Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of frames you havent heard of for a long time

Let me begin. There are some obvious candidates for me, but there is one that really surprises me:

Dagath

Like shes literally one of the newest frames but nobody ever plays her. I dont even know what she does. Sadly, D stands for Dante now even though he was the second "D" frame to come. And boy is he spammed. Anyway, what frames have you not heard of for a long time?

Edited by MaxTunnerX

• MaxTunnerX changed the title to List of frames you havent heard of for a long time

Looking at my list (which consists of only prime frames mind you):

Vauban, CC is made less relevant given eximus and new units but given his CC role he isn't in talks of reworks. There are still some mentions of him because of this but I haven't seen him played since it would be obvious if he was.

Nekros, loot is hardly a need anymore and outside of that he doesn't have a good use that someone can't do better.

Maybe not a long time but long enough to make a point for these ones:

Hydroid? Had his rework and nobody plays him now? Same with Grendel and Inaros.

I'm sure people enjoyed the reworks given to those frames but to me I have no idea what their abilities were doing before the rework so I have no inclination to go back and learn them. They've fallen upwards when it comes to discussions about bottom tier frames but not enough to be played at an average level.

Edited by Numerounius

...Oberon...

Just to be fair, I recently played Inaros. He's up to his neck in quicksand again... still uninteresting.

^ I do play Hydroid, and pouring on the Tau Green shards. (2) Coalescent eats up a lot of time, so it's been a slow process. but the sheer damage he spits out with Sporothrix / Riven / Volatile is getting impressive. I use him on NetraCell.

Edited by PrideB4TheFall
  • Like 1

I find her better to use solo, teammates can ruin her combos so I wouldn't be surprised if most people playing her are also playing alone.

Also if you look at the most popular frames it's literally all frames that take little effort to use and build, it's not surprising that frames that take a bit more to use tend to be less played by the average player

Edited by C11H22O1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

Dagath release a good while ago, maybe like 9 months?

I guess time flies, but shes still one of the newest frames. Im not counting primes of course because thats just old frames primed.

42 minutes ago, TsukuyomiNoGeki said:

Does it count if I play these frames?

If so, Caliban, Inaros, Ivara, Ash, Trinity 

It kind of counts haha. But as far as I know, all of these frames except for Caliban are still used, but only for 1 mission at a time. Inaros for hijack, ivara for kuva liches/sisters/boss fights and archons (one hit kills), ash for armor strip boss fights (and grineer SP missions in general) and trinity for healing eidolon lures and defection NPCs. But yeah there is a very low chance you will meet these in most missions and especially in random squads. People who use them know why theyre using them and they dont need anyone to ruin their mission progress or time so they go solo or invite-only.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GunMute said:

Never seen Voruna in game, period.

Lmao yeah, but I played her once and she had like permanent total status immunity and stuff, why the hell does nobody play her? I know why I dont play her, but she seems good overall.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

14 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Let me begin. There are some obvious candidates for me, but there is one that really surprises me:

Dagath

Like shes literally one of the newest frames but nobody ever plays her. I dont even know what she does. Sadly, D stands for Dante now even though he was the second "D" frame to come. And boy is he spammed. Anyway, what frames have you not heard of for a long time?

the issue is that, many warframes are outclassed, and we have about 55 i think, x2, because of primes

why use X when A is better? 

Who the heck would use Oberon, Chroma, Trinity, Nyx, Caliban? 

Support frames: Wisp, Jade, Dante outclass every other supporter

For Defense, you get 2: Frost or Gara, no one else can really help out much, maybe limbo

Excavation: Frost, or bust, khora maybe, but eh

The Index: Khora Reigns supreme

Hijack: Hildryn is number 1, harrow maybe 2?

Exterminate: We actually have tons of options, like sarying, xaku, protea, ember, equinox (virtually useless now do to low dps)

Mobile Defense: Not as bad as defense, but there are still the same options that make it well, Atlas can help with his 3 rock walls

Sanctuary Onslaught: Saryn is everyones go to, but mirage is great here, or ember, frost, volt.

Largely, in Steel path, You will only see 2 types now, Defense max, or Offense Max frames. and dante

CC warframes generally became useless in the higher game modes, due to overguard, and CC frames just have 0 defenses or damage.

I see nova sometimes, but the vast majority of players are using Wukong, Inaros, Dante currently. 

Might see mesa. 

But never grendel, voruna, sevagoth i havent seen used 1 time, baruuk is good.

The issue in wanting to see every warframe used, is the pool is Massive. 

Too many frames, too many weapons, most useless, weak, but its all about meta (or personal prefernce favorites)

regardless, people use what is the top tier best. everything else, is MR Fodder.

In 11 years, i have seen 0 Excalibur Primes. and many Excalibur Umbras. no Base Excaliburs. no valkyr. alot of rhino though.

Oh yeah, Mastery rank 30 test, use Octavia. In survival endless, Ivara or Octavia. 

I wish loki would get an actual tool kit rework, with a wheel ability, of 4 trap, menace, disorientation, horror skills. 

Hes meant to be a playful trickster, but his decoy is pathetic. 

For spy, you could go invisible, or just use the Helminth hack power + Wukongs Cloud and the parazon 15s invisibility mod. 

Edited by Tomplexthis

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Tomplexthis said:

the issue is that, many warframes are outclassed, and we have about 55 i think, x2, because of primes

why use X when A is better? 

Who the heck would use Oberon, Chroma, Trinity, Nyx, Caliban? 

Support frames: Wisp, Jade, Dante outclass every other supporter

For Defense, you get 2: Frost or Gara, no one else can really help out much, maybe limbo

Excavation: Frost, or bust, khora maybe, but eh

The Index: Khora Reigns supreme

Hijack: Hildryn is number 1, harrow maybe 2?

Exterminate: We actually have tons of options, like sarying, xaku, protea, ember, equinox (virtually useless now do to low dps)

Mobile Defense: Not as bad as defense, but there are still the same options that make it well, Atlas can help with his 3 rock walls

Sanctuary Onslaught: Saryn is everyones go to, but mirage is great here, or ember, frost, volt.

Largely, in Steel path, You will only see 2 types now, Defense max, or Offense Max frames. and dante

CC warframes generally became useless in the higher game modes, due to overguard, and CC frames just have 0 defenses or damage.

I see nova sometimes, but the vast majority of players are using Wukong, Inaros, Dante currently. 

Might see mesa. 

But never grendel, voruna, sevagoth i havent seen used 1 time, baruuk is good.

The issue in wanting to see every warframe used, is the pool is Massive. 

Too many frames, too many weapons, most useless, weak, but its all about meta (or personal prefernce favorites)

regardless, people use what is the top tier best. everything else, is MR Fodder.

In 11 years, i have seen 0 Excalibur Primes. and many Excalibur Umbras. no Base Excaliburs. no valkyr. alot of rhino though.

Oh yeah, Mastery rank 30 test, use Octavia. In survival endless, Ivara or Octavia. 

I wish loki would get an actual tool kit rework, with a wheel ability, of 4 trap, menace, disorientation, horror skills. 

Hes meant to be a playful trickster, but his decoy is pathetic. 

For spy, you could go invisible, or just use the Helminth hack power + Wukongs Cloud and the parazon 15s invisibility mod. 

Your post alone kind of defeats the point you are trying to make. I use totally different set of warframes that are absolutely meta as well, which really does surprise me :D. But I get what you mean and yes, that has been the problem for a long time. Devs either make frames too OP, too UP or too "same". Creativity ran out long ago and most frames now are just different versions of old frames like volt (gauss, gyre) or straight up OP nonsense giving in to the new stuff that they have just come up with (like overguard). Wisp was the first "OP by design" frame that I have seen, dominating in literally all aspects, making healers that "just heal" obsolete. then the others like Dante came and ruined a bunch of other frames. CC got ruined by the stupid eximus rework last year and harrow got ruined by zariman weapons. Giving people mroe crit chance is nwo actually a bad thing so harrow is a public enemy.

But yeah, trinity is most likely the only frame that can actually heal stuff (like lures, defense objectives and defection grineer). For defense and excavation, limbo is one of the best actually, especially on endgame levels because his 4 completely blocks any damage, no matter how much. Thats why people open rivens and do nightwave with him, even though he totally sucks overall and is detrimental to the team. But of course people mostly use mirage or saryn for easy "kill all map" and fast mission times, which is what you definitely want in something as boring and crappy as defense missions are. As for spy missions, invisiblity is actually not needed at all. All you need is speed and helminth hack (aka that wukong build you mentioned, or just straight up titania). Index again, I love khora there, but titania with a few energy archon shards is a beast and even better than khora there. I was in an index squad a few weeks ago with a pro titania main, and boy he did like 10 index rounds in a row faster than I could even see enemies. I have like 1/3 of his build and I am already setting my personal records there.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

I barely see anyone playing Dante, so this is as weird to me as the people complaining about Wukong when I barely see him either.  

Banshee, Nyx, Atlas, Caliban, Loki, Oberon, Sevagoth, and Trinity are all way rarer than even those though.  Like half the roster is barely represented in the pubs I end up in.  And because they stupidly moved where Oberon drops from and he's no longer in your face as an option, several new players don't even know he exists.  I had someone ask me if he was new not too long ago.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

I barely see anyone playing Dante

I see a fair amount of Dante.  Not the most frequent, but probably top 12.  EDA is easily the biggest place I see them, with one on what I'd guess is the majority of squads.

• Like 2