Catalysts, or built Formas.
      2. Adding a max amount of them each player can buy limits the loss of income that would result from having these items farmable in high quantity, but the fact that there is some to be had makes it worth to engage with the gamemode in the first place. (Kind of how they did Arcanes on Jade's Operation).

I know that sounds like "crazy demands" for a "silly event", but just because it's labelled as a "silly event" doesn't mean it's something you should just be looking at with a side eye, thinking "yeah ok I played that for the novelty, but it doesn't give anything worth my time, so why should I even bother with it?", if anything, there's no need for DE to put up the event if there's nothing to it besides "haha funi gas leak accident turns the game into beach episode". There's so much to do in Warframe, I doubt players are going to effectively waste their time on Dog Days once they realize there's nothing worth their effort. Unless they're extremely bored and have nothing better to do, which is a very low number of players.

• Like 2

its genuinely impressive to me that how many people here seem to think that feedback forums are just another name for general discussions.

i have noted out the problems that are blatantly obvious within an event that could and should've been addressed but people are trying to argue that they are not problems specifically because they don't care about them. well too bad, but unfortunately for most of you thats a y'all problem. i rather have an actually fun and engaging event rather than a boring one that the best defence people can conjure up for it is a "dont play it if you dont like it" or something that simply boils down to it with a healthy of dose of lack of reading comprehension.

thank you @Binket_ and @Fred_Avant_2019 for being apparently the only two people in this thread that is actually trying to add to the conversation rather than just brush it aside.

• Like 1

On 2024-08-06 at 2:03 PM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Fixing existing content :

• Usability pass on the Soaktron (Projectile Flight Speed, Fire Rate, "Reload" speed, damage numbers)
  • Hit detection on the water baloon, damage numbers.
  • Map size and collision model (the overall size of the arena, cover spots, high ground spots), but also AI's ability to move around that space.

I feel the latter two points there could be nice to look into, but are mostly functional enough as they are.
The Soaktron absolutely is the culprit for a lot of frustration of this mode. It most stems from the difficulty to even hit targets.

That mostly attributes to an idea that everyone MUST play like a dumbed down casual. Asif DE expects everyone to play as if they have a blindfold on.
There's no other "solutions" or "workarounds" for this problem either, which makes the accuracy of the Soaktron extremely annoying.

Honestly, the damage is one thing. It's that the only option we consistently have is one that actively works against the player.

Diversify the content :

1. More than one type of gun (just like how waterguns just don't all behave the same irl)
    Loadout closer to what we have in regular gameplay (Primary Secondary Melee)
    • Soaktron would work as a decent primary, but an alternative continuous fire (with less damage) could be envisioned, inversly, a shotgun variant you pump after everyshot for more damage and low capacity should also work.
    • Thrown water baloons already occupy the secondary slot, but you're not equiped with any by default, I'd say a small plastic bucket filled with water could work as a charge then release one time use high damage secondary (if you have siblings and you went together to the beach, you know what I'm talking about). Throwable Lifebuoy would make for some weird shuriken reskins.
    • Pool Noodles of various lengths, dual wielded, or two handed, all of them would fit the aesthetic, but would require an abysmal followthrough stat.
  2. Add other maps instead of just the one. At least to break the monotony a bit.
  3. Let the corpus join in on the fun.

Kinda going a similar idea of the previous reply. It harkens back to "the only option we have is a bad one."
Though, I do feel this particular section would be a bit more work than DE would like to put into this mode.
But for the sake of conversation (and to be productive), I'll humor it.

• I do feel having more variations of weapons could help break the monotony of the mode as well.
    • Though, you'd have to be careful as to not make one weapon the "obvious go-to".
  • Maps would likely look the same, but have rearranged landmarks at most... DE is good at recycling after all.
    • Though, I suppose that works.
  • Honestly? I'd rather not. The Grineer at least have this kinda "brotherhood" thing going on that lets them do silly things.
    Corpus would like ask if they can profit off of it, likely in the same ballpark as influencers and like... no thank you? Tired of those as is.

Adjust existing rewards and prices, and add new ones :

• Cosmetics / captura scenes should never be something insanely hard to grind for.
  • Add valuable items in limited quantities at reasonable prices.
    • Such items may include Orokin Reactors, Catalysts, or built Formas.
    • Adding a max amount of them each player can buy limits the loss of income that would result from having these items farmable in high quantity, but the fact that there is some to be had makes it worth to engage with the gamemode in the first place. (Kind of how they did Arcanes on Jade's Operation).

Personally, I feel some of them are way too expensive... but otherwise it works.
Adding more stock always helps keep things relevant though.

I do feel the addition of Forma and other "Evergreen" supplies would be nice to have.
Hell, if all else? You can even add some of the more annoying resources like Neural Sensors to the list, so new players have some way to get those earlier if they want to.
After all, Nakak is available as soon as you unlock Cetus (as a lobby)-- so it's not too much effort to get into it.

The only problem there would be the aforementioned "AFK farmers" since that could possibly be abused by RMT.
... but to be fair, DE shouldn't have let such AFK nonsense happen to begin with.

I doubt players are going to effectively waste their time on Dog Days once they realize there's nothing worth their effort. Unless they're extremely bored and have nothing better to do, which is a very low number of players.

Honestly, even as I had that very same "literally nothing better to do energy" I found it hard to justify Dog Days.
If I wanna inflict suffering upon myself? I know better ways of doing that.

Playing Warframe in general though kinda does the job, really.
If it's not the lack of meaningful things to do, it's the depression knowing that DE is only going to continue making the game """"accessible"""".
... in the same way you get your job replaced by a half-baked "AI". The emotion summed up as "We really just let that happen?"
And than people wonder why I want out of this reality.

If I end up playing Warframe? It's usually to try unique weapons in certain scenarios to pull a fancy move.
Some people want the grind for their monetary "number go up"... but for those people? Modes like Void Cascade or Eidolons tend to be far bigger of priority.
So than we ask again: "Why even release Dog Days at all if nobody is gonna play it?" and we go back to square one.

10 hours ago, Zeclem said:

the only two people in this thread that is actually trying to add to the conversation rather than just brush it aside.

Aye, I'm just adding my two cents.
I often get tired of people saying the usual dismissive stuff because it's... kinda the reason games are going the way they are.
As someone of their mid-20s and has held a Classic Gameboy in their earliest of baby photos? It disgusts me how much video games have gone from an artform... to influencer slop of the most tasteless variety.

Dog Days just reminds me of the same constant law of games nowadays.
"Reduce what could've been, reuse the lost assets with an additional caveat, recycle everything that isn't the agenda."

I used to wake up some odd 10 years ago with the same stars in my eyes that you'd see in a kid of a fantasy setting who just found a library.
That another day meant another tale that could be released. Something passionate made to defy the apathy and entropic world we live in.
... now it's getting harder and harder to believe that I could do that once upon a time. With every day eyes glazing over with a grayscale plea.

Still, problems like this? The more you look, the more it's still prevalent in reality.
So you gotta speak up! Black and white if all else is at least far more energetic than one long wash of gray.

• Like 2

I used to not like Dogs Days, but last year I grinded it and it was alright once you get into a groove.  I'll have to play it again to remember the issues I had with it, but I'd really actually like to see them do more with it than less.  They are doing the min right now with the reskins, when you can see how much potential it has to be good, especially for a regular PVP mode.  It's also awesome playing at night vs day.

Of all the events going on, I think its probably one of the more enjoyable ones.  What if they had capture the flag or other modes, and allowed some limited movement mods or parkour?  Give me kavats grace and stuff.  I'd much rather play a few dogs days rounds than plague star.  What's frustrating with Dogs Days imo, is you can see that PVP could be good if they devoted a little more time to it. 

I like the soaktron, but Dogs Days is all about the lob shots and movement skills and it's completely different gameplay from normal Warframe, which is why, to me, it has more long term value than other events.  I mean, it's definitely more enjoyable than Ascension event was and that's a new Warframe event! (I also happened to like this event, but which one gets boring quicker if you play it repeatedly? - imo it's Ascension, because Dogs Days has a higher skill ceiling).

But, they probably aren't ever going to expand on Dogs Days, which is sad - like if it was team slayer and no bots, that would be pretty cool as well!  When I did some sporadic pvp, it sucked so much that I couldn't get into it, but Dogs Days doesn't have that issue.  It's definitely pretty grindy, but I guess it's by design for it to take years, so if it was less grindy, that is fine, or more rewarding, that is fine too (since we're talking about doing the min and not the max from a dev perspective). 

Dog days needs more maps and maybe some other weapons.  Team slayer, ctf also.  Then killing spree, double kill, triple kill, overkill etc.

Most of the events are super grindy in general so dogs days doesnt really stand out there.  After doing the initial alerts, all the new content can be earned in another 15 missions, which isn't too bad, but most of the rest are just player glyphs.

Like all other areas, cosmetics are way too expensive and require tons of regular grinding if you want to stockpile.  Maybe that's why people say fashion is the end game.